Why I’m no longer a Christian

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#425773 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have in a sense, when i was baptised into the death and ressurection of Jesus! it's the only way to cease from being a fallen, lying, murdering, covetous & selfish human.
now it's your turn:)
So you were a liar, murderer, and coveted other's possessions?
I think the murdering stuff should be taken seriously. Turn yourself in and make it right.
Or are you teaching the convicts they are forgiven just like you for murdering someone?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#425774 Dec 10, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>so am I
Joe Poe broke his toe on the way to Mexico, on the way back he broke his back on a railroad track...
T-Town Clown
what do you think? give me a grade A,B,C,D,
Hmm ... you used the word Joe, so that's one point against you, but I like Mexico in there and railroads are awesome, so A+.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#425775 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i have in a sense, when i was baptised into the death and ressurection of Jesus! it's the only way to cease from being a fallen, lying, murdering, covetous & selfish human.
now it's your turn:)
So, being good to your fellow humans has nothing to do with it. Well, at least you admit it.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#425776 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
can you be specific, mr w?
also, please remember the "....as we forgive those who trespass against us" part of the Lord's prayer:)
Someone who claims to cast out demons and raise the dead has no business teaching convicts anything. They are NOT forgiven by the law and have no reason to believe they will be forgiven by the folks they committed crimes against.
Needing to qualify or limit my response via your "lord's prayer" shows you do not want a real response.
Lastly, what ever happened to an eye for an eye??
Satchmo

United States

#425777 Dec 10, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>so am I
Joe Poe broke his toe on the way to Mexico, on the way back he broke his back on a railroad track...
T-Town Clown
A+
Satchmo

United States

#425778 Dec 10, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging by what you have posted in the past, you have no business telling convicts they are forgiven for anything.
I forgive you for saying that.
Satchmo

United States

#425779 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, being good to your fellow humans has nothing to do with it. Well, at least you admit it.
Hey, man.

Get it?
Not Quite

Chico, CA

#425780 Dec 10, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey coward
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425781 Dec 10, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>so am I
T-Town Clown
D for Dumb.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425784 Dec 10, 2012
Nevaeh wrote:
<quoted text>
People might scare themselves? of what? If you are referring to the Evil one, he doesn't scare me. Satan fears God himself. You don't have the intellect to comprehend what knowledge I possess.
Myth Satan fears myth God? You clowns keep claiming myth Satan is winning. Which victor fears the vanquished? Your theology is so childish and convoluted it is laughable.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425785 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a Balrog in the wood pile ? Oh My !!!!
i thought it was a bustle in your hedge row.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#425786 Dec 10, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you assume that I am any of those things, with your only 'evidence' being that I don't believe Jesus is my Redeemer?
I don't need a turn at switching off my Divinely inspired brain, so that it may receive your 'god', and go forth in abject ignorance, abdicating responsibility for my own joy, and placing that responsibility in the hands of a 'deity' as you seem to insist?
You can have my turn at that.
I'm going to pass.
:)
sssssooooo you're perfectly righteous in-and-of yourself and don't need God's provision for the sin of the world.

you won't be able to say that no one tried cuz it's on record that we did:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425787 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also coins with pictures of Jupiter, Zeus, Mercury, etc. does that make them real, too ?
Nope. You all are playing amateur historian at best, apologist at worst.
As for my comment on Caesar, much of Roman history is based on documents that only exist in Medieval Manuscripts. The archaeology says little.
I'm not going to argue with you G. I have the right to my opinion just as you do.

I'm sorry that you think I'm being dishonest, as you said earlier.

I AM an amateur. That does not mean I am stupid. It does not mean I'm dishonest. It just means I don't have a degree to back up my research.

I follow evidence where it leads. I don't have an answer to which I'm trying to find a question which will fit my predetermined beliefs. My beliefs are subject to change with facts. That bothers many here.

I learn something new every day. My opinion of what I learn may be different than yours, but that's what it is to be human.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#425788 Dec 10, 2012
Satchmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgive you for saying that.
I could care less...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425790 Dec 10, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I have a problem with swapping in different criteria to prove their case.
If you discount the Gospels as historical documents because they were written decades after the alleged events occured then you have to sicount almost every historical document as they are almost all medival products. I used Caesar only as an example, there are thousands.
You can disagree with me all you want, I don;t mind. It is when you play games like the above that I get disgruntled.
Well then, get disgruntled. At this point, I really am not interested in stroking your ego.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425791 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
very stale & moldy slander!
Like your book.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425792 Dec 10, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So you were a liar, murderer, and coveted other's possessions?
I think the murdering stuff should be taken seriously. Turn yourself in and make it right.
Or are you teaching the convicts they are forgiven just like you for murdering someone?
ever read in the Bible how God looks at our hearts? yeah, the sermon on the mount is all about that:

"he who looks at a woman to lust after her has commited adultery in his heart" "he who hates his brother without cause has murdered him in his heart" etc

time to repent of self-righteousness & come to Jesus.....
Huh

Dallas, TX

#425793 Dec 10, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you could not be more correct (except the curmudgeon part)!
see, you know who's truly got your back when you're ready:)
true story - a dear friend of mine was just honored at a breakfast meeting this sat when an ex-homosexual testified how he was there for him in a non-judgemental way to see him through his sexual addiction into freedom. i guess there was not a dry eye in the joint!
the dude was hospitalized a few times for attempted suicide and now he's radiant with the life of Christ!
Did you swallow?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#425794 Dec 10, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who claims to cast out demons and raise the dead has no business teaching convicts anything. They are NOT forgiven by the law and have no reason to believe they will be forgiven by the folks they committed crimes against.
Needing to qualify or limit my response via your "lord's prayer" shows you do not want a real response.
Lastly, what ever happened to an eye for an eye??
time to repent of self-righteousness, mr w! who knows, you too could find yourself incarcerated some time!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425795 Dec 10, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I defy anyone to add to this.
It stands on its own.
It's immortal.
That was the full Monty, wasn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 5 min Ruby88 53,495
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Cholan87 880,954
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 23 min cutepie 581
9/11&bin 34 min REV CAROL 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 49 min MUQ2 41,171
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 8,359
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,656
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Critical Eye 4,082
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr June VanDerMark 603,567
More from around the web