The Borderland of Sol

#426988 Dec 14, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands you a Taurus .38 spcl*
Will this get you out of here?
It will before "God" will.
.38s are for cops who can't shoot.

I favour larger, or considerably smaller, calibers.

.22s are much better - easier to put two in the head - so are .357s or .45s.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#426990 Dec 14, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.
I'll take that as agreement unless otherwise noted.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#426991 Dec 14, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that as agreement unless otherwise noted.
It was so intended - sorry if I was unclear.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#426995 Dec 14, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is contingent upon abiogenesis and nothing more. Once you have replicators, you have evolution and abiogenesis is no longer happening (making abiogenesis theory of only academic and astronomical interest).
1. how specific do you require the answer? If not specific, then to the origin of vertebrates. Before that, it's a bit fuzzy. Our theory tells us we share a common history with all multicellular life, then all eukaryotes. Before that, it would have to condense to a single-celled lifeform, then to replicators. If we go in the other direction, from replicators, there might have been many failed lines that left no fossil record, making it impossible for us to determine exactly how life progressed.
If you want to be very, very specific, humans can trace their ancestry through all hominin, to the LCA (last common ancestor) with Pan, then Gorilla, then Pongo, then Hylobates, then Old World Monkeys, then all monkeys (adding in New World Monkeys), then Prosimians (now called Strepsirrhini), then Plesiadapiformes, then it gets a bit fuzzy (at least for me; experts in paleoprimatology probably have a better idea). The previous step would be tree shrews, which have shared ancestors with bats and it continues to more ancestors.
This is a very in-depth map that you probably won't understand:
http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/25/3/59...
Here's a more understandable one, but not as complex:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
And another, with pictures!
http://www.google.com/imgres...
<quoted text>
The very beginning? Replicators. Organic molecules that, for reasons I don't understand, started replicating by using ambient molecules for energy. They underwent rapid evolution becoming single celled organisms and eventually, after a very long while, multicellular organisms.
The moment you have two different replicator populations, you have divergent species. From that point on, it was no longer a single species. Some combined (hence mitochondria w/in cells; chloroplasts w/in plant cells), most did not.
Good stuff.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426996 Dec 14, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Making the sh't up as he goes along is the only way that he has any argument at all.
It was also his way of deflecting the point of my post...they all keep count...how often do they come on here and brag about how many they brought to Christ over the weekend. That used to be an every Monday morning thing for Dusty...if I remember correctly.
Wasup probably keeps tally marks on his bed post.
Emotional conversions made from personal need and fear never last. A conversion from knowledge and what is right for you will. I learned that after leaving Christianity.

Without the bonds of fear, I have learned that there really is a place of all possibilities. There is no God limited by human fear, hatred and doctrine. Everything you need to know you already have.

While there are good lessons in many holy books, there are also good lessons in philosophy, psychology, and even Aesop's Fables. You take those good things and put them to use and leave the childish faith from nothing behind. It is useless to an adult.

That is not to say you can't have faith. It means that you understand your faith, where it comes from, what purpose it serves for you and accept it's limitations.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#426997 Dec 14, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
The all-knowing, all-powerful master of space, time and dimension, the creator of the universe is going to be offended by --
Me.
Does this really seem likely to you, Clownie?
yes

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426998 Dec 14, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to impose his religion on those who were forced to attend his religious gathering. It used to be people who did not conform to his group were ridiculed and singled out for their disagreement.
Don't you feel sorry for him??
I don't.
I feel no more sorry for him than I do a Muslim. They're not allowed to go against their employer's wishes either in this country. There are no 'rights' when you are at work, in a government building, etc. Your rights to worship as you please, talk to anyone about your religion, hand out tracts on the street corner, preach in public, etc is still there. Some cities require that you have a permit to pass out anything on a street corner, whether it is religious or just flyers for a new carwash that just opened. Again, that is not limiting your rights, as you can still do so if you comply with the laws.

The war on Christianity is a hoax started by extremists and kept alive by Fox News.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#426999 Dec 14, 2012
The Last True Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Your jesus is a filthy f*cking lie.
naw!! that would be your satan/and you

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#427000 Dec 14, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but fantasy.
What I decide or want is irrelevant. The facts are in: If theres' a "God" he doesn't get involved.
My personal opinion is, "God" is no more real than Paul Bunyan.
you're wrong

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427001 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
make up your mind dearth - do you want free will or should God restrain you and other f*ckwad who rebels against Him? make no mistake about, that f*ckwad won't escape judgement and neither will any other rebel/f*ckwad.
Free will is a product of humanity and government. Free will doesn't mean you can do anything you like without consequences in the here and now. It has nothing to do with what happens when you die.

