Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#425244 Dec 8, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt that validated history records people actually believed a man named jesus was resurrected. That does not establish that the event actually occurred.
Correct. There is more to it than that. Nobody denied it. No body produced. If death happened then what happened to the body? Why were the Disciples cowering after death and shouting and accusing later. Why the change? In public, yelling Jesus rose from the dead to a hostile audience? Knowing full well it would put them in harms way? The desciples did not care. They knew the truth and they knew nobody could do them any actual harm even if they were killed because they believed they would resurrect also. In a sense they believed they were invincible, having Jesus as their Savior. That is the way they acted. You have Peter who denies Jesus three times and you have the Peter of Acts 2 quoting from Joel and Psalms. Acts:2:14-36.''God raised Him (Jesus) up again putting an end to the agony of death since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.'' Acts 2:24.''Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'' Acts 2:21. This is all in public.

Location hidden

#425245 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, who is pimping for the existence of Hannibal? His historicity has not been established either. Fail.
So you are saying Hannibal is myth too? LOL!

Location hidden

#425246 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>False equivalence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
BS. That is not a rule of logic. That is nothing more than rhetorical device. Besides all that, the existence of Jesus as history is not an extraordinary claim. You are responding to created phantoms. Stop abusing logical arguments.
You have provided nothing. Citing Ehrman is a non-starter. I've proven that.
You have not proven anything. Why should anybody take your wortd over Ehrman's who i believe is a double PH.D with 30+ years experience?

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425247 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> So you are saying Hannibal is myth too? LOL!
I maintain, Hannibal was born of a virgin, cast out demons, walked on water, healed lepers and arose from the dead.

If he didn't, then where is the body?

What possible alternative could there be and what proof do you have?

Location hidden

#425248 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, who is pimping for the existence of Hannibal? His historicity has not been established either. Fail.

http://www.ancienthistory.about.com/od/hannib...

Location hidden

#425249 Dec 8, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
I maintain, Hannibal was born of a virgin, cast out demons, walked on water, healed lepers and arose from the dead.
If he didn't, then where is the body?
What possible alternative could there be and what proof do you have?
LOL. The history does not say that about Hannibal. Perhaps you are confoozzed.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425250 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
Aha!

So you admit that Hannibal existed.

Now we're getting somewhere....

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#425251 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing old Yeahnoway is imaginary:
Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who rules the land, to the firstborn children of female slaves who use their handmills, including every firstborn domestic animal. Exodus! Movement of Jah people!
Yea...on;y because of my past did I also think of that.
Glad mankind has moved beyond that in spite of religion.

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425252 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. The history does not say that about Hannibal. Perhaps you are confoozzed.
Then 'splain to me why there is both a Hannibal and a Carthage, Missouri!

And the greatest writer in American history, Mark Twain, came from -- Missouri!

And General Omar Bradley, who commanded more Americans in the field than any other person in history and is the clear precursor to the divine general of the Second Coming, is also from -- Missouri!

It's all beginning to add up now, isn't it?

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425253 Dec 8, 2012
The man who made the decision to nuke Japan, thereby unleashing the fundamental power of the universe here on earth, Harry Truman, was from -- Missouri!

“What do I know?”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425254 Dec 8, 2012
Oh sure, scoff if you like.

When you see me and my immortal amigos, elephanting down on you with the rest of our divine muchachos, you'll be laughing outta the other side of your bedpan, Gomer.

The choices you make have consequences, you know.

Location hidden

#425255 Dec 8, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tired of Christians saying how Jesus came in to their lives...they are reborn...they are better than every one else...then turn around and be so rude to someone.
Do you ever tire of your whining? Who is saying they are better than you? Better than everyone? Its Topix!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#425256 Dec 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I see you've already got this figured out ahead of time.
I am accused of spoiling mine too much. There is no such thing!
Well, of course not.
:-D

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#425257 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Do you ever tire of your whining? Who is saying they are better than you? Better than everyone? Its Topix!
Oh...okay...I see...

Since it is Topix it is okay for you to insult and degrade someone else...Jesus gives you a pass while you are on Topix.

I get it know...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425258 Dec 8, 2012
Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but do you know of any historical records that present an alternative event took place?
Why would anyone who does't believe in the supernatural need an alternative? Only people who need the supernatural would ask such a question.

