Exactly...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#425439 Dec 9, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You assume? I thought you said he was a historical character who died at the hands of the Romans; now you say it's "reasonable to -assume-" he did?
Are all of your "facts" based on assumptions?
I was asked for a historical analysis. I gave it.

Do you KNOW how your father is or are you assuming ?

In the final analysis, everything is an assumption based on weighing the available evidence. It is only an assumption that reality even exists.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425440 Dec 9, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> None contemporary.
http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-R...
Polybius (200 Ė 118 BC) was in fact a contemporary of Hannibal (247 Ė 183 BC)

Maybe you should look things up first insead of instantly posting nonsense.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425441 Dec 9, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
....It is entirely possible that the idea and story of followers finding an empty tomb is Markan fiction, or the creation of some earlier tradition...
Or one can take Mark at its word "He got up and went home."

You would think that if Mark thought it was a resurrection he would have made a bigger deal of it or been very specific about it instead of ending right there.

The belief that almost all Christinaity hangs its hat on is only two sentences in Mark. Must not have been that important.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425442 Dec 9, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
that god and jesus are aliens from another planet, is much more likely, by orders of magnitude, than is the proposition that christian gods represent reality.
Based on the current evidence, I concur with you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425443 Dec 9, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
when do you think the lies of Paul were written, and by whom?
the historians you admire cannot name the author
Most hisorians agree that at least seven of Paul's letters are legitimate. The rest of the entire Bible is anonymous.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425444 Dec 9, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
.....here is Hannibal's tomb,....
It's in Gebze Turkey.

http://hannibalbarca.webspace.virginmedia.com...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#425445 Dec 9, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like him at times, he gets cranky about once a month
Twice!

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425446 Dec 9, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in Gebze Turkey.
http://hannibalbarca.webspace.virginmedia.com...
There's nobody there. It's empty.

Trust me. I fell off my Nishiki and saw him.

Now I'm spreading the word...
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#425447 Dec 9, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your concern.
Or whatever it was.
(The world is terribly unfair to inarticulate people, isn't it?)
I agree, the 'sucks for you' part was uncalled for. I'm a bit slow, so I have lots of study but am rather new at this,'remember the holy spirit lives in you stuff. I'm sure the Lord loves you, but I am in this aging flesh that should probably go vegan, for others sake.
Now, the (The world is terribly unfair to inarticulate people, isn't it?) part.
God is not a respecter of man. Meaning He can be unfair to everyone equally or no one equally. Unfair is subjective. My mom was just a mom and till the day she passed on she said that children want to be seen, caught and disciplined. Meaning, given perimeters and purpose. Yet, the whole time your doing it, the child is screaming that your unfair.
The question isn't wether you want to be a christian or if you think others are acting like christians. It's more like, the story of Jonah. Is God pursuing you? Are you called? As you continue on with your life post-church and are no longer pursuing God is He still in you? Ya see many of us leave church because we are told that God is a reaction. He only reacts good for good and bad for bad.
Well, I have found it to be the other way around. He is the potentate, the alpha. That's why christianity isn't a religion, it's a heralding. It is a trumpeting that we are being pursued, sought out!
Believe me, your spirit will rejoice at this if you are called. Sorta like when He rose the little girl from the dead. Though she was dead, she heard Him calling her, Tabitha
peace

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#425448 Dec 9, 2012
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
there's a rumor going around that i'm your sock. is that true?
No, you're my sock, not T=Town's.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#425449 Dec 9, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still a dickless wonder.
Please explain what that has to do with your other delusions.
I can tell you are the sock puppet of Kaitlin. You post hatred just like her and you always respond to posts I make directed towards her. Your atheism is making you look like a fool.

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#425450 Dec 9, 2012
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
your dumb
your?

