|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That is not my argument dipstick. My argument is there are no contemporary accounts for either Jesus or Hannibal. If you reject Jesus because there is no contemporary accounts then by that standard you must also reject Hannibal and a host of other ancient historical persons. And that is why i keep printing you have delusional comprehenion.
that post is what I call WINNING
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That is not my argument dipstick. My argument is there are no contemporary accounts for either Jesus or Hannibal. If you reject Jesus because there is no contemporary accounts then by that standard you must also reject Hannibal and a host of other ancient historical persons. And that is why i keep printing you have delusional comprehenion.
The historicity of Hannibal has not been established. That is correct. The historicity of Jesus has not been established. That is correct. There is no reason to believe either is more than legend. End of story.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>that post is what I call WINNING
Yes, winning in proving that the historicity of Jesus has never been established.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tell it to G....
Your imaginary fiend is of no import.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
When I bump into people like you wiggley, I can begin at some small degree to understand
the purpose of a lake of fire. I have lived in virginia, we burned all the useless sh_t.
Bloodthirsty Christians. A dime a dozen.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Educating the Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
So is atheism open to be taxed?
Sure, if it stole money from the sheep every Sunday. Until then, another stupid Christian spews.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So?
<quoted text> Not when anyone is attempting to establish historicity only.
So???
The importance and accuracy and credibility of a historical figure is one thing. The importance etc of a saviour being, a god-being, a being you say was able to die, dead, as we clinically declare someone dead, and then become un-dead...just like that.
I'd say there's a larger need for acccuracy of your jesus-being/god-being for good reasons.
After all, isn't eternal life kinda important to you??

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Bloodthirsty Christians. A dime a dozen.
Yea, only because I disagree with their religious preference/choice. Then they make claim to my demise (the hell-place) only to say I'm attacking them...odd but predictable.
The Truth

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

WARNING!
The Portals are still open.
Repeat: The Portals are STILL open.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
First off lightbeamrider...I will apologize for the back and forth arguing.
That is a surprise. It is OK. It is Topix. None are perfect.
I forget sometimes that it is senseless to ever argue with someone that wants to justify their actions. Funny how people can read the same passage of scripture...some will find a message of love while others find an excuse to hate.
Things perceived as hateful may actually be misconstrued. Neither T-Clown or myself wants to see anybody go to hell. I would not wish it on my worst enemy, if i had one. As it is i don't anymore.
I have thought seriously about what you have said in your above post. I find it troubling...that one will use the Bible...use their faith...to justify their lack of respect or actions toward another human being.
How far will you go to show this "love" that you refer to?
Would you become physically abusive to show this "love"?
Physically abusive. No. I have no respect for false beliefs which will hurt people, nor do i have any respect for the lies spread on here which distort my beliefs as a Christian. As far as the subject matter here there is little to respect. I will admit i should respect people more but my tolerance level is tested and i find i am more tolerant than i used to be. I could be a lot more cruel.
We ALL say things here in this environment that is uncalled for...that steps over the line of human decency. Not all of us do it however and then call it "God's love"...or shout "in the name of Jesus".
Jesus condensed all the commandments down to two.
Love God.
Love your neighbor as "yourself".
I find the word "yourself" to be the most interesting...
Maybe it explains that "love" that you talked about...maybe one treats themselves in the same manner that they treat others.
Before you can respect your neighbor you must first respect "yourself".
Before you can show compassion, kindness, love you must first have those same feelings toward "yourself".
You brought up the issue that this is Topix...as if no rules apply here. Maybe we should change the following to include...
37 Jesus replied:Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
Verse 41 Unless you are on Topix then don't worry about following any of this.
Self love in Scripture is defined within the context of marriage in Scripture as far as i know. Eph. 5:28. If you love your wife then you love yourself. That principal could be applied to neighbor as well. I don't think it is reasonable to set the bar all that high within the context of Topix given the nature of the debates and the circumstances. It also says in Scripture that by my standard of measure it will be measured out so that means i don't have a lot of high expectations when it comes to other people. So if i personally do not measure up to what you consider a Christian than i would add my oldest brother who is an atheist is far more kinder, patient, outgoing, and loving that i am. We both had the same mother who instilled in us to basic Catholic principals which he was better able to grasp than i was. I, on the other hand went through life with mostly contempt for just about everything. That has changed somewhat in the last few years. That is enough self disclosure for this site. You need to consider where a person was at and know growth is a process, at least in my case.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That is a surprise. It is OK. It is Topix. None are perfect.
IMO...what we display here is a part of us...not always the "pretty" part. It is my personal opinion that we all possess "good and evil"...just depends on what part you are feeding at any given time. I have found that when we are feeding "evil" it has more to do with our own egos than it is to get any point across...including that "love" you spoke of.

