Why I’m no longer a Christian

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426425 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I am actually beginning to think he is so insecure that any woman who confronts him is seen as an attacker, an enemy. Especially women who won't back down and get on their knees to praise him. He and Skom both seem to have this problem. But more than that, they have a problem with anyone at all giving an opinion that differs from theirs. When that happens, both of them go into full abuse mode. Then they whine and cry that they are disliked by 'both sides'.
I ran across this quote...Thought you might like it.

“I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me.”
&#8213; Hermann Hesse

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426426 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My most horrifying day on the farm...
Was the day we killed almost 200 chickens to put in the freezer...they do not smell good when dunked in that vat of boiling water...YIKES!
It was the day I learned...chickens really do run around with their heads chopped off!
No...that does not mean that I am an expert...nor know more than "G" does about those out of control chickens!
Now I do know about having more feathers stuck to me than the actual chicken did! LOL It is a nasty job.
Never had to shovel no sh't though.:-)
You can say all of the above again!

Even worse are turkeys. My aunt and uncle raised turkeys and that's a whole different side of bird-raising. It was my job as a child to pull out the big feathers. Later, I had to pull out pin feathers. I don't know which is worse. The worst job as a child though was working the tobacco fields suckering the plants. Back breaking work even for the very young. We had to pick it every week or 10 days when my uncle said the leaves were 'prime'. Then we'd have to split the stems and lay them on boards in the drying shed for about a week. then we had to tie leaves together in small bundles and hang them to smoke. I can't remember what kind of wood my uncle used, but I do remember that the smell was really nice. I used to love to see the bundles of tobacco hanging to smoke cure. I never helped after that point, so can't say what happened to it after it was cured. I think that's because he didn't want us kids around the cutter, but it could have been for other reasons. My dad smoked a pipe and he would get his tobacco from his brother. No one in the family ever died as a result of smoking, so I think maybe the chemicals they started using in commercial cigarettes has a lot to do with the cancer rate from smoking. I can't say for sure, though.

And I was always glad to go back to school and be away from all of that! The one promise I made to myself as a child and kept was that if possible, I would never sucker tobacco when I got grown. Thank goodness life has afforded me the blessing of being able to keep that promise!

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#426427 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
“I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teaching my blood whispers to me.”
&#8213; Hermann Hesse
I like it...thanks Annie!!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#426428 Dec 12, 2012
mztza wrote:
<quoted text>
out of curiosity and respect
why would anyone give honor to satan who is trying to destroy us and the world by calling themselves satans daughter?
Ask G O D. he'll know, hes the smartest person here, just ask him.....

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#426429 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
:-)
I think maybe he has spent too much time rolling on the floor laughing his ass off at the expense of others. I think it might have caused some damage!
Another one of those "life lessons"...
LOL

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426430 Dec 12, 2012
chompheads wrote:
I will bet a million dollars that science will never disprove the existence of god..by showing life after death..!! without it being on the operating table!! and not after the grave!!
Well, then science will be even with you. You can't prove he does exist. Ta da!
endtime

AOL

#426431 Dec 12, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST______

&fe ature=plcp

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426432 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi mac!
...you're religion..
Nope. He's a human. I have proof.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#426433 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You can say all of the above again!
Even worse are turkeys. My aunt and uncle raised turkeys and that's a whole different side of bird-raising. It was my job as a child to pull out the big feathers. Later, I had to pull out pin feathers. I don't know which is worse. The worst job as a child though was working the tobacco fields suckering the plants. Back breaking work even for the very young. We had to pick it every week or 10 days when my uncle said the leaves were 'prime'. Then we'd have to split the stems and lay them on boards in the drying shed for about a week. then we had to tie leaves together in small bundles and hang them to smoke. I can't remember what kind of wood my uncle used, but I do remember that the smell was really nice. I used to love to see the bundles of tobacco hanging to smoke cure. I never helped after that point, so can't say what happened to it after it was cured. I think that's because he didn't want us kids around the cutter, but it could have been for other reasons. My dad smoked a pipe and he would get his tobacco from his brother. No one in the family ever died as a result of smoking, so I think maybe the chemicals they started using in commercial cigarettes has a lot to do with the cancer rate from smoking. I can't say for sure, though.
And I was always glad to go back to school and be away from all of that! The one promise I made to myself as a child and kept was that if possible, I would never sucker tobacco when I got grown. Thank goodness life has afforded me the blessing of being able to keep that promise!
Hehe, I'd still take driving the John Deere Model A pulling the manure spreader any day. I'll never forget the putt putt sound that thing made.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426434 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
&#8213; Hermann Hesse
I like that. Thank you.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426435 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You can say all of the above again!
...and I have not plucked another chicken!

