Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427291 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you don't understand me, I'm not christian, I'm sikh and we don't believe in an actual hell and heaven, but I went to a christian school and I think i've been influenced by their way of thinking and it's hard to break free from them.
My religion says that we should not take revenge or even think bad for your enemies, but at the end of the day, I'm human and it hurts to see people killing each other, it gets hard to control my emotions, but I'm trying.
Our 5th prophet was tortured( made to sit on hot plate and hot sand was poured on them) and killed by a musim king, the 6th guru was the son of the 5th guru and he saved the king that killed his father, from being eating by a lion. My 10th guru's 2 children, 6 and 9 years, were tortured and bricked alive by another muslim king (grandson of the muslim king who killed 5th guru), the king's son asked my 10th guru for help and the guru helped. You see, my religion doesn't believe in revenge, but I'm not as perfect as my God, I would have never saved the muslim king from the lion or help the son of the person that killed my children. I am evil, I'm not perfect like my God.
I don't really care what type of religious fundie you are.

Your fables are no more credible than the Christian ones, and theirs is no more credible than yours.

If you can't 'break free' of Christianity, and are still addicted to another religion, you really do have a problem. Sikhism is no less addictive than Christianity.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427292 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you don't understand me, I'm not christian, I'm sikh and we don't believe in an actual hell and heaven, but I went to a christian school and I think i've been influenced by their way of thinking and it's hard to break free from them.
My religion says that we should not take revenge or even think bad for your enemies, but at the end of the day, I'm human and it hurts to see people killing each other, it gets hard to control my emotions, but I'm trying.
Our 5th prophet was tortured( made to sit on hot plate and hot sand was poured on them) and killed by a musim king, the 6th guru was the son of the 5th guru and he saved the king that killed his father, from being eating by a lion. My 10th guru's 2 children, 6 and 9 years, were tortured and bricked alive by another muslim king (grandson of the muslim king who killed 5th guru), the king's son asked my 10th guru for help and the guru helped. You see, my religion doesn't believe in revenge, but I'm not as perfect as my God, I would have never saved the muslim king from the lion or help the son of the person that killed my children. I am evil, I'm not perfect like my God.
Perfection is an especially heavy burden for a deity, in the world in which we live.

Perhaps you just want your god to be perfect.

I used to think that my parents were perfect, until I began to look at the world.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#427293 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I don't really care what type of religious fundie you are.
Your fables are no more credible than the Christian ones, and theirs is no more credible than yours.
If you can't 'break free' of Christianity, and are still addicted to another religion, you really do have a problem. Sikhism is no less addictive than Christianity.
They are not fables, our religion is only 500 years old, that's historical fact!! You should not have said that if you've never read sikh history. It's not make believe like christian stories, it's true that alot of sikhs died trying to save other people. That's like saying the holocaust is a lie, it's not, because it's history!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#427294 Dec 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 9:2 "And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
9:3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth."
Why do the scribes claim Jesus to blaspheme? Because only God could forgive sins.
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".....John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us."
Not much interpretation necessary - the author asserts Jesus as God.
John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."
When the phrase "I Am" is spoken to a Jew, what is the obvious reference? Exodus 3:14 "God said to Moses,“I Am who I Am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites:‘I Am has sent me to you.’”
John 14:9 "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father."
Again, the connection is overt.
We can go on, but this should be sufficient. As I said, Matthew strongly implies, and John overt - Jesus is deity. It is not "interpretation", it is original intent.
Can't say it's clear where your objection might lie, except an over-riding proclivity to some kind of anonymous discussion board supremacy. You want the crown? Go for it, it's all yours, if you can wrest it from the fundies.
Thanks for doing our dirty work for us.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427295 Dec 15, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think it might smooth the waters if you were to admit that your original sentence construction was somewhat jumbled, leading directly to the misunderstanding?
It appears you desire conflict for it's own sake. What's that all about?
Which I clarified thrice.

Here is the fourth time:

Mao was an athiest, Pol Pot was a Buddhist

How difficult is that to understand ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#427296 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I must have misread it. I guess that makes me dense and trying to piss you off.
I'm too sick to deal with your insecurities tonight.
I'm sick of your inabilty to admit you made a mistake.

Location hidden

#427297 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfection is an especially heavy burden for a deity, in the world in which we live.
Perhaps you just want your god to be perfect.
I used to think that my parents were perfect, until I began to look at the world.
I know my guru's said they weren't perfect and that they were human like me, but I can't see any other human as perfect as them. Love is my God and it is perfect!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#427298 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my guru's said they weren't perfect and that they were human like me, but I can't see any other human as perfect as them.
Give it a little time. The bloom usually goes off the rose. More often then not we think we have a silk purse but end up with a sow's ear.
Sher e Panjab

Ivanhoe, Australia

#427299 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
poor shahibzadas :(

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#427302 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my guru's said they weren't perfect and that they were human like me, but I can't see any other human as perfect as them. Love is my God and it is perfect!!
That is a nice sentiment, but it does conflict with events in our world.

