Why I’m no longer a Christian
Burl Ives

United States

#424880 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
See? Now if I cared about opinions from idiots, that would be bullying. Thank you for providing a very clear and perfect example.
With an adam's apple like that, you nest use a Norelco.
Ho-ho, ho.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#424882 Dec 6, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Jesus, christ, jesus christ, all the same; all myth. If you ever read anything about comparative religions you'd know that.
<quoted text>
No. A historicized character based on a mythical character is equally mythical.
OK so you are a Jesus myther. Where is your evidence from history Jesus is based on mythical character? Is this an assumption with no evidence? This ignores the fact 1st Century were anti gentile. They did not copy gentile myth because they were idol worshippers, pork eaters. First century Jews were separatists. You are making assumptions based on selective evidence or no evidence. Two things similar does not mean one came from another.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#424883 Dec 6, 2012
Samwell wrote:
You guys realize that Christianity and Science can coexist, right??? All of the major scientists ( newton, Galileo, Darwin, ect.) were all very religious in their beliefs of God. That didn't try to disprove the Bible they just tried to find out how God works in the natural world. I believe in evolution, astrology, biology, chemistry, and all other forms of science, and I believe in God. I believe that he works through these laws and principles. Ps a church is two or more people gathering in God's name.
A delusion, such as believing that an imaginary friend talks to you, influences the real world, and justifies your actions is real, will not allow the person to learn, therefore, they cannot.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#424884 Dec 6, 2012
Burl Ives wrote:
<quoted text>
With an adam's apple like that, you nest use a Norelco.
Ho-ho, ho.
Funny, there is no such thing in my image, and not once has a doctor seen such on my person, so where is this "Adam's apple" you mention?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#424885 Dec 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> OK so you are a Jesus myther. Where is your evidence from history Jesus is based on mythical character? Is this an assumption with no evidence? This ignores the fact 1st Century were anti gentile. They did not copy gentile myth because they were idol worshippers, pork eaters. First century Jews were separatists. You are making assumptions based on selective evidence or no evidence. Two things similar does not mean one came from another.
I don't believe Jesus was any more or less the "son of god," than I am. We are all children of the Divine. I also believe the 'Jesus myth' separates us from a true understanding of our relationship with the mysteries and miracles of being. But you are, of course, free to believe whatever you like.

Happy Thursday.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#424886 Dec 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> OK so you are a Jesus myther. Where is your evidence from history Jesus is based on mythical character? Is this an assumption with no evidence? This ignores the fact 1st Century were anti gentile. They did not copy gentile myth because they were idol worshippers, pork eaters. First century Jews were separatists. You are making assumptions based on selective evidence or no evidence. Two things similar does not mean one came from another.
Evidence doesn't point backwards. You have to provide evidence asserting your claim or it can be dismissed. Stop trying to force your burden of proof onto other people.

Location hidden

#424887 Dec 6, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Please provide the extra-biblical proof of the existence of Nazareth.
It is an argument from silence. The Biblical accounts are good enough. Esp. Luke 4.
http://www.normgeisler.com/Articles/Bible/Rel...

''Amoung these finds, there is no evidence that contradicts the view that nazareth was a small historic village during the time of Jesus.''
http://www.doxa.ws/Jesus_pages/Nazareth l.html
BTW, If Jesus was from the area where you think Nazareth is, he and his family aren't Jews but Samaritans.
More BS. Luke 4:16. And He (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the Synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read. What is a Samaritan doing in a Synagogue reading from Isaiah to a group of devout Jews?
Manly Man

United States

#424888 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, there is no such thing in my image, and not once has a doctor seen such on my person, so where is this "Adam's apple" you mention?
Listen, man, you ain't foolin nobody in that dress.
Cept maybe Hugh Grant. Har har har.

Location hidden

#424889 Dec 6, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe Jesus was any more or less the "son of god," than I am. We are all children of the Divine. I also believe the 'Jesus myth' separates us from a true understanding of our relationship with the mysteries and miracles of being. But you are, of course, free to believe whatever you like.
Happy Thursday.
You do believe Jesus existed and was crucified via Pilate? I gotta hand it to you nic. Shows a bit of imagination.

Location hidden

#424890 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence doesn't point backwards.
Tell that to crime scene investigators or historians.

Location hidden

#424891 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<
[QUOTE] Stop trying to force your burden of proof onto other people.
If you are making a claim then you need evidence. No evidence means opinion only. Stop whining.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#424892 Dec 6, 2012
Manly Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, man, you ain't foolin nobody in that dress.
Cept maybe Hugh Grant. Har har har.
Really? You think I look handsome?

So, let me see, you are judging someone online base on an image, one that may, or may not, really be them, and judging entirely based on cosmetic traits that are easily altered, especially in a still photograph, but also in reality as well, and assuming that they are "different," which there's nothing wrong with being different, that is until you try to us that difference as an excuse to hate, like you have done. So the real question is, why do you not just come out and say you hate all life on the planet, including your own species, because no one is like you? Why must you try to make lame excuses to justify your hatred?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#424893 Dec 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Tell that to crime scene investigators or historians.
That's not pointing backwards, the evidence still points forward, toward something not away.