I know it's hard for you to believe that some people don't need a supernatural crutch in order to lead good, moral and ethical lives. The fact that you do need such just proves that you are not able to think for yourself and have to have someone else to tell you Santa Clause is watching to see if you've been good or bad.

Then, when you find out there's no Santa Claus, your parents tell you that Jesus is watching you to see if you've been good or bad. I realized this was one of he most horrible things we could do to children.

This afternoon, after we are through decorating trees, we are going to have hot chocolate, sing a few songs and then read short books on all the ways people celebrate this time of year. Hannukah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, Country Folk, and Christianity. We don't want our children to be so indoctrinated that they want to destroy everything that is precious to other human beings.

We sing Christmas songs. Then we listen to Redneck Christmas songs. Then we listen to classical music. There is a variety of things for children to learn about the truly varied celebrations of the people in this country and around the world.

You can keep your hate and bigotry to yourself. More and more people are recognizing the fact that each and every celebration of this time of year is just as valid as yours. We do not want our children and grandchildren to be as bigoted and ignorant as you are.
babysan

United States

#425259 Dec 8, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Got some Remington 125-grain JHPs I'm fond of.
1,350 fps out of a 4-inch barrel.
Stuff tends to fall down.
I say this to remind you how full of shit you really are.
Liars all.

X the Hewbrew Scholar.
water_nymph the unpublished writer.
mac the kayaking sniper.
Mr. Wiggles the Swat team wanna-be.
DearthOfCouth the dyslexic bard of e-scams.
G-O-D the gay ex-communicated rabbi.
beijair the witch summoner.
Kaitlin the Wonder Dog hoaxer.
Etc.
It just goes on... and on..

All bluff, no gruff.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425260 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I have responded to that over and over inly to have it ignored. you must have short term memory loss, comprehension problems. Where is the the writings of say Hannibal during the time it happened? If that was a historical standard then most of ancient history would be wiped out. <quoted text> Paul is even earlier than all the Gospels and it is there. They all have resurrection in them either as a predecition or after the fact.
You are woefully uneducated about your own holy book. You believe in apologetics, not facts.

There are writings about Hannibal while he lived, silly. None were written about your God-man while he was alive. All you have is third and fourth-hand conflicting stories of his life and teachings.

And Paul is your God, not Jesus. Paul did a really great job of killing off Jesus.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425261 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
And no one is touting him as the savior of all mankind. I've never seen a fundie that knew what analogy really is much less be able to make one.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#425262 Dec 8, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Correct. There is more to it than that. Nobody denied it. No body produced. If death happened then what happened to the body? Why were the Disciples cowering after death and shouting and accusing later. Why the change? In public, yelling Jesus rose from the dead to a hostile audience? Knowing full well it would put them in harms way? The desciples did not care. They knew the truth and they knew nobody could do them any actual harm even if they were killed because they believed they would resurrect also. In a sense they believed they were invincible, having Jesus as their Savior. That is the way they acted. You have Peter who denies Jesus three times and you have the Peter of Acts 2 quoting from Joel and Psalms. Acts:2:14-36.''God raised Him (Jesus) up again putting an end to the agony of death since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.'' Acts 2:24.''Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'' Acts 2:21. This is all in public.
The most reasonable explanation of the disappearance of Jesus' body is that it was moved by the man who loaned him the tomb. But of course you won't accept that because you need to believe he got up and walked around after being dead. If he did indeed walk out of the cave, he was not dead to begin with. It goes against the laws of nature and any intelligent God would not allow you to believe such a thing.

It is made of whole cloth and is nothing but the adoption of a previous myth.

It is impossible for death not to hold one in it's 'power'.

You are so filled with apologetics there is no room for rational thinking. It's believe or die.

Location hidden

#425263 Dec 8, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You are woefully uneducated about your own holy book. You believe in apologetics, not facts.
There are writings about Hannibal while he lived, silly.
Produce writings about Hannibal while he lived.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 43 min Bongo 16,883
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 983,193
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Doctor REALITY 29
slaves and slave masters within philadelphia's ... 2 hr Laura 5
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 27
i want to know asian or latino shemales in seat... (May '09) 3 hr Jeffrey 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 683,876
More from around the web