Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#425297 Dec 8, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Loud musical instruments ! I recommend a drum set. <smile>
Hehe...that one just got added to the list...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#425298 Dec 8, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong, again. Hell is a real place that exists and you are going there after your death. You continue to show us why.
Say "Hi!" to Odin for me.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#425299 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ...Where is the the writings of say Hannibal during the time it happened?....
Here's a start:

Appian: The Civil Wars - On the Gracchi (PRIMARY SOURCE)

Livy: The Roman Way of Declaring War, c. 650 BCE (PRIMARY SOURCE)

Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): The Character of Hannibal (PRIMARY SOURCE)

Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): The Destruction of Corinth, 146 BCE (PRIMARY SOURCE)

Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): Rome at the End of the Punic Wars [History, Book 6](PRIMARY SOURCE)

Polybius (c.200-after 118 BCE): The Third Punic War, 149-146 BCE [The Histories, Book XXXVI-XXXIX](PRIMARY SOURCE)

LacusCurtius: Roman Military History (PRIMARY and SECONDARY SOURCES)

Trajan's Column (PRIMARY and SECONDARY SOURCES)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#425301 Dec 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Nice nic. Why try to prove a negative.
Next time, the challenge might be "Prove you love the Divine, by loving the creation of the Divine."
Difficult to prove a negative, but easy to prove the Divine. Just look in a mirror, and thank the Divine you know what a 'mirror' is.
:)
Which divinity? An exterior that exists "out there" somewhere, or the spark of true divinity that dwells within the individual, with no exterior divinity required?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#425302 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, who is pimping for the existence of Hannibal? His historicity has not been established either. Fail.
Any ethical historian will tell you that we "know" very little of the past. The best we can do is make a rational and realistic hypothesis based on ALL the available evidence, examining all interpretations and possibilities and finally deciding which are the most probable and accurate.

Note that history is constantly rewritten as new evidence or new understanding of existing evidence comes to light. THAT is another major difference between history and religion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#425304 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Correct. There is more to it than that. Nobody denied it. No body produced. If death happened then what happened to the body? Why were the Disciples cowering after death and shouting and accusing later. Why the change? In public, yelling Jesus rose from the dead to a hostile audience? Knowing full well it would put them in harms way? The desciples did not care. They knew the truth and they knew nobody could do them any actual harm even if they were killed because they believed they would resurrect also. In a sense they believed they were invincible, having Jesus as their Savior. That is the way they acted. You have Peter who denies Jesus three times and you have the Peter of Acts 2 quoting from Joel and Psalms. Acts:2:14-36.''God raised Him (Jesus) up again putting an end to the agony of death since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.'' Acts 2:24.''Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'' Acts 2:21. This is all in public.
Why is it that the earliest Gospel, Mark, never mentions all that ?

Paul was a Roman inventing a pagan resurrection cult and on the only trip he ever made to Jerusalem was chased from Judea by Jews and Christians alike. If it wasn't for Constantine you wouldn't even know Paul existed.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425305 Dec 8, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks DoC...I'm now officially a grandpa as of 2:00am.
Have a great day!!
CONGRATS! Congrats, congrats, congrats!! Boy or girl?

((BIIIIG HUG!!))

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425306 Dec 8, 2012
Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
How did he die?
Helicopter crash; the Easter Bunny was at the stick.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#425307 Dec 8, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Which divinity? An exterior that exists "out there" somewhere, or the spark of true divinity that dwells within the individual, with no exterior divinity required?
Didn't get the mirror reference, then, eh?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#425308 Dec 8, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Oh sure, scoff if you like.
When you see me and my immortal amigos, elephanting down on you with the rest of our divine muchachos, you'll be laughing outta the other side of your bedpan, Gomer.
The choices you make have consequences, you know.
Have you been baptised with the holy vinegar ? Only those who have been baptised get to ride the elephants.

"And Hannibal said,"Poor the holy vinger on the mountains and they shall part for us!" and Lo, the rocks crumbled!"

“"None shall pass"”

There

#425310 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> ....Who is saying they are better than you?...
You, Wasssuup, Clownie, Viking, etc.

Are you that stupid or that dishonest ?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425311 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>False equivalence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> BS. That is not a rule of logic.
Actually, it is. I'm not surprised that escapes you.

I'll bet you also believe that hell is a German myth created by a Middle Eastern writer some two thousand years ago.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#425312 Dec 8, 2012
<quoted text>Fundies always eventually get to the threats.
Always.
That's because you always show us your wickedness. Always.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425313 Dec 8, 2012
babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this to remind you how full of shit you really are.
Liars all.
X the Hewbrew Scholar.
water_nymph the unpublished writer.
mac the kayaking sniper.
Mr. Wiggles the Swat team wanna-be.
DearthOfCouth the dyslexic bard of e-scams.
G-O-D the gay ex-communicated rabbi.
beijair the witch summoner.
Kaitlin the Wonder Dog hoaxer.
Etc.
It just goes on... and on..
All bluff, no gruff.
babysan: all talk, no cock.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425314 Dec 8, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong, again. Hell is a real place that exists and you are going there after your death. You continue to show us why.
<quoted text>Fundies always eventually get to the threats.
Always.
It's all they've got. The threats worked on them; they figure maybe they'll work on us, too.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425315 Dec 8, 2012
babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
As you wish...
Still, all talk and no cock.

Sux 2 B U.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425316 Dec 8, 2012
Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think happened to this Jesus that many Historians agree existed?
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
He died like everyone else that lived prior to 1900. Very reasonable to assume that He was one of the thousands of Jews executed by the Romans during the 1st cent. AD.
And anyone who dares to disagree with you is a moron and a worthless twit. "God" has spoken, right? Remember that to assume makes an ass out of you and...well, you. To assume means you got no proof.

Fuck you, you worthless pendejo.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425317 Dec 8, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. That is the difference between history and religion. Sadly, many can't tell the difference.
Like you, for example.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#425318 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had this friend that collected antique Christmas ornaments. She found one that she truly wanted but would not buy it because it said "Merry Xmas". How foolish...evidently no one had ever told her what "X" stood for.
Before any of you get your panties in a wad...read some of the history of your faith.
Either that or blame it on Constantine or the Greek language.
MERRY XMAS!!!
I am sure some think the Chi-Ro is an atheist symbol, too. LOL

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#425319 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed, except perhaps for the religion part. I would add my belief in the resurrection of Christ is best explanation given all we know about the actual incident and it's growth.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That he died and stayed dead is the best explanation given all we know about all living creatures for the last billion years.
Just because you chuck reality for a story in two poorly written and even worse translated story in a book, do not expect anyone to to just take your word for it.
Translaton: "I can have my (historicized) jesus, but you can't have your (mythical) jesus."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min ROCCO 31,193
Are Quadroons and Griffes Considered Mulatto? (Aug '10) 1 min Johnny 41
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Patriot 687,330
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min dotard tracker 987,366
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 55 min gurmail singh gosal 38
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Johnny 186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr David S Pumpkins 286,590
More from around the web