Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425264 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> BS. That is not a rule of logic. That is nothing more than rhetorical device. Besides all that, the existence of Jesus as history is not an extraordinary claim. You are responding to created phantoms. Stop abusing logical arguments. <quoted text> You have not proven anything. Why should anybody take your wortd over Ehrman's who i believe is a double PH.D with 30+ years experience?
Of course it's a rule of logic. You don't understand logic however.

It is an extraordinary claim to say that he was dead and then not dead. You make the claim so it is up to you to provide the proof. You try to get others to prove that your claims are not true when it is you that needs to prove that they are.

Erhman doesn't say what you think he says. On top of everything else, you do not seem to be able to understand ordinary writings.

People who do not believe in phantoms don't create them. You are the one creating phantoms.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425265 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. The history does not say that about Hannibal. Perhaps you are confoozzed.
What is the difference in someone saying they believe that about Hannibal and you saying it about your god? No more actual proof on your side than on his. That was the point he was trying to make, but in your very narrow pov you can't see it.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#425266 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So you are saying Hannibal is myth too? LOL!
I wrote simply that the historicity of Hannibal has not been established. No contemporary writings. No archeological evidence, all just like your Jesus. The Christ part is the myth.

Why must you twist what I write? Why are Christians always so dishonest.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#425267 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of Christians saying how Jesus came in to their lives...they are reborn...they are better than every one else...then turn around and be so rude to someone.
Jesus didn't do a damn bit of good in your life "T" when you can still turn around and be so rude, condescending, belittling, derogatory to someone simply because they are different than you.
Hard to believe that a god would hire someone to do his PR work that gets their jollies off of insulting someone.
Pull out some of those verses and post to show us where Jesus ever said to degrade someone with insults.
stop being a whiner..evil one

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425268 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of Christians saying how Jesus came in to their lives...they are reborn...they are better than every one else...then turn around and be so rude to someone.
Jesus didn't do a damn bit of good in your life "T" when you can still turn around and be so rude, condescending, belittling, derogatory to someone simply because they are different than you.
Hard to believe that a god would hire someone to do his PR work that gets their jollies off of insulting someone.
Pull out some of those verses and post to show us where Jesus ever said to degrade someone with insults.
Read Matt 23 Jesus could throw it out there.. you're just lost Annie..

GET SAVED

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#425269 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I wrote simply that the historicity of Hannibal has not been established. No contemporary writings. No archeological evidence, all just like your Jesus. The Christ part is the myth.
Why must you twist what I write? Why are Christians always so dishonest.
Have you ever lied Huh???? if so you're dishonest

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#425270 Dec 8, 2012
babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this to remind you how full of shit you really are.
Liars all.
X the Hewbrew Scholar.
water_nymph the unpublished writer.
mac the kayaking sniper.
Mr. Wiggles the Swat team wanna-be.
DearthOfCouth the dyslexic bard of e-scams.
G-O-D the gay ex-communicated rabbi.
beijair the witch summoner.
Kaitlin the Wonder Dog hoaxer.
Etc.
It just goes on... and on..
All bluff, no gruff.
Hmm. The peculiar is strong in this one.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#425271 Dec 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Why would anyone who does't believe in the supernatural need an alternative? Only people who need the supernatural would ask such a question.
I know it's hard for you to believe that some people don't need a supernatural crutch in order to lead good, moral and ethical lives. The fact that you do need such just proves that you are not able to think for yourself and have to have someone else to tell you Santa Clause is watching to see if you've been good or bad.
Then, when you find out there's no Santa Claus, your parents tell you that Jesus is watching you to see if you've been good or bad. I realized this was one of he most horrible things we could do to children.
This afternoon, after we are through decorating trees, we are going to have hot chocolate, sing a few songs and then read short books on all the ways people celebrate this time of year. Hannukah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, Country Folk, and Christianity. We don't want our children to be so indoctrinated that they want to destroy everything that is precious to other human beings.
We sing Christmas songs. Then we listen to Redneck Christmas songs. Then we listen to classical music. There is a variety of things for children to learn about the truly varied celebrations of the people in this country and around the world.
You can keep your hate and bigotry to yourself. More and more people are recognizing the fact that each and every celebration of this time of year is just as valid as yours. We do not want our children and grandchildren to be as bigoted and ignorant as you are.
WN While I am not an Atheist, I do agree with you when it comes to made up characters such as, Santa and the Easter Bunny, not being real. My Family did not want to grow up with these fabrications. On the other hand, they did tell me about God. Maybe that's why my faith is so 'Solid and Powerful...

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#425272 Dec 8, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong, again. Hell is a real place that exists and you are going there after your death. You continue to show us why.
Fundies always eventually get to the threats.

Always.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#425273 Dec 8, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Read Matt 23 Jesus could throw it out there.. you're just lost Annie..
GET SAVED
So...you compare yourself to Jesus and give yourself the same rights?

I am not lost...I know exactly where I am.

Have you ever asked yourself why you feel the need to degrade someone if you are so "saved"? What purpose have you in doing so?

It is one thing to argue a point with someone...quite another to just pop in here and insult someone intentionally.

I just didn't see the purpose of it. Can you explain it to me?

I just don't think..."Jesus did it"...is a very good reason. Seems like to me that what some of you want to emulate is just the parts where Jesus was said to have been angry and never the parts where Jesus showed love and compassion for even the sinners. I guess that part is not as much fun.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425274 Dec 8, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then 'splain to me why there is both a Hannibal and a Carthage, Missouri!
And the greatest writer in American history, Mark Twain, came from -- Missouri!
And General Omar Bradley, who commanded more Americans in the field than any other person in history and is the clear precursor to the divine general of the Second Coming, is also from -- Missouri!
It's all beginning to add up now, isn't it?
This type of post is why you're one of my bestest internet friends.*big smile*

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425275 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd think at least during this time of year they could be a little nicer. But they don't seem to be able to.

