“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425340 Dec 8, 2012
Largest center of seismic activity and the most potentially devastating earthquake site in North America is -- guess where?

Missouri.

Wake up, everyone. I'm just telling you what you need to hear.

Hannibal is coming....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#425341 Dec 8, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Largest center of seismic activity and the most potentially devastating earthquake site in North America is -- guess where?
Missouri.
Wake up, everyone. I'm just telling you what you need to hear.
Hannibal is coming....
U got a link on that one?

Thanks.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425342 Dec 8, 2012
Demographic center of the USA and therefore, well, the world? You guessed it --

Missouri.

And when Hannibal makes his Second Coming....

Well, you better get ready, is all I can say!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#425344 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Do you?
<quoted text> T-Clown was telling you what you need to hear. That is far different from degrading someone. Which cannot be done in the first place. people can only degrade themselves. They cannot degrade others. They can name call but in the process only degrade themselves.
<quoted text> Get off your high horse.
<quoted text> Telling you what you need to hear is loving. More loving than feeding you lies.''Faithful are the wounds of a friend. Deceitful the kisses of your enemy.'' You think you have saving relationship with God apart from the Cross of Christ? You do not. That is what you need to hear.
Get your panties out of your crack. It was never about anything that he said to me. It was his unwarranted insult toward someone else.

No one needed to hear his insults and it wasn't said out of love.

Like I said...get your panties out of your crack...I happen to believe in God.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#425345 Dec 8, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a start:
Appian: The Civil Wars - On the Gracchi (PRIMARY SOURCE)
Livy: The Roman Way of Declaring War, c. 650 BCE (PRIMARY SOURCE)
Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): The Character of Hannibal (PRIMARY SOURCE)
Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): The Destruction of Corinth, 146 BCE (PRIMARY SOURCE)
Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): Rome at the End of the Punic Wars [History, Book 6](PRIMARY SOURCE)
Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): The Third Punic War, 149-146 BCE [The Histories, Book XXXVI-XXXIX](PRIMARY SOURCE)
LacusCurtius: Roman Military History (PRIMARY and SECONDARY SOURCES)
Trajan's Column (PRIMARY and SECONDARY SOURCES)
None contemporary.

http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-R...

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#425346 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Historians do not consider the Bible a book of heresay and legends as a whole. They glean certain facts. Pilate,for example. Like I said before. Jesus was crucified via Pilate. Early Christians believe Jesus resurrected. This is validatd history. Many historians do not believe Jesus resurrcted.
No, all those facts come from other sources. Nothing was learned from the bible. Your Jesus .... didn't happen. Jesus was one of the most common names in that time era, it's like John in the early 1900's, now John Doe means "someone."

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#425347 Dec 8, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you always show us your wickedness. Always.
If your god needs thugs to pass on his message, I have no use for it.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#425348 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you compare yourself to Jesus and give yourself the same rights?
I am not lost...I know exactly where I am.
Have you ever asked yourself why you feel the need to degrade someone if you are so "saved"? What purpose have you in doing so?
It is one thing to argue a point with someone...quite another to just pop in here and insult someone intentionally.
I just didn't see the purpose of it. Can you explain it to me?
I just don't think..."Jesus did it"...is a very good reason. Seems like to me that what some of you want to emulate is just the parts where Jesus was said to have been angry and never the parts where Jesus showed love and compassion for even the sinners. I guess that part is not as much fun.
whiner/evil one

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#425349 Dec 8, 2012
The first known mention of an empty tomb in the Jesus saga is from the Gospel of Mark as part of his passion narrative. GoMark dates to around 70 CE, some 40 years after the described events, written in Greek, in a different country.

Paul never mentions an empty tomb story, only saying that Jesus died, was buried and was raised from the dead. There is no evidence to suggest that Paul ever met Jesus, but he did claim to converse with the original followers of Jesus. Being thrown in a limed pit would qualify as being buried.

