|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>G, I could say the same to you. You appear to take the Jewish writings above history and almost everything else.....
Wrogn again. I do not say the Hebrew Scriptures are accurate nor historical accounts.

They are simply documents of a tradition that is at least 2500 years 0ld and said documents have been virtually unchanged for at least 2200 years. The Dea Sea Scrolls attest to that.

I simply try to correlate Jesus with the Hebrew Scriptures. In doing so I have found that what the living Jesus taught is not inconsistent with Judaism and further, that Jesus and John the Baptist parallel Leviticus 16 without any resort to apologetics.

However, it is my professional opinion that the Jesus was a Jewsih convert that taught reform Judaism, believed He was the Messiah and that his message had nothing to do with anything the Roman cult circa 325AD believed.

Feel free to consult another professional.
Getting a second opinion is a Jewish axiom. LOL

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, my kidding and my smarter.
I love them both.
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.

What you wanna bet that will go flying over his/her head like a jet?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, you've reached the offices of Xcntrik Enterprises.
We're not entertaining strawmen arguments at this time.
Please feel free to call back at any time.
No staw man. I posed a question to you.

Why do you accept political documents as facts but relegate what you consider religious ones as false ?

Is the medieval manuscript of Gallic Wars unbiased, factual or even the work of Julius Caesar ?
Even if we assume it is Caesar's and miraculously preserved perfectly for 1000 years, was Caesar unbiased, factual and perfectly honest and accurate ?

Let us skip to modern history. Only the Warren Report is unbiased, valid and true, right ? It is the only "real history", right ?

You are being disingenious, X.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. SURE it is....
You can claim to be anydamnthing you like on the 'net. Did you by any chance "graduate" from Falwell's Liberty University?
My credentials have been posted here. I got a lot of shit for doing so.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
"G_O_D" keeps dragging out crap that is based on more crap in order to validate his ultimate crap...
Nope, I didn't drag you or try to validate you at all but yes, you are the ultimat in crap.

Maybe some day you will contribute more than pathetic isults on this thread.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hannibal whether he exists or not, does not claim to be a deity who wishes to communicate with me and has left his message to me in his non-existent histories....
Nethier did Jesus.

Like most Christians, you confuse Paul with Jesus.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I did that a couple of years ago. Weren't you paying attention?
http://xcntrik.wordpress.com/much-ado-about-s...
liar

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Keanu Is Hot wrote:
<quoted text> Who are you to judge someone as evil?
T-Town Clown

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
there was a man, who performed many miracles over a large area, in the site of many persons, and over a period of years. No one thought to report any of these supernatural events for several decades, and then a continuous improvement can be seen in the reporting, almost as if it were mythology.
jesus
oh and
this person is the ___GOD_____ of the universe , but cannot manage a cogent report be kept.
god damn but do you have a god need
you have a god need
When did I ever say I thought Jesus was God ?

In fact, when did I say I believed in any supernatural being ?

How can you argue the past when you can't get the facts of the events you recently participated in correct ?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ever say I thought Jesus was God ?
In fact, when did I say I believed in any supernatural being ?
How can you argue the past when you can't get the facts of the events you recently participated in correct ?
Jesus is GOD

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Jesus Christ (Messiah) is the Lord who came down from heaven (1 Corinthians 15:47), and He is the only one who was SINLESS. His BLOOD alone can ATONE for the SINS of any man or woman in the world. This same JESUS rose from the DEAD, and HE defeated DEATH for us. His resurrection PROVED that he was the SINLESS son of God

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.(Mark 16:15-16)

If Jesus Christ declared that the unbelievers would be DAMNED, then you can take Him at His own word! Do not make Jesus Christ a liar! Jesus also made it clear that YOU must be born again!

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.(John 3:6-7)

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.
What you wanna bet that will go flying over his/her head like a jet?
Hi, Water_nymph. I enjoy your discussions with poor old victimized Skombolis.

