Why I’m no longer a Christian

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#431138 Dec 29, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ok. Many don't. Including my brother, who won't speak to me until I "get over it". I really don't like judgemental people, whoever or whatever they are. My faith is my personal experience and I'm open to suggestions and growth but having stood on both sided of the most judged people on earth I refuse to be any kind of bigot. Did Jesus tell you to mock non believers? Did He? Or was it your Pastor? May I ask what denomination you are please?
I think Just Results might be a Sadducee, but with his fascination with eternal torment, he might be a Pharisee or an Essene.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431139 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would strongly advise against taking anyone on topix too seriously.
The guy with the big rubber nose and the flower that squirts holy water means well.
He just has a very mixed up religion, and I think he might be a little angry about a tattoo that he got while he was drunk in San Francisco a long time ago.
One thing you'll learn on topix. Sometimes, folks just like to argue.
Yeah, I'm starting to see that, lol....

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#431140 Dec 29, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>X you can't blame it on GOD, You don't believe in him.. who do you blame?
your religion, that which formed you, uneducated and immoral; an embarrassment for your Nation

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431141 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your views on the rapture?
(I'm asking so I won't taunt, but others...well, ya know)
I'm a little confused when it comes to the rapture, like am I going to disappear, stay back to 'stand'(great movie btw) or get left behind to help others or what? I'd like to believe it's true but I haven't made sense of it in my mind yet. All that I do believe in the Bible I had to come to on my own, sometimes with an elder's help but I don't speak to them much anymore. Revelation is my favourite Book though, I'm kinda obsessed with it.
What do you think about it?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431142 Dec 29, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not angry because my beliefs are not challenged and never have been challenged. Your stifled incapacity to support your atheism has duped you. You are challenged and perplexed by your lack of enough faith in atheism.
Your lack of faith in atheism is why you can't depart from this forum.
It's your daily burden and you NEED forums like this to sustain your habit of lying to yourself.
Are you God?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431143 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would strongly advise against taking anyone on topix too seriously.
The guy with the big rubber nose and the flower that squirts holy water means well.
He just has a very mixed up religion, and I think he might be a little angry about a tattoo that he got while he was drunk in San Francisco a long time ago.
One thing you'll learn on topix. Sometimes, folks just like to argue.
I like to argue and debate too but sometimes people cheat and are so mean they make me want to curl up with my stuffed monkey and cry.
;)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431144 Dec 29, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I understand what you were getting at.
Thanks for clearing that up.
LMCAO..........
;)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431145 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-denominational is a revolt against denominations, dozens of denominations with unnumerable sects of each.
What you "are" is determined by what you believe, not by the non-label you attach to yourself.
We could ask dozens of questions and have a good old time, but it probably wouldn't be as fun for you.
Whatever you "are" is your business, it ain't none o' mine.
Well, that does sound like me, I revolt against most denominations. Might do me well to find out.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431146 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Just Results might be a Sadducee, but with his fascination with eternal torment, he might be a Pharisee or an Essene.
Thanks X, I'll avoid those churches then.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431147 Dec 29, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little confused when it comes to the rapture, like am I going to disappear, stay back to 'stand'(great movie btw) or get left behind to help others or what? I'd like to believe it's true but I haven't made sense of it in my mind yet. All that I do believe in the Bible I had to come to on my own, sometimes with an elder's help but I don't speak to them much anymore. Revelation is my favourite Book though, I'm kinda obsessed with it.
What do you think about it?
It sounds like you've been taught by Protestant Premillennial Dispensationalists. There's good reason for being confused. It's an eschatology that is never taught in the Bible.

Are you kiffing? I think Revelation is a great book. A Jewish Christian angrily calling down the powers of the Almighty against Pauline Christianity.

That's some good stuff, right there, I tell ya.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431148 Dec 29, 2012
Kiffing, or kidding.

Either way.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431149 Dec 29, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to argue and debate too but sometimes people cheat and are so mean they make me want to curl up with my stuffed monkey and cry.
;)
I think that sometimes we can forget that there are real people on the other end of the line, and we're all guilty of doing it.

We humans like to defend our perceived territory.

It's a survival instinct.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#431150 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You were intentionally being dishonest then?
Well that's not good.
Like I said I was joking, not being dishonest at all... Sorry, if you took it that way..

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431151 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you've been taught by Protestant Premillennial Dispensationalists. There's good reason for being confused. It's an eschatology that is never taught in the Bible.

Are you kiffing? I think Revelation is a great book. A Jewish Christian angrily calling down the powers of the Almighty against Pauline Christianity.

That's some good stuff, right there, I tell ya.
Lol... Maybe I'll just be a Christian Agnostic and work it out myself then... Lol.... Yelling at all the churches too...love it...were you a Christian at some point?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#431152 Dec 29, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>I think that sometimes we can forget that there are real people on the other end of the line, and we're all guilty of doing it.

We humans like to defend our perceived territory.

It's a survival instinct.
True.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#431153 Dec 29, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol..hi Annie...lol.
Non Denominational Christians, we have a few here, halls as opposed to churches, just focusing on the Bible and Christ without too many rituals, man made laws etc...Quite a few schools here are Non Denominational Christian schools too.'Non Denom' is just the short version used. I should have known, lol. It's still a religion but it's not extreme, just down to basics, if that makes sense.
Peace <3
Sorry JL...I just misread your post.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431154 Dec 29, 2012
XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said I was joking, not being dishonest at all... Sorry, if you took it that way..
No harm done.

But I do have to say that introducing yourself by claiming that I don't have the ability to understand the Bible does you more harm than it does me.

We both know that it is a rote response that you heard somewhere that allows you to perpetuate a delusion.

Homey don't play that.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#431155 Dec 29, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... Maybe I'll just be a Christian Agnostic and work it out myself then... Lol.... Yelling at all the churches too...love it...were you a Christian at some point?
Yes. That is why I am on this thread.

But according to some people, I never actually believed what I actually believed.

So there's that.
Huh

Hurst, TX

#431156 Dec 29, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I love a book you don't understand...LOL
Yes, I did find Mein Kampf confusing.
Huh

Hurst, TX

#431157 Dec 29, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Great post! BTW Im a Jesus man all the way
Of course you are. And a José man, a Guillermo man, a Pãco man, a Rãmon man, and an Adolfo man. You've been poked by Mexican bats so often you look like the piñata at the downtown Juarez Cinco de Mayo festival. Usted est un joto, puto. Tu hermano no tiene la ingle. Yo cago en la leche de tu puta madre.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Pegasus 272,425
White Lives MATTER 5 min Poov 114
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min Rosa_Winkel 2,038
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Hidingfromyou 865,627
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 37 min trolllord69 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 54 min Peace_Warrior 612,919
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 40,897
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RoSesz 600,085
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr Burke Devlin 6,543
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr andy 45
More from around the web