Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427367 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Love is when you see the person you love in everyone. You don't harm anyone, you are not greedy, angry, impatient, no ego, no pride, you learn to control your emotions, love makes you perfect.
So Love as you define never existed and never will.

Might as well ride X's pony. LOL

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427368 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that you have all the answers?
Did I ever attack atheism? Did I ever say atheists are going to hell. I respected your belief, but you and the other poster attacked mine.
I never say anything to christians/muslims too but they keep telling me i'm going to hell for having a different belief, that's when I get pissed off and tell them to leave me alone, if they got nothing nice to say, I don't want to argue with them.
You don't understand that you did the exact same thing to me that christians/muslims do. You assume your belief/non-belief is correct and i'm ignorant and that i'm going to get a shock when I find out I'm wrong.
We live in a world where we all have our own brains, there will always be people who believe in something different to you, but we have to learn to live together, we should not be attacking each other.
My belief is my personal belief, it will never harm you or anyone else, so why do you fear it? I don't fear atheism! I don't say people who don't believe in God are going to kill me, because of their belief.
Well, that didn't take long to get that good old persecution complex out there, did it?

No one is required to respect your religion. NO ONE. No one has been ugly to you, they have only disagreed with you. If you don't want people to disagree with you, then find a topix forum for Sikhs. It's just that simple.

People disagree with me every day. I don't ask that everyone agree with me. I don't ask that anyone respect what I believe simply because I believe it. This is the failing of religion in general. It demands respect where it should only ask tolerance. Your religion is no more valid than anyone else's, including those who have no religion.

Stop whining and find a place where you won't feel so persecuted. Wait, that won't work. You appear to need persecution just like the Christians do.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427369 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry!
I got too emotional, thinking about sikh children, and I didn't understand you, sorry!
No harm done.

I understand the emotions involved in discussing important things.

I am also outraged at the suffering and deaths of innocent children, regardless of their background.

Your initial question was asking how a perfect God could allow this to happen. As I said, it is an honest and important question to ask.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427370 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
These people that Guru ji is talking about, bathed at holy shrines and meditated, but did not allow the 'untouchables' to enter the hindu temple, as they were too dirty for God.
Muslim fanatics go to mecca and medina but they blow up children.
These people see God in buildings and stones, but they see no God in human-beings! There rituals then become meaningless and evil.
Guru ji is saying what is the point of meditating and bathing at holy places, if your mind is still filthy??
Perhaps you can use a better (or more complete) example of his teachings next time.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427371 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that you have all the answers?
Did I ever attack atheism? Did I ever say atheists are going to hell. I respected your belief, but you and the other poster attacked mine......
Now you have created a strawman.

Go for it, X.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#427372 Dec 15, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't want me to analyse it any further... do you?
"Analyse" it? You?

You couldn't even find it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427373 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know they (gurus) are, but some humans make more mistakes than others. They tried their best to bring peace, but humans want to keep fighting.
Thank you!:-)
It's not much of a birthday coz I keep feeling guilty for being happy when people are dying everywhere.
You have major issues.

This world is filled with both joy and sorrow. Experience each and learn from them. You cannot be human without having experienced both joy and sadness.

If you are truly this naive (which I don't remember you being with your other religions), then you need to work on your worldview and self view.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427374 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
They did, the guru's said, " I'm the one that is not good, no-one else is bad"..."i'm an ignorant fool..."a dog"... they never said they were perfect, but in MY eyes they were 'perfect' coz they tried there best.
People in this world think that emotional attachment is love, love is very rare, we think we love people but we actually don't.
The guru's wrote the GGS themselves.
That's your opinion and I respect that, but for me I love my guru's and whatever they said, I will try to listen to them.
I'd like to tell you to depend on yourself and your own insights more, but that isn't going to work.

