|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm getting that. I'm now wondering if anyone understands what 'outer suburb' means, lol, for those who haven't a clue it's a suburban area close to the main city of Brisbane but not the city of Brisbane itself. I've read all her posts, she seems to do this kind of thing a lot. I shall most definitely be taking your advice.
Peace :)
No. Let's be clear here.

After claiming that two mythical figures, Cain and Lilith, were son and mother, G-O-D asked if *you* would "expand on that."

Instead of *you* expanding, you copied and pasted the thoughts of someone else under your avatar and without attribution:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

When called on it, you simply could have said you regretted the omission.

But you preferred to sing and dance.

Plagiarism is literary theft. You are a thief. If you had claimed ignorance and promised to do better, it would not have become an issue. But your inability to admit your error simply makes it worse and keeps it alive.

And it proves you are, at the core, a dishonest person.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
It is more disturbing to find out that Christian preachers are fostering this type of antisocial behavior.
But then again, has it ever been any different?
Huzzah Sola Scriptura
From what I've observed this seems to happen a lot more in America than here, the preachers I've seen here just read the Bible and discuss it, except for this one Charismatic Pentecostal church I checked out, which was a bit like a rock Concert with people jumping around and acting strangely. But I am starting to see why people here view Christians the way they do, I blame people like these loonies...

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I finished that Frontline piece. Really nice. Only a few quibbles. For example, unless I missed something, they had a clip of Pagels urging that Mark's gospel originally ended at 16:8.
Everyone knows 16:9-19 is a late addition. But Metzger in his commentary on the Greek New Testament, if I remember correctly, notes that the majority position is that the original ending was lost and the minority view is that it was intended to end rather oddly at 16:8. If time permitted only one view to be covered, it probably should have been the majority view.
But maybe I am misremembering either Pagels' clip, Metzger's position, or both.
Regardless, really good stuff.
I think Metzger's position is no longer prevalent, but I could be wrong.

I'm waiting for one of my twitter'migoes to add his two cents as he walks through GoMark. He's almost there.

http://www.biblejunkies.com/2012/04/complete-...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:11-12
11 釘lessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me...
You're still deluding yourself, Clownie.

Your problem is your hypocrisy, not your following Jesus.

Because you don't follow Jesus.

You only claim to.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. That was funny...
Watching Christians viciously attack the minority for persecuting the majority is always fun to watch.

Watching Christians devour each other ... now THAT's entertainment.

Lions ain't got nuthin' on an angry Evangelical.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I've been reading a lot of posts written by 'Christians' like this guy and am starting to get it, lol. Some of these types of posts remind me of these loonies, check it out...
Landover Baptist is a satire-site. Another great one is ChristWire
http://christwire.org/

Proving Poe's Law to be true.

Since: Jul 08

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Metzger's position is no longer prevalent, but I could be wrong.
I'm waiting for one of my twitter'migoes to add his two cents as he walks through GoMark. He's almost there.
http://www.biblejunkies.com/2012/04/complete-...
Good stuff.

And I may be biased. I always have agreed with Evan Powell's claim that there was a longer ending to Mark, that it was redacted, and that it ended up, in modified form, as the so-called "second ending" to John, John 21, a very late addition to that gospel.

But *that* surely is a minority position.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've observed this seems to happen a lot more in America than here, the preachers I've seen here just read the Bible and discuss it, except for this one Charismatic Pentecostal church I checked out, which was a bit like a rock Concert with people jumping around and acting strangely. But I am starting to see why people here view Christians the way they do, I blame people like these loonies...
You're on the back side of the curve.

Get ready, it'sa comin'.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you base these claims on?
You must be one dumbass atheist if you can't see the crimes that are exponentially climbing since the removal of God from schools.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Now thats funny!!!
Why thank you, Mr. Clown.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Let's be clear here.
After claiming that two mythical figures, Cain and Lilith, were son and mother, G-O-D asked if *you* would "expand on that."
Instead of *you* expanding, you copied and pasted the thoughts of someone else under your avatar and without attribution:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
When called on it, you simply could have said you regretted the omission.
But you preferred to sing and dance.
Plagiarism is literary theft. You are a thief. If you had claimed ignorance and promised to do better, it would not have become an issue. But your inability to admit your error simply makes it worse and keeps it alive.
And it proves you are, at the core, a dishonest person.
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm not getting into a childish slinging match again. If you think I'm a plagiarist and that I lied about it sue me, report me, whatever. I also did admit my error several times, after I read all the relevant information pertaining to your country. I also posted several links showing information on the topic. Including that to prove plagiarism you have to prove intent as well, good luck with it.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching Christians viciously attack the minority for persecuting the majority is always fun to watch.
Watching Christians devour each other ... now THAT's entertainment.
Lions ain't got nuthin' on an angry Evangelical.
What is entertaining is how you yack talk ONLY because you are anonymous. You are a pathetic coward showing off your dishonesty.

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one dumbass atheist if you can't see the crimes that are exponentially climbing since the removal of God from schools.
I can't believe the kids can't pray to Mithra anymore either.

It just ain't right, huh?

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good stuff.
To you it was, only because it was a lie.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Landover Baptist is a satire-site. Another great one is ChristWire
http://christwire.org/
Proving Poe's Law to be true.
Lol...that's funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're deluding yourself, Clownie.
I understand it just fine.
That's why I reject it.
If you understood it, you would to.
This is why your religion fosters ignorance.
I'm not downing your beliefs, but you truly don't understand the Bible then you must have read it with a closed mind.. It's not nice to criticize others beliefs if you don't understand the special grace they have received and you haven't..just saying... I'm sure you're a very nice person when not talking about others religion..

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
What is entertaining is how you yack talk ONLY because you are anonymous. You are a pathetic coward showing off your dishonesty.
Christians often get angry when their beliefs are challenged.

Maybe, instead of getting angry, you should get good.

Read a quality book about your myth.

Here's a simple one anyone can understand:

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Wrote-New-Testament...

Mack's not a great scholar in the league of Koester, Metzger, or Tabor. But he can make stuff simple enough that even fundies can understand it.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm a Non Denom Christian but I used to be an Atheist, my brother is an Atheist and I know quite a few others too. They are very rational, logical people and the majority are Law abiding. They don't believe in the afterlife so that usually makes them more appreciative of their one life, this appreciation leads them to make better thought out decisions in all aspects of life. Can you please list for me, all the Atheist killers of America and then a comparative list of religious killers, for the past 15 years please. If you are really a Christian I suggest you go and read the NT a little more closely and stop making the rest of us look like idiots. I will patiently await your list.

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
To you it was, only because it was a lie.
Well, I'd be pleased to discuss that claim with you, but I bet you can't back it up with fact, huh?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Good stuff.
And I may be biased. I always have agreed with Evan Powell's claim that there was a longer ending to Mark, that it was redacted, and that it ended up, in modified form, as the so-called "second ending" to John, John 21, a very late addition to that gospel.
But *that* surely is a minority position.
To me, the ending at v.8 fits perfectly with the story told by the author.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

550 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 256,405
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min shyam 4,567
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 7 min ChromiuMan 5,222
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min CowardlYID Fkrs 114,986
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 532,478
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min It aint necessarily so 720,325
Last Word + 2 14 min Richies Cool Man Diary 26
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Lyndi 172,284
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••