If God had been kind, he would have made people robots instead of making them just to torture them forever if they don't get his ambiguous message.

You're right. He didn't escape. He's dead. If anyone else was involved and caught by law enforcement, they won't get away with it either.

You believe if someone repents they are saved from punishment. What if that person repented just before death? That would mean he'll be in the same place you claim you'll be going. So will Hitler if he repented because he was a Christian.

It's a terribly imperfect system where a person can repent just before death and have his pie in the sky while an atheist who saved a child from his gunfire will go to hell.

You should think about what you preach. It's foolishness. Christianity has it's own flaws to start with and you make your God look like an evil bastard every time you post.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#427002 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If your god is real, why did he allow all those children to be killed?
What's the matter, clownie? Didn't you like my proof that there is no god? You're such a big, bad, internet tough guy; go back to f*cking your fist.
getting to you huh??? LAFFIN

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427003 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Every time I hear of some terrible event in the US..."
of course you do, w_n, of course you do!
thank you once again for proving my point better than i ever could regarding the satanic bigotry that's thriving in this wonderful world of yours where your kind can do no wrong:)
Why do you lie? I've never claimed that non-Christians can do no wrong.

I have said that religion leads people to slam planes into buildings, burn other human beings alive for being a witch and many other atrocities.

Christians in this country are more likely to do harm to others than any other group.

You don't see atheists exorcising demons and nearly killing people doing so. You don't see them burning crosses in people's yards. You don't hear them hoping people will die because they don't not believe.

You are a class A idiot. No one has ever proved any of your points. That is, if you had a point. All that has happened is that you have danced around every subject without ever giving a rational answer to anything and accuse others of taking your rights away and being the promoter of all the evil in the world.

There are good and bad people in all religions and those who have no religion at all. But most of the truly cruel people in America are found within the arms of the Christian brotherhood. You can't do anything about the statistics. You can lie, rant, rave and dance all you want, but 70-80% of all people in prison say they are Christian when entering prison.

Get a clue, assupp.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#427004 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Your jesus is a filthy f*cking lie.
I know your sick but I am sure to other drag queens you seem ok. Don't worry about people laughing at you, just try to pretend that they are laughing with you.

THE REV CLOWNIE

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#427007 Dec 14, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
The all-knowing, all-powerful master of space, time and dimension, the creator of the universe is going to be offended by --
Me.
Does this really seem likely to you, Clownie?
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yes
I see.

Oh, and --

I'm arrogant!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#427008 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If your god is real, why did he allow all those children to be killed?
What's the matter, clownie? Didn't you like my proof that there is no god? You're such a big, bad, internet tough guy; go back to f*cking your fist.
Once again you didn't have the intelligence to repond to me, you had to make something up. Well keep working at it. Maybe you will come up with a witty response one of these days. Start reading mine, you might as well learn from the master.

ITS CALLED CLOWN OWNAGE

Columbus, OH

#427011 Dec 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I will post no more as The Truth.
Well, you're half way there: Consider not posting at all.

"Well Begun is Half-Done."

-- Mary Poppins

Columbus, OH

#427012 Dec 14, 2012
Anagramanachronist wrote:
Come here, gayfanatasyboy! Ride my magic unicorn!
See what I me?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#427013 Dec 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gayfantasyboy No.2.
You only have two? I figured you would have more than that.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#427014 Dec 14, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Clownie...you do not know that. You want to believe that is true because it makes you feel better...but you don't know.
There is no where in the Bible that it specifically says that all under the age of accountability get a free pass. Damn Clownie...there is not even an "age of accountability" mentioned in the Bible.
That "age of accountability" subject irritates the crap out of me...
God is loving, holy, merciful, just, and gracious. Whatever He does is always right and good.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#427015 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll see who it is that follows the next hitler-like character who emerges on the world scene.....
Newt Gingrich?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Bobby Bobson 30,657
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Bobby Bobson 987,099
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Robert F 687,159
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 1 hr LG Sucks 2
BING keeps DOMINATING with "Homepage Magic" 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Here For Now 619,788
News Costa Mesa man, 50, sentenced to 25 years to li... 10 hr Voice of Reason 3
More from around the web