Why I’m no longer a Christian
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#427264 Dec 15, 2012
TheKavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it change your opinion now that you know it is for a blog title?
The word "Kavi" seems to imply East Indian undertones. I unconsciouslly thought of the cereal brand "Kashi" when I originally read it. My honest opinion is lose that name and start over.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427265 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. But I still haven't found any site that says Tse Tung was a Buddhist. In fact, all I have found say he practiced no religion. Thought you might have a site for that info.
For the last time, please pay attention:

Pol Pot was a Buddhist.

Mao Tse Tung was an ATHEIST, NOT A BUDDHIST.

Are you seriously dense or still trying to piss me off ?
NorCal88

United States

#427267 Dec 15, 2012
How goes it everyone? Can't remember py password for this site so i might just have to make up a new one and get back on for a minute. For now just know that i'm thinking of you!

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#427268 Dec 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional.
You're the one who believes in satan, not me. Therefore, it lives inside of you and your fellow christians--not me.

Thank you, however, for showing us all your hatred and your evil and your sickness that comprise the foundation of your christianity; you serve it well. I'm tempted to tell you that I think you've drilled one too many holes in your head, but in restrospect I don't think I will. As a matter of fact, I hope you *continue* to drill until you strike oil. To quote Sarah Palin, "Drill, baby, drill!"

Mangia merda e morire, figlio di puttana. Capisce?

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#427269 Dec 15, 2012
TheKavi wrote:
Helloo? Can we stop all the anger for a minute and help a fellow human being regardless of beliefs?:D And answer my question?
What kind of person do you think of when you hear the name Kavi? Ethnicity, gender, age? Thanks.
I would guess east Indian. Gender and age? I wouldn't know.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#427271 Dec 15, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
With regard to the tragic shootings yesterday...
After reading as many articles as I could find, I've not found one that gives any indication of the shooter's religion or lack thereof.
I have found however, he was Autistic which may be part of the cause of this tragic incident.
Therefore religion or lack of religion has no place in determining his supposed cause or purpose.
This was a senseless violent act that possibly could have been prevented. I wonder how he was brought up as an Autistic child. What was he allowed to do regarding weapons and such. Was he acting out one of his childhood fantisies? We have an Autistic child in our neighborhood and I've watched him lately acting out with play swords and such and it worries me.
You need to reconsider your position and try to look at this without your religion controlling your mindset.
From what I've heard, his mother was the teacher of the class he shot; he killed her first, then her class. The weapons were not his, they were his mother's. Maybe he thought she was giving them something she never gave him, and it drove him into a blind rage he felt he needed to act on. He was just one crazy sick dude.

I can see "viking" aka "just results" doing the same thing.*That* dude needs to be watched.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#427272 Dec 15, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Anders Behring Breivik? He killed 77 people in Norway in July of 2011. Used a variety of weapons including a car bomb.
Anders Behring Breivik is a Christian.
And he lived in a gun-free nation.

Since: Dec 12

Elizabeth, NJ

#427273 Dec 15, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds dishonest
lol what does

Since: Dec 12

Elizabeth, NJ

#427275 Dec 15, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I think mongoose. Male. Uh, about 3-ish.
Hope this helps...
Haha thanks!

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#427276 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> From the person who just said:
'You should be hanged by morning, you arrogant irresponsible a88 wippe.'
He tells himself that his hatred is okay, and is even forgiven and encouraged by his jesus. He'll probably wind up being the next mass shooter.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#427277 Dec 15, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Based on what has been shown here, you should know:
Nymph does not lie.
You do.
(I only lie a little, to improve a tale. For entertainment purpouses only.)
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You still suck at playing hero. Your lies don't change that.
WN never candled a single egg and knew nothing about the practice.
That you continue your tirade against me proves that you are not all that honest either.
You are just another fraud.
You still suck at playing human. You still suck at playing "god." You still suck at playing intellectual. You still suck at being honest.

Talk about a fraud.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427279 Dec 15, 2012
Huh wrote:
I think A
bout Christ MAS
this time OF
the year (FAIL)
Should I go on?
Gad. You're really wrapped around the axle over this, aren't you?

OK. First Google on "anapaest" and you will see this:

"An anapaest (also spelled anapæst or anapest, also called antidactylus) is a metrical foot used in formal poetry."

And the listing for "anapaestic tetrameter" includes the following: "the initial unstressed beat of a line may often be omitted."

