Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

TheKavi wrote:
Helloo? Can we stop all the anger for a minute and help a fellow human being regardless of beliefs?:D And answer my question?
What kind of person do you think of when you hear the name Kavi? Ethnicity, gender, age? Thanks.
Nothing whatsoever.

Doesn't even sound like a person to me.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm calling Poe on that one.
Think so?

Sounds genuine to me.

I hope you're right, though.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Think so?
Sounds genuine to me.
I hope you're right, though.
Actually, he's been posting the same crap elsewhere. You may well be right.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame 100% on what happened today in Connecticut on ATHEISM. Atheism is why this horrific crime happened. You and your cult can be fully blamed as to why this lunatic went on a shooting rampage to cowardly kill 20 innocent children and 6 adults. YOU are the sick type of person that would have done this , you mentally diseased sack of shit.
Remember Timothy McVeigh? The Okie City bomber?

Killed 168 people and injured over 800 more.

You guessed it. A Christian.

Raised as a Roman Catholic, took the sacrament before his execution.

Presumably, then, he's at peace in the arms of Jesus for all eternity.

We can keep this up....

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Timothy McVeigh? The Okie City bomber?
Killed 168 people and injured over 800 more.
You guessed it. A Christian.
Raised as a Roman Catholic, took the sacrament before his execution.
Presumably, then, he's at peace in the arms of Jesus for all eternity.
We can keep this up....
I was going to mention him also...along with Jim Jones.
Ya beat me to it...

But but but...they weren't his brand of the 38,000+ cults of christianity so it doesn't count.

By the way, don't know if you've noticed but there has been no mention of this kid's religious background. The only thing I've seen is that he was Autistic.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, he's been posting the same crap elsewhere. You may well be right.
All I've ever seen him post is crap...What's new??
How are ya Mac?

I'm gonna be busy soon. Got 6 Benjamins lined up for restoration.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>...By the way, don't know if you've noticed but there has been no mention of this kid's religious background. The only thing I've seen is that he was Autistic.
Same here. Been wondering about it too.

Personally, I doubt that religious instruction or background has any bearing on this kind of behavior, one way or another. Someone like this is clearly not wired like the rest of us.

It's too bad the dude is dead; we might have learned something from him.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
All I've ever seen him post is crap...What's new??
How are ya Mac?
I'm gonna be busy soon. Got 6 Benjamins lined up for restoration.
Pret' good, thanks. How's by you?

And six of 'em should keep ya busy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, NO, I was saying i'm not perfect and loving, compared to what God is meant to be like, so how is he allowing this?
Okay, let me try again.

Here's what I said in my post:

'Let me get this straight.
You are imperfect but you could not allow this to happen to these children if you had the power.
But your God who is perfect and loving can.
What a screwed up belief.'

Read that again.

You asked how your God could allow this to happen after saying he was 'perfect and loving'. You say you couldn't let this happen to children even though you are imperfect. Do you not see the disconnect in those two ideas?

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, let me try again.
Here's what I said in my post:
'Let me get this straight.
You are imperfect but you could not allow this to happen to these children if you had the power.
But your God who is perfect and loving can.
What a screwed up belief.'
Read that again.
You asked how your God could allow this to happen after saying he was 'perfect and loving'. You say you couldn't let this happen to children even though you are imperfect. Do you not see the disconnect in those two ideas?
Waiting for a Christian to see the disconnects?

You might be waiting for years. You and I are both examples.

Hiya, WN!

“GO CARDS!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Russell Springs

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't wanna be the devil's daughter nor go where he's going then don't act like him or agree with him.
Dam an here I thought I only had brothers... You must be a sister the parents forgot to tell me about !.. LOL

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But I want there to be! That sick evil monster can't get away with it, by killing himself, he just can't, it aint happening, God is fair!!! I want justice!!!!
So you want him punished eternally. Got that.

This is the evil of religion. Death of a person is not enough for you. You want more revenge than that.

It's understandable in a way. All those children were doing was going to school..a place where they felt safe and cared for. They were innocent. The adults were doing a job many of us couldn't even think of doing.

Wanting more evil to come of this will not bring those sweet, dear children back. What happened to pray for those who have hurt you? That totally goes by the wayside. To say you are a Christian and then to not obey ANYTHING Jesus taught you is the biggest problem here.

We have no idea what happens when we die. We have no idea what 'justice' is in an afterlife. It could be that the person has to live the same life over and over until he learns that the answer he used this time is not the right answer. It could be that he is just dead forever. It could be that he will not be allowed to have another life until he has become more aware. It could be that he was mentally unstable and heard voices telling him to do this. In that case, would he deserve eternal punishment?

Christians jump to the extreme of wanting people to be tortured forever without knowing all the facts. In cases like this, we will never know all the facts.

I have no need to want someone tortured forever for any reason whatsoever. I would like to think that all things receive real justice at some time in eternity. But that does not include torture. How can you teach people not to be cruel if you are cruel? What pleasure would a God get out of being that cruel to one of his own imperfect creations when he knows they are imperfect?

I believe in punishment in the here and now up to but not including a death penalty. What does it say about a society that kills people to teach other people not to kill people? What does it say about a society who wants someone to be tortured forever as a means to teach people that torture is wrong?

