|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that you have all the answers?
Could you show me where I ever claimed to have all the answers?

A quotation or a post number would be appreciated.

Or are you creating a moster to battle?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
I know they (gurus) are, but some humans make more mistakes than others. They tried their best to bring peace, but humans want to keep fighting.
Happy, healthy, prosperous humans generally do not want to keep fighting.

If we're ever going to to have peace, we will need to reduce those inequities that lead to conflict.
Clementia wrote:
Thank you!:-)
It's not much of a birthday coz I keep feeling guilty for being happy when people are dying everywhere.
Be happy! You feeling sad isn't going to stop people from dying, but you being a positive influence on other people makes their lives just a little bit better.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
They did, the guru's said, " I'm the one that is not good, no-one else is bad"..."i'm an ignorant fool..."a dog"... they never said they were perfect, but in MY eyes they were 'perfect' coz they tried there best.
People in this world think that emotional attachment is love, love is very rare, we think we love people but we actually don't.
The guru's wrote the GGS themselves.
That's your opinion and I respect that, but for me I love my guru's and whatever they said, I will try to listen to them.
You're again confusing your ideal with reality,

even when your own teaching just warned you against that very thing.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you paying attention, G?
Look at the initial statement regarding the guru's teaching always being right.
Look at my response to the initial statement.
Look at the new argument, anticipating a response to one individual teaching, rather than the initial claim
A new argument was created for me, just like you did the other day.
If you have further questions, let me know.
She asked what is either a rhetorical question (that would be have be a nice change) or a useless one. No matter the answer, she will only accept the one she believes to be true.

Did she misrepresent any position of yours ?
Nope.
That isn't a strawman argument.

"A strawman arguement is a fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position." -'How to Win Every Argument: The Use and Abuse of Logic', Madsen Pirie

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you show me where I ever claimed to have all the answers?
A quotation or a post number would be appreciated.
Or are you creating a moster to battle?
The way the other poster(water) said my belief was made up and you said "oh my, you're going to get a shock" or something like that, it made be feel like you think i'm ignorant and crazy, she even called me a "fundie". You guys started attacking me. And she said my histroy is made up.

What's a moster to battle?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy, healthy, prosperous humans generally do not want to keep fighting.
If we're ever going to to have peace, we will need to reduce those inequities that lead to conflict.
<quoted text>
Be happy! You feeling sad isn't going to stop people from dying, but you being a positive influence on other people makes their lives just a little bit better.
I agree!

thanks!:-)

I can't believe I never argued with atheists and now I have. You see, you are an atheist, I try to understand you and you try to understand me, but some atheists/religious people try to force their belief/non-belief on you and try to hurt you. This forcing thing has nothing to do with religion, some people just want to force their opinion on you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're again confusing your ideal with reality,
even when your own teaching just warned you against that very thing.
I'm not calling myself good, I'm calling other's good!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
She asked what is either a rhetorical question (that would be have be a nice change) or a useless one. No matter the answer, she will only accept the one she believes to be true.
Did she misrepresent any position of yours ?
Nope.
That isn't a strawman argument.
"A strawman arguement is a fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position." -'How to Win Every Argument: The Use and Abuse of Logic', Madsen Pirie
Thanks for sharing.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
The way the other poster(water) said my belief was made up and you said "oh my, you're going to get a shock" or something like that, it made be feel like you think i'm ignorant and crazy, she even called me a "fundie". You guys started attacking me. And she said my histroy is made up.
What's a moster to battle?
I don't represent anyone but myself.

Moster is a typo for monster.

I thought we were just having a conversation.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really care what type of religious fundie you are.
Your fables are no more credible than the Christian ones, and theirs is no more credible than yours.
If you can't 'break free' of Christianity, and are still addicted to another religion, you really do have a problem. Sikhism is no less addictive than Christianity.
Sikhism may not be any less addictive than christianity, but at least it isn't arrogant like christianity. That's my main problem with christianity--it has an arrogance and a claim to superiority that other religions--minus islam, of course--do not have.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think it might smooth the waters if you were to admit that your original sentence construction was somewhat jumbled, leading directly to the misunderstanding?
It appears you desire conflict for it's own sake. What's that all about?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which I clarified thrice.
Here is the fourth time:
Mao was an athiest, Pol Pot was a Buddhist
How difficult is that to understand ?
You really do enjoy being pissy toward anyone who dares to question you, don't you? What the fuck is your problem--too much horse semen in your diet?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I must have misread it. I guess that makes me dense and trying to piss you off.
I'm too sick to deal with your insecurities tonight.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sick of your inabilty to admit you made a mistake.
We're all sick of your refusal to admit that you are wrong. You are not god, you asshole; you are not perfect. Quit acting like you are.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my.
Are you gonna be surprised!
X, I think this is one of our older WINLAC posters playing games. I don't think it's worth the effort to even read any more of his posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikhism may not be any less addictive than christianity, but at least it isn't arrogant like christianity. That's my main problem with christianity--it has an arrogance and a claim to superiority that other religions--minus islam, of course--do not have.
Another understanding atheist, thanks, there should be more people like you!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>X, I think this is one of our older WINLAC posters playing games. I don't think it's worth the effort to even read any more of his posts.
I understand.

What if you're wrong?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't represent anyone but myself.
Moster is a typo for monster.
I thought we were just having a conversation.
I'm sorry!

I got too emotional, thinking about sikh children, and I didn't understand you, sorry!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the first two times where you made a snide comment about it that took it beyond your inabilty to figure it out after three attempts.
I would like you to admit you were in error over the candling. I want a Ferarri for Xmas, too. I think the Ferarri is more likely.
What snide remarks? In my first response I said I wasn't aware that Mao Tse Tung was a Buddhist and asked for a link. In the second one I misread it and said I still didn't see it.

What is 'snide' about that? I think you're looking for something about which to argue.

I still don't feel well enough to argue with you. So converse alone.

I was not in error over the candling, so I see no reason to say that I was. I candled eggs to see if they were fertilized or not for many years because I don't like cracking an egg and finding blood in it. Since I did not breed my own chickens but ordered fertilized eggs from the local feed store, I had no reason to candle them for breeding purposes.

You can believe I didn't raise chickens. You can believe I didn't candle eggs for a single purpose which is what I told you. It doesn't make it not true, and all your posturing can't make you right.

I told you, I'm not going to argue with you over it. You have no idea what all I have done in my life, but you are just so sure you know everything about my life and that of others because you have fabricated our lives out of imagination and arrogance. You know jack shit about my life or anyone else's.

Frankly, I have gotten sick of your ego-padding arrogance and obsession with being right about everything. So go suck an egg.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Another understanding atheist, thanks, there should be more people like you!
I don't really use the term "atheist" to describe myself; I'm more of an agnostic Pagan. On the one hand, it seems quite clear to me that gods are merely various aspects of Nature to which early mankind assigned different human personalities in order to seek aid and comfort from these natural forces (and this is what makes me lay claim to the title of Pagan); on the other hand, I also think that ultimately it is impossible to know for certain whether or not a god or gods truly exist--which is why I also latch on to the title of agnostic. I tend to vacillate between the two (depending on the day of the week, I guess).

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

the bugle wrote:
<quoted text>
Suck the moldy jam off my camel toe, dipshit.
Suck fudge from my ass, pole smoker. Shouldn't you be hanging out in the children's section at Melodyland?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Seraphima 536,991
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Huh 729,905
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 7 min Naveen kumar 970
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 259,144
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min New Age Spiritual... 599,522
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 19 min andet1987 4,135
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 22 min Ratloder 117,767
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••