Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#428425 Dec 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and hope you similarly address the 'non-fundies' here who do the same thing (and worse), too.
Ye old toothless smoking wanna be jew... put your teeth in boy when post on here

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#428426 Dec 20, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
An observation:
AnnieJ, a regular here, is clearly experiencing a crisis of faith.
Atheists understand; we have all been there and it isn't fun. It's a solitary path, following your individual conscience and sense of reason.
No Christians have stepped forward to offer her any reassurance, though.
Why not?
its a trick by the evil one

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428427 Dec 20, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>OMG what a whiner!!!!!!!!!!
Christian compassion.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#428429 Dec 20, 2012
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Back at you. Get what you give.........
please show where your jesus says to have a pissing match with a non believer.

we'll wait.

i have studied the bibull and i have never seen that in there. however YOU may have a different version. fundies often do.

i do remember reading the bibull and the part that says ...TURN THE OTHER CHEEK.

in fact had a minister that said god gave a human 4 cheeks to turn. but that doesn't mean you should show what an ass you are!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428430 Dec 20, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My beliefs on this...calling ones self a "wretch" is just a way of trying to make ones self seem humble in the eyes of others. There are other ways of being humble without degrading ones self.
I think back to that second greatest commandment...love your neighbor as yourself. If the love of yourself is that of a "wretch" the best that you can love your neighbor is as a "wretch".
I think that as long as people see themselves as a "wretch"...that is all they will be and all that your neighbor will be. Words such as unworthy, undeserving, helpless...etc etc thrown out constantly. I can't help but wonder...why would God create life just for it to think so little of it. I don't know...one of the problems that I see in Christianity...it teaches you to hate yourself. It is a hard thing to overcome...that self-hatred.
Oh well...When I think good things of myself...I am a better person to those neighbors that we are to love. When you elevate yourself...you have elevated those around you. Have you ever spent a lot of time with a self-loather...depressed person...they can bring you down to their level before you know it.
If I am to love my neighbor as myself...I owe it to my neighbor to love myself.
I am not talking about egotism...but self-respect.
As I said...oh well...
I nominate this as post of the week!!!!!!!!!!

excellent annie!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428431 Dec 20, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
waaaaasshole knows me from way back
has he asked you about your pubic hair, as well????

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#428432 Dec 20, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its a trick by the evil one
Paul or John ?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428433 Dec 20, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet another butt reference.
Anybody else seeing the pattern I'm seeing?
for over a year now!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#428434 Dec 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul or John ?
John is dead.

It's Ringo.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#428435 Dec 20, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
please show where your jesus says to have a pissing match with a non believer.
we'll wait.
i have studied the bibull and i have never seen that in there. however YOU may have a different version. fundies often do.
i do remember reading the bibull and the part that says ...TURN THE OTHER CHEEK.
in fact had a minister that said god gave a human 4 cheeks to turn. but that doesn't mean you should show what an ass you are!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Jesus said if someone doesn't want to hear what you are preaching that you should just walk away form them.

The only Christian denomination I have seen follow that consistently are JWs. Fundies and Evangelists do the exact opposite to what Jesus taught.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428436 Dec 20, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know whether you're so stupid you don't know he was poking fun at YOUR rituals or if you just pretend to be that stupid.
no one pretends that well!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428437 Dec 20, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, please don't go to a doctor when you get sick.'They say' things like you've got an infection that might kill you so take this medicine that will cure it completely, because the guys who made it are scientists.
'They say' that smallpox was completely wiped out because of medicine.'They say' that polio was almost completely wiped out (except for third world countries) because of a vaccine made by ...oooh, boogah-boogah....science.'They say' the electricity in running your computer, keeping your food from spoiling and keeping you warm on a winter's day is scientific in it's source.
You really should give up all things scientific, get you a nice comfy damp cave and a bow and arrows and live away from all these horrid things created by science.
^5

not to mention that his ability to be online spewing his hate, because of an atheist!

which is also helping eradicate polio in third world countries!!!!!!!!!!

