The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

PDN Case Lam wrote:
PDN CASE introduces new Ostrich iPhone 5 flip case. This unique stylish ostrich fashion case is hand made with premium PU leather. We applied a hard plastic case to protect the iPhone and securely keep it attach to the wallet. This case allows open and full access to all the control buttons and ports even with the case is on including the camera. This PDN CASE ostrich flip case gives your iPhone 5 a spectacular look while protecting your iPhone 5 in an optimal manner at the same time. This case is sold exclusively at our amazon USA store www.amazon.com/pdnair and PDN CASE痴 official site www.pdncase.com
http://pdncase.com/product-pics/iPhone5/0608/...
http://pdncase.com/product-pics/iPhone5/0615/...
http://pdncase.com/product-pics/iPhone5/0622/...
http://pdncase.com/product-pics/iPhone5/0639/...
http://pdncase.com/product-pics/iPhone5/0615/...
http://pdncase.com/product-pics/iPhone5/0646/...
http://pdncase.com/product-pics/iPhone5/0653/...
TOS violation.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, thanks anyway... I've already had to throw him out of my house a few times this year. "In the name of Jesus".
Why is "In Jesus name" OK but "For Christ's sake" considered cursing ?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Im large down there
.. do you want me to return that size 6 men's shoe you sent me some years back ??..
The Truth

Snow Camp, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>TOS violation.
POS violation.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is "In Jesus name" OK but "For Christ's sake" considered cursing ?
Interesting question. I think it's all in the tone of voice:

Solemn and sanctimonious = OK.

Animated or impatient = Not OK.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there is the proof he was resurrected and is God.
Empty tomb and you saw him afterwards.
Hannibal saves!
And in todays economy, that's a miracle!
There's a little place in a town nearby that used to have a little cafe. Each morning they'd post the special on their sign. It would always read:

Jesus saves sausage biscuits .99.

I wish they were still there and that Jesus would save me one for $.99!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus' and Matthew's executions are recorded in the Talmud.
No resurrection though. <smile>
I'm not all that familiar with the Talmud, but since it was written from 200CE to 500CE, I don't see that as any more reliable than the gospels. Sorry.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, thanks anyway... I've already had to throw him out of my house a few times this year. "In the name of Jesus".
he is the source of your confusion, grow up

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>TOS violation.
errrrrhhhhhhhhhhh

then why give it another free opportunity?

you might have clipped most of it?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The change is positional. From positional enemies to positional peace with God. It does not necessarly require dramatic change in personality. If i look over my life in the past year things have improved dramatically.
I would say you can have high expectations of other people in general and Christians but in the process serenity is forfeited. I like a qoute from Alcoholics Anonymous book involving a Professor in the personal stories section. His serenity is directly proportional to his acceptance and inverse proportion to his expectations of other people. Most Christians are very decent people. I know! They put up with me. Done all they could to help me, again and again. Came to see me in jail. These are busy people. PH.Ds, People in business. So your perception of Christians and mine are dramatically different. I had to get to know them and they me. Knowledge is a windbag and love is a builder.
According to your Bible, it does require a dramatic personal change.

Ephesians 4:20-24
New International Version (NIV)
20 That, however, is not the way of life you learned 21 when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

It's amazing to me how many of the teachings of the Bible Christians overlook just because they don't want to follow them.

'put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.'

That says that you do have to make a drastic change. Yet none of the fundies here obey that AT ALL.

You want everyone who is not a Christian to obey the rules of the Bible that you totally ignore. Are you surprised that we think those rules have done nothing for you and therefore see no reason to join you?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your hatred has no limits, neither does the time and horror of your impending residence in Hell.
If you're having a religigasm while thinking of me burning in hell, at least have the courtesy to imagine me with clothes on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
he is the source of your confusion, grow up
I have responded to a response, rather than the post, to which I wished to respond

my apologies

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan doesn't exist according to Kaitlin. I will consider her a hypocrite if she doesn't jump your case for claiming that Satan exists. I will consider you also a hypocrite simply because you associate with her.
And we'll all still consider you a Jackass for Jesus who doesn't believe that personal change is part of the package of being 'saved'. It's supposed to happen immediately upon baptism. As the dove lit on Jesus shoulder to show the holy spirit descended at the time of baptism, so should you have had such an experience. But it's evident that nobody informed you correctly about what you were doing and the change that was supposed to take place at that time.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up.
What dat?
It's a raspberry.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Don't be so naive... I could tell you things about Satan that would have you running back to mommy. You wouldn't believe me anyway, so I don't... Just know... He is very real... N
I hope your doctor has you medicated.