I am not beyond being able to apologize to someone when I feel that I have done nothing but feed my own ego.

I have and probably will again said some things on Topix that were not kind. Yeah...maybe you are right...it is only Topix...I still have to look in the mirror...Topix wasn't staring back at me...I only saw a reflection of myself.

There is no "WINNING" or coming out on top when we have had to lower ourselves.
exclusiveNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

MIDEAST PEACE Talks -------(Israel/Antichrist)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Things perceived as hateful may actually be misconstrued. Neither T-Clown or myself wants to see anybody go to hell. I would not wish it on my worst enemy, if i had one. As it is i don't anymore.
I love to write...those things of the heart. I love words...words that when put together can touch someone else...IMO they form the art of ones soul.

I learned...words are only an expression of yourself...how you perceive life around you. They however only take on meaning when someone else reads or hears them. Often they take on a completely different meaning at that point.

Just as a piece of art is seen through the eyes of the observer...words are heard or read through those that hear or read your words. If "love" is what you intended to reveal and no one "sees" or "hears" that "love" then chances are you failed at conveying that "love". One should ask themselves why.

I don't think that you can speak for "T"...unless you are "T". What I read in his posts is that as long as he can pop in here and post his one-liner insults and the post a few scriptures to justify his actions his having fun. I also read that "WINNING" is his main objective even if he has to lower himself to do it. Or at least attempt to lower someone else to make his ownself seem just a bit higher.

Is that what "T" means to convey...I don't know...but that is how I perceive it.

Are we all guilty of that I times...I definitely think so...some however use "GOD" as an excuse instead of looking at themself.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Physically abusive. No. I have no respect for false beliefs which will hurt people, nor do i have any respect for the lies spread on here which distort my beliefs as a Christian. As far as the subject matter here there is little to respect. I will admit i should respect people more but my tolerance level is tested and i find i am more tolerant than i used to be. I could be a lot more cruel.
Ask someone who has been verbally abused over time...I think they will tell you that it is just as devastating as physical abuse. Some times the scars from verbal abuse never heals. The things that are said to us will often stay with us through life...affecting how one lives their life. The words that are said to you will come back to haunt you and tear you down when you least expect it.

No matter what anyone says on Topix or even in the real world can distort your beliefs...unless you allow it. No ones words should affect your beliefs unless you allow it to change how you live your beliefs.

As I told someone the other day...I will not change my beliefs in order to gain someone elses respect...if I did...I would lose my self-respect.

Same thing holds true...I won't behave in a manner even on Topix in order to be part of some imaginary group.

I also see no need to defend a set of beliefs that I have found to be what I need to live my life the best that I can. If one feels as if they must defend then they must see their beliefs in danger of being destroyed. Really??? Christianity has with stood time for a couple thousand years. Do you really think that it needs defending from a hand full of anonymous posters on Topix? LOL

I think that you would have to ask yourself about your own level of confidence in it.

Just my opinion...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
Self love in Scripture is defined within the context of marriage in Scripture as far as i know. Eph. 5:28. If you love your wife then you love yourself. That principal could be applied to neighbor as well. I don't think it is reasonable to set the bar all that high within the context of Topix given the nature of the debates and the circumstances. It also says in Scripture that by my standard of measure it will be measured out so that means i don't have a lot of high expectations when it comes to other people. So if i personally do not measure up to what you consider a Christian than i would add my oldest brother who is an atheist is far more kinder, patient, outgoing, and loving that i am. We both had the same mother who instilled in us to basic Catholic principals which he was better able to grasp than i was. I, on the other hand went through life with mostly contempt for just about everything. That has changed somewhat in the last few years. That is enough self disclosure for this site. You need to consider where a person was at and know growth is a process, at least in my case.
Jesus could have just as easily said...

