Why I’m no longer a Christian
Huh

Arlington, TX

#426212 Dec 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
"What's your plan?"
"Hulk smash."
Me plan is to laugh at them there Christians. An endless supply of comedy gold.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#426213 Dec 11, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Strawman fail.
ROFLMAO

You don't even know what 'strawman' means.

I love the way so many of you aholes see a phrase then try to use it. Its like watching 5 year olds playing "grown ups".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426214 Dec 11, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Showing you to be the bullshitter you are is always useful.
All you show is that you are a complete imbecile.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#426215 Dec 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. All in, no chagrin.
Ask anyone.
Haha.
Mitt Romney called. He hates competition for the loser crown. He wants you to cease and desist.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426216 Dec 11, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
He's an equal-opportunity offender.
Yep. I piss off idiots regardles of their religious beliefs or lack there of.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426217 Dec 11, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>You lost me here W_N. I don't understand this. Help me out here.
She is pissed off at me so has stooped to lying.

I realll=y don;t care if anyone believes me, agrees with me or even hates me. When they have to resort to lies, all it proves to me is that I must be headed in the right direction.

I honestly think most of it is jealousy. I am an admitted ahole with a variety of handicaps that has done more and achieved more in my life than most of them could ever imagine.

Kind of like the way I don't "like" Bill Gates. Just damn jealous.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426218 Dec 11, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>....When you're the only one making a claim and _everyone_ else says that's not it,....
So when 1.5 Billion Christians tell you you are worng you should liten to them ?

ROFLMAO

You contradict yourself like Paul contradicts Jesus.

You just proved my hole point.
All you clowns you a double standard.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426220 Dec 11, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. G has gotten to the point of being .... misogynistic ....
You are a pathetic liar.

Your gender has nothing to do with my current low opinion of you and comments like that lower that opinion even further.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#426221 Dec 11, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Me plan is to laugh at them there Christians. An endless supply of comedy gold.
Well, I do draw a distinction between "Christian" and "Fundie nutter".

I like many of the former, but none of the latter.

As long as we're clear on that distinction...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426222 Dec 11, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Feelings aren't hurt "G". Why would they be?
You have taken my post out of context in order to once again tell us how smart you are. My post addressed the issue of you thinking that everyone hates you.
If anyone dislikes you "G" it would bet that it has nothing to do with how much education you have nor what your IQ is.
Sure Annie. That is why Mrs. Birdie's egg sexing shills make you an expert historian.

ROFLMAO

If you weren't threatend then why bring up such a story than as pathetic attempt to insult me, as well as every academian on the planet ?

The Borderland of Sol

#426223 Dec 11, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So when 1.5 Billion Christians tell you you are worng you should liten to them ?
ROFLMAO
"1.5 billion."

Lemme see - does that include Catholics, Mormons, snake-wigglin' Pentecostals, Southern Baptists, tongue-babbling Appalachians, Westboro Baptists, JWs, and witch-burning sub-Saharan Rice Christians?

Just asking.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#426224 Dec 11, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
HEY! no name calling!! A Clown could get his feelings hurt

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426225 Dec 11, 2012
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to repeat those same words to others... Find some new ones...
OK

Langley had confidence that his machine would fly.

Christians have confidence in their religion.

Now, explain how confidence is better than intelligince and education ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426226 Dec 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall threatening anyone....
You have a short memory.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426227 Dec 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Lies". Hmm, lemme think...
Oh, yes - who did I threaten again? And when was that?
A couple weeks ago when I said you were "playing hero" for WN. You said somethign along the lines of "that's it I am going to show you..."

Yup. You got quite pissed off. As mellow as you usually are, I must have a truth button.

You are also always talking about your firearms. Veiled threats are still threats. Not that I think you would be insane enought to carry them out but a threat is a statement, not an act.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426228 Dec 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Let's strike a flint, and see."
There's the veiled threats I am talking about !

Thanks!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#426229 Dec 11, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
It was excellent work.
Yes, it is.

His blog is so much better than his current Topix persona.
Sherlayne

Sparta, NJ

#426230 Dec 11, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Three
Then it hit me: We were moving around the congregation as if someone were taking role, and we were not leaving anyone out. More and more of them had begun to turn their attention toward me, wide-eyed and expectant. Any minute now it was going to be my turn and I would be expected to offer my personal testimony. What was I going to say?
My options, it seemed to me, were as follows:
1. Come clean with everyone and confess my innermost doubts, to admit that I had searched diligently but in vain over the years for some evidence of an impact that Jesus had had upon my life. Or
2. Make something up. I could, I was certain, blather something about a luminous presence, something affecting every aspect of my life and making it better. In short, I could lie.
Lying seemed the easiest solution, and it tempted me. But it occurred to me – to whom would I be lying? Jesus? Am I honestly contemplating an attempt to con Jesus?
Then I thought, Who is it that I’ve been deceiving for the last ten years with this elaborate pretense, sitting here in this church? Who am I fooling? Jesus? God? My family? The congregation?
Myself?
The witnessing continued and the population of remaining, un-testified Christians was dwindling by the minute. I was going to have to reach a decision and very soon. I sensed that the choice I was about to make was going to influence the rest of my life, and I was at once relieved and energized to have reached a culmination and resentful that I was being compelled to reach it hurriedly, in a public forum.
My time was running out. What was I going to do?
You have clearly and eloquently described the way I've felt for years and my attitude toward the RC church; not to mention the same wonderful sense of freedom that washed over me when I decided to be as honest with myself and about my innermost beliefs as I could be. All those previous years I'd been living a lie, chiefly lying to MYSELF all because I thought the clergy had access to privileged info that we "ignorant lay people" were not holy enough to know. This current pope, by his election, shows the Catholic contempt towards Jews, for one thing. And a homosexual's worst nightmare is the Catholic Church. Certain people are born gay or bi - so get over it and give them the same respect and rights as straight people. Many homophobes are so hateful and stupid that they believe AIDS is a punishment for gays/lesbians! I've never heard such ignorance! If that WERE true, and it's NOT - why do some children develop terminal illnesses? None of it makes any sense, the RCC doesn't make any sense, okay, I admit there are some good things about it, as in most mainstream religions.

The Borderland of Sol

#426231 Dec 11, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a short memory.
My memory's actually fairly tall.

Now, where did I threaten anyone, please?
Huh

Arlington, TX

#426232 Dec 11, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I do draw a distinction between "Christian" and "Fundie nutter".
I like many of the former, but none of the latter.
As long as we're clear on that distinction...
Yet, 6 of one...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 51,697
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Tellthetruth 991,930
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Michael 693,160
when will i be able to dip after wisdom teeth r... (Jan '13) 48 min bigLips 27
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 1 hr They eat people 81
Glass and blood in hotel was O.J. trying to set... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,469
More from around the web