“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#430822 Dec 29, 2012
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
In an interview with Public Radio, Hamer also claimed that his testing showed an inclination towards transcendence and spirituality, and NOT towards a belief in a god per se. He emphasized the importance of seperating spirituality from religion. He also claimed that in testing for spirituality, members of the clergy (various religions) had consistantly scored quite low.
He also gave quite a good lecture at Marlboro college on not only why some people are gay, but why some people are straight.

You can see part of it here:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#430823 Dec 29, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Can you say faux news?
It's not limited to Fox News. It is spread in every extremist church that everyone is trying to persecute you because you're a believer. This teaches people not to be responsible for their actions, thoughts or words. Someone else is always to blame, never the Christian...no matter what they do.

To be taught that there is no responsibility here on earth is to be taught that no matter what you do, you're forgiven. Therefore, there is no thought of ones actions against another human being.

I'd like to once again say if all preachers said the things Spong says, we'd be a mentally healthier nation.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#430824 Dec 29, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem I have with how you chose to word your post‘s, is that you state that the gene is defective and a disorder. Nothing I have read or heard about his hypothesis, has ever stated such.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at. The original Time magazine article covered this. I have a link for it but unfortunately they have changed their site so now you have to pay to access it. I do however document all of my research and I have screenshots of the article. It will take some time but I will find what you are looking for and post it for you. Hope that helps.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#430825 Dec 29, 2012
Silent Majority wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's been a few years now since you posted this.
Tell me what you believe now? Are you an Atheist or Agnostic?
And did you ever study other doctrines looking for the truth?
Well, thanks for dropping in.

I call myself an atheist today, and have for quite a few years now. I'm convinced that God/Allah/Jehovah/Jesus/Holy Spirit, etc., etc.-- is all purely the result in human ingenuity. Folklore and superstition, and nothing but.

I have found life liberating this way, taking responsibility for my own actions and decisions and interacting only with people and no invisible friends.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#430826 Dec 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> It's not limited to Fox News.
Correct.
To be taught that there is no responsibility here on earth is to be taught that no matter what you do, you're forgiven. Therefore, there is no thought of ones actions against another human being..
Well stated.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#430827 Dec 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning, DoC. I think you can see by his posts who is biased, indoctrinated, and filled with hatred for other human beings. No questions need be asked.
Dunno, WN.

They seem like perfectly reasonable questions to me.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#430828 Dec 29, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno, WN.
They seem like perfectly reasonable questions to me.
They were reasonable questions. However, they were asked of someone who is as far from reason as cookies are from a dungheap.
Lost In Transition

Ashburn, VA

#430829 Dec 29, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for dropping in.
I have found life liberating this way, taking responsibility for my own actions and decisions and interacting only with people and no invisible friends.
Well....that's mighty uppity of you, DOC.
Invisible people have feelings too, ya know.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#430830 Dec 29, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree NS...all across America especially in small towns church buildings provide for the needs of their communities. My own son attended day care that was located in a church. They provide child care services...meeting rooms...etc etc for the entire area. I used a day care facility located within a church...I was never asked about religious affiliation. They saw a need and fulfilled it.
In ones haste to find criticism I think that we often overlook the value that churches have added to these small town areas.
My son attended many a sleep over sponsored by churches...they were always open to every child within the community. It was fun for parents too...gave us a night off!
Hello AnnieJ, I hope all is well in your slice of the world today. I somehow managed to miss this post yesterday.

I think that it can be difficult for some to understand that a Church can be a hub for the community. Like you said above, many rent out their space to other groups that are not Christian based. In Ann Arbor there is a Christian Church and a Jewish Synagogue in the same building, they have been there together as long as I remember. They often hold joint programs, such as blood drives (as one example), that are not religion based but community based. I do understand that some think that churches are simply a drain on the community. I can’t help but wonder if they have ever really looked into what their local churches do, other than hold their regular church services.

I found your post while looking for a link that Chess had posted…I am off to pop some popcorn, poor myself a Coke, and cozy on in to watch what I read is a good program. I hope that you have a wonderful and stress free day!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#430831 Dec 29, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Because the serial-killing, homosexual clown avatar was already taken.
lol
lol, lol
karl, you don't have to explain your attempt to have homosexual sex with me. I'll have to decline the invitation, I like women. Stick to your cousins or brother. Oh yeah, be sure to wear a condom when you find the man that you are longing for. ya hear me boy

Dr. Clownie
Jesus Freak

Bellmore, NY

#430832 Dec 29, 2012
God-Men Like Jesus

Mithra of Persia Zoroaster/Zarathustra
--Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana.

Dionysus/Bacchus
--Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger.

Horus/Osiris of Egypt
--Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Merion December 25 in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.

Krishna of India
--Krishna was born of the Virgin Devaki (“Divine One”) on December 25.

Mithra of Persia
--Mithra was born of a virgin on December 25 in a cave, and his birth was attended by shepherds bearing gifts.

Zoroaster/Zarathustra
--Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.”

credit
http://www.geocities.com/inquisitive79/godmen...
Though many of these statements can be found online elsewhere.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#430833 Dec 29, 2012
But the unbeliever does not welcome what comes from God's Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually...

1 cor 2-14

ther are alot of peeps on here like this

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#430834 Dec 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
NS, you have another recipe on t-mail. Your husband, children and anyone who eats this will beg for more.
My pea soup is in it's first stage. Takes 2 re-heats before anyone is allowed to taste.
I'm almost afraid to ask you for this recipe of your's...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#430835 Dec 29, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
we learned that talent when we were christians
were did you learn to lie Clown?
La-la-la-la-la-la", karl sings joyfully, as he skips merrily down the Yellow Brick road. Watch out for the wicked witch of the east,kaitlin, and those menacing flying monkeys, yall know who you are ...

Direct from the Emerald City...
Yours truly,
The Wonderful Clownie of Oz

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#430836 Dec 29, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
My pea soup is in it's first stage. Takes 2 re-heats before anyone is allowed to taste.
Happy New Years Wiggles!!! LETS GO RACING BOYS

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#430837 Dec 29, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll t-mail it to you.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#430838 Dec 29, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Unless he means gay as in happy - merry - cheerful - jolly - joyful...
are you gay? man or woman witch are you? you kinda post as a gay atheist...

just sayin

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#430839 Dec 29, 2012
Mr Wiggley, you have a recipe in your t-mail.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#430840 Dec 29, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a darn good reason I bought an irony meter with a reset button. I am however, worried about wearing out the reset button.
LOL.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#430841 Dec 29, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
If given enough time, yes. Once an atheist is fully indoctrinated, delusional, and evil like the ones you see on this forum, the hatred will eventually ooze out in the form of violence. Unfortunately the investigators and the media will never reveal this information of their dark findings about these villainous criminals.
They usually only let us in on the rare occasional Christian that makes a mistake in shooting someone. The media is GROSSLY biased to letting the public know only of Christian crimes. I guess it is just assumed the other numerous crimes are by atheists, but they don't mention it in their news releases.
The media is very unfair and biased against Christianity.
Whadda hoot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SAMSUNG Beyaz Esya Servis TARABYA O2I2 299 I5 ... 12 min sansungrete 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 14 min Johnny 4,866
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min guest 560,336
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 16 min pusherman_ 4
Samsung Yeniköy Samsung Servis O2I2 299 I5 34 ... 18 min sansungrete 1
istinye SAMSUNG Servisi O2I2 – 299 I5 34 SAMSUN... 22 min sansungrete 1
Methods To Massage Therapy for Auto Accident 37 min Massaga Therapy 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr truth 777,751
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr mike 605,303
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 265,403
More from around the web