So that first line you're worrying about -- the initial unstressed beat has been omitted. It's called a "clipped foot" -- scans this way:

i THINK about CHRISTmas this TIME of the YEAR.

Four anapaests. Anapaestic tetrameter. Is that clearer now?

(Criminy. All you had to say was, you didn't like the couplets.)

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#427280 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They don't.
You are taking the Christians' interpretation as fact.
In none of the Canonical Gospel does Jesus or the authors claim Jesus to be a deity at all. Three claim he is a zombie, but none claim Jesus is a god.
Please post any versus where a claim to be a deity exists in them.
As for Alexander, He was deified, so was Caesar.
Your arguement falls flat.
Matthew 9:2 "And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
9:3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth."

Why do the scribes claim Jesus to blaspheme? Because only God could forgive sins.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".....John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us."

Not much interpretation necessary - the author asserts Jesus as God.

John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

When the phrase "I Am" is spoken to a Jew, what is the obvious reference? Exodus 3:14 "God said to Moses,“I Am who I Am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I Am has sent me to you.’”

John 14:9 "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father."

Again, the connection is overt.

We can go on, but this should be sufficient. As I said, Matthew strongly implies, and John overt - Jesus is deity. It is not "interpretation", it is original intent.

Can't say it's clear where your objection might lie, except an over-riding proclivity to some kind of anonymous discussion board supremacy. You want the crown? Go for it, it's all yours, if you can wrest it from the fundies.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#427281 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pol Pot was a Buddhist.
Do you think it might smooth the waters if you were to admit that your original sentence construction was somewhat jumbled, leading directly to the misunderstanding?

It appears you desire conflict for it's own sake. What's that all about?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427282 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe in an afterlife yet you want eternal 'justice' for someone. I think you're either confused or you're lying. Probably both.
I think you don't understand me, I'm not christian, I'm sikh and we don't believe in an actual hell and heaven, but I went to a christian school and I think i've been influenced by their way of thinking and it's hard to break free from them.

My religion says that we should not take revenge or even think bad for your enemies, but at the end of the day, I'm human and it hurts to see people killing each other, it gets hard to control my emotions, but I'm trying.

Our 5th prophet was tortured( made to sit on hot plate and hot sand was poured on them) and killed by a musim king, the 6th guru was the son of the 5th guru and he saved the king that killed his father, from being eating by a lion. My 10th guru's 2 children, 6 and 9 years, were tortured and bricked alive by another muslim king (grandson of the muslim king who killed 5th guru), the king's son asked my 10th guru for help and the guru helped. You see, my religion doesn't believe in revenge, but I'm not as perfect as my God, I would have never saved the muslim king from the lion or help the son of the person that killed my children. I am evil, I'm not perfect like my God.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427284 Dec 15, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
my ex was from mingo county wv. he insisted that i would love living there. so he uprooted me from dallas, texas and moved us to this lil hole in the wall town. most people in town didn't have indoor plumbing. BUT, they had those huge satellite dishes [that were so popular in the early 80s]sitting in their front yards!
when people would find out i was born in dallas texas they would ask if i knew J.R. EWING and the rest of the gang.
personally if i had a choice between t.v. and indoor plumbing.......indoor plumbing wins hands down!
Me too!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427285 Dec 15, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
ohhhhhhhhhhh my goodness girl..........homemade bread and jam.........:
but i cheat. i have a bread maker!!!!!!!!!!
It's still homemade if you use a breadmaker. I sometimes use one for quick breads or just to knead the dough.

But have you tried allowing it to rise the first time in the breadmaker and then transferring it to a baking pan for the second rise and then baking it? You'll find it's a lot better.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427287 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pol Pot was a Buddhist.
I must have misread it. I guess that makes me dense and trying to piss you off.

I'm too sick to deal with your insecurities tonight.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427288 Dec 15, 2012
NorCal88 wrote:
How goes it everyone? Can't remember py password for this site so i might just have to make up a new one and get back on for a minute. For now just know that i'm thinking of you!
Hey there, grandson! How you doin' sweetie?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427289 Dec 15, 2012
TheKavi wrote:
<quoted text>
lol what does
Do you think changing names will really get you anywhere on this thread? I know, you're going to tell me now that you've never been here before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min confrinting with ... 654,010
Profitional massage for girl in Sohar (oman) (Jan '15) 41 min Bewithme 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,809
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Bongo 64,059
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,805
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 6 hr Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
More from around the web