All of this stuff is in your mind and nowhere else.

It's a shame that someone convinced you it is real when in reality you cooked it up for yourself. Why do people scare themselves?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not all that familiar with the Talmud, but since it was written from 200CE to 500CE, I don't see that as any more reliable than the gospels. Sorry.
By that standard, Caesar's Gallic Wars is useless because the earliest it was written down was 1000 AD.

If one changes the standards on a case by case basis then you are being dishonest.
This is my major problem with people on both sides of the aisle.

The same criteria that Christians use to "prove" their case also proves the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, etc. cases as well.
The smae criteria that non-christians use to "disprove" Christianity "disproves" most of human history.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you want me to return that size 6 men's shoe you sent me some years back ??..
Hey happy!!! good to see ya luv

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
By that standard, Caesar's Gallic Wars is useless because the earliest it was written down was 1000 AD.
If one changes the standards on a case by case basis then you are being dishonest.
This is my major problem with people on both sides of the aisle.
The same criteria that Christians use to "prove" their case also proves the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, etc. cases as well.
The smae criteria that non-christians use to "disprove" Christianity "disproves" most of human history.
There are other mitigating factors. Julius Caesar had coins printed with his image on them while he reigned. He also issued coins with images of elephants on them. Though they are rare, there are a few even now.

I did not change the standards. When there is only one source for evidence, then I question it. There is enough evidence (for me) to believe that an itinerant Rabbi who is now known as Jesus lived and taught the Jews in a small area. There is also enough evidence for me to believe that he had a group of devoted followers. There is no contemporary evidence, however. There are only mentions of him by those who wrote decades after his death.

Jesus had no one write about him during the time he lived. There are no coins, no icons, no steles, nothing else that is a record of his having lived. Very precious few writings about the Christians...never mentioning Jesus at all...were written outside the Christian texts. All of them were late and third or fourth hand.

I know that you have a problem with people opposing your view point. That is not a consideration for me when I am looking at something on an evidential basis. That is not dishonest. I require the same evidence for Julius Caesar that I do Jesus. The fact is that there is more evidence for Caesar than there is for Jesus.

Religious documents written 200 years after the fact are the same as gospels written 200 years after the fact. They are inside religion. This goes right back to saying the religious teachings are true because they say they are true, a tactic you have argued against in the past.

There are many ways in which I judge evidence. One of them is the result of someone having actually lived. That is a historical way to go about looking at evidence, however slim it may be. It is one of the ways I determined for myself that Jesus probably lived and taught.

Midrash can be summed up as 'explanations', the same way apologetics can be summed up as 'explanations'. Since I haven't read the particular portion to which you refer, I don't know exactly what it says and in what context it is written. So I won't argue that it's not there or that it is misinterpreted, because I don't know. What I can say is that an explanation that Jesus died (no mention of resurrection) is probably a remark in connection to the Christian's beliefs. Else, it would not be there as the Jews did not believe he was the prophesied Messiah.

I know you think people who don't look at things exactly as you do are dishonest. I really think that is rather unfair of you, but I can't change the way you feel and won't try. Just know that on my part it has no dishonesty attached to it.
The Truth

Estill Springs, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I hurt.
The Truth

Estill Springs, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Get it?

The Truth hurts!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

442 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Regina 533,545
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 4 min Alice 0563303677 19
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 224,604
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 172,541
GMO foods and you! 15 min andet1987 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min thewordofme 722,095
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 18 min Fun today 428
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 59 min ThatOneBand 115,592
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aura Mytha 256,958
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000