Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427308 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not fables, our religion is only 500 years old, that's historical fact!! You should not have said that if you've never read sikh history. It's not make believe like christian stories, it's true that alot of sikhs died trying to save other people. That's like saying the holocaust is a lie, it's not, because it's history!!
ALL religions are make believe.

You're just playing the audience here. It won't work.

Your religion has a history, yes. It has a history of being invented approximately 500 years ago. Period.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427312 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I'm not the first, my guru asked that question to God, 500 years ago.
You should try reading sikh Histroy and then you will see that love exists!
Do you assume that because I have not read your particular religious writings then I am ignorant of the existence of love.

You're not paying attention.

That's never a good sign.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427313 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have complete faith in my Guru, I can doubt if there is a God or not, but I can never doubt my Guru! God can be wrong, this world can be wrong, but my Guru's teachings will always be true!
Oh my.

Are you gonna be surprised!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427316 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>ALL religions are make believe.
You're just playing the audience here. It won't work.
Your religion has a history, yes. It has a history of being invented approximately 500 years ago. Period.
That is history, it doesn't say that in my religious book!!!!

The muslim rulers, hindus, french, british etc.. wrote about sikhs!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#427317 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which I clarified thrice.
Here is the fourth time:
Mao was an athiest, Pol Pot was a Buddhist
How difficult is that to understand ?
You either are unaware of what you wrote, or are being purposely obtuse rather than admit some self-imagined chink in your self-imagined armor.

G_O_D wrote:
"Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung, Castro, Sadam Hussein.
An atheist, a Buddhist, A Christian and a Muslim."

A common literary device is for the labels following a list to describe each item respectively. Thus it is here that it be a fair assumption that you were assigning Pol Pot to be atheist, and Mao to be Buddhist.

Rather than be dismissively and arrogantly condescending, a simple clarification on your part might have laid the item to rest pages ago.

Perfection is a heavy mantle to bear, I'm sure.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427318 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you assume that because I have not read your particular religious writings then I am ignorant of the existence of love.
You're not paying attention.
That's never a good sign.
You said that love is not perfect, it is, what more do you want from it?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427319 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I said I misread it. That's a mistake on my part.
What would you like to do because I made a mistake? Beat me? Send me to Guantanamo? Have me tortured for eternity?
It was the first two times where you made a snide comment about it that took it beyond your inabilty to figure it out after three attempts.

I would like you to admit you were in error over the candling. I want a Ferarri for Xmas, too. I think the Ferarri is more likely.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#427320 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for doing our dirty work for us.
Hey, no problem. Laying back the layers enveloping the hoax that is the archaic Christ legend is dirty work indeed, with small recompense. But, I aim only to help, for mine is a servant ministry.

;)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427321 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
That is history, it doesn't say that in my religious book!!!!
The muslim rulers, hindus, french, british etc.. wrote about sikhs!
Yup. None of them mention it prior to the 15th century (about the same time as Protestanism). Although it is 400 years older than Christian Literalism, "Born Again Movement", Millenialism and Stregeria, Druidism and Wicca.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427322 Dec 15, 2012
beijair wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, at least 495 years older than yours: Topix.
Sorry I left out Mormanism and Jehovah Witnesses. You are correct.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427323 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my.
Are you gonna be surprised!
"Of what use is it if one sits and meditates like a crane with his eyes closed.

If he takes baths at holy places upto the seventh sea, he loses this world and also the next world.

He spends his life in such, performing evil actions and wastes his life in such pursuits.

I speak the truth, listen everyone, those who have fallen in love, only they have obtained God" -Dasam granth

Do you think my Guru's philosophy is wrong?

We have a 'God', not God!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427324 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that love is not perfect, it is, what more do you want from it?
You may imagine love to be perfect.

Love is not perfect.

That is the difference between your imagined ideal and reality.

I'm simply trying to help you see the difference between the two.

One exists. One you imagine.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427325 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that love is not perfect, it is, what more do you want from it?
What do yo mean by "perfect" ?

By your opinion of Love it stands to reason that its opposite, Hate, is perfect as well.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427327 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of what use is it if one sits and meditates like a crane with his eyes closed.
If he takes baths at holy places upto the seventh sea, he loses this world and also the next world.
He spends his life in such, performing evil actions and wastes his life in such pursuits.
I speak the truth, listen everyone, those who have fallen in love, only they have obtained God" -Dasam granth
Do you think my Guru's philosophy is wrong?
We have a 'God', not God!
How is meditating and bathing "evil actions and wastes his life" ?

Yes. I think your fakir is a faker.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427328 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of what use is it if one sits and meditates like a crane with his eyes closed.
If he takes baths at holy places upto the seventh sea, he loses this world and also the next world.
He spends his life in such, performing evil actions and wastes his life in such pursuits.
I speak the truth, listen everyone, those who have fallen in love, only they have obtained God" -Dasam granth
Do you think my Guru's philosophy is wrong?
We have a 'God', not God!
I'm sorry, Clementia

I don't respond to strawmen arguments.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427329 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You may imagine love to be perfect.
Love is not perfect.
That is the difference between your imagined ideal and reality.
I'm simply trying to help you see the difference between the two.
One exists. One you imagine.
Ok, explain to me.

The love I've read about and seen has been perfect to me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427330 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, Clementia
I don't respond to strawmen arguments.
How did she misrepresent your position ?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427331 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What do yo mean by "perfect" ?
By your opinion of Love it stands to reason that its opposite, Hate, is perfect as well.
Love is when you see the person you love in everyone. You don't harm anyone, you are not greedy, angry, impatient, no ego, no pride, you learn to control your emotions, love makes you perfect.

Since: Jan 11

Waco, KY

#427332 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have complete faith in my Guru, I can doubt if there is a God or not, but I can never doubt my Guru! God can be wrong, this world can be wrong, but my Guru's teachings will always be true!
Gurus are human, and humans are fallible.

Don't let the atheists get you down. We're a tough crowd, but a fair one.

(Actually I can't speak for atheists anymore than I can speak for all of mankind.)

Happy birthday!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427333 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
How is meditating and bathing "evil actions and wastes his life" ?
Yes. I think your fakir is a faker.
These people that Guru ji is talking about, bathed at holy shrines and meditated, but did not allow the 'untouchables' to enter the hindu temple, as they were too dirty for God.

Muslim fanatics go to mecca and medina but they blow up children.

These people see God in buildings and stones, but they see no God in human-beings! There rituals then become meaningless and evil.

Guru ji is saying what is the point of meditating and bathing at holy places, if your mind is still filthy??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min truth 29,407
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 280,518
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Buck Crick 968,847
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 40 min Joe Fortuna 4,765
hi i am top from jubail 51 min top jubail 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 56 min truth 44,238
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 637,824
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 6 hr Johnny 3,700
More from around the web