Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#424922 Dec 6, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no evidence of the birth of jesus of Bethlehem
there is no evidence of the life of jesus of Nazareth
there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal jesus the christ
Not that anyone of the church would want public knowledge anyway.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#424923 Dec 6, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Father. All magic books are inspired by delusion if I am not mistaken.
The best 'magic books' are like Aesop's Fables. If you focus on the cute talking animals (or worse take them as literal reality) you miss the point (or are a small child or insane).

I defer you to Joseph Campbell's work, Mythos.
Lost In Transition

East Bernard, TX

#424924 Dec 6, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to Nicodemus all over again? What did the old boy have to say to you?
He told me to quit smoking.
Claimed he could help.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#424925 Dec 6, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that anyone of the church would want public knowledge anyway.
Note that between the Christians, Jews and Muslims any such evidence would be immediatly supressed.

Note that the Christians are as willing to 'debunk' the Jesus family tomb and ossuaries as the Jews and Muslims.
It has nothign to do with 'truth' and all to do with 'maintaining tradition'.

Also note that Christians have evidence of Jesus in the Talmud but don't mention it as a "proof" because they don;t like what it says about Jesus and Matthew.

Ther is no search for truth at all. That is another lie which drives me from relgions in general, not just Christianity.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#424926 Dec 6, 2012
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
He told me to quit smoking.
Claimed he could help.
Was that the Nicodemus patch or the gum ? LOL

Since: Dec 12

Vashon, WA

#424927 Dec 7, 2012
Nothing in this thread in 2012? Well now there is.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#424928 Dec 7, 2012
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning DF, yup. You now have a "perfect" excuse to do what ye will. If you believed in Jesus at one time and was saved... then there is absolutely nothing you can do about. It is already settled in heaven.. you're saved. At least that is what that particular once saved gospel teaches. Just make sure you practice safe sex though. Might as well go for it.
Was just kidding, mi amigo

Hope all is well

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#424929 Dec 7, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible provides four conflicting accounts of the resurrection, so obviously these are not eyewitness accounts. Since they cannot all be believed, in order to be "saved" one has to choose one account over the others. Which one do you choose?
I often believe that we misunderstand the gospels and the methods of communication used back then. There are no eyewitness accounts of the resurrection itself, but Jesus followers at least believed they had seen him risen. The apparent conflicts can be resolved by understanding the nature of communication in an orally dominant culture and recognizing our own limited understanding of that. JMO

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#424930 Dec 7, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I just told you, that isn't true. I know that jesus is a myth, based on older myths.
Oh you know? What you mean is your mind is fixed and the facts would not matter.
Mithra, Hercues, Apollo, Dionysus, the Horus and Osiris legend of Egypt....
No historical scholar takes these claims seriously. Even Ehrman. It is a dead issue with them but you know more than groups of PH.Ds in relevent fields. If it is all the same to you will stick with the experts on this one.
You're a great one to lecture and accuse others of making assumptions based on "selective or no evidence," christian. You have't one shred of evidence supporting your jesus. Everything is based on the bible and writings derived from it.
I provided you with evidence from an expert who is agnostic who leans towards atheism. I referenced you to read a book. I have no control over the fact you either ignore or it bounces off your thick head because it is expert information you do not want to hear.
Who came first, Hercules the son of Zeus and his 12 Labors, or Jesus the son of Jehovah and his 12 Apostles?
First you need to demonstrate a connect. Next you need to demonstrate Hercules had 12 labors from reliable sources. Hercules myth despised by 1st Century Jews.
Your problem is you want to believe. You WANT to. You may even feel you NEED to because you're too afraid not to. I don't live with that fear.
The core principal of your life is based on a lie.(atheism) This lie brings consequences.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#424931 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is your evidence ?
Got proof of anythign besides your interpretation of a poorly (multi)translated collection of tales from 350 AD ?
The collection was compiled around that time but the actual writings go back to the First Century.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#424932 Dec 7, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The collection was compiled around that time but the actual writings go back to the First Century.
As well as the few hundred writings that your religion banned and burned for the last 1700 years.

Since 325 AD Christianity has been nothing more than the "Cult of the Emperor".

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#424933 Dec 7, 2012
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You'd beurprised at what I've read over the 45 years that I have been a Bible student. Even better, you'd be surprised at what the HOLY SPIRIT has revealed to me through all that reading and research.
And the end result is what we see today. 10,000+ religions and 38,000+ and growing divisions in christianity alone, all with their little mythical holy spirit beings that exist only in their delusion, guiding themselves to their personal revelation.
Now if you could just get that holy spirit myth thingy to agree from one person to the next you might have something.
Until then, all you'll have is the clusterfuck christianity is today.
Samwell

Amarillo, TX

#424934 Dec 7, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumption and an assertion without evidence in two sentences, this has to be a new record.
de∑lu∑sion
Noun
1. An idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality,...
1. The action of deluding someone or the state of being deluded: "what a capacity television has for delusion".
Even the dictionary disagrees with you.
1. I don't care about grammar 2. Some of the most influential people inm,y life are scientists and go to the same church as me. Not only that but they say that they see God in everything that they do. Ya you are arguing just to argue I am truly sorry for your loss.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#424935 Dec 7, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
I often believe that we misunderstand the gospels and the methods of communication used back then. There are no eyewitness accounts of the resurrection itself, but Jesus followers at least believed they had seen him risen. The apparent conflicts can be resolved by understanding the nature of communication in an orally dominant culture and recognizing our own limited understanding of that. JMO
the utterances of a god contain error?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#424936 Dec 7, 2012
Marlowe the Wonder Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mr. Banks. Entailments are bad. Run like a crazy man!
Entailments have been great to the Rockefellers, the Hiltons, the Kennedys, the DuPonts, the Waltons. The entailments have been so food to the Waltons that they possess more wealth than the bottom 45% of the country, combined. The average WalMart employee makes $1,700 a month, before taxes. The employer with the largest percentage of its employees that are on Medicare? WalMart.

Thank you, Ronnie Rayguns, for eliminating the tariff on imported goods that Thomas Jefferson put into place. This allowed the Walton family, the beneficiaries of the entailments of Sam, to go against his initial policy of providing only American-made products. They forced their suppliers and manufacturers into an ever devolving spiral of anti-American and anti-human policies of overseas, sweatshop labor, aided and abetted by Congress and the junket junkies contained therein.

Yet, no tears from corporate for workers in Bangladesh. 120 of them. Trapped behind locked doors. A practice we evolved from after the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire. Yet, here we are, just as uncivilized, as long as it happens offshore, far away, no matter, we get $5 t shirts. So another 120 workers ó mostly women ó who earn 20 cents an hour died last Saturday in a building where 1,000 worked and the fire extinguishers didnít, and exits were locked.

Yet, WalMart attempted to dissemble and distance themselves from the tragedy, cognizant of so many other sweatshops they currently and historically have operated. WalMart, surely you dissemble. Just as in 1991, when you contracted with the Saraka garment factory in Dhaka to make your clothes; then the plant had a fire killing 25 children ó well covered in the news. Fox Business pundit Charles Payne predicted on Monday that,ďI donít think something like this will happen again.Ē He must know that since 2006, 600 Bangladesh garment factory workers have died in fires. Or that another fire destroyed a garment factory the very same day he spoke Ė just two days after the Tazreen blaze.

Lest some of Payneís audience have qualms, he assured them that people in Bangladesh want and need these jobs from WalMart, Gap and other U.S. and European firms. Extending his logic, this must mean the families of those killed will be happy to get the $1,250 the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association has just offered. Perhaps Payne was also unaware of a mid-1990s poll of garment workers in the small island paradise of Mauritius ó due south of Bangladesh Ė which became a sweatshop haven. It found the women surveyed, who slept on the floor during their half-hour lunch break, said they couldnít work past the age of 35. Why? Because they wanted to retire and enjoy life? Well, no. They were so exhausted they couldnít imagine working any longer.

The fact is sweatshops are alive and well and thriving. To satisfy international lenders and garment factory investors, Mauritius banned the union and workers from striking. Despite this, the union and women launched an action and were hauled off to jail. Their offense? They wanted another 25 cents a day. Fires. Death. A $27 a month paycheck. Enjoy your cheap shit America. People are paying for it with their lives.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#424938 Dec 7, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe. Only a liar or an idiot says "I know". That goes for everyone including atheists on the matter of God.
I don't know that I would call them idiots or liars but I agree with that no one has "proof" one way or the other.

All one has to go with is an internal "proof"...that which they feel.

IMO...it sounds no more foolish for someone to claim to have proof for existence than it does for one to claim proof of non-existence.

Then there is this ranting..."PROVE GOD EXISTS!" AND "PROVE GOD DOESN'T EXIST".

Personally...I think that we should be more concerned about how one uses their belief or lack of belief in regard to others.

Sorry for such a disjointed post...my morning is out of sync.

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424939 Dec 7, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
...The core principal of your life is based on a lie.(atheism) This lie brings consequences.
Still recruiting, I see.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424940 Dec 7, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> BS. If a crime scene investigator come upon a dead body with multiple stab wounds and the knife stuck in his chest. The evidence points backwards to murder.
<quoted text> This is what i mean by delusional comprehension. Who said anything about TV fiction?
Crime scene investigators go to a crime scene and collect evidence which is testable. They do not go to a crime novel and take portions of that crime novel and say,'see, it was predicted that this crime would happen!'

They don't use 2000 year old stories to help them decide that the knife was in the person's back.

It cannot point backwards to murder. The murder was in the here and now. They may not have found the body immediately, but it points to current events.

Good grief, you're dense.
Nevaeh

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#424942 Dec 7, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no evidence of the birth of jesus of Bethlehem
there is no evidence of the life of jesus of Nazareth
there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal jesus the christ
There is no evidence to the contrary either...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424943 Dec 7, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
You falsely claimed that I said I don't answer to any laws. I never said any such thing. I said I don't answer to your religion's laws, any more than I answer to sharia law.
It seems that lying is a necessity for waassuupp. It's part of his religion.

And it's not just lying about what the Bible says. It's lying in general about everything and everyone.

What use is a religion for which you have to lie?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min It aint necessari... 732,967
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Aura Mytha 599,907
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Strength and Honor 173,279
Last Word + 2 18 min Bev Jamison 502
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Robert F 538,948
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Patrick 226,341
China Sees Growth in a Web of Fast Trains (Feb '10) 22 min RayH 3
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min WasteWater 257,996
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••