“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426516 Dec 12, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I heard it, you do your *sister* Marlowe-style. I'm inclined to believe it.
I'm gonna go watch tv.
And I'm going to bed and finish reading 'Reasonable Doubt'.

Sleep well all.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#426517 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you did. You said that in this day and age it is unnecessary for a woman to breast feed. Same thing, G.
You call me a liar because either you don't remember what you said or because you can't admit being thoroughly beaten in that conversation. By mere women. Women who breast fed their babies on a doctor's advice. And..because they are women who wanted the best for their babies. You can't bond with a bottle. Natural immunization doesn't take place with bottle feeding. Babies sleep better when breast fed. They feel more secure when they are breast fed. As a result of that, they grow to adulthood feeling more secure. But all that flew right over your head because you read up on breast feeding, found an article that proved (to you) that you knew more about breast feeding than mothers do, and made you feel superior.
Why not, instead of trying to prove that an education is worth more than life, prove that you're a compassionate, well-adjusted human being with the ability to communicate with us heathen idiots?
He'll be raising the dead next.

Oh, wait, that gig's taken, innit?

The Borderland of Sol

#426518 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! i see this cartoon bubble of you saying this while you're rolling on the floor flaying your arms and legs and holding your breath till you turn blue:)
"Flailing".

"Flaying" means something quite different, and much more unpleasant.

The Borderland of Sol

#426519 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I just finished altering two pairs of pants for my grandson. I wonder if I had said what I was going to do if I would have had a google article thrown at me to tell me how I was not doing it correctly, how much smarter a person is who reads an article on sewing is than one who has done it since childhood, and been told the correct way to do it. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.
I used to be a dab hand at stitching wounds - at least until they invented Crazy Glue.
That's about the limit of my proven skills as a sempster, though.

The Borderland of Sol

#426520 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You can say all of the above again!
Even worse are turkeys. My aunt and uncle raised turkeys and that's a whole different side of bird-raising. It was my job as a child to pull out the big feathers. Later, I had to pull out pin feathers. I don't know which is worse. The worst job as a child though was working the tobacco fields suckering the plants. Back breaking work even for the very young. We had to pick it every week or 10 days when my uncle said the leaves were 'prime'. Then we'd have to split the stems and lay them on boards in the drying shed for about a week. then we had to tie leaves together in small bundles and hang them to smoke. I can't remember what kind of wood my uncle used, but I do remember that the smell was really nice. I used to love to see the bundles of tobacco hanging to smoke cure. I never helped after that point, so can't say what happened to it after it was cured. I think that's because he didn't want us kids around the cutter, but it could have been for other reasons. My dad smoked a pipe and he would get his tobacco from his brother. No one in the family ever died as a result of smoking, so I think maybe the chemicals they started using in commercial cigarettes has a lot to do with the cancer rate from smoking. I can't say for sure, though.
And I was always glad to go back to school and be away from all of that! The one promise I made to myself as a child and kept was that if possible, I would never sucker tobacco when I got grown. Thank goodness life has afforded me the blessing of being able to keep that promise!
Three times, quickly:

"I'm not the pheasant-plucker, I'm the pheasant-plucker's son.
I'm just sitting plucking pheasants till the pheasant-plucker comes."

The Borderland of Sol

#426521 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. He's a human. I have proof.
[deleted]

The Borderland of Sol

#426522 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>My youngest son's wife still likes to drive the old putt-putt tractor. Some of her happiest days are spent on that thing.
I remember loving an old 1940s Massey, with an exposed sickle bar attached. How I didn't kill someone with that thing...
Vaguely reminiscent of sword blades on chariot wheels...

The Borderland of Sol

#426523 Dec 12, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
WN is a hateful bitch too.
Well, aren't you the little ray of sunshine?

Wait, weren't you supposed to be some sort of Christian?

Only your slip is showing.

The Borderland of Sol

#426524 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Neither of proved you knew a thing about candling eggs.
<quoted text>
He doesn't care; he needs to win in order to feed his god complex.
Otherwise, he'll cry.
I have some tissues somewhere.

Wait, I don't care even that much.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426525 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! i see this cartoon bubble of you saying this while you're rolling on the floor flaying your arms and legs and holding your breath till you turn blue:)
"YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!" ~waaasssuuup~

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426526 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you ar another liar who knows nothing of candling...
"Paul is not God." You know what? Neither are you.