It is entirely possible that the idea and story of followers finding an empty tomb is Markan fiction, or the creation of some earlier tradition.

We do know that by the time GoMatthew was written c. 80's, there was a rumor circulating that the body of Jesus had been stolen, which is also more likely than the supernatual claim of resurrection.

Mat 28:13 telling them,You are to say,His disciples came at night and stole his body while we were asleep.

Location hidden

#425350 Dec 8, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>whiner/evil one
I hate clowns who condemn others.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425351 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your panties out of your crack. It was never about anything that he said to me. It was his unwarranted insult toward someone else.
you're a hypocrite & a whiner

Location hidden

#425352 Dec 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>If your god needs thugs to pass on his message, I have no use for it.
Well said. I agree 100%.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425353 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, all those facts come from other sources. Nothing was learned from the bible. Your Jesus .... didn't happen. Jesus was one of the most common names in that time era, it's like John in the early 1900's, now John Doe means "someone."
are you a dude

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425354 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
you say you believe in GOD~~!!!! BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWHAHAHAHAHAHA~~~~~~~~!!

thats funny my ribs are hurting

MERRY CHRISTMAS BOO

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425355 Dec 8, 2012
trinitygrim40 wrote:
<quoted text>Religion isn't confusing at all you have to have faith in God. We worship on God and Jesus died for are sins. If it has contradictions man did it to make it to his will not toward God's will.
To the one who started this topic. You obviously love God. Because you wouldn't have started this topic. One I noticed one thing in churches that some people need more guidance in line than others. You are probably one of them. Because you go to church every week don't mean that you don't have your own demons. BATTLING WITH YOU THAT YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW ABOUT. That is true with anyone. You needed more christian family to help than to just be a passier by. Have a blessed day.
One: learn the English language. It's 'our', not are. Punctuation counts.

2. Preach all you like if that's what it takes to justify your own faith.

3. Coming to a thread where you know people have left Christianity is not for us. It's for you and your ego.

4. Have a nice evening.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425356 Dec 8, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate clowns who condemn others.
I hate wastewater

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425357 Dec 8, 2012
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
The first known mention of an empty tomb in the Jesus saga is from the Gospel of Mark as part of his passion narrative. GoMark dates to around 70 CE, some 40 years after the described events, written in Greek, in a different country.
Paul never mentions an empty tomb story, only saying that Jesus died, was buried and was raised from the dead. There is no evidence to suggest that Paul ever met Jesus, but he did claim to converse with the original followers of Jesus. Being thrown in a limed pit would qualify as being buried.
It is entirely possible that the idea and story of followers finding an empty tomb is Markan fiction, or the creation of some earlier tradition.
We do know that by the time GoMatthew was written c. 80's, there was a rumor circulating that the body of Jesus had been stolen, which is also more likely than the supernatual claim of resurrection.
Mat 28:13 telling them,You are to say,His disciples came at night and stole his body while we were asleep.
you're dumb

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#425358 Dec 8, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>are you a dude
Ah, come on now, I can only do so much with a strap on, sorry I was unable to actually convince you I was male last night, I'll try harder tomorrow night.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425359 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Go back and read.
I have read. You're the one who brought up Hannibal's existence when someone asked for proof of Jesus' existence. The facts are that no one has claimed Hannibal lived and came to save the world and all within it. That is the claim about Jesus. The two are not comparable.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425360 Dec 8, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Hannibal, Missouri exists. Look on the map if you don't believe it.
Do I have to go through this again?
I'm not the one arguing about the existence of Hannibal. I also didn't use Hannibal as a comparison to Jesus.

Do I have your vote if I run for President?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 574,419
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Torgo2 269,072
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min waaasssuuup 810,499
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 18 min Anonymous 45
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min RiccardoFire 97,917
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 47 min Classic 2,015
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 55 min Raj Kumar 5,626
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 608,277
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 7 hr perfect massage r... 206
More from around the web