This is one of the reasons I will NEVER go back to mainstream religion. Christianity teaches people they are forgiven for anything they do if they 'repent' and ask God to forgive them. The problem with that is that they are not taught what the word 'repent' should mean to them. It should mean that they cannot continue with the same actions and expect forgiveness, for repentance is being truly sorry for your actions and not repeating them. The second problem is that they are taught that someone else died to relieve them of any guilt over anything and everything they've done in this life that is counter-productive to following Jesus' teachings. Jesus would roll over in his ossuary over that kind of teaching, for he certainly never taught anything like that.Christianity is the 'feel good' religion. You can feel good about going to heaven no matter what you do because you've said the magic words. To hell with actually obeying Jesus' teachings. Throw him in the trash and go with Paul.

A God who would allow children to die in this manner, or by starvation, or by abuse is not a loving God. You are moral enough that you would have stopped it if you had the power to do so. Therefore, you are more moral than the God you worship but you can't allow yourself to see that.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
But those M80s could sure light up a mail box, I'll tell you that.
Well, that's what I heard anyway.
Yep. I had one put in my mailbox in the 1970's. Blew a hole right through the bottom of it. Halloween night in the country. Gotta love it.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Yep. I had one put in my mailbox in the 1970's. Blew a hole right through the bottom of it. Halloween night in the country. Gotta love it.
LOL.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
But if that is reality, how will the families of those children that dead get justice? So there's no justice in the world? I don't want to believe that, life seems more shit then.
What do you think 'justice' is when your child is dead?

These parents, spouses, mothers/fathers, etc who were killed probably aren't the ones asking for justice. They probably aren't the ones wanting someone tortured forever. Hopefully, if there is a life of any sort after this one, they will have a better understanding of the event than do we.

Seeking justice legally in the here and now is all you need. But you seek a forever justice. That isn't justice, it's overkill.

What I hope is for the healing of these families, to the extent that it's possible. What I hope for is for people to stop teaching their children that no matter what they do they are 'forgiven'. They are not forgiven in the manner Christians teach.

What I hope for is mental health care for all human beings on earth that need it. I hope that parents will learn to educate their children to know that life is hard, that nobody is obligated to treat you nicely, that no deity died (and then got better) so you could do whatever you like. That is immoral and irresponsible for parents to do. I hope for education that includes how to deal with stress and how to handle the problems in life. I hope that parents teach their children that when they pray to pray with their feet moving. In other words, don't wait on a deity to solve the problems they have the ability to solve with perseverance and hard work. I hope that our children are taught to be self-sufficient and not need a crutch of believing that if they just pray hard enough all their problems will be solved. It's a proven fact that that approach does not work, but working on your problems yourself and getting mental health care when necessary usually does.

There will always be evil people in the world. You don't have to join them by wishing something on them such as eternal torture. That makes you worse than the person who committed the crime because you actually believe that it's necessary in order to sate YOUR need for justice.

Nothing will bring these precious lives back. Your form of justice will not bring them back any more than my hoping for people to stop being cruel enough to want that won't bring them back.

But this country can move forward and stop being such a fanatic bunch of haters. Your hate doesn't do anything but add to the problem. On one hand you indicate that you, as an imperfect being, have compassion for the families of those who were killed. No such indication for the mother and family of the shooter. Do you think your type of justice will help them heal?

Get off your knees and stop wishing hateful things for others when they are dead. Death is enough.

I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child or loved one in such a horrible way. I can only hope that they find a type of peace at some point with their loss. They will never be the same. Their lives changed with the deaths of their loved ones.

I also cannot imagine what it's like to have my child commit such a deed and then die from gunfire himself. I hope this mother and family can also find peace of a sort. It will be even harder for her (them) to do so because they have to live with the fact that so many other people died as a result of his actions.

When we can hope for peace and work for a way to keep this from happening again. The banning of guns won't keep people who want to commit a crime from obtaining guns because criminals don't care what the laws are and will get them anyway.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that sociopath that killed all those people today thinks just like you do? Do you realize that he is in Hell burning alive right now? You are the problem When are you going to realize that?
Do you realize how crazy it is to say that you knew how this person thought when no one else does? Do you realize how crazy you sound every time you post here?

Your hate-filled posts here show us that you know nothing of Jesus' teachings, much less what other people are thinking.

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat today?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're OKay with that because you embrace wickedness. You think killing innocent children is good.
You should be hanged by morning, you arrogant irresponsible a88 wippe.
did you get my personal message where I told you to go F8ck yourself......I meant it.
Well Viking, you haven't changed a bit.

Still fantasizing about X. Still hoping people will die. Still being the nasty little POS that you've always been.

Consistency is a good thing. We wouldn't know what to do if you actually started following the teachings of the Jesus in which you claim to believe.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very hateful person.
From the person who just said:

'You should be hanged by morning, you arrogant irresponsible a88 wippe.'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

455 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min shyam 4,748
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 720,532
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min MUQ1 256,499
dogs 14 min mrsmitchell 1
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 24 min Homostats 27
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Aura Mytha 224,180
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 40 min MUQ1 36,515
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min The Awakener 172,400
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Uzi 115,086