Why I’m no longer a Christian

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#430078 Dec 27, 2012
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Egyptian sun god Horus, had pre-dated the christian Jesus character by thousands of years. The story of Jesus shares the following with the story of Horus:
• Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a manger.
• His birth was being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
• His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph").
• He was of royal descent.
• At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple.
• A age 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.
• Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.
• He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").
• He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.
• Horus walked on water.
• His personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father." He was thus called "Holy Child."
• He delivered a "Sermon on the Mount" and his followers recounted the "Sayings of Iusa."
• Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
• He was crucified between two thieves.
• He was buried for three days in a tomb, and then resurrected.
• He was also called the "Way, the Truth, the Light," "Messiah," "God's Anointed Son," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.
• Like Jesus, "Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years."
• Horus fed thousands (5000 to be exact) with just a few loaves of bread.
• Horus was called "the KRST," (pronounced Christ) or "Anointed One."
• He was "the Fisher" and was associated with the Fish ("Ichthys") and the Lamb.
Seems the christians copied a few things from the story of Horus.
Since we have Ehrman on the lips:

In his book Did Jesus Exist, he asks a very good question about the above information that no one seems able to answer. Maybe you can help.

He has asked mythicist scholars to provide him with a citation older than the 19th century where these claims are made of Horus. So far it seems, per Ehrman, to originate from one book written in the nineteenth century.(If I remember correctly)

I would certainly be interested to know the origin of all this information on Horus.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#430079 Dec 27, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehrman identifies himself as an agnostic with atheistic leanings.
I just don't think lightbeam knows what he's actually talking about.
Ehrman's argument is sound on the issue of Paul's meetings with the followers of Jesus.
Unfortunately, we have no corroborative testimony exept for one later Pauline Pagan Christian in Acts, who is trying to smooth out the competing views. Even those two accounts have important variants between them.
That's really interesting. I've been trying to work out what kind of Christian I am and I relate very well with the most of the descriptions of an Agnostic Christian, I believe in and have felt God and I believe in Jesus but I don't buy a lot of the contradicting teachings out there. I have the faith now I want the knowledge and I don't like church or the politics and rubbish of most religions. It's good to know there's a description out there for me, I drive myself mad sometimes. According to some refs I read being a Christian Agnostic (I like that better lol) is not a salvation issue. Any thoughts? Do you think I could talk to the Christians I know about this stuff??? No way. I'm in the right thread alright. "Fundies" as they say, won't discuss any of it, not online, not in different churches, not Pastors, not family. None of them, I guess it offended me when some people presumed I was like them, plus I've always thought (past 3 years) that I was a crap Christian.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#430080 Dec 27, 2012
P_I_G wrote:
<quoted text>
....Jesus was converted to Judaism, taught a message of religious reform, was executed by the Romans with the urging of the Judean politicians ...
You can't even prove he lived.

From a Playboy interview (Sept. 2012) with Richard Dawkins:

Playboy: What is your view of Jesus?

Dawkins: The evidence he existed is surprisingly shaky. The earliest books in the New Testament to be written were the Epistles, not the Gospels. It’s almost as though Saint Paul and others who wrote the Epistles weren’t that interested in whether Jesus was real...

Somehow, I think I'd rather take the word of Dawkins over some delusional, self-appointed internet deity.

I have far more reason not to believe in a "historical" jesus than to believe in one.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#430081 Dec 27, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
...You seem to be thinking that people are trying to argue that Jesus never existed......
A few here are arguing that Jesus never existed.
You and I are not among them.

He seems to be easily confused.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#430082 Dec 27, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, P_I_G.
What I pointed out was that your historicized jesus was based on older mythologies, including that of Hercules. Remember I pointed out his 12 labors as opposed to your jesus and his 12 apostles? And that had nothing to do with Archya S's book, either. It had more to do with Edith Hamilton.
So you told me I was wrong wrong wrong, and then you recently admitted that your jesus *is* loosely based on Hercules the Son of Zeus (among other myths)--yet you are still telling me that I'm wrong, and that you are right, even though we are saying the same thing.
Your bias is that you don't care what I say; your shitty little ego obligates you to disagree with me, no matter how correct I am--because a flatulent jesus lover like you will never admit that a Witch like me knows more about your subject than you do.
You now have my permission to shove your head back up your asshole, P_I_G.
G_O_D wrote:
STFU you lying POS.
<quoted text>
Read it again and choke, you worthless sack of pig shit. You fucking well KNOW I'm right. Shut The Fuck Up yourself, shitwad.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#430083 Dec 27, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I would certainly be interested to know the origin of all this information on Horus.
You can start here:

I'll make the popcorn.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#430085 Dec 27, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehrman identifies himself as an agnostic with atheistic leanings.
I just don't think lightbeam knows what he's actually talking about.
Ehrman's argument is sound on the issue of Paul's meetings with the followers of Jesus.
Unfortunately, we have no corroborative testimony exept for one later Pauline Pagan Christian in Acts, who is trying to smooth out the competing views. Even those two accounts have important variants between them.
Sorry, I didn;t realize that LBR was trying to convince me of what I already believed (historical Jesus).

