Why I’m no longer a Christian

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#431608 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like all the loser christians that bomb abortion clinics hypocrite?
Those are murder clinics that have made Hitler (who was NOT a Christian) look like a saint.
You condone killing babies, but that is what you atheists do best.....KILL.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#431609 Dec 31, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine an eternity penned up with an all-powerful control freak who can read your thoughts?
Now ~that~ would be hell, indeed....
You are a fool according to the Bible, and I believe what the Bible says.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#431610 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are murder clinics that have made Hitler (who was NOT a Christian) look like a saint.
It's called "justification" and you just proved why so many people hate christians LOl...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431611 Dec 31, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, OK. Confession time.
I tried to read "The Hobbit" many years ago. Couldn't get interested in it.
I watched forty-five minutes or so of Lord of the Rings, turned it off when I realized I was daydreaming, wasn't even following it.
Harry Potter samo samo. Yawn.
I guess I was just born without the fantasy gene. It's the same way I lost interest in church.
I'm always interested in the symbology and social commentary that runs through fantasy and mythology, while I admit that I'm not fanatical about the genre of literature. I did grow up in it.

It is always a human struggle, even in the rewrite.

Han shot first!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_shot_first

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#431613 Dec 31, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
The Little Woman and I are not quite over a nasty bout with a flu that's going around, so I think it's going to be milk and cookies at bedtime for us and we'll wake up to greet 2013.
I am sorry to read that the two of you have the flu, I hope both of you feel better soon. Wishing you and all of yours the happiest of new years!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#431614 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh biable sayas tat bats are boirds, so tats what you believes!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431615 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you should consider reading the damned book.

In reality, you don't actually believe the book either.

Your actions prove that.

For that, we thank you.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431616 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like all the loser christians that bomb abortion clinics hypocrite?
Bomb abortion clinics? Really? That's a bit much....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#431617 Dec 31, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tells perfect strangers that we deserve an eternity of torment in a lake of fire, then feels threatened by a vague reference to sledgehammers.
I don't think I will ever understand religious people.
Don't feel bad, his sickotrist done give up on the varmint too!

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#431618 Dec 31, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It's called "justification" and you just proved why so many people hate christians LOl...
This made absolutely no sense, you deluded evil twit.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#431619 Dec 31, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel bad, his sickotrist done give up on the varmint too!
~*~*~*~*~ Happy New Years BT~*~*~*~*~

Wishing you and your family plenty of love, happiness and prosperity this coming year. I will be heading for Disney World in a few days..A whole week of fun and thrills. Have a safe New Year

Location hidden

#431620 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
This made absolutely no sense, you deluded evil twit.
Made plenty o' sense ta me!
Truth is, I been think'n 'bout mov'n the still an all farther up the mountain so's we ain't gotta keep shoot'n all you hate filed varmints what keeps com'n up here try'n ta save the world from the "spirits" what most of yer pastors loves so much. Prolem is, them wives an daughters is keep'n the boys pretty satisfied, so I got's ta give it lotsa thought yet...cain't have the boys all upset neither, ya know!
Anaways, if'n ya wants ta come on up an have a bit o' intercourse 'concern'n it yer more then welcome ta...
Happy nude year to ya varmint

Location hidden

#431621 Dec 31, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
~*~*~*~*~ Happy New Years BT~*~*~*~*~
Wishing you and your family plenty of love, happiness and prosperity this coming year. I will be heading for Disney World in a few days..A whole week of fun and thrills. Have a safe New Year
An the same right back to ya sis! I know you folks been plann'n this for a while, an is real exited 'bout it all! I hopes ya has the best time anyone on this here earth has ever had there...me an my chilluns sure did!
I love you all an wish you the best year an future ever,,,say howdy ta dad fer me will ya?!
Word ta the wise...DON"T let yer kids eat all them damned raisens they shove at em- you'll be sorry if'n ya do!

Have a great vacation!

BT42

Since: Jul 08

Fenton, MI

#431622 Dec 31, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, OK. Confession time.
I tried to read "The Hobbit" many years ago. Couldn't get interested in it.
I watched forty-five minutes or so of Lord of the Rings, turned it off when I realized I was daydreaming, wasn't even following it.
Harry Potter samo samo. Yawn.
I guess I was just born without the fantasy gene. It's the same way I lost interest in church.
I tried to read The Hobbit as a teenager. I was a big reader of fiction back then, but I could not get through it. I saw the Ring movies cuz I had to take my son, but a trip to the dentist would have been less painful for me.

Location hidden

#431623 Dec 31, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Bomb abortion clinics? Really? That's a bit much....
They were doing it so often that they had to pass laws against the religious freaks.

Location hidden

#431624 Dec 31, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
This made absolutely no sense
I'm not surprised you can't understand. If you had half a brain you'd be a half-wit...

Since: Jul 08

Fenton, MI

#431625 Dec 31, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Juicylu does not seem to really be searching for enlightenment...just the right Christian church.
There is nothing wrong with that of course, unless you say you are searching for enlightenment but only asking questions about which church you should attend.
I still think Jesus had some very fine teachings that are worth upholding in this day and time. But I also think that the Buddha had the same. So did other mere mortals.
Yup. I am not sure that there is anything
in his teachings, as portrayed in the NT, that is significant to nonbelievers that can't be found in earlier sources. Golden rule? There are scores of earlier versions, including in the OT:

"The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God."

-- Leviticus 19:34

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#431626 Dec 31, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
This warning from the Jewish apostle Paul is becoming clearer and clearer as the days grow darker and darker:
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)
Go chase the squirrel!! Git 'im!!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#431628 Dec 31, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
As all the planets of the universe that have intelligent life align in perfect order with Earth ... a gamma ray blast of knowledge shoots across the vast, dark reaches of space and time and slams headlong into the Great Pyramid of Intellect ... where, as fate would have it, standing precisely at ground zero is, Professor Clownie. Go figure!!!
GIT THAT SQUIRREL!!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#431629 Dec 31, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the truth... you're a liar
Jesus never existed. Deal with it.

But there *is* a squirrel with your name on it; go get 'im!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 56,353
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 3 min Mila 172
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 29 min MUQ2 45,004
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Peace_Warrior 618,577
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,359
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Steve III 650,730
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 2 hr Johnny 768
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr X Pendable 182,982
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Hangman 971,894
More from around the web