not one of them has ever answered the question of why their god gave the information to an atheist, to bring the internet into their homes!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

“"None shall pass"”

There

#428438 Dec 20, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
John is dead.
It's Ringo.
I thought he was run over by Thomas the Tank Engine ?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428439 Dec 20, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why, thank you assssuuupp. Had I not gotten that demonic flu shot, I would have probably ended up in the hospital like so many who didn't get it. I should also be worrying about that demonic medicine that made me better in a few days instead of a few weeks, don't you think?
Don't for any reason do what I've done and get a flu shot or go to a doctor. You know what 'they say' about going to doctors! That evil science will get you fundies every time!
been getting it for 4 yrs now. only got the flu one of those 4 yrs.

funny how fundie christurds are the first to run to the doc and insist on a script when they get the sniffles.

mondays in the winter are the worst at a doctor's office. not only the actual sick people, but the one's who think they are dying and all they have is a simple cold!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428440 Dec 20, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah/Blessings on Kwanza to you too!
:)
merry hannkwanmas is alot easier!!!!! LoL

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428441 Dec 20, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
......Go crawl back under your rock and stop defending liars.
the ugliness of a christurd for all too see.

during their [fake] god's holy season too boot!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#428442 Dec 20, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You just projected anger, which means you're probably angry.
You also projected a fantasy of anal sex with a religious leader.
Oh my. Now we know what's on your mind.
Was that a little secret you didn't mean to share with others?
you just projected anger by trying to humiliate and insult me. really, what's wrong, friend:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#428443 Dec 20, 2012
"NatureLover" That was a very well thought out...It is good to be skeptical.. as God has said, "they draw near to me with their mouths, but their hearts ar from me"... being skeptical you have the intellect to question, instead of going thru life with a 'blind faith'. Who wants to be blind? I want to see what God has in mind. I want to see where I am going. If there is a God. Is He engergy?.. or a being?.. and if He is a being, He isn't human, for he does not live on this planet. Then how did He get here, and where did He come from? I was raised Mormon, and I have questioned the concepts of that religeon from the beginning. Am I still Mormon? Technically. On paper only. Do I believe in a God? Yes. Do I believe that He can be everywhere.. let alone in your heart? He himself no... if he has flesh and bone like the scriptures say. But aren't there humans that when you get in their presence you feel exhilerated? That is how I believe God is. You can feel His presence.. if you have the faith to open your heart, and give it to God. Is it then blind faith? In a sense yes, because you have not seen God. You have to trust, giving your griefs, pains, sorrows to Him. Nevermore to obsess over them, nor exerience them again. Don't forget, but give the pain to God, maybe that is why Jesus died on the cross. He took the pain, showing us that He can endure it. I hope I haven't offended you. I am a skeptic too, but I do believe in God and Jesus Christ. I myself fail at 'giving it to God'. Why do we as humans feel we need to hold on to our sorrows? Why do we need to own them? Sorry.. just food for thought....

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#428444 Dec 20, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I'll probably get another pneumonia shot in ten years, keep taking my heart and thyroid meds, and get some more honey, lemons and chamomile flowers for tea. Oh my, I am just so terribly done in by 'they'.
yeah, you seem brainwashed by the greedy addiction-brokers, the pharmaceutical companies and evil spirits behind them.

i'm trying to convince you that's there's a better way, but you just won't have it!

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#428445 Dec 20, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said if someone doesn't want to hear what you are preaching that you should just walk away form them.
The only Christian denomination I have seen follow that consistently are JWs. Fundies and Evangelists do the exact opposite to what Jesus taught.
^5

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 675,572
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Bongo 110,432
Ifitdress.com reviews (Oct '12) 2 hr krystaadams 15
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 2 hr Jacksonpotluck 473
___RUSSIA & USA ALL-OUT WAR?___ Bible ID's. 4 hr YTubeNews 1
Allergan Botulinums For Sale - Pharmoworld.com 5 hr botox4sale 1
My NEW SPECULATION about the mystery vehicle an... 5 hr andet1987 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr dufusGab 982,285
More from around the web