Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426384 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang you are deceitful.
You and Annie proved that you both learned nothing about candling eggs.
No, neither of us proved that.

But you have to believe it in order to feel superior. That's your whole agenda now.

And no, I didn't just learn more about candling from you than I already knew. You claim it is only for breeding purposes, which goes to show you've never had any life experience whatsoever in that area. But you will continue to think you know more than those who have because you so desperately need to do so.

I admit fully that you know quite a bit more than do I in many areas. However, breastfeeding is not one of them, nor is raising chickens by what you've said here.

Keep thinking that the world will be at a loss if you die. But there are more like you that will come along and take your place. That's the thing about life...it's expendable. All the things you have learned will be around for someone else to learn.

We pass on our knowledge to our children and grandchildren. Like I said, my Dad did not have a lot of education, but he was a brilliant man. He was humble. I never saw him come in the door that he wasn't smiling because he was happy to be with his wife and children. He was happy to share knowledge about things in everyday life in hopes of passing on working knowledge. He didn't have a degree to beat people over the head with, and wouldn't have done that even if he had.

You are missing out on life. While you learn simply so you can tell people how inferior they are, many people learn for other reasons. Some of those reasons are necessity, as in raising farm animals and planting crops. Some people learn because it means their livelihood. Some people learn simply because of their love of learning. Some people learn the spiritual lessons of everyday life, one example is Annie's story. But you will discount her spiritual learning as a way to be better than her.

I'd rather be uneducated and live life to it's fullest with the knowledge of everyday things than to be like you, striving to prove yourself to total strangers.

When you are intelligent, people know it without you having to expound on your wonderfulness. But, as you prove, education does not always equal intelligence.

I still think that someone important in your life once told you that you were stupid and you've been proving them wrong ever since. That's a lesson I learned from observing over 66 years. Also, from working with abused women and children. You'd be surprised how often an abused woman stays with her abuser simply because he reinforces what she was told as a child..that she's not smart, not worthy of love, and not of value.

I think you're suffering from the same syndrome, but of course that's just a guess. I only have two years of college and that was studying psychology. That's what I thought I wanted to do in life until I figured out that mental illness was something of which I am not emotionally equipped to deal with. That may stem from the fact that I had a normal childhood with loving parents who always encouraged me. They never hit us. They used reason and if that didn't work, we got to do all the chores we hated to do for a week.

I can't imagine what it's like to have to struggle to prove yourself to even total strangers. You see, I think you are worthwhile even if you didn't have the education you do. I think you are valued simply because you are another human being. I don't like your behavior lately, but it doesn't take away from the fact that you are a part of our human society and therefore have value.

I'd like that value to be something other than a lesson in how not to be. I've learned a great deal from you and others here over the last 5 years. Some of those lessons are simply,'I never want to be like that person, so what can I do to make sure I'm not?'.

To me, there are more important things than just education. You have to be able to live it.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426385 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies, "when you were a child" there was a lady that didn't teach you anything about eggs but imparted some kind of "wisdom" on you.
From that you, and then WN, went to telling me I don;t shit about candling or eggs. Then I proven neither of you know shit about candling or eggs and taught you more about both than either of knew in your entire lives.
So, instead of saying thank you, you continue to badger and insult me.
If that is "wisdom", it is nothing but worthless shit.
Once again...you are inserting words into my post that were not there.

1. I never said that she did not teach me the art of candling eggs. She did in fact also teach that. There was just more...

2. No where did I say that you did not know anything about candling eggs. I have not discussed the science behind the egg candling at all.

3. How could you have proved that I know nothing about candling eggs when I did not share in that discussion.

4. What I know about candling eggs I learned from those that candled their eggs for resale...long before I ever knew that you existed. If you are honest...you have no idea what I know and don't know.

5. Okay...I erased #5...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426386 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you won't be able to say we didn't try!:-)
And it seems you still aren't going to be truthful with me or others.

Where does "God" state that any religion is heresy?

Why don't you beleive Jesus?

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus or any of the remaining 7 original Apostles that didn't make it into the canon?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426387 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying again. I never said such a thing.
Yes, you did. You said that in this day and age it is unnecessary for a woman to breast feed. Same thing, G.

You call me a liar because either you don't remember what you said or because you can't admit being thoroughly beaten in that conversation. By mere women. Women who breast fed their babies on a doctor's advice. And..because they are women who wanted the best for their babies. You can't bond with a bottle. Natural immunization doesn't take place with bottle feeding. Babies sleep better when breast fed. They feel more secure when they are breast fed. As a result of that, they grow to adulthood feeling more secure. But all that flew right over your head because you read up on breast feeding, found an article that proved (to you) that you knew more about breast feeding than mothers do, and made you feel superior.

Why not, instead of trying to prove that an education is worth more than life, prove that you're a compassionate, well-adjusted human being with the ability to communicate with us heathen idiots?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#426388 Dec 12, 2012
A toast to those old people who taught us the most amazing things.

Charles Stagg was one for me. I never met Narrow Larry, but he seems to have dug Charles, too.

http://www.narrowlarry.com/nlstagg.html

"True happiness is never having to measure anything" - Stagg

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#426389 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
At the expense of others ? You are the one making a fool of yourself. I am just pointing it out and laughing.
Quite the contrary, G. How many people will look at what Annie said about learning a spiritual lesson and laugh at her? No one other than you has stepped up to that plate.

