“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#427652 Dec 17, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it was, dimwit. Look at the location of the ISP. That was not me, Uberintelligista. That was Nitwitsan pretending again. Why are you so dense?
Actually, he credited that remark to me. He is no longer concerned with getting anything right; he has become consumed by his own hate, and his need to be right about everything.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#427653 Dec 17, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually...it doesn't explain it all...such as...how do you know he is a "reformed" junkie. Personally...I don't know and if he was and is now "reformed" I give him credit for the work that it took to be "reformed".
You are intelligent and know that there are more ways of contracting Hep C other than drug use. Such as...
a health care worker who has been exposed to infected blood
injection illicit drugs
HIV
piercing or tattoo in an unclean environment using unsterile equipment
blood transfusion or organ transplant before 1992
clotting factor concentrates before 1987
hemodialysis treatments for a long period of time
born to a woman with a hepatitis C infection
Unless you have inside information on "G" then you just threw out made up crap to discredit him. Even if you do it was below the belt to throw something out that according to your words he is "reformed" from.
I stand by my statement.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#427654 Dec 17, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure that it can be done.
But we can work towards a goal of better educating the next generation.
You mean indoctrinating them with atheism, right?

Oh, I love that one.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427655 Dec 17, 2012
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>you a liar
Okay Goober - let me have it. Where have I lied?

If true, I'll apologize accordingly to those who are affected.

If not, will you apologize to me for your conclusion?

Please post my post where I have lied. Please support your claim with justification of my lie.

Thanks!

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#427656 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the flaw was that you were comparing apples to oranges, a typical mistake made by those who play the blame game not by intelligent people. Taking in all the factors, such as geographical isolation, population density, and a slew of other such bits of information, the numbers become impossible to compare. What bothered me most was that you sounded like a USian.
Qualitative comparative analysis is hard.

I think I'll go get something to chew on.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#427657 Dec 17, 2012
Prince Helmut Pipke wrote:
<quoted text>
HIV AND AIDS are deadly infection from sticking male part in the a....full of s.....
that way deadly feces bacteria entered blood and cause worldwide american disease,called HIV and AIDS
This way also infected blood entered women wombs causing birthdays of children with Hiv or heapatitis C
you never saw swollen d....of gay who made sex inside seconf=d female a....get disease,and on sirens ambulance delivered him to hospital,
his part get swollen,full of s...pieces around his d.....
this filthy immoral disease is a death to Humankind-so called EARTHLY LOVE EACH OTHER-DEVIL LOVE
Pfuj? Abominable disquisting creature and pervert deserving only last life stage hospital and coffin made from plastic bag
Pay attention shrinky dink...it wasn't about someone's sexual preferences.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#427658 Dec 17, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Goober - let me have it. Where have I lied?
If true, I'll apologize accordingly to those who are affected.
If not, will you apologize to me for your conclusion?
Please post my post where I have lied. Please support your claim with justification of my lie.
Thanks!
ok have you ever told a lie in your life? if so that would make you a liar... if you answer no that makes you one now...

CHECKMATE

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#427659 Dec 17, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't date .... or pretty much any form of pairing up. lol
ok I tried.. you are missing a blessing baby you know what I mean?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#427660 Dec 17, 2012
The Last True Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sin" is a religious concept, not a secular one. Therefore, sin does not exist for the non-religious.
sorry, but there's no such thing as 'secular'

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#427661 Dec 17, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That will work. Sew some of it up in a little packet of cloth, like a sachet.
thanks!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427662 Dec 17, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
don't mistake merciful and longsuffering for "puny" or you'll be in for a BIG surprise!
I'll let you worry about your delusions.

I could beat your deity at any challenge, unless it's a silence contest.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#427663 Dec 17, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
County lock-up is EVOLVING!
That's good to hear.

