|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Think About It wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think happened to this Jesus that many Historians agree existed?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He died like everyone else that lived prior to 1900. Very reasonable to assume that He was one of the thousands of Jews executed by the Romans during the 1st cent. AD.
You assume? I thought you said he was a historical character who died at the hands of the Romans; now you say it's "reasonable to -assume-" he did?

Are all of your "facts" based on assumptions?

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

trinitygrim40 wrote:
<quoted text>Religion isn't confusing at all you have to have faith in God. We worship on God and Jesus died for are sins. If it has contradictions man did it to make it to his will not toward God's will.
To the one who started this topic. You obviously love God. Because you wouldn't have started this topic. One I noticed one thing in churches that some people need more guidance in line than others. You are probably one of them. Because you go to church every week don't mean that you don't have your own demons. BATTLING WITH YOU THAT YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT. That is true with anyone. You needed more christian family to help than to just be a passier by. Have a blessed day.
My suspicion is, we all have to find our own way in this world, and every one of us has to do it alone.

Thanks for stopping by.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

"G_O_D," I don't see a helluva lot of difference in attitude between yourself and the fundies.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

A Former Liberal wrote:
"G_O_D," I don't see a helluva lot of difference in attitude between yourself and the fundies.
G_O_D is an abrupt, self-important, cantankerous old crank.

I like him a lot.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That he died and stayed dead is the best explanation given all we know about all living creatures for the last billion years.
Somewhat agree. You need sufficient cause to effect resurrection.
Just because you chuck reality for a story in two poorly written and even worse translated story in a book, do not expect anyone to to just take your word for it.
I have no such expectations.
For my self, if you provide the original affidavits of witnesses from before 40 AD I will give them as much credence as any modern day witnesss to a UFO, Yeti and Nessie.
Do you have any video of this alleged phenomena ? Any witnesses to the actual moment of resurrection ? Or did they just find an empty tomb (maybe the wrong one) and make wild assed assumptions ?
Your standards are impossible. Your question about the video is just plain stupid and i do believe there are stupid questions.

The accounts indicate they found an empty tomb and a being who briefly explained what happened. They also indicate they witnessed resurrected Jesus. Thomas still did not believe until he felt the wounds. Paul also witnessed the resurrected Jesus and knew Jesus was killed. Paul did not believe Jesus escaped. Both James the brother and Paul converted post resurrection so have have HOSTILE witnesses.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Xcentrik in Vidor correct?
Happy Solstice Annie J. and Dont let that clown get you down.........
One of my favorites this time of year!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Now is the solstice of the year.
Winter is the glad song that you hear.
Seven maids move in seven time.
Have the lads up ready in a line.
Ring out these bells.
Ring out, ring solstice bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Join together 'neath the mistletoe,
By the holy oak whereon it grows.
Seven druids dance in seven time.
Sing the song the bells call, loudly chiming.
Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Praise be to the distant sister sun,
Joyful as the silver planets run.
Seven maids move in seven time.
Sing the song the bells call, loudly chiming.
Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Ring on, ring out.
Ring on, ring out.
That's lovely.
Now watch the fundie hate begin.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
Why are you comparing Hannibal to Jesus? No one is saying he's a savior, God or anything supernatural.

Maybe you should learn what the words comparison and analogy mean.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
WN While I am not an Atheist, I do agree with you when it comes to made up characters such as, Santa and the Easter Bunny, not being real. My Family did not want to grow up with these fabrications. On the other hand, they did tell me about God. Maybe that's why my faith is so 'Solid and Powerful...
As long as your faith helps you be a better person, keeps you from harming yourself and others, and makes you more secure, I have no problem.

I do have a problem with indoctrinating children. You can indoctrinate your own, but leave the children in my family out of it. I trust their parents to teach them right from wrong, what is moral and ethical, self reliance, responsibility for their actions, etc. I was a Christian for many decades. My children were brought up in the church. But they were taught responsibility, morals, ethics , and self reliance as being good human traits, not just something God expected.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
The most reasonable explanation of what happened to Jesus' body, historically, is that his corpse would have eaten by birds and dogs, or thrown into a limed pit with the numerous other corpses of the crucified.
Does not jibe with the accounts nor does it explain the behavior of the early followers. If the body was eated by dogs then there is no reason to be yelling in the streets.
There is no reason for James to convert since he probably thought his brother was crazy before death and resurrection. You have nothing that says the body was thrown in a ditch. it does not explain why a Pharisee would negotiate with Pilate for the body of Jesus. By the way, that one detail is in John also as well as Matthew. John is considered substantially different than the synoptics. All we have indicates Jesus was placed in a tomb.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hehe...that one just got added to the list...
Legos. The 1000 pc set.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you comparing Hannibal to Jesus? No one is saying he's a savior, God or anything supernatural.
Go back and read.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you comparing Hannibal to Jesus? No one is saying he's a savior, God or anything supernatural.
OK. Hannibal, Missouri exists. Look on the map if you don't believe it.