“Jesus is Love”

Hutchinson, MN

#425451 Dec 9, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Your satan tells you to hate, HUH liberal...
Satan is the god of atheists, but they struggle to imagine he doesn't exist. Atheists struggle with all kinds of delusions.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425452 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi waterbug,
Just some thoughts, not tryin' to make your water boil. Though it is a good time of year to visit a hot spring.
Here goes; concerning the risen Christ thing. There is a historic Roman feature to it. My mom was the daughter of an actual gypsy, she (my mom) married a believer and out popped my sis and I. I believe in intellectual design, God reaching out to His creation. Sorta like if I have a child, I want to play with them.
Above info just a fill in for the original topic. I gave you the above so you would have some understanding that I was forced to look deep into stuff just to have family creds.
So here is a tidbit. Jesus was historically signed into this worlds populous. That being the Roman census that drove Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem. And Jesus also signed out of history through the Roman governmental documentation system.
So, we know that his birth and death are not reliant on religious scribes, though there is that also.
But for me, this is the clincher. Concerning the claimed resurrection and the assumed stolen body. Documentation shows that the high priests were very concerned about the body being stolen. Subsequently they went to the Romans, who we know documented everything, and requested a squad of soldiers to guard the tomb. I don't remember how many men would have been in a squad but I do know this. It is undisputed that the soldiers would have been put to death if anyone got near enough to steal that body. Do you understand 'waterbug', those Roman soldiers would never have let anyone near that tomb until they were released from guard duty. Your game is upped a notch or two when death is the punishment for failure.
Anyway........ I'm aware a rose bush doesn't blossom over night but a little water helps.
peace
Please provide the census document with the names of Mary and Joseph on it.

Please provide ANY Jewish documents that make the claims you have proffered here.

Please provide any document outside your religion that has information on this crucifixion and more especially, this resurrection.

Since no one has ever found such documents, I think you must just be another who will take the word of the church over everything else presented to you.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425453 Dec 9, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nobody there. It's empty.
Trust me. I fell off my Nishiki and saw him.
Now I'm spreading the word...
You're on a roll. I like that.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#425454 Dec 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is the god of atheists, but they struggle to imagine he doesn't exist. Atheists struggle with all kinds of delusions.
Actually, pretty much no one believes satan is the God of gods. I have found many proclaimed atheists are actually just really pissed off at God. You can't be pissed of at someone you don't believe exists.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425455 Dec 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no struggle. When something doesn't exist, you don't worry about it unless you've been thoroughly indoctrinated.

It's evident that you need satan in your life. Otherwise, you wouldn't be 'saved' and you'd have to be responsible for yourself and your actions. You also wouldn't have anything to sling at those who are not Christian. So really, satan is much more important to you than god.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425456 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, the 'sucks for you' part was uncalled for. I'm a bit slow, so I have lots of study but am rather new at this,'remember the holy spirit lives in you stuff. I'm sure the Lord loves you, but I am in this aging flesh that should probably go vegan, for others sake.
God is not a respecter of man. Meaning He can be unfair to everyone equally or no one equally. Unfair is subjective. My mom was just a mom and till the day she passed on she said that children want to be seen, caught and disciplined. Meaning, given perimeters and purpose. Yet, the whole time your doing it, the child is screaming that your unfair.
The question isn't wether you want to be a christian or if you think others are acting like christians. It's more like, the story of Jonah. Is God pursuing you? Are you called? As you continue on with your life post-church and are no longer pursuing God is He still in you? Ya see many of us leave church because we are told that God is a reaction. He only reacts good for good and bad for bad.
Well, I have found it to be the other way around. He is the potentate, the alpha. That's why christianity isn't a religion, it's a heralding. It is a trumpeting that we are being pursued, sought out!
Believe me, your spirit will rejoice at this if you are called. Sorta like when He rose the little girl from the dead. Though she was dead, she heard Him calling her, Tabitha
peace
Well, I appreciate your well wishes and I apologize for my "inarticulate" remark. It was unkind, and I try hard to stay above that sort of thing.

I have found my life to be rich and full with nothing more than this material world and everything in it. People, for instance.

If you feel the presence of some non-material being, I have no argument with you other than to say, I don't feel such a thing myself.

Thanks again for leaving your thoughts.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#425457 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
peace
So in summary, your god-being has already chosen those who are saved. This goes against all other christian teachings from almost all of the 38,000+ divisions.
Christianity is an odd and confusing and contradictory religion.
And I want no part of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min AussieBobby 263,267
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 29 min Tony 5,685
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 42 min MUQ1 37,594
Re : Re : Oil ang Gas Alerts 43 min vkusumaveni 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min yytonyjagyy 762,812
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 1 hr white man 107
The Global Elites Threaten Humans With 500 Days... 1 hr Marty Fong 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 554,361
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr The Awakener 174,932
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 603,442