“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425461 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
...Because, when you stack up all the accepted theories and philosophies of the world there is no equation or rational reasoning why true goodness or selflessness even exists.
Interesting point.

I'll be thinking about that.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#425462 Dec 9, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There is no struggle. When something doesn't exist, you don't worry about it unless you've been thoroughly indoctrinated.
It's evident that you need satan in your life. Otherwise, you wouldn't be 'saved' and you'd have to be responsible for yourself and your actions. You also wouldn't have anything to sling at those who are not Christian. So really, satan is much more important to you than god.
I find it interesting how desperate he is to project. He actually enjoys telling others they are going to his mythical hell-place. He feeds on his hate of those who disagree with him.
What a sad way to live one's life.
Oh well, the result of religion for all to see and witness.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#425463 Dec 9, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I appreciate your well wishes and I apologize for my "inarticulate" remark. It was unkind, and I try hard to stay above that sort of thing.
I have found my life to be rich and full with nothing more than this material world and everything in it. People, for instance.
If you feel the presence of some non-material being, I have no argument with you other than to say, I don't feel such a thing myself.
Thanks again for leaving your thoughts.
I'm good to go.
Think about this though. The thing I really didn't like about churches, was that it seemed like they had all walked through the same what I call a cookie cutter room. All read the same books and quoted the same philosophies.
Oddly enough, that's what it's like walking away from this blog.
peace

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#425464 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound intelligent. I looked and read for 25 years. You know as well as I that it's a collage of breadcrumbs that you follow.
A psychiatrist of some renown once commented on the number of patience that asked him why there was so much bad in the world. He said that for years he never had an answer, until after many years he started asking them, as his reply, why is there good in the world.
Because, when you stack up all the accepted theories and philosophies of the world there is no equation or rational reasoning why true goodness or selflessness even exists.
Sure there is rational reasoning why true goodness exists. And it does not require a god-being for it's existance. It was and always has been to the benefit of the human tribe, group, clan, town, county, etc, to be good to eachother.
You may want to read some things outside of your one psychiatrist.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#425465 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is man seeking God. of coarse it will be everything you say.
Christianity is God reaching out to man.
I don't want anything to do with vain religion either
Odd...I thought christianity was classified as a religion.
What about all the other religions?
Have we all been mis-informed??
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#425466 Dec 9, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is rational reasoning why true goodness exists. And it does not require a god-being for it's existance. It was and always has been to the benefit of the human tribe, group, clan, town, county, etc, to be good to eachother.
You may want to read some things outside of your one psychiatrist.
well it's clear that your mr wiggley is just like mine it likes friction and dark wet places. Problem is it's not very nice, never good, always self-seeking and really couldn't care less what other think as long as they keep me aroused. Sounds just like you.(grin)

you people should think up a name for your church. oddly enough, it's just like a thousand others. Anti-religion has just benefited society so well over the years. right there with capitalism (another grin)

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425467 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound intelligent. I looked and read for 25 years. You know as well as I that it's a collage of breadcrumbs that you follow.
A psychiatrist of some renown once commented on the number of patience that asked him why there was so much bad in the world. He said that for years he never had an answer, until after many years he started asking them, as his reply, why is there good in the world.
Because, when you stack up all the accepted theories and philosophies of the world there is no equation or rational reasoning why true goodness or selflessness even exists.
Why didn't you just say that there are no such documents and get it over with?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425468 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
well it's clear that your mr wiggley is just like mine it likes friction and dark wet places. Problem is it's not very nice, never good, always self-seeking and really couldn't care less what other think as long as they keep me aroused. Sounds just like you.(grin)
you people should think up a name for your church. oddly enough, it's just like a thousand others. Anti-religion has just benefited society so well over the years. right there with capitalism (another grin)
Why don't you register this new name?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425469 Dec 9, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not a religion, it should be taxed. The end.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#425470 Dec 9, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
In parting mr wiggley.
I am obviously potent enough to shut your mouth.
Only an ignorant person would talk down to me like I am ignorant.
You may be like so many of us that have insufficient data, but no one with half a brain has ever thought I was ignorant.
peace, out

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425471 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good to go.
Think about this though. The thing I really didn't like about churches, was that it seemed like they had all walked through the same what I call a cookie cutter room. All read the same books and quoted the same philosophies.
Oddly enough, that's what it's like walking away from this blog.
peace
Yet you didn't walk away from that same religion just like you didn't walk away from this forum (it's not a blog). You just changed names.
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#425472 Dec 9, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you register this new name?
and why don't you deflect
local yokel

Alamogordo, NM

#425473 Dec 9, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>If it's not a religion, it should be taxed. The end.
I do pay all tax and am not registered in any organization.
My relationship with God is not a tax issue.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#425474 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to have a rather low self esteem problem. You may want to work on that.
A church formation would require tithe for support and ritual for consistancy and committed membership. Now were back to your christian church...no thanks...I'll pass.
Non religious people have always contributed in a positive way to society. The gains made by realizing their rights in this country and the laws that apply only seem like bad things to you. Lest we forget the "christian" support of slavery and witch burnings and the KKK and white supremicists, jim jones, harold camping, and on and on.

Methinks you are quite confused.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#425475 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
In parting mr wiggley.
I am obviously potent enough to shut your mouth.
Only an ignorant person would talk down to me like I am ignorant.
You may be like so many of us that have insufficient data, but no one with half a brain has ever thought I was ignorant.
peace, out
Odd that you'd think I was talking to you as if you are ignorant.
That sounds all day like a brainwashed christian response to someone who disagrees.

Carry on...
Notice I have not yet shut my mouth...and never will for you...haha

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#425476 Dec 9, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you didn't walk away from that same religion just like you didn't walk away from this forum (it's not a blog). You just changed names.
Someone needs to start a list of all the different names, and their variations, christians use both registered and graybox. Probabably couldn't fit them into one post.
Educating the Idiots

Magalia, CA

#425477 Dec 9, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>If it's not a religion, it should be taxed. The end.
So is atheism open to be taxed?

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#425479 Dec 9, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you register this new name?
Chicken??

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#425480 Dec 9, 2012
Educating the Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
So is atheism open to be taxed?
You bet buckwheat!!! We already pay taxes...
Now tax the churches...I wonder which will produce more revenue...

What a dumb question...

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425481 Dec 9, 2012
local yokel wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you grinning 'normally'? Haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Lyndi 176,742
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min Naveen kumar 7,150
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 836,620
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min mike 612,127
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Porkpie Hat 271,234
I want to be a sex slave to elder woman (May '13) 1 hr sameer 31
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 589,163
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 hr Good-Evil 4,018
More from around the web