|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all they can do, since learning is against their religion.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>are you a dude
well, then

stay away, you are not man enough

you will get your clwon ass kicked

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt that validated history records people actually believed a man named jesus was resurrected. That does not establish that the event actually occurred.
NOT during the time frame of the jesus myth

those beliefs did not begin for hundreds of years

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but do you know of any historical records that present an alternative event took place?
quite a few, the mythologies of antiquity, those from which the jesus myth was drawn, borrowed, plagiarized, and formulated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I have responded to that over and over inly to have it ignored. you must have short term memory loss, comprehension problems. Where is the the writings of say Hannibal during the time it happened? If that was a historical standard then most of ancient history would be wiped out. <quoted text> Paul is even earlier than all the Gospels and it is there. They all have resurrection in them either as a predecition or after the fact.
when do you think the lies of Paul were written, and by whom?

the historians you admire cannot name the author

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Your question made no sense. Imagine I asserted the events as depicted in the first Harry Potter movie were actual events. You then countered that it was only a movie and not real. If I then took your approach and asked what alternate events you proposed to happen in their place, you would shake your head, shrug, and walk away. This is how I viewed your question.
As to Christianity, your second question is most apt: Do you had any evidence to support your view or if you are just repeating what you hear others have said?
the existence of the Harry Potter novel is a historical fact.

jesus

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of Christians saying how Jesus came in to their lives...they are reborn...they are better than every one else...then turn around and be so rude to someone.
Jesus didn't do a damn bit of good in your life "T" when you can still turn around and be so rude, condescending, belittling, derogatory to someone simply because they are different than you.
Hard to believe that a god would hire someone to do his PR work that gets their jollies off of insulting someone.
Pull out some of those verses and post to show us where Jesus ever said to degrade someone with insults.
a post that deserves a life of its own

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So you are saying Hannibal is myth too? LOL!
there is not sufficient evidence to suggest that Hannibal is god.

were you going to provide that missing evidence?
local loco

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I知 no longer a Christian, Part One
I was raised from my infancy by deeply religious people, surrounded by a family full of Baptist preachers, deacons and missionaries. I myself was baptized, as well as I can recall, at about the age of ten.
I can remember being struck by the fact that everyone around me at the time and I do mean everyone kept telling me that what I had just experienced was the most important event of my life, and that everything else I would ever do would shrink to insignificance alongside it. I was receiving the power of the Lord. It was a special time for me.
Well, I enjoyed all the attention, as any kid would, but I remember wondering: Why don稚 I feel any different, myself? I thought about my attitudes, my perceptions, the circumstances of my life, and I couldn稚 think of a single thing that was any different, now that I was one with Jesus. No matter how hard I tried to find something new and meaningful, there was nothing. It was a hollow, empty, and lonely sensation, and surprisingly so. It was not what I had expected at all.
I concluded after a time that I must not be doing something right. Everyone around me seemed so confident and secure in their faith and mine so tenuous in comparison, I felt left out. The shortcoming, I decided, must be mine. I must be missing something.
I resolved to try harder. I devoted myself to Bible study and prayer. I sensed that everyone around me would be horrified if I were to express any of these reservations I was feeling, so I kept them to myself. I suppressed them, and did my best to forget them altogether.
The years went by and I attended services regularly but somehow I never quite shook the uneasy sense, in the back of my mind, that I had never truly felt the presence of a transcendent being Jesus, God, or anyone at all.
I remained outwardly compliant, but inwardly I began to feel isolated and as much as I tried to banish this feeling, it persisted. As I reached adulthood it intensified until I became aware that, despite my best efforts, it was not going to go way. More troubling still was the bulk of doubts I began to feel about matters of doctrine. I began to doubt, among many other things, the true value of grace.
But I tried to put these issues out of my mind. What I was doing, of course, was not avoiding a crisis but merely postponing it When it finally arrived it hit so suddenly, it startled me.
I bible gives impression that if your no longer a christian, you never were a christian. Jesus said that He didn't lose one the Father had given Him. That means you were always just another religious person. You know, the kind that crucified Him.
To bad. It must suck to be you.

peace, out

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> The most reasonable explanation of the disappearance of Jesus' body is that it was moved by the man who loaned him the tomb. But of course you won't accept that because you need to believe he got up and walked around after being dead. If he did indeed walk out of the cave, he was not dead to begin with. It goes against the laws of nature and any intelligent God would not allow you to believe such a thing.
It is made of whole cloth and is nothing but the adoption of a previous myth.
It is impossible for death not to hold one in it's 'power'.
You are so filled with apologetics there is no room for rational thinking. It's believe or die.
fundies you god-da love em

in a debate as to the existence of their jesus, they present an empty tomb as evidence?

here is Hannibal's tomb, see the body in it, he existed
here is Washington"s tomb, see the bones in it, he existed

we cannot find the tomb of jesus, and we are sure it is empty, see our reason for believing he existed?

