Comments
402,061 - 402,080 of 441,187 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425707 Dec 10, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your hatred has no limits, neither does the time and horror of your impending residence in Hell.
If you're having a religigasm while thinking of me burning in hell, at least have the courtesy to imagine me with clothes on.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#425708 Dec 10, 2012
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's okay, thanks anyway... I've already had to throw him out of my house a few times this year. "In the name of Jesus".
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
he is the source of your confusion, grow up
I have responded to a response, rather than the post, to which I wished to respond

my apologies

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425709 Dec 10, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan doesn't exist according to Kaitlin. I will consider her a hypocrite if she doesn't jump your case for claiming that Satan exists. I will consider you also a hypocrite simply because you associate with her.
And we'll all still consider you a Jackass for Jesus who doesn't believe that personal change is part of the package of being 'saved'. It's supposed to happen immediately upon baptism. As the dove lit on Jesus shoulder to show the holy spirit descended at the time of baptism, so should you have had such an experience. But it's evident that nobody informed you correctly about what you were doing and the change that was supposed to take place at that time.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425710 Dec 10, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I give up.
What dat?
It's a raspberry.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425711 Dec 10, 2012
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Don't be so naive... I could tell you things about Satan that would have you running back to mommy. You wouldn't believe me anyway, so I don't... Just know... He is very real... N
I hope your doctor has you medicated.

All of this stuff is in your mind and nowhere else.

It's a shame that someone convinced you it is real when in reality you cooked it up for yourself. Why do people scare themselves?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#425712 Dec 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not all that familiar with the Talmud, but since it was written from 200CE to 500CE, I don't see that as any more reliable than the gospels. Sorry.
By that standard, Caesar's Gallic Wars is useless because the earliest it was written down was 1000 AD.

If one changes the standards on a case by case basis then you are being dishonest.
This is my major problem with people on both sides of the aisle.

The same criteria that Christians use to "prove" their case also proves the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, etc. cases as well.
The smae criteria that non-christians use to "disprove" Christianity "disproves" most of human history.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#425713 Dec 10, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you want me to return that size 6 men's shoe you sent me some years back ??..
Hey happy!!! good to see ya luv

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425714 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
By that standard, Caesar's Gallic Wars is useless because the earliest it was written down was 1000 AD.
If one changes the standards on a case by case basis then you are being dishonest.
This is my major problem with people on both sides of the aisle.
The same criteria that Christians use to "prove" their case also proves the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, etc. cases as well.
The smae criteria that non-christians use to "disprove" Christianity "disproves" most of human history.
There are other mitigating factors. Julius Caesar had coins printed with his image on them while he reigned. He also issued coins with images of elephants on them. Though they are rare, there are a few even now.

I did not change the standards. When there is only one source for evidence, then I question it. There is enough evidence (for me) to believe that an itinerant Rabbi who is now known as Jesus lived and taught the Jews in a small area. There is also enough evidence for me to believe that he had a group of devoted followers. There is no contemporary evidence, however. There are only mentions of him by those who wrote decades after his death.

Jesus had no one write about him during the time he lived. There are no coins, no icons, no steles, nothing else that is a record of his having lived. Very precious few writings about the Christians...never mentioning Jesus at all...were written outside the Christian texts. All of them were late and third or fourth hand.

I know that you have a problem with people opposing your view point. That is not a consideration for me when I am looking at something on an evidential basis. That is not dishonest. I require the same evidence for Julius Caesar that I do Jesus. The fact is that there is more evidence for Caesar than there is for Jesus.

Religious documents written 200 years after the fact are the same as gospels written 200 years after the fact. They are inside religion. This goes right back to saying the religious teachings are true because they say they are true, a tactic you have argued against in the past.

There are many ways in which I judge evidence. One of them is the result of someone having actually lived. That is a historical way to go about looking at evidence, however slim it may be. It is one of the ways I determined for myself that Jesus probably lived and taught.

Midrash can be summed up as 'explanations', the same way apologetics can be summed up as 'explanations'. Since I haven't read the particular portion to which you refer, I don't know exactly what it says and in what context it is written. So I won't argue that it's not there or that it is misinterpreted, because I don't know. What I can say is that an explanation that Jesus died (no mention of resurrection) is probably a remark in connection to the Christian's beliefs. Else, it would not be there as the Jews did not believe he was the prophesied Messiah.