It is all great memories to have though. There was something so simple about those times. I hope that our children will be able to look back and find those memories that they hold dear. Especially those memories that taught them how to live life.

Most of all...I hope that there is someone that they look back on and remember the lessons that were taught to them...not out of a book but out of another person's life and the wisdom that the person had to share.

There were lessons in that tobacco suckering WN...I am sure that you found them and put them to use.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426436 Dec 12, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe, I'd still take driving the John Deere Model A pulling the manure spreader any day. I'll never forget the putt putt sound that thing made.
My youngest son's wife still likes to drive the old putt-putt tractor. Some of her happiest days are spent on that thing.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426437 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
...and I have not plucked another chicken!
It is all great memories to have though. There was something so simple about those times. I hope that our children will be able to look back and find those memories that they hold dear. Especially those memories that taught them how to live life.
Most of all...I hope that there is someone that they look back on and remember the lessons that were taught to them...not out of a book but out of another person's life and the wisdom that the person had to share.
There were lessons in that tobacco suckering WN...I am sure that you found them and put them to use.
Well, it was a lesson in perseverance and keeping on till the job was done. We all had X amount of rows to do. I was usually one of the first ones finished. I keep telling my grandchildren if they just go ahead and do the stuff they dislike and get it over with, then they have free time to do stuff they like. Sometimes they hear that, sometimes not.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426438 Dec 12, 2012
Time for a little Christmas spirit at this night club...

face it dumbass

Chicago, IL

#426439 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! i see this cartoon bubble of you saying this while you're rolling on the floor flaying your arms and legs and holding your breath till you turn blue:)
Your god is as fake as you are.

You creepy little piece of shit
face it dumbass

Chicago, IL

#426440 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be able to recite this along with me by now:
i may not being doing the greatest job at following Jesus, but i must say that you're doing an excellent job at being the kind of person who crucified Him and persecute His people
Your god is fake.

Face it dumbass
face it dumbass

Chicago, IL

#426441 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so don't peddle your faith/faithlesness to me and i won't peddle to you!
you start pushing your eternal extinction and 'they say' antichrist nonsense tho & i'm up in your grill faster than you can say "i got devils"!;)
I bet X is shaking in his boots. NOT. No one is afraid of a creepy piece of shit who still believes in make believe.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426443 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
Time for a little Christmas spirit at this night club...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MTYtaBIBDXAXX
Here's my Christmas wish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426444 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Here's my Christmas wish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EZXlCUNm9cgXX
I listened to some John Lennon last night.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426445 Dec 12, 2012
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
mama
you are not christian to celebrate this pagan day
are you ok ?my dear poor mama Annie,?
night club is full of alcohol, huren,criminals,gays adulters fornicators, whiskey and moon shine drinkers etc.....
there is not proper place for old mama Annie like you,and any christmas spirit?
bye mama Annie, consider dr Shrink humble advice,and follow this advice properly
Thank you for your concern shrinky dink but I am okay here...I will not participate if they start drinking and fornicating. I might be safer here than where I was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Thinking 37,619
Play "end of the word" part 2 36 min Al Capone 1,704
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min AussieBobby 44,274
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Catholic24 641,132
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,053
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr hopelost 618,329
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,323
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Anna 104,610
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aussie Kev 969,859
More from around the web