I'm not laughing at you. I really feel sorry for you that you feel the need to go to the extremes you have lately in order to prove yourself to people you don't even know. I feel sorry that you can't see the value in the experiences of others without having to try to one-up them just to prove yourself. You're not proving yourself to be superior here, D. You're proving yourself to be an insecure, desperate man. That is really the saddest part of all.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426390 Dec 12, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Compliments of It ain't Necessarily so, from a few doors down:
From Pat Condell:
"Faith-peddlers like to put themselves beyond question by claiming that their faith transcends reason, the very thing that calls it to account. How convenient. Yes, faith transcends reason the way a criminal transcends the law.
"The word "transcendent" is very popular with religious hustlers because they never have to explain precisely what they mean by it, other than some vague superior state of understanding more profound than mere reason, which is crude and simplistic next to the subtleties and profundities of belief without evidence.
"If you hear a senior clergyman (and you will) using the word “transcendent" to explain the nonsense he claims to believe, then you know two things: one: he doesn't know what he's talking about, and two: he doesn't want you to know what he's talking about either."
*snarf*
so don't peddle your faith/faithlesness to me and i won't peddle to you!

you start pushing your eternal extinction and 'they say' antichrist nonsense tho & i'm up in your grill faster than you can say "i got devils"!;)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#426391 Dec 12, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
And credentials.
Yup.

But some post theirs instead of making baseless claims.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#426392 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>No, neither of us proved that.....
Correct. Neither of proved you knew a thing about candling eggs.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#426393 Dec 12, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And it seems you still aren't going to be truthful with me or others.
Why don't you beleive Jesus?
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus or any of the remaining 7 original Apostles that didn't make it into the canon?
dude - the Bible states what's true and needs not cover every conceivable falsehood that antichrist new agers can possibly come up with. you know, the whole 'best defense is a good offense' kinda idea? how could anyone anticipate the depths of depravity and falsehood that the kingdom of darkness can come up with? we just leave you to your own destructive devices and move on to people who may love the light:)

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426394 Dec 12, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
And "Huh," and W-N. You called them Kait socks, too.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Just you, Kate.
You are either a complete idiot, a worthless liar or, most likely, both.
You are also a coward.
And that makes you a liar. But then, what else is new?

You hate strong women. Admit it.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426395 Dec 12, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
a) You didn't ask one.
b) She never has.
You are as delusional as the fundies here.
You -are- a fundie. You command everyone to believe you, just like they do. You love jesus, just like they do. You lie your ass off and seek out persecution just so you can cry about being persecuted, just like they do. So where's the difference, viking?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426396 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>....
You are no more nor no less that anyone else "G"....
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I disagree. There are many much better than I and many far worse.
You are half right; there are many much better than you.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as education and knowledge goes, there are few here that are better in many disciplines.
Your god complex is getting more out of hand with every one of your posts.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#426397 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
dude - the Bible states what's true and needs not cover every conceivable falsehood that antichrist new agers can possibly come up with. you know, the whole 'best defense is a good offense' kinda idea? how could anyone anticipate the depths of depravity and falsehood that the kingdom of darkness can come up with? we just leave you to your own destructive devices and move on to people who may love the light:)
Diversion.

DUDE - where is your honesty?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426398 Dec 12, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed what she taught me...
I also never claimed that education was useless...
If I thought education was useless...I would not have concerned myself making sure that my son received one.
"G"...all you are looking for now is a way to make me feel less than you.
He loves to tear down people who refuse to validate him and his stupid beliefs, and his alleged education. He grows more like viking every day.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#426399 Dec 12, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
A toast to those old people who taught us the most amazing things.
Charles Stagg was one for me. I never met Narrow Larry, but he seems to have dug Charles, too.
http://www.narrowlarry.com/nlstagg.html
"True happiness is never having to measure anything" - Stagg
Thanks for sharing that "X". What a legacy to leave behind!

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426400 Dec 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="A Former Liberal] wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did you raise from the dead?
<quoted text>
I don't have any sins or trespasses, since I'm not of your religion.[/QUOTE]
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Father of creation transcends all religions and He says that you do have sin.
No it doesn't; your 'father of creation' does not exist. Therefore, I have no sin. You don't get to impose your religion on me. I deny your god, and you cannot prove your god.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426401 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the Father of creation says that YOU ARE the liar
you're not going to beat Him, friend:)
There is no father of creation, so there is nothing to beat.

You think you can raise the dead; you are delusional.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#426402 Dec 12, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text> Candling eggs tells you whether to eat the egg or not, also.....
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. There is nothing wrong with eating fertilized eggs. They aren't poisonous.
So much for your "wise woman" status ,too.
It tells you whether or not there's a chick inside of it, you stupid sh*thead. Or maybe you'd prefer to eat half-developed chicks.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done too much in my life to be BSed by amateurs.
It's nice to know you consider yourself a professional BSer.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#426404 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so don't peddle your faith/faithlesness to me and i won't peddle to you!
you start pushing your eternal extinction and 'they say' antichrist nonsense tho & i'm up in your grill faster than you can say "i got devils"!;)
I'll leave you to wrestle with your demons.

You're not the boss of me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min RiversideRedneck 29,774
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Hukt on Fonix 968,870
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Rosesz 637,916
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min good advice 617,967
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min onemale 280,527
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min Freebird USA 181,944
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 45 min Classic 3,554
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 47 min good advice 43,896
More from around the web