Did they set you up with a high-speed internet connection?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#427665 Dec 17, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean indoctrinating them with atheism, right?
Oh, I love that one.
If you had trouble reading what I wrote, try reading it again.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#427667 Dec 17, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I told you I'm sick. I have the flu. I made a freaking mistake.
Go ahead and be a jackass all you like. You're not making me look bad by continuing this asinine behavior. You're making yourself look arrogant and paranoid by imagining veiled attacks.
I'm truly not in any mood to talk to you any more until I feel better.

sending you lots of positive healing energy! and keeping you in my thoughts.

have a virtual cup of tea [_]c

love ya lots!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#427668 Dec 17, 2012
SOME THOUGHTS ON HALLOWEEN AND CHRISTMAS

Halloween recently became an issue on this thread, and Christmas is soon upon us. With that in mind:

In the 7th century, All Saints' Day was originally established in May and then later moved to November, probably to supplant various fall festivals, whether pagan or secular. It seems, however, that it failed to do so, and both pagan and secular influences melded with Christian traditions to create a celebration other than All Saints Day called Halloween -- the night before All Saints' Day. Whether that evening celebration began before or after the movement of All Saints' Day to November, I am unsure. But it seems one of the greatest influences on Halloween as we now know it was Samhain, a Celtic pagan festival that began on the evening of October 31 and spilled over to November 1.

As now practiced, I think the only fair representation of Halloween is that of a secular festival. It has influences from many sources and influences that cross multiple cultures, religions, and traditions. Pumpkins, dried corn, and scarecrows evoke simple fall festival traditions. Ghosts and goblins intermingling with humans at this time suggest Samhain influence, but not exclusively. Trick or treating has many similar practices in history such as souling and mumming and suggests multiple influences. And obviously, if nothing else, the name is clearly Christian but can apply to any tradition that venerates its dead. And while witches and spirits roaming the Earth may seem very pagan, they are nothing new to Christianity either. In 1 Samuel 28:325 the Witch of Endor called up the spirit of Samuel from the afterlife at the request of King Saul. And since the Halloween witch in our culture traditionally is portrayed as a green, old, and haggard person, that image is hardly intended to cause reverence against Christian tradition.

But think about it: Fall festivals are a celebration of harvest after the death of crops that sustain us during difficult times. The Samhain also was a celebration of the dead. And of course All Saints' Day celebrates those whom Christians believe led exemplary lives before being harvested to return to their god and whose lives are held up to sustain Christians in tough times. These various festivals were made for one another. No wonder they melded into Halloween.

But ultimately, my unstudied belief is that most festivals with ancient histories do not originate in a particular religion but in celestial and seasonal events that often were celebrated in many forms in many cultures. Passover is tied to spring and the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Similarly, and not uncoincidentally, Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday after the same events.

Christmas ultimately usurped two Roman sun gods' celebrations, though it is sometimes debated which festivals came before the others. But before these gods and those religions was the date daylight stopped getting shorter and began getting longer -- an event that occurs between December 20th to December 23rd of any given year the winter solstice. Celestial events, seasonal events, and their importance to humans preceded any religions we know anything about today. Most widely celebrated winter, fall, and spring festivals ultimately can probably be traced to these things long before any gods or religions intervened; they simply are a consequence of people celebrating important milestones in a year milestones usurped from time to time by various religions and other causes.

Merry Christmas everyone.

-- Chess

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#427670 Dec 17, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had trouble reading what I wrote, try reading it again.
I love it when theists, people, people not me, say things that I think are funny.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#427671 Dec 17, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let you worry about your delusions.
I could beat your deity at any challenge, unless it's a silence contest.
you're decaying as we speak

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#427672 Dec 17, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
Merry Christmas everyone.
-- Chess
YES - JESUS IS LORD!!!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#427674 Dec 17, 2012
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>ok have you ever told a lie in your life? if so that would make you a liar... if you answer no that makes you one now...
CHECKMATE
Wait a minute.

You said I lied. With you making that statement, implies and dictates that you know I did.

Prove to me that I did. I stated to show me the post I did.

But oh no - since you can't prove anything, you have to do what the Fundamentalists do, twisting the words around to fit something you want it to me, disregarding your original post.

Why do you make up things about others? Do you find comfort in doing so?

BTW - my personal life is really none of your business, but you seem to think it is by making stereotypical all-encompassing statements.

By the way - that was a pretty good "spin", but I think you could've used more glitz and sparkly-things! It may have made it more believable.

Is this why you are no longer a "Christian"?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#427675 Dec 17, 2012
The Last True Liberal wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sin" is a religious concept, not a secular one. Therefore, sin does not exist for the non-religious.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, but there's no such thing as 'secular'
There is in the real world. You should look into it some time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min truth 586,333
Looking for a female partner who is Hiv+ 10 min Tony17 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Darwins Stepchild 831,291
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min Tony17 99,363
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 33 min mathew708 6,448
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 2,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 176,585
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr TIM958 611,961
More from around the web