You'll get to a point, if you truly want to, where you will realize that everything you need to know you can find within.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427375 Dec 15, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikhism may not be any less addictive than christianity, but at least it isn't arrogant like christianity. That's my main problem with christianity--it has an arrogance and a claim to superiority that other religions--minus islam, of course--do not have.
<quoted text>
I don't really use the term "atheist" to describe myself; I'm more of an agnostic Pagan. On the one hand, it seems quite clear to me that gods are merely various aspects of Nature to which early mankind assigned different human personalities in order to seek aid and comfort from these natural forces (and this is what makes me lay claim to the title of Pagan); on the other hand, I also think that ultimately it is impossible to know for certain whether or not a god or gods truly exist--which is why I also latch on to the title of agnostic. I tend to vacillate between the two (depending on the day of the week, I guess).
sorry, I meant an understanding agnostic pagan!:-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427376 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you paying attention, G?
Look at the initial statement regarding the guru's teaching always being right.
Look at my response to the initial statement.
Look at the new argument, anticipating a response to one individual teaching, rather than the initial claim
A new argument was created for me, just like you did the other day.
If you have further questions, let me know.
That isn't a strawman arguement. What she did is what is commonly called "moving the goalpost".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427377 Dec 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think it might smooth the waters if you were to admit that your original sentence construction was somewhat jumbled, leading directly to the misunderstanding?
It appears you desire conflict for it's own sake. What's that all about?
<quoted text>
You really do enjoy being pissy toward anyone who dares to question you, don't you? What the fuck is your problem--too much horse semen in your diet?
Lying scumbags like you just annoy me. That's all there is to it.

Location hidden

#427378 Dec 15, 2012
Catcher, Tide, lesbo, River, Hiding, karl, boooots and all the other guys that know me....Help guys,'Water' thinks I'm someone else!!! HELP!

HELLLLPPPP!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427379 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I must have misread it. I guess that makes me dense and trying to piss you off.
I'm too sick to deal with your insecurities tonight.
<quoted text>
We're all sick of your refusal to admit that you are wrong. You are not god, you asshole; you are not perfect. Quit acting like you are.
That is a great example of a strawman. The addition of the lies was a nice touch, too.

Thanks for providing it.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427380 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Another understanding atheist, thanks, there should be more people like you!
She isn't an atheist.

Didn;t your guru teach the difference between reality and imagination ?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427381 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't represent anyone but myself.
Moster is a typo for monster.
I thought we were just having a conversation.
If you haven't already realized it, he is playing a game. Nothing more.

I think I'm just not going to play any more. But not to worry, he'll be back under yet another name soon.

Coming to a theater near you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427382 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> ....I was not in error over the candling,....
Yes you were, and very.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427383 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Sikhism may not be any less addictive than christianity, but at least it isn't arrogant like christianity. That's my main problem with christianity--it has an arrogance and a claim to superiority that other religions--minus islam, of course--do not have.
From what you've already written, I would disagree with your first sentence.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427384 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
What if you're wrong?

I'll just wait and see.

It wouldn't be the first time.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#427385 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> What snide remarks? In my first response I said I wasn't aware that Mao Tse Tung was a Buddhist and asked for a link. In the second one I misread it and said I still didn't see it.....
I responde nicely to the first. The second time I got snippy. I mean you who are so perfect had to be told thrice to understand the phrase "Mao was an atheist" ?

Hard to believe WN.

Location hidden

#427386 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I'd like to tell you to depend on yourself and your own insights more, but that isn't going to work.
You'll get to a point, if you truly want to, where you will realize that everything you need to know you can find within.
You are right, that's what my Guru says;

Tilang, The Word Of Devotee Kabeer Jee:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
The Vedas and the Koran/bible are only make-believe, O Siblings of Destiny; they do not relieve the anxiety of the heart.
If you will only center yourself on the Lord, even for just a breath, then you shall see the Lord face-to-face, present before you.||1||

O human being, search your own heart every day, and do not wander around in confusion.

This world is just a magic-show; no one will be holding your hand.||1||Pause||
Reading and studying falsehood, people are happy; in their ignorance, they speak nonsense.
The True Creator Lord is diffused into His creation; He is not just the dark-skinned Krishna of legends.||2||
Through the Tenth Gate, the stream of nectar flows; take your bath in this.
Serve the Lord forever; use your eyes, and see Him ever-present everywhere.||3||
The Lord is the purest of the pure; only through doubt could there be another.
O Kabeer, mercy flows from the Merciful Lord; He alone knows who acts.||4||1||

In my religion God is not a magical being that you think God is, it's a very complex philosophy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies, do u wear minis to get touched up or pu... (Nov '12) 3 min Lollypop8928 92
Looking for a naughty girl. 7 min Gurly4054 9
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 11 min Tramp353 83
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 14 min Glitter7145 63
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min karl44 87,900
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 18 min It aint necessari... 18
China Portable LED Sign, Truck LED Display, Bus... 18 min Crush7537 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Rosesz 665,126
The Future of Politics in America 1 hr Insults Are Easier 177
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 hr Dolly6807 447
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Spank9090 977,198
More from around the web