Nevaeh

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#425894 Dec 10, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I offer on-the-sled financing.
I also accept reindeer food as payment. Petsmart never f_cking has it anymore.
st

How about some 'Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies?" :)
Nevaeh

#425895 Dec 10, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's who's been spitting pumpkin seed husks all over my wood floors. Bloody bastard!
At least you have a sense of humor...
Nevaeh

#425896 Dec 10, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it was. I'm still reeling with it.
I think it deserves a replay:
<quoted text>
What else is there to say?
Your kidding right? D, I think your smarter than believing that...

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#425897 Dec 10, 2012
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>st
How about some 'Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies?" :)
Let me ask Rudolph.

He's the union representative.

He's blinking morse code: "Chocolate gives gas. Ask for Apple Jacks."
Nevaeh

#425898 Dec 10, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Oooh, scawy. Of course I laugh at you. Your mindless revenge scenarios are childish and ridiculous. Grow up. 1563 CE called. They want their superstitions back
God told me that the wicked and the evil wont get it... I think you fall into that category. I could call you names too, but you wouldn't get that either... maybe you should grow up..:)

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#425899 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I have a problem with swapping in different criteria to prove their case.
If you discount the Gospels as historical documents because they were written decades after the alleged events occured then you have to sicount almost every historical document as they are almost all medival products. I used Caesar only as an example, there are thousands.
You can disagree with me all you want, I don;t mind. It is when you play games like the above that I get disgruntled.
Well God forbid that G_O_D might be disgruntled by the little peoples with whom he's forced to share space.

If someone has "discounted the gospels" citing their dating as the sole reason, with no further arguments fleshing out the objection, then yes, that would be somewhat weak.

I can't say I saw someone do that. Did you, or did you just leap onto a thin slice of a long ongoing discussion and use it to springboard yet another bit of obnoxious pedantry?

Your erudition is oftentimes interesting, and informative. A modicum of civility and no small amount of humility would be a welcome addition to your repertoire.

The dating of the written sources is an important, but uncritical, portion of the overall denouement. It is merely another criticism. The problem with the alleged "historical" gospels is NOT that they were written so long after the fact, but that they claim to be based on eyewitness accounts. This is not a vital component in general of the histories of Caesar, etc. Those instances in which they appear - say, the story of Alexander and the Gordian Knot, for instance - are seen by >most< readers as anecdotal and apocryphal, and it matters little whether it was written immediately or 1000 years later. The existence of Alexander does not depend on the story, nor are the accounts intended to serve to deify the man. The gospels, on the other hand, DO depend on the alleged veracity of the eyewitness accounts - thus the importance in questioning their autograph.
Nevaeh

#425900 Dec 10, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask Rudolph.
He's the union representative.
He's blinking morse code: "Chocolate gives gas. Ask for Apple Jacks."
Apple Jacks have too much sugar..

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#425901 Dec 10, 2012
A Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for your "proof" of satan. You -can- prove your satan, can't you?
you can't disprove satan can you???

CHECKMATE

Clown on the side grinning

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425902 Dec 10, 2012
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.(John 8:24)

GET SAVED

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#425903 Dec 10, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you can't disprove satan can you???
CHECKMATE
Clown on the side grinning
only the jester, with humor, is allowed to dishonor the king,

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425904 Dec 10, 2012
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.(John 3:36)

The believer has everlasting life IN Jesus Christ BUT the unbeliever has the wrath of God upon them! Why? Because they are still DEAD in their sins without Christ!

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:(Romans 5:12)

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:(Romans 3:10)

GET SAVED EVIL ONES

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#425905 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! no - i'm openly claiming that you're a murderer, a thief and adulterer at heart:)
Then I'm claiming you are a liar.

Now back to the subject at hand...turn yourself in and pay the price for the murder/murders you made claim to.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425906 Dec 10, 2012
Jesus rose from the dead He encouraged His disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world. Jesus told them that the believers would be saved and the unbelievers would be damned.(Matthew 16:15-16) What does it mean to be DAMNED according to Jesus Christ? Listen to Him for yourself!

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?(Matthew 23:33)

GET SAVED

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425907 Dec 10, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
only the jester, with humor, is allowed to dishonor the king,
goofy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425908 Dec 10, 2012
The Bible talks about the spirit of anti-Christ and it is very clear that the people of Israel, would fall into that class should they continue to reject the truth that Jesus Christ is indeed the prophesied Messiah, and obviously our creator and Saviour.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.(1 John 2:22)

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.(1 John 4:3)

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.(2 John 1:7)

GET SAVED

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425909 Dec 10, 2012
T-Town Clown rides off in the sunset grinning

OH VICTORY IN JESUS

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#425910 Dec 10, 2012
I'm not a Christian anymore because I hate fucktard clowns who tell people what to do.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#425911 Dec 10, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
T-Town Clown rides off in the sunset
Can we count on this?
T-Town Clown wrote:
grinning OH VICTORY IN JESUS
How very Christian of you.

:)

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#425912 Dec 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Does it make you feel really, really special to think that you have God within you and others don't? Do you feel better than others because of your beliefs? Have you ever once thought that if your God is the all knowing creator you claim him to be that he either made everyone just as he wanted them, as the Bible says he knows each of us from before the foundations of the earth? If he knows each of us before we are created, then he already knows what each person will do. Therefore, if he knew that up front and created a hell for those who he wasn't going to like, what kind of evil is that?
None of you ever stop and think anything through. Your own religion voids itself out. But you need to think you won't die, so you'll pretend not to have any questions. That's immoral and unethical.
Yes, we are all special. I respect someone that says they do not have a God, they don't believe. From there they complete their own mythology. While i do believe in evolution, this we were tree dwelling primates thing. My feet bones as well as my physical strength makes this "mythology" to me. The road from single cell to where we are now, should be viewed with an open mind. Your beliefs are part of you.
No it's not evil. People knowing themselves, thoughts are faulted and perhaps evil. Thoughts being part of your existence, imo, that is undeniable. You are only seeing it with the negative labels because your ego is dominating. Your soul is perfect in it's spiritual form, and between life. My explanation for the atheist is life in the Universe may be generating so quickly, the souls are not available. You know my car has a soul too. A soulless human, as I said if the person says so. I believe that is respect for that person. I'd study it, but they don't take kindly to it. Therefore it doesn't happen as it should. As I mentioned here. One word Atheist, does not fit how broad the topic is. I think there should be 6-10 different words for these sorts of people. It's why they flip flop so often towards agnostic.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#425913 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you consider religious propaganda as less "historical" than political propoganda (which is exactly what most of the documents are)?
Is the medieval copy of Gallic Wars more reliable than the 2nd cent. Gospel of Thmoas ? If so, why ?
Was the person who wrote Caesar's alleged memoirs above reproach ?
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon." - Napoleon Bonaparte

That'll keep 'em all busy;)

How ya doing my friend, get the Tmail?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 543,043
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 32 min i know 9
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min curiouslu 740,070
Iranian teens convicted for making "happy video" 1 hr maid angela 2
virgin taker (Apr '13) 1 hr bouks 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 259,654
shytown 2 hr Baytown 1
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr HipGnosis 173,812
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 227,740

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••