Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi waterbug,
Just some thoughts, not tryin' to make your water boil. Though it is a good time of year to visit a hot spring.
Here goes; concerning the risen Christ thing. There is a historic Roman feature to it. My mom was the daughter of an actual gypsy, she (my mom) married a believer and out popped my sis and I. I believe in intellectual design, God reaching out to His creation. Sorta like if I have a child, I want to play with them.
Above info just a fill in for the original topic. I gave you the above so you would have some understanding that I was forced to look deep into stuff just to have family creds.
So here is a tidbit. Jesus was historically signed into this worlds populous. That being the Roman census that drove Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem. And Jesus also signed out of history through the Roman governmental documentation system.
So, we know that his birth and death are not reliant on religious scribes, though there is that also.
But for me, this is the clincher. Concerning the claimed resurrection and the assumed stolen body. Documentation shows that the high priests were very concerned about the body being stolen. Subsequently they went to the Romans, who we know documented everything, and requested a squad of soldiers to guard the tomb. I don't remember how many men would have been in a squad but I do know this. It is undisputed that the soldiers would have been put to death if anyone got near enough to steal that body. Do you understand 'waterbug', those Roman soldiers would never have let anyone near that tomb until they were released from guard duty. Your game is upped a notch or two when death is the punishment for failure.
Anyway........ I'm aware a rose bush doesn't blossom over night but a little water helps.
peace
Please provide the census document with the names of Mary and Joseph on it.

Please provide ANY Jewish documents that make the claims you have proffered here.

Please provide any document outside your religion that has information on this crucifixion and more especially, this resurrection.

Since no one has ever found such documents, I think you must just be another who will take the word of the church over everything else presented to you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nobody there. It's empty.
Trust me. I fell off my Nishiki and saw him.
Now I'm spreading the word...
You're on a roll. I like that.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is the god of atheists, but they struggle to imagine he doesn't exist. Atheists struggle with all kinds of delusions.
Actually, pretty much no one believes satan is the God of gods. I have found many proclaimed atheists are actually just really pissed off at God. You can't be pissed of at someone you don't believe exists.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is the god of atheists, but they struggle to imagine he doesn't exist. Atheists struggle with all kinds of delusions.
There is no struggle. When something doesn't exist, you don't worry about it unless you've been thoroughly indoctrinated.

It's evident that you need satan in your life. Otherwise, you wouldn't be 'saved' and you'd have to be responsible for yourself and your actions. You also wouldn't have anything to sling at those who are not Christian. So really, satan is much more important to you than god.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, the 'sucks for you' part was uncalled for. I'm a bit slow, so I have lots of study but am rather new at this,'remember the holy spirit lives in you stuff. I'm sure the Lord loves you, but I am in this aging flesh that should probably go vegan, for others sake.
Now, the (The world is terribly unfair to inarticulate people, isn't it?) part.
God is not a respecter of man. Meaning He can be unfair to everyone equally or no one equally. Unfair is subjective. My mom was just a mom and till the day she passed on she said that children want to be seen, caught and disciplined. Meaning, given perimeters and purpose. Yet, the whole time your doing it, the child is screaming that your unfair.
The question isn't wether you want to be a christian or if you think others are acting like christians. It's more like, the story of Jonah. Is God pursuing you? Are you called? As you continue on with your life post-church and are no longer pursuing God is He still in you? Ya see many of us leave church because we are told that God is a reaction. He only reacts good for good and bad for bad.
Well, I have found it to be the other way around. He is the potentate, the alpha. That's why christianity isn't a religion, it's a heralding. It is a trumpeting that we are being pursued, sought out!
Believe me, your spirit will rejoice at this if you are called. Sorta like when He rose the little girl from the dead. Though she was dead, she heard Him calling her, Tabitha
peace
Well, I appreciate your well wishes and I apologize for my "inarticulate" remark. It was unkind, and I try hard to stay above that sort of thing.

I have found my life to be rich and full with nothing more than this material world and everything in it. People, for instance.

If you feel the presence of some non-material being, I have no argument with you other than to say, I don't feel such a thing myself.

Thanks again for leaving your thoughts.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, the 'sucks for you' part was uncalled for. I'm a bit slow, so I have lots of study but am rather new at this,'remember the holy spirit lives in you stuff. I'm sure the Lord loves you, but I am in this aging flesh that should probably go vegan, for others sake.
Now, the (The world is terribly unfair to inarticulate people, isn't it?) part.
God is not a respecter of man. Meaning He can be unfair to everyone equally or no one equally. Unfair is subjective. My mom was just a mom and till the day she passed on she said that children want to be seen, caught and disciplined. Meaning, given perimeters and purpose. Yet, the whole time your doing it, the child is screaming that your unfair.
The question isn't wether you want to be a christian or if you think others are acting like christians. It's more like, the story of Jonah. Is God pursuing you? Are you called? As you continue on with your life post-church and are no longer pursuing God is He still in you? Ya see many of us leave church because we are told that God is a reaction. He only reacts good for good and bad for bad.
Well, I have found it to be the other way around. He is the potentate, the alpha. That's why christianity isn't a religion, it's a heralding. It is a trumpeting that we are being pursued, sought out!
Believe me, your spirit will rejoice at this if you are called. Sorta like when He rose the little girl from the dead. Though she was dead, she heard Him calling her, Tabitha
peace
So in summary, your god-being has already chosen those who are saved. This goes against all other christian teachings from almost all of the 38,000+ divisions.
Christianity is an odd and confusing and contradictory religion.
And I want no part of it.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more contradictions here than can be counted.
Your satan being is now a god?? OK...methinks your god-being might have a problem with you recognizing another god-being as legitimate.
I can't struggle to imagine something does not exist when there is no tangible evidence of it's existance.
I can't struggle to imagine something that was invented by some religion does or does not exist. It is you who struggles with it's existance only because you've been brainwashed to believe in it.
I could make the same arguement about christians struggling with the existance of the Flying Spagetti Monster.

