“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#425837 Dec 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to argue with you G. I have the right to my opinion just as you do.
I'm sorry that you think I'm being dishonest, as you said earlier.....
I am not arguing your opinion. I am arguing your flawed and biased methodology.

Apply the same standards across the board is all I ask of anyone.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#425838 Dec 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Or says that something Paul said were the words of Jesus. I've caught him at that many times.
Well, it's what Jesus would have said if he hadn't died before he had a chance to say what he _really_ meant.
That is the big problem that few will face.

Their deity walked the Earth for 30 years but had to wait until he was dead to explain everything to a couple of clueless Greeks.

Makes no sense at all unless said deity was a clueles twit, too.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#425839 Dec 10, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Child labor law violation!
They are all at least 18 elf years old.

That's like 345 in human years.

If anything, they're taking advantage of me.

Why am I the one who has to travel the entire world in one night and stuff my fatass down chimneys carrying a bag that weighs 50 metric tons, while they are just tinkering in their little climate controlled workshop sipping on eggnog and eating gingerbread strippers?

Yeah, they make gingerbread strippers with little chocolate chip pasties.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425840 Dec 10, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The churches have no confidence in each other. Why? Because they are acquainted with each other.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, quoted from the book Ingersoll the Magnificent, edited by Joseph Lewis, which does not cite references
The ministers are in duty bound to denounce all intellectual pride, and show that we are never quite so dear to God as when we admit that we are poor, corrupt and idiotic worms; that we never should have been born; that we ought to be damned without the least delay.... The old creed is still taught. They still insist that God is infinitely wise, powerful and good, and that all men are totally depraved. They insist that the best man god ever made, deserved to be damned the moment he was finished.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Some Mistakes of Moses" (1879)
what does all this hafta do with you having a nice ass?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425841 Dec 10, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all at least 18 elf years old.
That's like 345 in human years.
If anything, they're taking advantage of me.
Why am I the one who has to travel the entire world in one night and stuff my fatass down chimneys carrying a bag that weighs 50 metric tons, while they are just tinkering in their little climate controlled workshop sipping on eggnog and eating gingerbread strippers?
Yeah, they make gingerbread strippers with little chocolate chip pasties.
Wouldn't it be easier just to pay off our credit cards in January?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425842 Dec 10, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Every pulpit is a pillory, in which stands a hired culprit, defending the justice of his own imprisonment.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Individuality" (1873)
it's all 'they say' stuff, hon.

come with me if you want to live - waaasssuuup 12/10/2012
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425843 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what does all this hafta do with you having a nice ass?
What do you have to do with sentience? Your misogyny does not alarm me. I expect it. You are the definition of depravity, which is why you are attract tend to the religion of the depraved. I am in a long line of women that you will never have, and who look down upon you with disgust and derision, and I know one day you will be someone's little boy toy in prison. Enjoy.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425844 Dec 10, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The old lady who said there must be a devil, else how could they make pictures that looked exactly like him, reasoned like a trained theologian -- like a doctor of divinity.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, from "Superstition" (1898)
i'm guessing that 'bobby' the greenhorn ingnoramisoll wishes he were in your shoes right now so he could repent and believe on Jesus
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425845 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the big problem that few will face.
Their deity walked the Earth for 30 years but had to wait until he was dead to explain everything to a couple of clueless Greeks.
Makes no sense at all unless said deity was a clueles twit, too.
And yet not one table, bookcase, or even a chair from the Jesus line.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425846 Dec 10, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed it was. I'm still reeling with it.
I think it deserves a replay:
<quoted text>
What else is there to say?
I used to think that no one could be that idiotic. I thought they were just horsing around. Turns out they're serious. If that doesn't scare you, nothing will.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425847 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would sooner seek out a mad dog than you.
Ditto.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#425848 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Sadly it is almost as common in academia as the church.
Look up.

You missed something.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425849 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not arguing your opinion. I am arguing your flawed and biased methodology.
Apply the same standards across the board is all I ask of anyone.
G, I could say the same to you. You appear to take the Jewish writings above history and almost everything else. But I don't call you dishonest or flawed due to that.

Maybe you could work on your presentation skills.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#425850 Dec 10, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't it be easier just to pay off our credit cards in January?
I offer on-the-sled financing.

I also accept reindeer food as payment. Petsmart never f_cking has it anymore.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425851 Dec 10, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I offer on-the-sled financing.
I also accept reindeer food as payment. Petsmart never f_cking has it anymore.
That's because the Texans buy it all by cheat hunting the Cheney way.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425852 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm guessing that 'bobby' the greenhorn ingnoramisoll wishes he were in your shoes right now so he could repent and believe on Jesus
Nah.

The orthodox faith painted God as a revengeful being, and yet people talk about loving such a being.
-- P T Barnum, from Rufus K Noyes, Views of Religion, quoted from James A Haught, ed, 2000 Years of Disbelief

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#425853 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you consider religious propaganda as less "historical" than political propoganda (which is exactly what most of the documents are)?
Hello, you've reached the offices of Xcntrik Enterprises.

We're not entertaining strawmen arguments at this time.

Please feel free to call back at any time.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425854 Dec 10, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I offer on-the-sled financing.
I also accept reindeer food as payment. Petsmart never f_cking has it anymore.
On-the-sled financing has a 32% interest rate so I stopped using it.

But the reindeer food I can get at Tractor Supply. Whatcha got in trade?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425855 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all 'they say' stuff, hon.
come with me if you want to live - waaasssuuup 12/10/2012
I don't go to mythical places with strange men.
-- Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (1988), quoted from Encarta Book of Quotations (1999)

If I went anywhere with you, you'd end up even more sackless than you are now.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425856 Dec 10, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Magnificent.
Just effing magnificent.
He was amazing. A true man of the Enlightenment. 10,000 people at a time would go see him speak, mostly theists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 2 min Roxie Darling 4,643
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,562
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 14 min Non _cents 1,373
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 17 min Roxie Darling 1,052
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Charlie Sheen 269,088
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 32 min Jon 29
Mom's that have fantasized about doing somethin... 39 min Jon 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Seentheotherside 574,467
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Seentheotherside 608,281
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 11 hr perfect massage r... 206
More from around the web