Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#431297 Dec 30, 2012
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie version of the Ten Commandments is pretty good too.
So is Lord of the Rings.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#431298 Dec 30, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is where you belong.
Hell is Costco on a Sunday. I've already been there.

Eat my shit.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#431299 Dec 30, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Nah! Professor Clownie knows everything that is pertinent to life on planet Earth.
Then what is the question to 42?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#431300 Dec 30, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So is Lord of the Rings.
LotR was better by far. Much higher production value.

“How You Treat Me”

#431301 Dec 30, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure about over there X but with the ones I know here that's not the case, we disagree with most other Denominations, we have Elders and discuss different interpretations of the Bible unfortunately, Qld only has 2 Non Denom Churches and they're too far away now. This is part of the reason I'm struggling with choosing a church to go to, they all seem to have way too many disagreements, confusing interpretations etc...I do sometimes say Religion when I mean Denomination too, I used to think it was all the same thing, if that helps. I think the closest but not quite that I've seen to what meshes with my beliefs is my sis in law who is a non orthodox Presbyterian. Riders in the Storm gave me this link to a test to determine one's denomination and that reckons I'm a Pressie lol. But I'm not sure yet.
Ever think about just becoming a Buddhist? No hell, no devils, no demons, no imposed guilt trips...just a search for enlightenment.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#431302 Dec 30, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Corned beef...
OMG don't get me started. There's noting like a good corned beef sandwich on ray...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#431303 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what is the question to 42?
I ain't telling

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431304 Dec 30, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Since I don't know what you're pulling out of yor sleeve, here's another good discussion of the sects of late second-temple Judaism.
It's from the Jesus to Christ site
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...
The Pharisees were bashed because they supported 'the Law' even though they believed in resurrection, while Sadducees were bashed because they were reformers but denied resurrection. The Essenes were viewed as Gnostics so they didn't get trashed until much later in Christian history.

That leaves few Jews unbashed. So much for the "Christianity isn't antisemitic" statements.

“How You Treat Me”

#431305 Dec 30, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
"Don't grow up, it's a trap!" LOL....I think I might have to buy me some t shirts....then cut the sleeves off cause it's so freaken hot! Is it snowing where you are?
Not snowing, but it rarely gets above 38F (that's, what, about 3.3C?). Man, I am *so* ready for summer!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431307 Dec 30, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No one knows.
In the words of Metzger*:
<quoted text>
And I argue for a fourth option: The ending became problematic and was redacted.
But I cannot *know* that and have to admit my position doesn't even make Metzger's list of possibilities.
But if these things were easy to puzzle through, they wouldn't be any fun.
* Metzger, Bruce M., A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament (Hendrickson Publishers, Incorporated, 2005), p. 105, n. 7.
I would be a fool to say that you're wrong or that I was right.

It's all about the fun.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#431308 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
LotR was better by far. Much higher production value.
And more believable! LOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#431309 Dec 30, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Nah! Professor Clownie knows everything that is pertinent to life on planet Earth.
All a fish can prove is what he see in the fish tank. Your tank is polluted with religion.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#431310 Dec 30, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why would God choose the adherents to any man made religion over another man made religion? Which is the one sect of the 39,000 from which God chooses names for his list? It's all so very silly sounding to me for Christians to think that their small little sect of Christianity is the only pool from which God has to choose, while at the same time counting all Christians together when trying to make a point about how Christianity is taking over the earth. But then, when you tell them what a Catholic or a JW has to say, you say they are not 'real' Christians.
You guys are a hoot to watch in action.
This is the choice for you today, salvation in Christ or damnation without Him.
That is what Jesus taught.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.(John 3:16-18)
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.(Mark 16:14-16)

Jesus is the only way !!!!! its by faith not works

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#431311 Dec 30, 2012
For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. John 3-17

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#431312 Dec 30, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I ain't telling
No fair, even Deep Thought wants to know now.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#431313 Dec 30, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be a fool to say that you're wrong or that I was right.
It's all about the fun.
If you wanna have fun pull down your pants and run !!!!!!! I do

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#431314 Dec 30, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
They had to one up the 14 year old that the Christian deity knocked up.
LOL
Or Pantera did, according to an excellent case made by Tabor in a book with a title that alludes me at the moment.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that the modern conecept of age of consent is a recent invention. Child brides and preteen concubines were status quo in the past (and still practiced in the USA by certan Christian sects).
True.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#431315 Dec 30, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>All a fish can prove is what he see in the fish tank. Your tank is polluted with religion.
thats the worst post this week !!!!!!!!!! no skills/game

pitiful

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#431316 Dec 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No fair, even Deep Thought wants to know now.
I got a secret! but I'am not telling...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431317 Dec 30, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. John 3-17
So God and Jesus both failed?

Ain't that a cryin' shame.

Who wants to play Parcheesi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min waaasssuuup 853,258
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min kent 595,758
Gay sex in raigarh 11 min Anil 3
Sex with demon possessed doll 24 min PirateFan 39
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 5,781
Can a White Pride Group not be labeled a racist... (Apr '07) 1 hr Johnny 6,099
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr The_Box 100,641
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr Truths 612,581
More from around the web