Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428961 Dec 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
"The popular image of shepherds and wise men side by side before the cradle? Matthew says wise men. Luke says shepherds. Neither says both. The star in the East? Only in Matthew. "Hark, the herald angels sing" ... but only in Luke. Matthew never heard of them.
But then, only Matthew heard of Herod's slaughter of the innocents ... That's right, the indiscriminate killing of every male baby in Judea -- with one significant exception -- did not merit Luke's attention. On the other hand, no Roman historian chronicles this atrocity either, not even Flavius Josephus. Josephus reviled Herod and took care to lay at his feet every crime for which even a shred of evidence existed. Had Herod really slaughtered those innocents, it is almost unimaginable that Josephus would have failed to chronicle it.
Matthew says Joseph and Mary lived in Bethlehem, moving to Nazareth after their flight into Egypt ... But Luke says Joseph and Mary lived in Nazareth all along; Jesus was born in Bethlehem only because Joseph and Mary had traveled there to enroll in the census... Roman records mention no such census; in fact, Roman history records no census in which each man was required to return to the city where his ancestral line originated. That's not how the Romans did things."
http://atheism.about.com/b/2012/12/16/matthew...
The Nativity scenes are erronneous. The "wisemen" didn't find Christ till He was about two years old and when they found Him He was in a house, not in a stable. He also was not born December 25th but rather He was C0NCEIVED on the 25th which that particular day was a HIGH SABBATH that year. When He was born on about September 29th that day was also a HIGH SABBATH for that year as well.

There is much that I wish you guys could hear my pastor teach about the birth and conception of Christ. I can teach it on a deeper level as well but I am not as anointed as my pastor is to teach the deeper truths and mysteries of the Bible. Those thing that confuase many people when my pastor finishes teaching it your eyes will open up tremendously.
berserker

Lodi, CA

#428962 Dec 23, 2012
Breaveheart wrote:
Because Jesus Christ cares....because He cared about me and I now know the life and hope he brought me I share my faith...
It is our first commision as christians to reconcile man to God...
We do this because we value love and being loved...
To love is noble and to touch lives is a quest to the end!!
I love you although you might not love me back!!
Jesus loved us first so that we can go and love others...
This has nothing to do with education, wealth, status, race what ever it has all to do with being loved...
The Father your Creator wants your heart through His Son Jesus Christ....
And whats wrong with that!! He loves you my brother of another mother!!
Very well stated, I think perhaps most except the totaly deluded feel much the same as you do but outward appearance is everything and they keep this a deep dark secret. I did a long term experiment myself about the (body of christ) and how we all are a church family. After two years of attending bibly study and volunteering and attanding regular services I found myself in desperate need of a job...any job for any lenghth of time. All grew very uncomfortable and had little to say. Finaly someone muttered in a low voice..well, this is NOT an emplyoyment agency. I was not shocked or surprised, i simply said..what about the (church family)?? and I didnt say another word nor did they. The root of the problem is two fold, maybe three..Number one is I look like a cross between a biker and a hit man. I do not look like a mature ken barbie doll they dont realy trust me near their properties. Actualy if I had asked for soemthing for nothing they would have gladly given to me so all could see their outward appearance of (giving) just like the pharisses! LOL.(he who profeseth to beleive and beleiveth not! LOL These guys are all phonys at their core except the most hard core and they are a true danger who think imagination is to be feared! I think some zealots get in touch with the universal mind and missinterpret it as their (christian) god. Can you imagine all the death and disease as these (missionaries) crossed oceands to third world countries and spread western diseases and caused a disaster of (pardon the pun) biblical preportions? No other religion tries to ram rod you with this thinking, they teach you if you show interest. The first and only true followers of Jesus were ruthlesly hunted down and killed by the new world order of (organized religion) There teachings did not include a power structure that said you needed presists to intervene on your behalf. Just think of all the stymied knowledge that was surpresssed bu the church with loathsome and horrible punishments like the pear of pain that was shoved in your mouth and ratcheded open until your jaw splintered in peices for any suspected (plashmy against the church along with other equaly gruesome tortures!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#428963 Dec 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
"The popular image of shepherds and wise men side by side before the cradle? Matthew says wise men. Luke says shepherds. Neither says both. The star in the East? Only in Matthew.
It wasn't a STAR that the Wise men followed as many have erroneously believed for so many years but rather it was a VISION that the wisemen had that told them the Christ Child had been born. They already knew "WHERE" the Christ child was to be born because of the prophecies that had been told for years of where the Christ Child was to be born so they already knew from the prophecies that He was to be born in Bethlehem. But it wasn't a STAR they followed but it was a vision they all had, a vision of the birth. Adn there were not three wise men for all we know because scripture does not say how many wise men there were.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#428964 Dec 23, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a STAR that the Wise men followed as many have erroneously believed for so many years but rather it was a VISION that the wisemen had that told them the Christ Child had been born. They already knew "WHERE" the Christ child was to be born because of the prophecies that had been told for years of where the Christ Child was to be born so they already knew from the prophecies that He was to be born in Bethlehem. But it wasn't a STAR they followed but it was a vision they all had, a vision of the birth. Adn there were not three wise men for all we know because scripture does not say how many wise men there were.
More of those interpretations of yours? If their interpretation is wrong, then what's to say your "interpretation" is not?
whyiwasneverchri stian

Howell, MI

#428965 Dec 23, 2012
THe bible keeps telling me I'm going to hell.. it doesn't matter if I'm christian or not i'd be screwed anyway..