I know you think people who don't look at things exactly as you do are dishonest. I really think that is rather unfair of you, but I can't change the way you feel and won't try. Just know that on my part it has no dishonesty attached to it.
The Truth

Winchester, TN

#425715 Dec 10, 2012
I hurt.
The Truth

Winchester, TN

#425716 Dec 10, 2012
Get it?

The Truth hurts!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425717 Dec 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There are other mitigating factors. Julius Caesar had coins printed with his image on them while he reigned. He also issued coins with images of elephants on them. Though they are rare, there are a few even now.
I did not change the standards. When there is only one source for evidence, then I question it....
There is also coins with pictures of Jupiter, Zeus, Mercury, etc. does that make them real, too ?

Nope. You all are playing amateur historian at best, apologist at worst.

As for my comment on Caesar, much of Roman history is based on documents that only exist in Medieval Manuscripts. The archaeology says little.
Satchmo

Winchester, TN

#425718 Dec 10, 2012
There is a WORLD of difference between you five sitting around all day telling each other how fcuking smart you all are and FREAKIN' REALITY.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425719 Dec 10, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>....
I know that you have a problem with people opposing your view point.....
Nope. I have a problem with swapping in different criteria to prove their case.

If you discount the Gospels as historical documents because they were written decades after the alleged events occured then you have to sicount almost every historical document as they are almost all medival products. I used Caesar only as an example, there are thousands.

You can disagree with me all you want, I don;t mind. It is when you play games like the above that I get disgruntled.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425720 Dec 10, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite amusing.
I probably have at least 100 times the knowledge and understanding you have about your religion and it's history than you do...and you call me unrealistic??
I an not the one who refuses to research and understand, while you are indoctrinated and do refuse to.
LMAO!
LOL!

"I probably have at least 100 times the knowledge..."

SO DOES THE DEVIL - but he's in denial and insane with envy & resentment.

DON'T BE LIKE HIM or you'll suffer similar consequences....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425721 Dec 10, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask that a lot...about the "bff" thing.
Does it work with a convict so you think it will work with anyone?
You really lean on this "friend" bullshit a bunch huh??
Give it up...the only "friends" you have are convicts. I bet they love you.
LOL! why so much resentment against me for visiting inmates? is it because i'm obeying the words of our Lord?

"I was in prison and you visited me" Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425722 Dec 10, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about now.
Please show me this "kingdom of darkness" I am supposed to be objective to.
I think you are making up things about me that are blatantly not true.
BTW - I don't oppose the "kingdom of God" as much as you do.
SHoot, you don't even believe Jesus when he said, "to know yourself is to knwo the kingdom of God".
Sounds more like you oppose Jesus and "God".
"Please show me this "kingdom of darkness"

okay: "to know yourself" is the main theology from the kingdom of darkness.

the theology from the Kingdom of God is: "deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me" Jesus

how much more clear can i be?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425723 Dec 10, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
He was also a christian. You're in good company.
very stale & moldy slander!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425724 Dec 10, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Self.
That answers both of those statements.
No religion required. No belief in Jesus/"God"/Allah/et c.
In other words, you aren't anymore a "Christian" than I am.
you're about as spiritually enlightened as oprah. you both say the same things and attribute your words and philosophies to god, but i expose you that you're not speaking for the God of the Bible.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425725 Dec 10, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ya, but Waaasssuuup is still my cute little curmudgeon ..
.. if I ever decide on an exorcism, he'll be there for me ..
.. meanwhile, plan on letting my demons out tonight ..
you could not be more correct (except the curmudgeon part)!

see, you know who's truly got your back when you're ready:)

true story - a dear friend of mine was just honored at a breakfast meeting this sat when an ex-homosexual testified how he was there for him in a non-judgemental way to see him through his sexual addiction into freedom. i guess there was not a dry eye in the joint!

the dude was hospitalized a few times for attempted suicide and now he's radiant with the life of Christ!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425726 Dec 10, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that you and Topix are evidence of God?
You need psychiatric help.
i love it when people claim christians are insane! in a free country it's the next best thing to being martyred for Christ!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Remnant of 144000 38,621
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min seriously the ori... 538,955
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Seraphima 599,912
Word association game (Aug '08) 21 min andet1987 53,253
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Chris Clearwater 173,282
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 26 min repeat offender 4,150
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min WasteWater 4,335
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min It aint necessari... 732,990
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE