“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#425188 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That is based on anti supernatural assumption which apply to all events at all times. Based on the less than 1% of all there is to know you actually know.
You call it anti supernatural assumption.
I call it religious supernatural assumption.
Your religion requires assumption for it's very existance and validity.

Based on what everyone knows.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#425189 Dec 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>This one has nothing whatever to do with religion of any stripe.
I highly recommend it.
;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QYgXxIgrXMsXX
OOWWWW!
Did you know that girl is actually a plant? She's a moon flower.

I'm exposing myself as an anime geek.

I'll cover up now.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425190 Dec 8, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks DoC...I'm now officially a grandpa as of 2:00am.
Have a great day!!
YAY! It's a great day.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425191 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Is not how history works. It is an arbitary standard.
<quoted text> Expert historians do. You know better?
<quoted text> BS.
<quoted text> Where are the sources from the time Alexander lived? Hannibal?
Just because there are historians who recognize there was most probably a MAN named Jesus who lived during that time does not mean they believe he was a God, nor that he rose from the dead. No historian on earth who wanted to keep his credentials would ever claim that these are facts.

You make stuff up as you go.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#425192 Dec 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>...
You make stuff up as you go.
It's all they can do, since learning is against their religion.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#425193 Dec 8, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
You call it anti supernatural assumption.
I call it religious supernatural assumption.
Your religion requires assumption for it's very existance and validity.
Based on what everyone knows.
Agreed, except perhaps for the religion part. I would add my belief in the resurrection of Christ is best explanation given all we know about the actual incident and it's growth.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#425194 Dec 8, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He gets a little older, wire him up on sugar, video games and cartoons - and give him back.
Hehehe.
Congrats, Wiggles!
Thank you...now the real fun begins...hehe

Location hidden

#425195 Dec 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Just because there are historians who recognize there was most probably a MAN named Jesus who lived during that time does not mean they believe he was a God,
They believe Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Crucified via Pilate. Paul met with James in Jerusalem. Paul wrote Galatians.
nor that he rose from the dead. No historian on earth who wanted to keep his credentials would ever claim that these are facts.
i do not know if believing in resurrection is a threat to credentials. Historians who do still work and teach. But you do bring up an interesting point. How narrow minded people in academia really are.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#425196 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed, except perhaps for the religion part. I would add my belief in the resurrection of Christ is best explanation given all we know about the actual incident and it's growth.
Still no evidence? Sheesh, you are disappointing, making assertions and never once presenting evidence.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425197 Dec 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>YAY! It's a great day.
The Wiggler's grandson narrowly missed being born on Pearl Harbor day.

Congratulations, MW!

(And don't worry -- you get used to people calling you "Grandpa.")

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#425198 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> They believe Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist. Crucified via Pilate. Paul met with James in Jerusalem. Paul wrote Galatians. <quoted text> i do not know if believing in resurrection is a threat to credentials. Historians who do still work and teach. But you do bring up an interesting point. How narrow minded people in academia really are.
Really? Where are the papers published and verified about this?

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425199 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed, except perhaps for the religion part. I would add my belief in the resurrection of Christ is best explanation given all we know about the actual incident and it's growth.
If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.
- Voltaire

(Oh, and I can't stand it any longer -- "it's" is not a possessive but rather the contraction of "it is.")

Location hidden

#425200 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
Still no evidence? Sheesh, you are disappointing, making assertions and never once presenting evidence.
I have presented arguments and evidence. I have no control over the fact folks here ignore or dismiss. I have made the case, time and again. Others have too. Is is then assumed i am trying to convince people here to convert. Why assue that unless they think everything revolves around them?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#425201 Dec 8, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
- Voltaire
(Oh, and I can't stand it any longer -- "it's" is not a possessive but rather the contraction of "it is.")
Hmpf, your right.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#425202 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I have presented arguments and evidence. I have no control over the fact folks here ignore or dismiss. I have made the case, time and again. Others have too. Is is then assumed i am trying to convince people here to convert. Why assue that unless they think everything revolves around them?
Nope, so far all I have seen are assertions, and more assertions. No actual evidence yet. Your standards may be low enough to accept a book of hearsay and legends as evidence, but those are actually assertions, so where's the evidence that suggests these assertions?

Location hidden

#425203 Dec 8, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
- Voltaire
Fear mongering BS.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#425204 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Fear mongering BS.
Erm, what?
Think About It

Magalia, CA

#425205 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Died, like all people.
How did he die?

Location hidden

#425206 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, so far all I have seen are assertions, and more assertions. No actual evidence yet. Your standards may be low enough to accept a book of hearsay and legends as evidence, but those are actually assertions, so where's the evidence that suggests these assertions?
Historians do not consider the Bible a book of heresay and legends as a whole. They glean certain facts. Pilate,for example. Like I said before. Jesus was crucified via Pilate. Early Christians believe Jesus resurrected. This is validatd history. Many historians do not believe Jesus resurrcted.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#425207 Dec 8, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a grandpa, I'm a grandpa!!!
8 lb baby boy!!!
.. congratulations Gramps! Time to buy a baseball, bat and mitt. Enjoy !!..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Peace_Warrior 605,328
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 778,077
Moses never existed 5 min KiMare 823
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 265,435
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 9 min Innocent Holy dr ... 33,170
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Liam 560,431
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 35 min buzz zube 411
More from around the web