Also, crime scene investigation is nothing like what you see on TV, it's not scientific, it's barely even investigative. More cases are lost because the investigators didn't follow the evidence and inevitably pointed the finger at the wrong person than are won by these "teams." If you're going to try to find an example, don't base it on TV fiction, I know you base everything on fiction, but this was one really stupid choice ... again.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424894 Dec 6, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Jesus, christ, jesus christ, all the same; all myth. If you ever read anything about comparative religions you'd know that.
<quoted text>
No. A historicized character based on a mythical character is equally mythical.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> OK so you are a Jesus myther.
I just told you, that isn't true. I know that jesus is a myth, based on older myths.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Where is your evidence from history Jesus is based on mythical character?
Mithra, Hercues, Apollo, Dionysus, the Horus and Osiris legend of Egypt....
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Is this an assumption with no evidence?
Unlike your myth, no.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>.... You are making assumptions based on selective evidence or no evidence.
You're a great one to lecture and accuse others of making assumptions based on "selective or no evidence," christian. You have't one shred of evidence supporting your jesus. Everything is based on the bible and writings derived from it.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Two things similar does not mean one came from another.
Who came first, Hercules the son of Zeus and his 12 Labors, or Jesus the son of Jehovah and his 12 Apostles?

Your problem is you want to believe. You WANT to. You may even feel you NEED to because you're too afraid not to. I don't live with that fear.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#424895 Dec 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If you are making a claim then you need evidence. No evidence means opinion only. Stop whining.
Yes, and you have no evidence, therefore all your assertions about the bible are opinion. Glad you finally admitted that.
Samwell

Amarillo, TX

#424896 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A delusion, such as believing that an imaginary friend talks to you, influences the real world, and justifies your actions is real, will not allow the person to learn, therefore, they cannot.
Actually it really isn't a delusion. You can have both you just choose not too for the sake of arguing.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424897 Dec 6, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
wrote:
Please provide the extra-biblical proof of the existence of Nazareth.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It is an argument from silence. The Biblical accounts are good enough. Esp. Luke 4....
Right; your book of lies is good enough for you. That's because you are a true believer.

I pity you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#424898 Dec 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It is an argument from silence. The Biblical accounts are good enough. Esp. Luke 4.
http://www.normgeisler.com/Articles/Bible/Rel...
''Amoung these finds, there is no evidence that contradicts the view that nazareth was a small historic village during the time of Jesus.''
http://www.doxa.ws/Jesus_pages/Nazareth l.html
<quoted text> More BS. Luke 4:16. And He (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the Synagogue on the Sabbath and stood up to read. What is a Samaritan doing in a Synagogue reading from Isaiah to a group of devout Jews?
Nazareth is not mentioned in any ancient texts other than the Bible. There were 63 towns listed in Galilee in the Talmud. Nazareth is not one of them.
Josephus mentioned 45 cities in Galilee, Nazareth was not one of them.
There is a cemetery under the Church of the Annunciation. A cemetery was never located in a Jewish village, it was prohibited by the Torah. Those tombs date to around 70ad - the time that the canonical gospels were being written and redacted.
==========

If it could be shown conclusively that ‘Nazareth’ did not exist at the time that Jesus and his family are supposed to have lived there… You get my intended point.

As I have said, René Salm has found the Achilles’ heel of a god—Jesus of Nazareth. His exhaustive study and critique of what has passed for archaeological excavations of Jesus’ home town make it absolutely certain—or at least as certain as any scientific argument can be—that the place now called Nazareth was not inhabited from around 712 BCE until sometime after 70 CE. This nasty fact is more than a mere inconvenience for those who seek historical facts in the Gospels.
http://www.nazarethmyth.info/naz1article.html

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424899 Dec 6, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If you are making a claim then you need evidence. No evidence means opinion only. Stop whining.
That's right. Your beliefs about the existence of jesus are opinion only.

Stop whining.

Location hidden

#424900 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not pointing backwards, the evidence still points forward, toward something not away.
BS. If a crime scene investigator come upon a dead body with multiple stab wounds and the knife stuck in his chest. The evidence points backwards to murder.
Also, crime scene investigation is nothing like what you see on TV, it's not scientific, it's barely even investigative. More cases are lost because the investigators didn't follow the evidence and inevitably pointed the finger at the wrong person than are won by these "teams." If you're going to try to find an example, don't base it on TV fiction,
This is what i mean by delusional comprehension. Who said anything about TV fiction?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 min Halle Berry Sister 2,771
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 min andet1987 6,289
Lyrics-name the song or finish the lyrics (Feb '10) 1 min Tom Pappas 27,083
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min dollarsbill 6,379
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min disciple 599,405
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min WasteWater 272,403
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,935
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Joe Fortuna 863,897
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,892
More from around the web