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#428966 Dec 23, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You're going to agitate the natives with talks of a back door.
Hmm. I hadn't thpught of that.

Here I thought I was referring to the curvature of Space...

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428967 Dec 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm. I hadn't thpught of that.
Here I thought I was referring to the curvature of Space...
Curvature of space?

You're not going all Stephen Hawking on us are you?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#428968 Dec 23, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you expand on that ? Upon what do you base that statement ?
Legend has it that Lilith was Adam's first wife, created together with him on the Sixth Day and from the same materials. Some say Lilith was created a little later, after Adam complained to God that he alone of the creatures of the earth had no partner. Either way, Lilith was created independently from and equal to Adam, and this led to problems.

Not least of them arose because Adam always liked to be on top when making love. No doubt this was merely a symptom of deeper differences, but it was the issue that caused the rift in the end. After a particularly fierce argument which Adam attempted to win by force, Lilith in fury uttered the mystical, ineffable Name of the Almighty, clapped her hands and flew away.

Adam complained to Jehovah that he had been abandoned, so God sent three angels to persuade Lilith to return home. They found her on the shores of the Red sea in a place populated by a particularly lascivious breed of demon, from whose attentions she had been giving birth to a hundred more little demons every day. At least, that is how the angels reported it in Adam's version of events.

The three angels tried to coax Lilith to return to Adam but she only laughed:'How could I go back to Adam after the entertainment I have enjoyed here?' The angels threatened to kill her but she only dared them to try. Which they did, and failed because she had learned some magical tricks in her exile. But after a great battle they managed to bundle her into the Outer Darkness and slaughter her offspring.

Adam meanwhile had been provided with a new mate in the form of Eve, who was fashioned from his rib in the hope that this would bind her more dutifully to him. And the rest of their tale is famous enough.

In the Outer Darkness Lilith, whose most common form was of a woman from the waist up and a serpent below, became the consort of Samael and other fallen angels. Fury with Adam and grief for her slaughtered children led Lilith to plot revenge. By mating with the rebel angels she gave birth to many of the greatest demons to plague the world. Chief among them were the lilin or lamiae of the ancient world, vampires also known as succubi, who were fatal ravishers of men and devourers of newborn babes.

Lilith was banished from the world of Adam and Eve but she occasionally managed to sneak back. It's often said that the serpent that tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden was none other than Lilith and many Medieval scenes of the Temptation show the serpent as a woman from the waist up, handing over the fatal fruit to bring about the Fall.

Lilith's offspring also continued to plague Adam's descendants whenever possible as succubi or vampires. The screech owl is Lilith's totem bird and the form in which she often prowls the night. Some ancient statues show her as a voluptuous young woman with owl's wings and feet, but she can adopt any guise to human eyes.

The legend of Lilith is a dark and grim one, but it gives a glimpse into a long buried strata of the feminine in Jewish legend. This filtered into Christian mythology too in the form of Gnostic legends which tell of God Himself having a heavenly consort, and daughters such as Sophia, the Wisdom of God, to whom countless Eastern churches are dedicated.

Location hidden

#428969 Dec 23, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>For you, none at all. Your opinion of frozen yogurt would be immaterial.
LOL....Lady Plant? Quack, quack, quack ;p