Now he'll accuse me of being obsessed with him.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>... The problem with the alleged "historical" gospels is NOT that they were written so long after the fact, but that they claim to be based on eyewitness accounts.
...The existence of Alexander does not depend on the story, nor are the accounts intended to serve to deify the man.
The gospels, on the other hand, DO depend on the alleged veracity of the eyewitness accounts - thus the importance in questioning their autograph.
1. They do not themselves claim to be eyewitnesses, Luke/Acts even makes the statement that his work is a collection of stories told ex post facto.
You are mistaking Christain claims for what the docements actually do or do not say.
2. That is debatable:
"Some believe he implied he was a demigod by actively using the title "Son of Ammon–Zeus". The title was bestowed upon him by Egyptian priests of the god Ammon at the Oracle of the god at the Siwah oasis in the Libyan Desert."
Not the least of the many extraordinary facts about Alexander is that both in his lifetime and after his death he was worshipped as a god, by Greeks and Ancient Macedonians as well as, for example, Egyptians (to whom he was Pharaoh). The episode that led to Callisthenes' death in 327 was connected to this fact. Greeks and Ancient Macedonians believed that formal obeisance should be paid only to gods. So the refusal of his Greek and Macedonian courtiers to pay it to Alexander implied that they, at any rate, did not believe he genuinely was a living god, at least not in the same sense as Zeus or Dionysus were. Alexander, regardless, did nothing to discourage the view that he really was divine. His claim to divine birth, not merely divine descent, was part of a total self-promotional package, which included the striking of silver medallions in India depicting him with the attributes of Zeus. Through sheer force of personality and magnitude of achievement he won over large numbers of ordinary Greeks and Macedonians to share this view of himself, and to act on it by devoting shrines to his cult."
Cartledge, Paul (2004). "Alexander the Great". History Today
3. The texts themselves don't, Christians do.
Most of the texts do not deify Jesus at all.
Some people think L. Ron Hubbards science fiction books are eyewitness accounts, too.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
That'll keep 'em all busy;)
How ya doing my friend, get the Tmail?
Yes, Thanks.

Will reply after a bit of research.
Anonymous

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks growing up would beget an adult who would know that there are no god-beings to talk to that would tell you things.
Apparently there are exceptions that need mental health evaluations.
You are certainly at the top of the list. Have you told a professional health person that you talk to a god-being...really??
I'm surprised it took so long for someone to answer. I was waiting.. By your response it shows how little you know about faith, and the world for that matter.. How very sad. The only mental illness here is the one I'm responding too... God is soooooooooo amazing. Yes, he talks to me... don't care if you believe, or make fun. I am empowered by God's Almighty 'Holy Spirit". You have already lost...:) Tell you what Wiggle man... I'm going to start praying in the spirit for you day, and night ...starting tonight... I will check back to see how your doing..

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
....For a "professional historian and archaeologist," you certainly know very little about either, outside of your own confirmation bias.
Aaaawwwwwe. Kate learned another word... she has no clue what it means though.

Poor pathetic creature. You can barely match wits with a parrot.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is GOD
Then the Bible is a book of lies.

Mark 10:18
New International Version (NIV)
18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered.“No one is good—except God alone.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

T-Town Clown wrote:
Jesus Christ (Messiah) is the Lord who came down from heaven (1 Corinthians 15:47), and He is the only one who was SINLESS. His BLOOD alone can ATONE for the SINS of any man or woman in the world. This same JESUS rose from the DEAD, and HE defeated DEATH for us. His resurrection PROVED that he was the SINLESS son of God
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.(Mark 16:15-16)
If Jesus Christ declared that the unbelievers would be DAMNED, then you can take Him at His own word! Do not make Jesus Christ a liar! Jesus also made it clear that YOU must be born again!
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.(John 3:6-7)
Typical born-again Bible Babble.

See why I am no longer a Christian? Who wants to listen to this nonsense?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No staw man. I posed a question to you.

Why do you >>accept political documents as facts<< but >>relegate what you consider religious ones as false<< ?
Hello, thank you for calling Xcntrik Enterprises.

We're not accepting strawmen arguments at this time.

Please feel free to call back at any time.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it was. I'm still reeling with it.
I think it deserves a replay:
<quoted text>
What else is there to say?
That would seem to say it all, yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 402,321 - 402,340 of440,796
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

418 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Holy dr Shrink 598,802
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,517
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 255,755
Dan Gilbert OUTCLASSED by Dwayne Wade 5 min Doctor REALITY 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Hidingfromyou 530,320
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 93,246
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min River Tam 717,079
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min TheBlackSheep 223,279
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••