Why I’m no longer a Christian

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#426891 Dec 14, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You'd also think the American churches who are supporting these African churches/missionaries would be 'all over that'. But they're not. They keep sending their money though two documentaries on it have aired in the US.
Yes.

I saw at least one of them.

There's something wrong with my nasty suspicious mind - I can't get over the feeling that the whole tragedy is submerged in a horrible First World reflex: "It's only Africa, and they're only Africans".

Overly cynical, even for me, but I can't seem to shake it.

The Borderland of Sol

#426892 Dec 14, 2012
The Truth wrote:
I heard people were burning witches in Africa... from an old geezer... on the internet... in a chat room... on an obscure thread... on some backwater news and gossip site...
Hmmmmmm...
Hahahahahahaha!
1.8 million results, on just one search phrase. And you didn't even look.

You're not just intellectually lazy, you're dishonest.

Three-year-old with his fingers in his ears, eyes squeezed shut, yelling "Neener, neener, neener! I ca-an't hear you!"

Pitiful.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426893 Dec 14, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can do whatever I please as long as it is within my rights and does not impose upon another's rights.
I have not imposed upon your rights Wasup...you are not missing a single one because of me.
We have the same rights...
Does that make me satanic??? Since we both have the same rights then that also makes you satanic...logically speaking.
it's all good. when you remind me that i'm not being the greatest christian, i'll remind you that you're being an excellent satanist:)

The Borderland of Sol

#426895 Dec 14, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
You tell such convincing lies.
You know nothing about me my childhood.
You are the ass, WN.
You stooped to insulting my parents. GFY
<quoted text>
Based on what has been shown here, you should know:

Nymph does not lie.

You do.

(I only lie a little, to improve a tale. For entertainment purpouses only.)

The Borderland of Sol

#426896 Dec 14, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you felate horse like her, too ?
OK. What ever turns you on. As long as the horse isn't injured I don't give a shit.
Did your deity tell you to say that? And if so, where?
'Cos I don't think I'd like him much. If he was, like, real.

The Borderland of Sol

#426897 Dec 14, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Those are different than the ones my mom used. the hanger was at the top of the pants and there wasn't much separation between the legs. I'm gonna look and see if I can find a picture of the old fashioned ones.
I personally can't believe that people still use those things.
I remember pants stretchers.

I still have a pair.

I call 'em "legs".

OH, SORRY! I meant "limbs"...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426898 Dec 14, 2012
The Last True Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I repeat: what rights have you lost? So far, you haven't answered. I guess that's par for the course.
i'm trying to educate you that the loss of freedoms are subtle and un-official things before they become law. i.e., it's 'in the air' before it becomes tangilbe, like political correctness.

for instance, we don't use the term Christmas or celebrate it in my work place anymore just because someone complained a half dozen years ago. however, we do celebrate halloween; another religious holiday, but apparently less offensive since it's blatantly pagan.

choose your side, friend and let's get this show on the road!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426899 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
And you're still doing it.
friend, all i'm trying to do is convince people of Christ. if you don't like it you don't have to respond:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426900 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Says the christian who carries a can of lighter fluid and a book of matches inside his hollowed-out bible.
that's a terrible thing and not fair to say, but you don't care about fairness, do you?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426901 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey dummy--HITLER WAS A CHRISTIAN, JUST LIKE YOU.
we'll see who it is that follows the next hitler-like character who emerges on the world scene.....

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426902 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all good. when you remind me that i'm not being the greatest christian, i'll remind you that you're being an excellent satanist:)
Your satan lives in your soul, hateful christian, not Annie's.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426903 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I repeat: what rights have you lost? So far, you haven't answered. I guess that's par for the course.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm trying to educate you
No you aren't; you are lying to me, and avoiding the question. What rights have you lost?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> for instance, we don't use the term Christmas or celebrate it in my work place anymore just because someone complained a half dozen years ago.
Why should anyone believe a known liar like yourself?

Now, what rights have you lost? Answer the question.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426904 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
friend, all i'm trying to do is convince people of Christ.
That's right; you're lying to people.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#426905 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about anyone else but I think that's great. I don't believe in your big bad scary monsters so calling me a name like that means nothing. It's actually more akin to children calling eachother silly names that mean nothing and usually only end up being a name calling contest that no one wins.
So in closing...you act like a child.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426906 Dec 14, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that this is not quite true don't you???
Churches have group alter calls to save as many as they can at one time. I know...I played JUST AS I AM many a time to appeal the their emotional side.
There are also those tent revivals...if you attend one...on the second night they give the "saved" count for the first night...continuing on until the last night.
I remember the first time that I went to the alter...it was packed that night. When I turned around there were people sitting in the pews counting to see how many were "saved". I think that was one of the very first inklings that something wasn't quite right. I pushed that right out of my head though because...I did not want to grow up to be bad!
It might "supposed" to be one soul at a time but you guys sure do keep up with those numbers.
so you had some bad experiences with people playing 'church'- get in line! some of us though, who knew enough not to blame God for the actions of foolish humans, have gone on to have a great relationship with our Heavenly Father.

don't hate us for it like cain hated abel.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426907 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a terrible thing and not fair to say, but you don't care about fairness, do you?
The truth sucks, doesn't it?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426908 Dec 14, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we'll see who it is that follows the next hitler-like character who emerges on the world scene.....
So far, it looks like a toss-up between Ahmedinejahd of Iran and the Syrian president. They believe in god, too, and act under "his authority."

Just like you.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426909 Dec 14, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>In more than four years, our Christian President has done nothing in the manner that the Christian leader of Germany did.
You just want to hate and can't name a single right you've lost. You're a doom and gloomer. Period.
Your idiocy does not scare anyone but those who are as idiotic as you are.
sure...this wonderful world and all the wonderful people are just gonna go on forever. did you hear about what just happened today in connecticut???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#426910 Dec 14, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about anyone else but I think that's great. I don't believe in your big bad scary monsters so calling me a name like that means nothing. It's actually more akin to children calling eachother silly names that mean nothing and usually only end up being a name calling contest that no one wins.
So in closing...you act like a child.
"So in closing...." LOL - you sound like a preacher now, mr W!

congrats on the grand kiddie:)

The Borderland of Sol

#426911 Dec 14, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have a shallow wading section in hell? I'm not very good at treading fire...
The First Hoplite Merchandising Outlet and E-Store offers Nomex® flotation devices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Aerobatty 878,857
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Liam 603,325
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min Gary Coaldigger 8,049
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 36 min pepertoa 0
Palmers farmed in Hayti area? 46 min Sam Vein 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 58 min USaWorldWarMongerer 177,851
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 1 hr USaWorldWarMongerer 444
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Pegasus 272,879
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr MrAnderson9 3,845
More from around the web