As an archetype, Love is always patient; always kind; never envious or arrogant with pride. Nor is she conceited, and she is never rude; she never thinks just of herself or ever gets annoyed. She never is resentful; is never glad with sin; she’s always glad to side with truth, and pleased that truth will win. She bears up under everything; believes the best in all; there is no limit to her hope, and never will she fall.

She never fails.(Borrowing from Paul)

In reality, she is as flawed as any other component of humanity.

Because she is a component of humanity.

If you wonder how a perfect god can allow the horrendous suffering of a beloved creation, you are certainly not the first, my friend. It is a very important and honest question to ask.

Location hidden

#427303 Dec 15, 2012
Sher e Panjab wrote:
<quoted text> poor shahibzadas :(
Hi Sheru!

I can't believe how cruel some people are, they get upset if children from their country or culture die, but they think our children dying is a fable, they don't see our pain. Everytime I read sikh history about the way sikh babies were chopped into pieces and necklaces were made out of those pieces to put around their mothers, makes me physically sick. Did you know baba banda bahadur's 4 yr old son was cut open alive and his little heart was taken out and put in his father's mouth, and still the sikhs didn't kill muslim children, because our guru taught us to love everyone.

These atheists and christians tell me I'm a fanatic/kafir for believing my guru's were perfect, they think our gurus were on the wrong path. What crime did our gurs commit? Is telling us to "recognise the human species as one" a crime??

Both think that only there way is the right way, are we the fanatics/kafirs or them? They think we're uneducated savages, believing in our religion, they judge us before they even know us.

It's shahibzadas saheedi day soon!:''-((((

Since: Dec 12

Elizabeth, NJ

#427304 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think changing names will really get you anywhere on this thread? I know, you're going to tell me now that you've never been here before.
Who do you think I am then?

Location hidden

#427305 Dec 15, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>

If you wonder how a perfect god can allow the horrendous suffering of a beloved creation, you are certainly not the first, my friend. It is a very important and honest question to ask.
I know I'm not the first, my guru asked that question to God, 500 years ago.

You should try reading sikh Histroy and then you will see that love exists!

Location hidden

#427306 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Give it a little time. The bloom usually goes off the rose. More often then not we think we have a silk purse but end up with a sow's ear.
I have complete faith in my Guru, I can doubt if there is a God or not, but I can never doubt my Guru! God can be wrong, this world can be wrong, but my Guru's teachings will always be true!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427307 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sick of your inabilty to admit you made a mistake.
I said I misread it. That's a mistake on my part.

What would you like to do because I made a mistake? Beat me? Send me to Guantanamo? Have me tortured for eternity?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427308 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not fables, our religion is only 500 years old, that's historical fact!! You should not have said that if you've never read sikh history. It's not make believe like christian stories, it's true that alot of sikhs died trying to save other people. That's like saying the holocaust is a lie, it's not, because it's history!!
ALL religions are make believe.

You're just playing the audience here. It won't work.

Your religion has a history, yes. It has a history of being invented approximately 500 years ago. Period.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#427312 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I'm not the first, my guru asked that question to God, 500 years ago.
You should try reading sikh Histroy and then you will see that love exists!
Do you assume that because I have not read your particular religious writings then I am ignorant of the existence of love.

You're not paying attention.

That's never a good sign.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#427313 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I have complete faith in my Guru, I can doubt if there is a God or not, but I can never doubt my Guru! God can be wrong, this world can be wrong, but my Guru's teachings will always be true!
Oh my.

Are you gonna be surprised!

Location hidden

#427316 Dec 15, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>ALL religions are make believe.
You're just playing the audience here. It won't work.
Your religion has a history, yes. It has a history of being invented approximately 500 years ago. Period.
That is history, it doesn't say that in my religious book!!!!

The muslim rulers, hindus, french, british etc.. wrote about sikhs!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#427317 Dec 15, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which I clarified thrice.
Here is the fourth time:
Mao was an athiest, Pol Pot was a Buddhist
How difficult is that to understand ?
You either are unaware of what you wrote, or are being purposely obtuse rather than admit some self-imagined chink in your self-imagined armor.

G_O_D wrote:
"Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung, Castro, Sadam Hussein.
An atheist, a Buddhist, A Christian and a Muslim."

A common literary device is for the labels following a list to describe each item respectively. Thus it is here that it be a fair assumption that you were assigning Pol Pot to be atheist, and Mao to be Buddhist.

Rather than be dismissively and arrogantly condescending, a simple clarification on your part might have laid the item to rest pages ago.

Perfection is a heavy mantle to bear, I'm sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Mr magoo goo guy... 703,713
mgtow 1 hr the enlightened man 12
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Uncle Jack 88,123
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... (Nov '17) 5 hr Fen Pok Sue Chee II 28
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr science is god 996,502
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 8 hr Steve Carl 20
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 hr Tony 6,921