Go blow yourself.
This is why

Brentwood, NY

#426528 Dec 13, 2012
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.(Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.(Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#426529 Dec 13, 2012
This is why wrote:
Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.(Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense.(Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.(Exodus 22:19 NAB)
Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.(Zechariah 13:3 NAB)
A list of good reasons why we should be proud that civilization is not as barbaric as it was thousands of years ago. Let's hope that we continue to free ourselves from the shackles of bad traditions and keep growing!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#426530 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
The way I heard it, you do your *sister* Marlowe-style. I'm inclined to believe it.
I'm gonna go watch tv.
Is it anything like gangham style?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#426531 Dec 13, 2012
For the horse's sake, I hope you used plenty of Chapstick.
<quoted text>
{*snicker!*}
Let me break it down for you, genius, so that even *YOU* can understand it:
What is Chapstick for? It's for making your lips soft and moist and full. Why do *YOU* need soft lips when obtaining horse semen?
Think, "G_O_D," *think!!*
That is the way you would do it. OK.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426533 Dec 13, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>[deleted]
Most appropriate remark of the day.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426534 Dec 13, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
*Deleted due to just insults

First; unless you are Amish you won;t use a candle.
You will use a high intesity white light source (EI: electric light).

*Deleted because my original post had nothing to do with the actual candling of eggs...only what it symbolized...an event that occurred between an old woman and a young child.

If any of you had explained this instead of bashing me, I would have kissed your asses in Macy's front window.

*Again...deleted due to insults.

Enjoy your f-ed up games.
So...that leaves little to address.

"G"...I grew up in a section of the country that was very poor and people had little. While most people...not all...had electricity there were many people in my community that did not have running water. The only reason that my immediate family did was that we moved to Michigan when I was two in order for may dad to find work. When we finally moved back to those backwoods we didn't have running water for about 3 months.

We got our water from a cistern. Whenever we would get low we would order a delivery from the water truck...but it cost $5 a load so we caught as much rain water as we could to help the money stretch.

People didn't have such things as a "high intesity white light source". Many of the farmers used a candle mounted on this primitive device. We were not Amish but in so many cases we had no more at our disposal than what they used.

I don't care if you think I am a liar...that doesn't take away from my memories of those experiences. There was something mysterious and magical about being in that kitchen...the candle lit and the one light dangling from the ceiling turned off.

About a year ago I had the opportunity to visit what was left of her home. The roof was falling in...but the same old tattered curtains that hung at her windows when I was a child...still graced those windows. Once again I had the opportunity to feel that mystery and magic...those memories from my childhood...remember those lessons that she taught me so many years ago.

As far as you kissing my ass in Macy's window...no thank you...there is no need for that.

As far as playing any games with you...there is no need for that either...I have nothing to win or lose by what you think of me.

Life has not always been so easy...but I am blessed in so many ways. I have those memories of those people that cared so much...that took the time to teach a little girl about the mysteries of life and to share with me those things that I still carry with me.

About that book "The Ugly Duckling"...I don't remember reading it as a child but I do remember the gnarled hands of an old woman that cradled those eggs so delicately in the light of a single candle.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#426535 Dec 13, 2012
The Last True Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
With an imaginary friend?
Get yourself a teddy bear; at least you can hug -that- friend.
LOL!

i just got an image of that TED bear doing that hip action, when i read this!!

thanks for the laugh. i really needed it after the week i had.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#426536 Dec 13, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. The error is ours because of the way we read it.
one would think this god being would write it so each person could understand it.

oh wait.......do some people get a defective magic decoder ring???

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426537 Dec 13, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I just finished altering two pairs of pants for my grandson. I wonder if I had said what I was going to do if I would have had a google article thrown at me to tell me how I was not doing it correctly, how much smarter a person is who reads an article on sewing is than one who has done it since childhood, and been told the correct way to do it. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.
i just fifnished reading the Bible and thought 'i wonder how much better it is to actually read the Bible and receive what it says rather then reading articles about it on the internet from antichrist opposers of it'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 269,994
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Big Country_ 817,235
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 578,677
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min True Truth 609,732
My Mom Is Joining The Adult Film Industry (Jan '13) 54 min Aiesha 14
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min Student 39,935
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Sharlene45 2,174
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web