“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426725 Dec 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
friend, you like to gain knowledge from researching stuff, right?
try researching how many countries in the world outlaw christianity and what kind of punishments they apply to offenders.
our little democratic plot on the planet is a rare deal and thanks to so-called "liberals", christians and jews are losing equal rights through legislation by the minute.
why do i even try to reason with you??
That's because Christians have committed genocide in so many countries. They don't want them around for their own safety. Look to Africa for a dose of Christianity's killing of witches right now. Who would want you to come to their country and do such a thing except for third world countries who already have superstitions which Christianity can reinforce in order to kill those who won't believe?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426726 Dec 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so much so that you're terrified to speak with me cuz i always seem to hit your (spiritual) G-spot;)
I'm sure this is just what Jesus would say.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#426727 Dec 13, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>That's because Christians have committed genocide in so many countries. They don't want them around for their own safety. Look to Africa for a dose of Christianity's killing of witches right now. Who would want you to come to their country and do such a thing except for third world countries who already have superstitions which Christianity can reinforce in order to kill those who won't believe?
Sure.

The modern sub-Saharan burning at the stake:

Tie your victim to a utility pole (or a tree, should that be more readily available).

Hang an automobile tire around the victim's neck.

Pour as much gasoline into the tire as it'll hold.

Light.

Fall back.

Called a "necklace".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#426731 Dec 13, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. You would think the liberal left media would be ALL OVER THAT, wouldn't you...
If it were true...
Google "Witch hunts Africa modern".

1,790,000 results.

Here, I'll do it for you: https://www.google.com/search...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#426732 Dec 13, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, a big satan fan, thinking like he always does, like an idiot!
GET SAVED BOY YOU HEAR ME
I will join you and your religion after you have proven each of these things in the exact order they are presented.

1. Prove your God exists using tangible and verifiable, non-ontological evidence.

2. Prove your God is the right God.

3. Prove your book is God's real book.

4. Prove your book has never been mistranslated or misinterpreted.

5. Prove that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.

6. Prove that belief has any effect on anything after you die.

GOOD LUCK!
Huh

Dallas, TX

#426733 Dec 13, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell
Nick pulled it out? I hope he left your money on the nightstand.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#426734 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Luke 1:1-4. Luke compiles an account, handed down to us by eyewitnesses, and does a careful investigation, tells Most Excellent (Roman or Greek Title) Theophilis he may know the exact truth.
<quoted text> What does...''handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses'' mean? What does ''careful investigation'' mean? <quoted text> They were 1st century bios. That may be a problem to hyper critics but not to those who take them for what they are.
<quoted text> It does not say he copied from Mark.
Geez. What am I? And English teacher? It means just like when your older brother outgrew his blue jeans and your parents then handed them down to you.

No one I am aware of claimed Luke’s author directly admits copying from GoMark. Luke’s author admits knowledge of already existing narratives from other authors. But his mention of these other narratives seems rather superfluous if they do not relate to his investigation and his account in some fashion other than as notice that others already had done what he then sets out to do. He, quite simply, is claiming reliance on those other narratives and using them to provide authority for his own.

So the question is: Can we identify any of those other sources? Well, it seems so. The Lukan narrative often tracks much of the material in GoMark, and it often incorporates phrases from GoMark *verbatim*, just as Matthew does. To wit:

From Mark 6:41-2:

labwn tou" pente artou" kai tou" duo icqua" anableya" ei" ton ouranon euloghsen

From Luke 9:16-7:

labwn de tou" pente artou" kai tou" duo icqua" anableya" ei" ton ouranon euloghsen

From Matthew 14:19:

labwn tou" pente artou" kai tou" duo icqua" anableya" ei" ton ouranon euloghsen

Translation: Having taken the five loaves and the two fishes, having looked up to the heaven, he blessed….

There are many examples of the use of identical words and phrases scattered throughout these three gospels. That is why they are referred to as the “synoptic gospels” and, hence, the matter of the “synoptic problem”: The copying occurred, but exactly what was the process?

With Markan priority assured, that gospel having been written before the other two by virtually all scholarly accounts, clearly Mark’s author (putatively John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem) used these phrases first among the synoptic writers. Therefore, the authors of Matthew and Luke are dependent on Markan material.

Simply put, Matthew’s and Luke’s authors borrowed heavily from Mark’s author but they also modified or deleted what did not suit the theological narratives they sought to convey.

Interesting isn’t it that that Matthew’s author would borrow from Mark? If Matthew the tax collector actually penned the gospel with his name, what we have is a disciple lifting material from a kid from Jerusalem who is never clearly mentioned in any of the four canonical gospels as a follower of Jesus.

Odd, huh?

Columbus, OH

#426735 Dec 13, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
In summary then you find my theory, which is that an ill-formed confederation of seers and opportunists arrived over a period of centuries at a mythology -- improbable and greatly in need of historical justification.
While you consider your theory, which includes a virgin birth, faith-healings, walking on water and rising from the dead -- perfectly reasonable and consistent with the facts as we know them.
Is that pretty much right?
LOL.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#426736 Dec 13, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven forbid...I won't tell you about the frozen pants on the clothes line...that one would send you over the edge!!! LOL
A good memory, me 'mommy dearest' would stand 'em next to a hot radiator...

Clothes line dried...always smell freshest:)

Columbus, OH

#426737 Dec 13, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
It's Christmas time again!
Most here are familiar with the dueling Christmas stories in the Gospels. Last year I thought I would explore the third Christmas story in the Bible, sorta. I called it:
An Apocalyptic Christmas
(or A Cosmic Combat Christmas)
From Revelation 12:1-6
‘Twas the night before Christmas, the sun she did wear.
With the moon ’neath her feet and twelve stars in her hair
In pain she was crying giving birth to a son.
He would be the redeemer, he would be, the One.
Then appeared in the heavens a great dragon of red.
Seven crowns did he wear on his seven, ten horned heads.
With the wag of his tail and a terrible sound,
a third of the stars were swept down to the ground
So he sat and he waited for this child to be born.
He would make a fine breakfast on this fine Christmas morn.
But before the red dragon could dine on his feast,
the child was transported away from the beast.
Through the heavens did travel this child of Unknown.
‘Till safely he rested with God on his throne.
And the woman, his mother, was hidden from fears,
where she would be nourished for three and a half years.
Evil was defeated In the Cosmos that day.
The child, now full grown comes to show us the way.
For the end is at hand, he will soon make all right.
Every day will be Christmas and for all,
a good night.
X-cellent.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#426738 Dec 13, 2012
You guys wanna see a really dumb thread?

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TPLT54G...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#426739 Dec 13, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I will join you and your religion after you have proven each of these things in the exact order they are presented.
1. Prove your God exists using tangible and verifiable, non-ontological evidence.
2. Prove your God is the right God.
3. Prove your book is God's real book.
4. Prove your book has never been mistranslated or misinterpreted.
5. Prove that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.
6. Prove that belief has any effect on anything after you die.
GOOD LUCK!
1. disprove my God exists
2. disprove my God us not the right God
3. disprove my book is not the holy word of God
4. disprove my interpretation
5. disprove my belef

GOOD LUCK!

“How You Treat Me”

#426740 Dec 13, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the way you would do it. OK.
Lame. Totally expected of you. Right up there with "I'm rubber, you're glue..." "Your mother wears army boots..." "I know you are, but what am I?"

Ragazzo Sissy.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#426741 Dec 13, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nick pulled it out? I hope he left your money on the nightstand.
do you want a lick

“How You Treat Me”

#426742 Dec 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i just fifnished reading the Bible and thought 'i wonder how much better it is to actually read the Bible and receive what it says rather then reading articles about it on the internet from antichrist opposers of it'!
Atheists reject the buybull because they read the buybull, and are capable of independent thought. You read it with some "expert" sitting next to you, telling you how to interpret it their way.

“How You Treat Me”

#426743 Dec 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
he's a human religious nut-bar of the 'They Say' sect, which is the largest, worst & most vicious that the world has ever produced!
The christian sect, the largest, worst and most vicious which gave us the Crusades, the Inquisition, Salem, Sand Creek, Wounded Knee, Adolph Hitler & Nazism, Dachau, Auschwitz, Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen, HUAC, the Moral Majority, Operation: Rescue, Paul Hill, John Salvi, David Koresh, Tim McVeigh...

“How You Treat Me”

#426745 Dec 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you should try telling yourself "i'm forgive, redeemed by the blood of Jesus!" it will literally change EVERYTHING for good.
No thanks; I don't do drugs.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#426746 Dec 13, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists reject the buybull because they read the buybull, and are capable of independent thought. You read it with some "expert" sitting next to you, telling you how to interpret it their way.
you're dumb

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#426747 Dec 13, 2012

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#426748 Dec 13, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You guys wanna see a really dumb thread?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TPLT54G...
Hahaha.

Thanks.

How's it going, Kaito?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 4,071
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 589,328
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Freebird USA 176,748
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min scaritual 837,019
Asian students pose great threat and damage to ... 25 min EmpireEarth 2
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 36 min Doctor REALITY 9
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 44 min The Gleep 1,836
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 271,261
More from around the web