Do I have to go through this again?

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

And don't pay any attention at all to G_O_D.

He's a vinegrette.

They've got it all wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
So...you compare yourself to Jesus and give yourself the same rights?
I am not lost...I know exactly where I am.
Do you?
Have you ever asked yourself why you feel the need to degrade someone if you are so "saved"? What purpose have you in doing so?
T-Clown was telling you what you need to hear. That is far different from degrading someone. Which cannot be done in the first place. people can only degrade themselves. They cannot degrade others. They can name call but in the process only degrade themselves.
It is one thing to argue a point with someone...quite another to just pop in here and insult someone intentionally.
Get off your high horse.
I just didn't see the purpose of it. Can you explain it to me?
I just don't think..."Jesus did it"...is a very good reason. Seems like to me that what some of you want to emulate is just the parts where Jesus was said to have been angry and never the parts where Jesus showed love and compassion for even the sinners. I guess that part is not as much fun.
Telling you what you need to hear is loving. More loving than feeding you lies.''Faithful are the wounds of a friend. Deceitful the kisses of your enemy.'' You think you have saving relationship with God apart from the Cross of Christ? You do not. That is what you need to hear.
Meredith the Lazy Liar

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, all talk and no cock.
Sux 2 B U.
I know what you did last summer.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Do you?
<quoted text> T-Clown was telling you what you need to hear. That is far different from degrading someone. Which cannot be done in the first place. people can only degrade themselves. They cannot degrade others. They can name call but in the process only degrade themselves.
<quoted text> Get off your high horse.
<quoted text> Telling you what you need to hear is loving. More loving than feeding you lies.''Faithful are the wounds of a friend. Deceitful the kisses of your enemy.'' You think you have saving relationship with God apart from the Cross of Christ? You do not. That is what you need to hear.
Right. Tell me what I need to hear Jackass.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Largest center of seismic activity and the most potentially devastating earthquake site in North America is -- guess where?

Missouri.

Wake up, everyone. I'm just telling you what you need to hear.

Hannibal is coming....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

DearthOfCouth wrote:
Largest center of seismic activity and the most potentially devastating earthquake site in North America is -- guess where?
Missouri.
Wake up, everyone. I'm just telling you what you need to hear.
Hannibal is coming....
U got a link on that one?

Thanks.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Demographic center of the USA and therefore, well, the world? You guessed it --

Missouri.

And when Hannibal makes his Second Coming....

Well, you better get ready, is all I can say!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Do you?
<quoted text> T-Clown was telling you what you need to hear. That is far different from degrading someone. Which cannot be done in the first place. people can only degrade themselves. They cannot degrade others. They can name call but in the process only degrade themselves.
<quoted text> Get off your high horse.
<quoted text> Telling you what you need to hear is loving. More loving than feeding you lies.''Faithful are the wounds of a friend. Deceitful the kisses of your enemy.'' You think you have saving relationship with God apart from the Cross of Christ? You do not. That is what you need to hear.
Get your panties out of your crack. It was never about anything that he said to me. It was his unwarranted insult toward someone else.

No one needed to hear his insults and it wasn't said out of love.

Like I said...get your panties out of your crack...I happen to believe in God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 401,701 - 401,720 of440,796
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

511 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 17 min WasteWater 3,871
private money lender in glasgow/south lanarkshi... (Feb '13) 19 min Abdurratln 65
Just type in the name of the celebrity, and you... 20 min andet1987 8
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Lab28 223,141
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min Aura Mytha 716,362
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Strength and Honor 171,441
How long does a Topix ban last? 24 min Abdurratln 12
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 29 min WasteWater 255,668
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min guest 529,912
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••