The only place your comment works are with children and adults with the education and/or mindset of children.
You people are funny...
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Please provide the census document with the names of Mary and Joseph on it.
Please provide ANY Jewish documents that make the claims you have proffered here.
Please provide any document outside your religion that has information on this crucifixion and more especially, this resurrection.
Since no one has ever found such documents, I think you must just be another who will take the word of the church over everything else presented to you.
You sound intelligent. I looked and read for 25 years. You know as well as I that it's a collage of breadcrumbs that you follow.
A psychiatrist of some renown once commented on the number of patience that asked him why there was so much bad in the world. He said that for years he never had an answer, until after many years he started asking them, as his reply, why is there good in the world.
Because, when you stack up all the accepted theories and philosophies of the world there is no equation or rational reasoning why true goodness or selflessness even exists.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So in summary, your god-being has already chosen those who are saved. This goes against all other christian teachings from almost all of the 38,000+ divisions.
Christianity is an odd and confusing and contradictory religion.
And I want no part of it.
Religion is man seeking God. of coarse it will be everything you say.
Christianity is God reaching out to man.
I don't want anything to do with vain religion either

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local yokel wrote:
...Because, when you stack up all the accepted theories and philosophies of the world there is no equation or rational reasoning why true goodness or selflessness even exists.
Interesting point.

I'll be thinking about that.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There is no struggle. When something doesn't exist, you don't worry about it unless you've been thoroughly indoctrinated.
It's evident that you need satan in your life. Otherwise, you wouldn't be 'saved' and you'd have to be responsible for yourself and your actions. You also wouldn't have anything to sling at those who are not Christian. So really, satan is much more important to you than god.
I find it interesting how desperate he is to project. He actually enjoys telling others they are going to his mythical hell-place. He feeds on his hate of those who disagree with him.
What a sad way to live one's life.
Oh well, the result of religion for all to see and witness.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I appreciate your well wishes and I apologize for my "inarticulate" remark. It was unkind, and I try hard to stay above that sort of thing.
I have found my life to be rich and full with nothing more than this material world and everything in it. People, for instance.
If you feel the presence of some non-material being, I have no argument with you other than to say, I don't feel such a thing myself.
Thanks again for leaving your thoughts.
I'm good to go.
Think about this though. The thing I really didn't like about churches, was that it seemed like they had all walked through the same what I call a cookie cutter room. All read the same books and quoted the same philosophies.
Oddly enough, that's what it's like walking away from this blog.
peace

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound intelligent. I looked and read for 25 years. You know as well as I that it's a collage of breadcrumbs that you follow.
A psychiatrist of some renown once commented on the number of patience that asked him why there was so much bad in the world. He said that for years he never had an answer, until after many years he started asking them, as his reply, why is there good in the world.
Because, when you stack up all the accepted theories and philosophies of the world there is no equation or rational reasoning why true goodness or selflessness even exists.
Sure there is rational reasoning why true goodness exists. And it does not require a god-being for it's existance. It was and always has been to the benefit of the human tribe, group, clan, town, county, etc, to be good to eachother.
You may want to read some things outside of your one psychiatrist.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is man seeking God. of coarse it will be everything you say.
Christianity is God reaching out to man.
I don't want anything to do with vain religion either
Odd...I thought christianity was classified as a religion.
What about all the other religions?
Have we all been mis-informed??
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is rational reasoning why true goodness exists. And it does not require a god-being for it's existance. It was and always has been to the benefit of the human tribe, group, clan, town, county, etc, to be good to eachother.
You may want to read some things outside of your one psychiatrist.
well it's clear that your mr wiggley is just like mine it likes friction and dark wet places. Problem is it's not very nice, never good, always self-seeking and really couldn't care less what other think as long as they keep me aroused. Sounds just like you.(grin)

you people should think up a name for your church. oddly enough, it's just like a thousand others. Anti-religion has just benefited society so well over the years. right there with capitalism (another grin)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you just say that there are no such documents and get it over with?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
well it's clear that your mr wiggley is just like mine it likes friction and dark wet places. Problem is it's not very nice, never good, always self-seeking and really couldn't care less what other think as long as they keep me aroused. Sounds just like you.(grin)
you people should think up a name for your church. oddly enough, it's just like a thousand others. Anti-religion has just benefited society so well over the years. right there with capitalism (another grin)
Why don't you register this new name?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not a religion, it should be taxed. The end.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
In parting mr wiggley.
I am obviously potent enough to shut your mouth.
Only an ignorant person would talk down to me like I am ignorant.
You may be like so many of us that have insufficient data, but no one with half a brain has ever thought I was ignorant.
peace, out

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good to go.
Think about this though. The thing I really didn't like about churches, was that it seemed like they had all walked through the same what I call a cookie cutter room. All read the same books and quoted the same philosophies.
Oddly enough, that's what it's like walking away from this blog.
peace
Yet you didn't walk away from that same religion just like you didn't walk away from this forum (it's not a blog). You just changed names.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

433 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 533,527
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 224,584
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Ghost Writer 2 U 722,080
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min ThatOneBand 115,590
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Aura Mytha 256,958
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min RiccardoFire 93,836
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min Seraphima 599,120
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••