I don't like Erhman's reliance on only Biblical texts to form his opinions. His opinion that Jesus was an apocalyptic is IMHO based more on his Evangelical upbringing than sound analysis. His undeserved claim to fame regarding the political motivations of the text authors was old news and his inability to recognoze that in Mark and Paul is simply evidence of his bias.

Just my perspective on the fellow. He can call himself anything he want's, I think he was just trying to start a new denomination of Evangelicals.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#430086 Dec 27, 2012
<quoted text>
... You've obviously never served in jury duty; I have....
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost anyone can serve on a jury.
I'll bet you haven't. What's that say about you?

So now I also know more about witness testimony than you do. Chalk up one more branch of knowledge for me.

Don't dat just piss ya off?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#430087 Dec 27, 2012
<quoted text>
And P_I_G likes to accuse *me* of copy and past....
Except you are a theif claiming other's words as your own. I cite them.

GFY

“"None shall pass"”

There

#430088 Dec 27, 2012
<quoted text>
It's kinda funny, though; most of those gods I've never even heard of.....
Then your claims to Stregharia were lies.

You sure are one F-ed up POS.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#430089 Dec 27, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
WN is not catholic which the killer and his mom were.
Actually they weren't Catholic. Just because they stepped into a Catholic church once or twice a year means they were fake Christians......kinda like you were before you fully professed to be a lousy loser. Now kiss your own ass since you are sniffing it.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#430090 Dec 27, 2012
Now this looks interesting. Haven't watched yet, but for what it's worth:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#430091 Dec 27, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...I figured.
You figured what?

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#430092 Dec 27, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you are a theif claiming other's words as your own. I cite them.
GFY
It's so wonderful to watch two God-haters slitting each other's throats.
If I have to choose, I hope you win. I despise Kaitlin.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#430093 Dec 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Would you care to show us all where I ever stated that, or are you prepared to admit you just lied about me again?
You were the one claiming to be a "witch" and belonging to the religion of Stregharia and how the Etruscan religion was handed down through your family for 3000 years.

You really should keep track of your lies.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#430095 Dec 27, 2012
<quoted text>
Follow your own advice, "P_I_G."
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
No, you don't.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>You are the hypocrite.
You're a liar.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#430096 Dec 27, 2012
<quoted text>
You can't even prove he lived.....
So X is a moron too ?

Why not tell him what a fuctard he is for not claiming that Jesus never lived.

You are coward as well as a liar.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#430097 Dec 27, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, seething ball of hate. The last piece of ass you got was when your finger went through the toilet paper. The Christians should market you as birth control.
It's all he's got. I keep shooting him down, and he gets more and more hateful and deceitful. He thinks he has to win because he's god. He really does believe that.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#430098 Dec 27, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, you admitted to not having actually read Ehrman's book, Did Jesus Exist. I have.
I have a copy right here.
What would you like to discuss?
You seem to be thinking that people are trying to argue that Jesus never existed. IOW, you're building a strawman.
I imagine that is because you don't actually understand what the hell you're even talking about.
I like reviewing the parts of the Bible that clearly explain why you are going to Hell. As if on cue, you illustrate reasons that are custom designed to explain why you are headed straight into the pits of Hell after your celebrated death.

Since it is obvious you are familiar with what I'm talking about, does it bother you if I pause and boisterously laugh about the fact you will be tortured for eternity? I like dwelling on knowing that evil twits get what they deserve.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#430099 Dec 27, 2012
You have never been right, Kate.

The only difference between your shit and manure is that manure has a useful purpose.
<quoted text>
Hi, P_I_G.
What I pointed out was that your historicized jesus was based on older mythologies, including that of Hercules. Remember I pointed out his 12 labors as opposed to your jesus and his 12 apostles? And that had nothing to do with Archya S's book, either. It had more to do with Edith Hamilton.
So you told me I was wrong wrong wrong, and then you recently admitted that your jesus *is* loosely based on Hercules the Son of Zeus (among other myths)--yet you are still telling me that I'm wrong, and that you are right, even though we are saying the same thing.
Your bias is that you don't care what I say; your shitty little ego obligates you to disagree with me, no matter how correct I am--because a flatulent jesus lover like you will never admit that a Witch like me knows more about your subject than you do.
You now have my permission to shove your head back up your asshole, P_I_G.
<quoted text>
Read it again and choke, you worthless sack of pig shit. You fucking well KNOW I'm right. Shut The Fuck Up yourself, shitwad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 665,471
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 8 min Peter Ross 625
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min Seentheotherside 45,847
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min Ricky F 184,769
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min onemale 284,623
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 45 min guest 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Clearwater 619,143
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 977,432
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr truth 88,379
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web