I'm also tired of people telling me how I have to issue holiday greetings to them. If their butt tightens up because someone doesn't say just exactly what they want said while wishing them something good, then that's their problem not mine.

What would they rather people say...merry effing christmas? Sheesh. The control issues abound at this time of year.

I respect whatever holiday someone celebrates this time of year. If you don't, and you want to control what others say, stay out of my way because I am going to say Merry Christmas to those I KNOW are Christians, Happy Kwanza to those I know who celebrate that; Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends; Happy Solstice to my friends who celebrate the solstice; and whatever is appropriate to others. If I don't know what you celebrate, I'll say happy holidays and mean it. If you want to get your panties in a wad over it, be a grump and do so. It's no skin off my back if you can't enjoy something without controlling how others greet you.

There are a lot of freakin' grinches this time of year. Many of them are Christians. Take the happy wishes of others and go out and be happy, dammit.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#425276 Dec 8, 2012
babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this to remind you how full of shit you really are.
Liars all.
X the Hewbrew Scholar.
mac the kayaking sniper.
Mr. Wiggles the Swat team wanna-be.
Etc.
All bluff, no gruff.
I have never been, never wanted to be, never claimed to be, never will be a member of any Swat Team.
So much for your information and credibility.

Total failure...
babysan

United States

#425277 Dec 8, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been, never wanted to be, never claimed to be, never will be a member of any Swat Team.
So much for your information and credibility.
Total failure...
As you wish...

X the Hewbrew Scholar.
mac the kayaking sniper.
Mr. Wiggles the Total failure...
Etc.
All bluff, no gruff.

Better now?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#425278 Dec 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think at least during this time of year they could be a little nicer. But they don't seem to be able to.
I'm also tired of people telling me how I have to issue holiday greetings to them. If their butt tightens up because someone doesn't say just exactly what they want said while wishing them something good, then that's their problem not mine.
What would they rather people say...merry effing christmas? Sheesh. The control issues abound at this time of year.
I respect whatever holiday someone celebrates this time of year. If you don't, and you want to control what others say, stay out of my way because I am going to say Merry Christmas to those I KNOW are Christians, Happy Kwanza to those I know who celebrate that; Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends; Happy Solstice to my friends who celebrate the solstice; and whatever is appropriate to others. If I don't know what you celebrate, I'll say happy holidays and mean it. If you want to get your panties in a wad over it, be a grump and do so. It's no skin off my back if you can't enjoy something without controlling how others greet you.
There are a lot of freakin' grinches this time of year. Many of them are Christians. Take the happy wishes of others and go out and be happy, dammit.
I had this friend that collected antique Christmas ornaments. She found one that she truly wanted but would not buy it because it said "Merry Xmas". How foolish...evidently no one had ever told her what "X" stood for.

Before any of you get your panties in a wad...read some of the history of your faith.

Either that or blame it on Constantine or the Greek language.

MERRY XMAS!!!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#425279 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
.evidently no one had ever told her what "X" stood for.
Xcentrik in Vidor correct?

Happy Solstice Annie J. and Dont let that clown get you down.........

One of my favorites this time of year!!

Now is the solstice of the year.
Winter is the glad song that you hear.
Seven maids move in seven time.
Have the lads up ready in a line.

Ring out these bells.
Ring out, ring solstice bells.
Ring solstice bells.

Join together 'neath the mistletoe,
By the holy oak whereon it grows.
Seven druids dance in seven time.
Sing the song the bells call, loudly chiming.

Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.

Praise be to the distant sister sun,
Joyful as the silver planets run.

Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Ring on, ring out.
Ring on, ring out.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#425280 Dec 8, 2012
Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think happened to this Jesus that many Historians agree existed?
He died like everyone else that lived prior to 1900. Very reasonable to assume that He was one of the thousands of Jews executed by the Romans during the 1st cent. AD.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#425281 Dec 8, 2012
babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
As you wish...
X the Hewbrew Scholar.
mac the kayaking sniper.
Mr. Wiggles the Total failure...
Etc.
All bluff, no gruff.
Better now?
Oh yes...you are doing great for a 3 year old. I bet you really get under your 3 year old friend's skin with such accomplished insults. You are going to grow up to be a wonderful christian.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#425282 Dec 8, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Xcentrik in Vidor correct?
Happy Solstice Annie J. and Dont let that clown get you down.........
One of my favorites this time of year!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6qcPS-J0HTgXX
Now is the solstice of the year.
Winter is the glad song that you hear.
Have the lads up ready in a line.
Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Join together 'neath the mistletoe,
By the holy oak whereon it grows.
Seven druids dance in seven time.
Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Praise be to the distant sister sun,
Joyful as the silver planets run.
Ring out these bells.
Ring solstice bells.
Ring on, ring out.
Ring on, ring out.
BLASPHEMOUS!!!

You will surely go to hell now...unless...you use that built-in loophole...once saved always saved!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#425283 Dec 8, 2012
The most reasonable explanation of what happened to Jesus' body, historically, is that his corpse would have eaten by birds and dogs, or thrown into a limed pit with the numerous other corpses of the crucified.

"Remember those dogs. And if you seek the heart of darkness, follow the dogs" - J. D. Crossan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 14 min Nohweh 15,726
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mirrormirorwall 683,635
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 1 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 983,094
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 3 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 3 hr Mirrormirorwall 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Jake999 619,689
More from around the web