Love your neighbor. He didn't though...he said as you love yourself.

He didn't say as you love your neighbor also love yourself.

My sister and I are much like you and your brother. Same parents...same upbringing...and yet...we view life much differently. She is what some here call "Fundie". Her life is filled with judging others...likes very few people...IMO...a bigot and a racist. She would never admit that but again...some people don't like looking at themselves.

Most Christians like to claim they are "born again"...changed through God's grace. They will also claim these changes don't take place over night. I find that a bit of a cop out...an excuse...should not this change be immediate? Some claim that it is.
The Truth

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask someone who has been verbally abused over time...I think they will tell you that it is just as devastating as physical abuse. Some times the scars from verbal abuse never heals. The things that are said to us will often stay with us through life...affecting how one lives their life. The words that are said to you will come back to haunt you and tear you down when you least expect it.
No matter what anyone says on Topix or even in the real world can distort your beliefs...unless you allow it. No ones words should affect your beliefs unless you allow it to change how you live your beliefs.
As I told someone the other day...I will not change my beliefs in order to gain someone elses respect...if I did...I would lose my self-respect.
Same thing holds true...I won't behave in a manner even on Topix in order to be part of some imaginary group.
I also see no need to defend a set of beliefs that I have found to be what I need to live my life the best that I can. If one feels as if they must defend then they must see their beliefs in danger of being destroyed. Really??? Christianity has with stood time for a couple thousand years. Do you really think that it needs defending from a hand full of anonymous posters on Topix? LOL
I think that you would have to ask yourself about your own level of confidence in it.
Just my opinion...
A red herrin? Seriously, what color herrin are you?
The Truth

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Oh look, I've stumbled across a room full of TOTAL STRANGERS! I think I'll hook up with this room of TOTAL STRANGERS and GIVE THEM ALL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION!

What the hell could go WRONG!

“This is Bananas!”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

If you're not a believer, then I can only assume you commit massive sins then right? After all, a sin wouldn't technically be something that would break any law right? Obviously NOT. The good news for you though is that there is still enough time for you to accept God into your life. You can enter into the gates of heaven if you truly accept God into your life. You have just empowered me to blog about this story. I'm going to blog about this topic at http://www.empowernetwork.com/google_com/

I will let you know when I've done my blog on this sensitive subject because there are enough people on here commenting about it so there is STILL TIME! God BLESS you and I'll keep praying for you.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Goldbar-Gary wrote:
If you're not a believer, then I can only assume you commit massive sins then right? After all, a sin wouldn't technically be something that would break any law right? Obviously NOT. The good news for you though is that there is still enough time for you to accept God into your life. You can enter into the gates of heaven if you truly accept God into your life. You have just empowered me to blog about this story. I'm going to blog about this topic at http://www.empowernetwork.com/google_com/
I will let you know when I've done my blog on this sensitive subject because there are enough people on here commenting about it so there is STILL TIME! God BLESS you and I'll keep praying for you.
Your opening sentence negates anything you set out to accomplish.
Nice try, thanks for playing.

May Zeus bless you and I'm not going to pray to him or any other god-being for you or anyone else.

“Mr. Hankie Goes To Washington”

Since: Nov 09

HyyyDeee-Hooohhh!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asked for a historical analysis. I gave it.
You mean, from your personal view and your penchant for bias confirmation.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Do you KNOW how your father is or are you assuming ?
Yeah; do you? I wonder.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>.... It is only an assumption that reality even exists.
Maybe in your world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 402,061 - 402,080 of440,802
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

475 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Darwins Stepchild 679,809
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 18 min USA-1 37,845
I want a sugar daddy. 24 min Dean 11
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min The Hindu Forum 216,689
Say hello to everyone and I am new here 55 min Cisco Kid 7
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr buystripbenoquin 4,410
Proof Jesus never existed (Aug '09) 1 hr Some1 Else 12,232
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr mercy_lad 231
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 89,503
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 511,921
•••
•••
•••