Why I’m no longer a Christian

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424644 Dec 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
I have repeatedly admitted that my spiritual beliefs are no more "facts" than any other. I also admit to being obnoxious and offensive.
What I do find is that boths sides resort to the same "side taking", insults, rhetoric and "holier than thou" tactics. That they refuse to admit it is IMHO an indication of deciet or ignorance....
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
With me there are NO sides...it is what it is...don't take my "cutting" your beliefs as "camping". I have no camps...only actuality the best as I can see it. So, there will surely be times that we will be sorely at odds-and then times that we will entirely agree...
I think 'god' is feeling very lonely and pressured, not to mention jealous.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424645 Dec 5, 2012
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>There it is. That's the point I was after as well. Ya take it all as it is, or you admit that you are in the same place as we former Xtians, save taking the penultimate step......
For some reason, the most ardent of Jesus' followers think we just got up one morning and walked away with no thought whatsoever. They think we were never 'true' Christians. To think otherwise could have the terrible consequence of making them think that their own questioning might some day lead to them leaving.

It was not without thought. It was not without anxiety or fear that I left. I was much too indoctrinated to leave and just go merrily along. It was a hard-fought battle.

I just know how much courage it takes to walk across the divide while they are still making excuses for not doing so.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#424646 Dec 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Great. Now I have to watch out for demons, devils AND little drummer boys.
LOL I am so sorry!

BEWARE OF THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY!!! He has ulterior motives...shifty eyes...and all he ever does is...pa rum pum pum pum.

I have to share...I just got back from listening to Native American music on the street corner downtown. The man was from the Inca tribe and had a wide assortment of flutes that he was using. The Christmas lights were lit...the big tree had been put up and the holiday merry-go-round was twirling...It was a very good walk today.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424647 Dec 5, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello DearthOfCouth. If I may, I'd like to address this post of yours. A few points to consider relating to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. First century Jews had no reason to believe that a singular person would be raised from the dead. The Pharisees believed in a collective resurrection on the day of judgement, and the Sadducees did not. Nobody expected a Messiah to willingly give up mortal life and then come back. In this cultural context, why would disciples make up such a story unless there was a very good reason for believing it? And that only prompts a further question;
what reason would there be to believe unless it had been witnessed or at least believed to have been witnessed?
The bible provides four conflicting accounts of the resurrection, so obviously these are not eyewitness accounts. Since they cannot all be believed, in order to be "saved" one has to choose one account over the others. Which one do you choose?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#424648 Dec 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
My personal motto this year has been...I know I am strange and I am okay with that!
Hey ya gotta like yourself before anyone else will..........

Were all strange Annie, jus dont be a stranger and keep hearing the music..........

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424649 Dec 5, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>

Note that a few months ago Mac, WN and Kate had no problem with me because I was confronting "believers" on their BS. Then as soon as the shoe was on the other foot, I was suddenly a POS.
Seems this is just a game and no one really gives a shit about more than "their team wins".
It has little to do with "Why I'm no longer a Christian". It is a "Whose side are you on ?" virtual reality game.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I can't, and won't try to, answer for anyone but myself here.
I've told you before that I've always liked you. That means even when your behavior is not so likable.
I don't have a problem with you believing differently than do I. If you'd like to blame our tiffs on that, go ahead. It just won't be the truth.
The ONLY problem I have with you is when you go off on a bent trying to prove yourself the most intelligent person in the universe, to the extent that you post personal information to prove it. I personally think that's crazy, but it's your opotion.
Don't forget that he also found it necessary to lie about others who he personally insulted and offended.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> ...It's not a game of 'sides'. It's personal opinion and nothing more.
He obviously sees it as a matter of taking sides. And he resents the fact that there are so very few here who "side" with him. He won't ask himself why that is, though. When he has to resort to lying about people and falsely accusing people of being like and comparing them to viking, that in my book proves how desperate, weak and full of sh*t he really is.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#424650 Dec 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

You are an idiot Larry. And your desperate need for my attention has waterlogged your brain.
What do the girls think? Is skombo irresistable when he's angry?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424651 Dec 5, 2012
T-Town Clown wrote:
Did you know that the wrath of God is upon you without Jesus Christ?
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.(John 3:36)
The believer has everlasting life IN Jesus Christ BUT the unbeliever has the wrath of God upon them! Why? Because they are still DEAD in their sins without Christ!
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:(Romans 5:12)
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; (Romans 3:23)
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:(Romans 3:10)
GET SAVED!
Troll.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424652 Dec 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I am so sorry!
BEWARE OF THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY!!! He has ulterior motives...shifty eyes...and all he ever does is...pa rum pum pum pum.
I have to share...I just got back from listening to Native American music on the street corner downtown. The man was from the Inca tribe and had a wide assortment of flutes that he was using. The Christmas lights were lit...the big tree had been put up and the holiday merry-go-round was twirling...It was a very good walk today.
I won't even ask 'what' ulterior motives. I don't think I want to know.

