Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#425664 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's play delusional chairs.
If the music stops, and you don't have a subjective reality, you're an atheist!
(As talking to a 4 year old)...First, in your own words, can 'you' define what 'you' mean by “reality.” We will get to subjective shortly... Music stopped, I sat down....:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#425665 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked my list, twice, and I didn't see a photo ID for you. I'm gonna need visual confirmation. I don't want to give ALL these presents to someone else. What if an old grandma opens them? I think she would have a heart attack.
I won't say anything about anything you don't want me to say anything about.
LOL, LOL, LOL, u cheeky devil!!

Is a close-up of my fist ok, sweetie pie? ;-)

But I have the same problem, how do I know you're the real santa?

Anyway it's your loss, I make delicious chocolate chip cookies!! ;-)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#425666 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my pity, little man, but not my respect.
yea

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425667 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You have my pity, little man, but not my respect.
little man?? I see you are talking to your unit again...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425668 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, what a pity, lol.
he has a very small package

Location hidden

#425669 Dec 9, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>he has a very small package
Are you sure you're not talking about your own?
Not Quite

Magalia, CA

#425670 Dec 9, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>he has a very small package
I can't resist...

I have a yard full of D*ck, Bucket full of Balls and enough hair on my @zz to weave an Indian blanket! Who you calling boy?
Huh

Arlington, TX

#425671 Dec 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
The American Atheist: His mouth is bigger than his brain.
Hit close to home, eh, Sparky?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#425672 Dec 9, 2012
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
(As talking to a 4 year old)...First, in your own words, can 'you' define what 'you' mean by “reality.” We will get to subjective shortly... Music stopped, I sat down....:)
My definition of reality would be the actual state of the universe.

"My reality" is subject to me. I cannot escape my limitations any more than anyone else can. This makes my reality a subjective one. But as far as humans at large are concerned, my reality is subject to less than a reality which contains non demonstrable additions. As a rational skeptic, I require evidence and reason to accept a claim. I also accept claims to the extent that I calculate they are warranted and/or needed.

I think there is probably life elsewhere in the universe. I don't believe it, I don't have faith in it, I just think it's likely. If I were to take the position that life absolutely exists elsewhere in the universe, I would not be able to demonstrate it. I would be living in a delusional state. If I believed in alien life because I wanted to feel like we are not alone in the universe, I would have a motivation other than aligning with reality. This motivation deludes my thinking.

My commitment to "belief" is never absolute. I recognize my limitations and do the best I can within those limitations. I seek to better my understanding, and would chuck preconceptions in favor of demonstrably more reliable information or methodologies. I can then consciously choose whether to accept the truth or deny it in favor of some other priority.

What kind of music do you like?

Location hidden

#425673 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, LOL, LOL, u cheeky devil!!
Is a close-up of my fist ok, sweetie pie? ;-)
But I have the same problem, how do I know you're the real santa?
Anyway it's your loss, I make delicious chocolate chip cookies!! ;-)
I have a beard.

I have a workshop.

I like chocolate chip cookies.

There's no Mrs. Claus though. I guess I can't be Santa then.

Location hidden

#425674 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a beard.
I have a workshop.
I like chocolate chip cookies.
There's no Mrs. Claus though. I guess I can't be Santa then.
It's not white, is it?

WOW, tell me u have helper elves?

with milk, right?

PERFECT!

You can be my santa! ;-)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425675 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you're not talking about your own?
Im large down there

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425676 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't resist...
I have a yard full of D*ck, Bucket full of Balls and enough hair on my @zz to weave an Indian blanket! Who you calling boy?
you

very funny post thanks LOL

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#425677 Dec 9, 2012
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Reilly's just being a good Irish-Catholic...you shoulda seen me father flippin' the bird at people who cut him off driving...while exiting St. Patrick's parking lot after service on Sundays,full of the Spirit(s). Kid you not. No offence to the Irish:)
Senecus!

Don't be such a stranger!

None taken.

Location hidden

#425678 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not white, is it?
WOW, tell me u have helper elves?
with milk, right?
PERFECT!
You can be my santa! ;-)
I have dark hair and no elves.

Milk always goes with cookies.

I don't have a sled either.

I'd better get the elves working on it.

Did I mention I'm a whimsical liar?
Nevaeh

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#425679 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
My definition of reality would be the actual state of the universe.
"My reality" is subject to me. I cannot escape my limitations any more than anyone else can. This makes my reality a subjective one. But as far as humans at large are concerned, my reality is subject to less than a reality which contains non demonstrable additions. As a rational skeptic, I require evidence and reason to accept a claim. I also accept claims to the extent that I calculate they are warranted and/or needed.
I think there is probably life elsewhere in the universe. I don't believe it, I don't have faith in it, I just think it's likely. If I were to take the position that life absolutely exists elsewhere in the universe, I would not be able to demonstrate it. I would be living in a delusional state. If I believed in alien life because I wanted to feel like we are not alone in the universe, I would have a motivation other than aligning with reality. This motivation deludes my thinking.
My commitment to "belief" is never absolute. I recognize my limitations and do the best I can within those limitations. I seek to better my understanding, and would chuck preconceptions in favor of demonstrably more reliable information or methodologies. I can then consciously choose whether to accept the truth or deny it in favor of some other priority.
What kind of music do you like?
Thought provoking, thank you... Most people overlook my Q & A' because they can't answer them. As for music? Depends on what mood I'm in.... What if I said, I could answer one of your preconceptions?:)

Location hidden

#425680 Dec 9, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Im large down there
Yh, lol clowns normally have big feet! ;-)
The Truth

Fayetteville, NC

#425681 Dec 9, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for taking Mark at his word, eh? No one saw the resurrected Jesus, if the original Gospel ended at 16:8 as our oldest witnesses attest.
As Christianity and others regularly show us, anyone is free to "interpret" what they read or read into the text in any way they like.
GoMark don't care.
I'm easy too, whatever folks want to do; just make it an enjoyable experience.
Looking over the class listings for Paris Junior College and failed to find Advanced Hebrew offered for this ( or any) semester.
Did see an old fat guy blowing some mean bugle, though.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#425682 Dec 9, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong on all counts.
I think you have some issues about your beliefs. You want to paint others as 'wrong' so you can feel you have made the right decisions in your own life.
I haven't lost anything. I have gained the freedom to know God without the help of a man-made book; without the idiocy that organized religion contains; without having to condemn others to a place of eternal torture and pain simply because they believe differently than I do.
If you ever get to the point where you do not wish harm on others because they believe differently than you do, it will mean that you are no longer afraid you're wrong.
Brilliant.
Touching.
Agree.

:)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#425683 Dec 9, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
So much for taking Mark at his word, eh? No one saw the resurrected Jesus, if the original Gospel ended at 16:8 as our oldest witnesses attest.
As Christianity and others regularly show us, anyone is free to "interpret" what they read or read into the text in any way they like.
GoMark don't care.
I'm easy too, whatever folks want to do; just make it an enjoyable experience.
Midrash. Midrash. All is Midrash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min WelbyMD 281,240
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min here 48,394
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min guest 646,497
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Journey 971,623
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 33 min Voyeur 38,749
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min RiccardoFire 105,570
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,029
More from around the web