fer crissake

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
The most reasonable explanation of what happened to Jesus' body, historically, is that his corpse would have eaten by birds and dogs, or thrown into a limed pit with the numerous other corpses of the crucified.
"Remember those dogs. And if you seek the heart of darkness, follow the dogs" - J. D. Crossan
babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
This from our very own expert Hebrew Scholar!
Clap! Clap! Clap!
you forgot to mention "best"

but I am sure he appreciates the sentiment

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
G_O_D is an abrupt, self-important, cantankerous old crank.
I like him a lot.
I like him at times, he gets cranky about once a month

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> As long as your faith helps you be a better person, keeps you from harming yourself and others, and makes you more secure, I have no problem.
I do have a problem with indoctrinating children. You can indoctrinate your own, but leave the children in my family out of it. I trust their parents to teach them right from wrong, what is moral and ethical, self reliance, responsibility for their actions, etc. I was a Christian for many decades. My children were brought up in the church. But they were taught responsibility, morals, ethics , and self reliance as being good human traits, not just something God expected.
we protect children from all except their parent, then we wait for harm.

culture needs change

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Do you?
<quoted text> T-Clown was telling you what you need to hear. That is far different from degrading someone. Which cannot be done in the first place. people can only degrade themselves. They cannot degrade others. They can name call but in the process only degrade themselves.
<quoted text> Get off your high horse.
<quoted text> Telling you what you need to hear is loving. More loving than feeding you lies.''Faithful are the wounds of a friend. Deceitful the kisses of your enemy.'' You think you have saving relationship with God apart from the Cross of Christ? You do not. That is what you need to hear.
there comes a point where (christian) belief is a danger to society and should not be tolerated, an example may be see in the above post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Meredith the Lazy Liar wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you did last summer.
write a book

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
Demographic center of the USA and therefore, well, the world? You guessed it --
Missouri.
And when Hannibal makes his Second Coming....
Well, you better get ready, is all I can say!
Hannibal

the path is long and high and narrow, many will embark few will achieve

the time is near, so say the sooths that all may believe

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I hate wastewater
call it what ever

after he blesses it, you are not supposed to drink it ---loon

use it for your douche

“Mr. Hankie Goes To Washington”

Since: Nov 09

HyyyDeee-Hooohhh!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

A Former Liberal wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
Your jesus tells you it's good to hate, doesn't he?
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Your satan tells you to hate, HUH liberal...
Yup; your jesus tells you it's good for you to hate in his name. You're a sick clown.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> The most reasonable explanation of the disappearance of Jesus' body is that it was moved by the man who loaned him the tomb. But of course you won't accept that because you need to believe he got up and walked around after being dead. If he did indeed walk out of the cave, he was not dead to begin with. It goes against the laws of nature and any intelligent God would not allow you to believe such a thing.
It is made of whole cloth and is nothing but the adoption of a previous myth.
It is impossible for death not to hold one in it's 'power'.
You are so filled with apologetics there is no room for rational thinking. It's believe or die.
Hi waterbug,
Just some thoughts, not tryin' to make your water boil. Though it is a good time of year to visit a hot spring.
Here goes; concerning the risen Christ thing. There is a historic Roman feature to it. My mom was the daughter of an actual gypsy, she (my mom) married a believer and out popped my sis and I. I believe in intellectual design, God reaching out to His creation. Sorta like if I have a child, I want to play with them.
Above info just a fill in for the original topic. I gave you the above so you would have some understanding that I was forced to look deep into stuff just to have family creds.
So here is a tidbit. Jesus was historically signed into this worlds populous. That being the Roman census that drove Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem. And Jesus also signed out of history through the Roman governmental documentation system.
So, we know that his birth and death are not reliant on religious scribes, though there is that also.
But for me, this is the clincher. Concerning the claimed resurrection and the assumed stolen body. Documentation shows that the high priests were very concerned about the body being stolen. Subsequently they went to the Romans, who we know documented everything, and requested a squad of soldiers to guard the tomb. I don't remember how many men would have been in a squad but I do know this. It is undisputed that the soldiers would have been put to death if anyone got near enough to steal that body. Do you understand 'waterbug', those Roman soldiers would never have let anyone near that tomb until they were released from guard duty. Your game is upped a notch or two when death is the punishment for failure.
Anyway........ I'm aware a rose bush doesn't blossom over night but a little water helps.

peace

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local loco wrote:
<quoted text>
I bible gives impression that if your no longer a christian, you never were a christian. Jesus said that He didn't lose one the Father had given Him. That means you were always just another religious person. You know, the kind that crucified Him.
To bad. It must suck to be you.
peace, out
Thanks for your concern.

Or whatever it was.

(The world is terribly unfair to inarticulate people, isn't it?)

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
Demographic center of the USA and therefore, well, the world? You guessed it --
Missouri.
And when Hannibal makes his Second Coming....
Well, you better get ready, is all I can say!
Maybe you need to hook up with Harold Camping. Sounds like you may have a money maker and he's good at taking people's money.
You'd have to work on the percentage of the split on the total take.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401,961 - 401,980 of440,861
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

527 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Darwins Stepchild 680,993
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min truth 512,399
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 596,629
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Sheilaa 109,818
Goat Simulator Free Download Pc Game 10 min adfasdfa 5
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Divine Ascetic 89,638
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 17 min NUTS AMERICA 37,904
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr relish45 290
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr number four 217,305
•••
•••
•••