Location hidden

#428970 Dec 23, 2012
berserker wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well stated, I think perhaps most except the totaly deluded feel much the same as you do but outward appearance is everything and they keep this a deep dark secret. I did a long term experiment myself about the (body of christ) and how we all are a church family. After two years of attending bibly study and volunteering and attanding regular services I found myself in desperate need of a job...any job for any lenghth of time. All grew very uncomfortable and had little to say. Finaly someone muttered in a low voice..well, this is NOT an emplyoyment agency. I was not shocked or surprised, i simply said..what about the (church family)?? and I didnt say another word nor did they. The root of the problem is two fold, maybe three..Number one is I look like a cross between a biker and a hit man. I do not look like a mature ken barbie doll they dont realy trust me near their properties. Actualy if I had asked for soemthing for nothing they would have gladly given to me so all could see their outward appearance of (giving) just like the pharisses! LOL.(he who profeseth to beleive and beleiveth not! LOL These guys are all phonys at their core except the most hard core and they are a true danger who think imagination is to be feared! I think some zealots get in touch with the universal mind and missinterpret it as their (christian) god. Can you imagine all the death and disease as these (missionaries) crossed oceands to third world countries and spread western diseases and caused a disaster of (pardon the pun) biblical preportions? No other religion tries to ram rod you with this thinking, they teach you if you show interest. The first and only true followers of Jesus were ruthlesly hunted down and killed by the new world order of (organized religion) There teachings did not include a power structure that said you needed presists to intervene on your behalf. Just think of all the stymied knowledge that was surpresssed bu the church with loathsome and horrible punishments like the pear of pain that was shoved in your mouth and ratcheded open until your jaw splintered in peices for any suspected (plashmy against the church along with other equaly gruesome tortures!
Talking to yourself again, huh? Ha haaa ho ho he hee ha haaa!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428971 Dec 23, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the point on commenting on your material?
You asking this question says more than you realize. Thanks for participating.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428972 Dec 23, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said in my opinion X. The last several days have been interesting in the NoStress household due to an unfounded early report. Well intending family members have called to ask if I was aware of a fox news broadcast (as I have a child with aspergers)…that has now been recanted. For those of you that do not know, aspergers is in the spectrum of autism. To simply highlight:
“A 2008 review found that 84% of violent offenders with autism also had co-existing psychiatric disorders at the time they committed the crime.”
http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/201212...
“In 2007, the Autism Society reported that 22 people in a 5-year period used Asperger syndrome as a defense in a violent crime case, or about 4.5 per year. For comparison, the FBI Uniform Crime Report statistics for 2006, shows 1,417,745 violent crimes committed. 4.5 of almost 1.5 million. Clearly, autism is not the prime suspect in violent crimes of any type.”
http://paulacdurbinwestbyautisticblog.blogspo...
The above link also gives a listing of 42 links in regards to Autism/Asperger and violence.(about ½ way through the page.)
Thank you X for pointing out that our own culture as a *whole*, is a Petri dish for such behavior. I for one wish that more folks would understand that even if they do not wish to hold themselves accountable, what we each as individuals personally choose to do in life, truly affects others. Especially when it comes to our children and young adults.
Thank you for the links, NS. And thanks for your reasonable assessment.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428973 Dec 23, 2012
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Cain was Lilith's son.
How does that change what was said?

The question was about sin and law. Not about whose son Cain was.

Maybe you could make your answer a little clearer.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428974 Dec 23, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Here ya go folks. Ya won't even have to but the book SARGON THE MAGNIFICENT because I found it downloaded on one of the sites where I sometimes study.
http://www.biblestudysite.com/sargon%20ebook....
God is good,all the time.
All the time, God is good.
If you don't take the time to read this book you will be cheating yourself of a clearer picture into the life of the Biblical Cain aka SARGON THE MAGNIFICENT. Cain/SARGON was also none other than the founder of the Sumerian empire. It's in the book. Read it.
Okay, skippy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428975 Dec 23, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>The Nativity scenes are erronneous. The "wisemen" didn't find Christ till He was about two years old and when they found Him He was in a house, not in a stable. He also was not born December 25th but rather He was C0NCEIVED on the 25th which that particular day was a HIGH SABBATH that year. When He was born on about September 29th that day was also a HIGH SABBATH for that year as well.
There is much that I wish you guys could hear my pastor teach about the birth and conception of Christ. I can teach it on a deeper level as well but I am not as anointed as my pastor is to teach the deeper truths and mysteries of the Bible. Those thing that confuase many people when my pastor finishes teaching it your eyes will open up tremendously.
Your preacher evidently does not believe in the Bible. Sargon the Magnificent? Nope, he doesn't believe in the Bible, but evidently does believe in the works of Mrs. Bristowe.

I am thinking there are many more than 38,000 sects of Christianity.

Of course, your preacher has evidently forgotten to read Genesis 4:1.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#428976 Dec 23, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
There's no such thing as ' used to be a Christian'. If you're not a Christian right now,you were NEVER a REAL Christian to begin with.
I agree.

They are actually Satanists.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#428977 Dec 23, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I am thinking there are many more than 38,000 sects of Christianity.
Most of what you think is wrong. This is another example.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#428978 Dec 23, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Annie.
Not long ago someone posted something on Twitter that I really enjoyed. 140 characters forces one to be brief, and sometimes people can say so much in just a few words. It went something like this:
My War on Christmas
I love the Christmas spirit
I love the Christmas carols
I really love Christmas
I just don't believe the story
He didn't have enough time to add his last comment?------> "I just really know I'm going to Hell."

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#428979 Dec 23, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ole' Jeremiah didn't know the difference between a heart and a brain either...not much difference with most cristers over 2000 years later..
The hatred of atheists hasn't changed much in 2000 years.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428980 Dec 23, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of what you think is wrong. This is another example.
Shouldn't you be getting dressed to go sit in Westboro Baptist Church and get some more tips on how not to follow Jesus' teachings from Fred?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Aura Mytha 119,267
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min kent 679,299
Any mature gay men wanting to Skype? (Jul '12) 2 hr Byscotty69 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Patriot 286,325
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr real 33,217
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr democrat punisher 2,784
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
More from around the web