Sounds like a wonderful way to have spent your time this afternoon.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424653 Dec 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's right; that's exactly what I posted. You don't even bother to try to obey your religion's laws.
<quoted text>
That is a lie. I never posted that. It's right up there for everyone to see, including you, my friend; "Atheists don't answer to your 'laws.'" Your laws,'Sup. Your religion's laws. Atheists don't answer to sharia law, either.
<quoted text>
It sure is, hypocrite. Thanks for lying to us all to "prove" your point.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm just gonna focus on one aspect of this exchange:
you said "my friend" and on this i can agree:)
"Friends" don't lie about what other "friends" said.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424654 Dec 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Don't forget that he also found it necessary to lie about others who he personally insulted and offended.
<quoted text>
He obviously sees it as a matter of taking sides. And he resents the fact that there are so very few here who "side" with him. He won't ask himself why that is, though. When he has to resort to lying about people and falsely accusing people of being like and comparing them to viking, that in my book proves how desperate, weak and full of sh*t he really is.
I don't 'side' with anyone. I either think their opinions are similar to mine, or I don't. I don't have a problem saying it either way. Many times, someone I don't particularly care for will say something I agree with. People get really mad at me at that point and accuse me of 'taking sides'.

I don't understand how anyone can think that all people will, much less should, agree with them on everything. It has nothing to do with intelligence or education. It has to do with each person's personal view formed by experience and in some cases, their knowledge on a particular subject. No one is a master of all subjects in the universe.

So while I disagree with G on some things, I agree wholeheartedly with him on others. I find it odd that someone would take it so hard when someone simply disagrees with their views or their actions. Goodness knows, if I spent time worrying about somebody telling me I was stupid, calling me names, etc I'd have no time to actually live my life and enjoy it.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424655 Dec 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are not 'saved,' my friend. You're going to die along with the rest of us, and feed the worms. There is no castle in the sky, no bearded skydaddy to take your hand and give you candy, or lead you along golden roads paved with jewels any more than rivers of honey and 72 virgins.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"my friend":)
"There is no castle in the sky"
how do you know this???
Think "Hubble Space Telescope."
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>your religious leaders (scientists) call them galaxies, i call them home;)
How do you figure that scientists are "religious leaders?" That's an oxymoronic statement.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424656 Dec 5, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
What do the girls think? Is skombo irresistable when he's angry?
Er....no. But it's good to be able to talk back to him when he can't stand not having control over Topix and stopping you in your tracks.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#424657 Dec 5, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here, Annie, same here. There's got to be something more, something greater than us. Because if there isn't, and mankind is the ultimate....ultimate whatever, then we're in big trouble.
It's much like believing in life on other planets; if we're truly alone in this universe, then--as Carl Sagan once said--"It's an awful lot of wasted space."
I personally do not think that we will ever know but in the meantime...I think people have to find what it is they can believe or can't believe.

My thinking is...

Thousands of years ago there were shepherds watching their flock by night. After the sheep had settled down the shepherd then had time to reflect...look at the stars...gaze at the moon. He asked himself...what is out there...am I all alone...or is there someone...something...that is watching over me.

Thousands of years later...we still sit on the side of some of those same hillsides...or on our porches...behind our computer screens and we ask ourselves those same questions.

We are no closer to answering them now than the shepherd was so long ago. We sometimes think that we are...but are we? Do we even need an answer? If we had that answer...what would we talk about??? LOL

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424658 Dec 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you plan to move to another galaxy without science?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you plan to be ressurected without Christ???
I have noticed that you almost never answer a direct question, no matter who asks it. Instead, you dodge and then counter-question. Do you really feel that people owe you answers, but you do not owe them any? Are you afraid to try answering? Are you too insecure or too ignorant? What's the deal?

If KittenKoder does not believe in your god or your religion, why should she plan for any mythical resurrection?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#424659 Dec 5, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Not irrational. Your post just seemed a bit out of character to me, so I thought I would interject some lighthearted humor with a bit of advice that works for me. ;O)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OL5yplRHE9gXX
I had to post the above link again. It cracks me up every time I watch it. I hope all is well in your slice of the world BT42.
Heheheh!
^5

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424660 Dec 5, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know any born-again Christians??? Jesus now lives in us through the Holy Spirit.
this is not antagonistic talk, kit, this is the hope of all the ages:)
Sounds silly to me. Childish.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424661 Dec 5, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Penultimate step?
I give up.
What dat?
As in "Intel Penultimate." Everybody knows that.

j/k

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424662 Dec 5, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
kitty - i'm telling you the truth about eternal life; you're the one promoting eternal extinction.
Why do you lie to people?

The "truth about eternal life?" Give me a break.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424663 Dec 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I don't 'side' with anyone. I either think their opinions are similar to mine, or I don't. I don't have a problem saying it either way. Many times, someone I don't particularly care for will say something I agree with. People get really mad at me at that point and accuse me of 'taking sides'.
I don't understand how anyone can think that all people will, much less should, agree with them on everything. It has nothing to do with intelligence or education. It has to do with each person's personal view formed by experience and in some cases, their knowledge on a particular subject. No one is a master of all subjects in the universe.
So while I disagree with G on some things, I agree wholeheartedly with him on others. I find it odd that someone would take it so hard when someone simply disagrees with their views or their actions. Goodness knows, if I spent time worrying about somebody telling me I was stupid, calling me names, etc I'd have no time to actually live my life and enjoy it.
Agreed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min nanoanomaly 123,981
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min nanoanomaly 982,422
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 30 min UnstoppableTrump 8,006
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 46 min Liamm 682,005
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 1 hr Johnny 171
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 1 hr Ese678-9 153
Check Ppl Out 4Free B4 U Rent 2 Them!! 2 hr Plain truth 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemales son 286,500
More from around the web