Why I’m no longer a Christian

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424564 Dec 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>....If you want Mac, and he agrees, he's all yours. Why would I stand in the way of true love?
Great.

This is going to get the rumor mill started again.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424565 Dec 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I see your home business is booming still eh "larry"? LOL...how do you find the time to always know what is going on with me and so quickly? And yes since you have initiated every post to me for over a year other than literally one post of yours I responded to without provacation on a day you already posted to me would definitely qualify as obsessed in my book.I dont post to you, I dont think about you, i am not up on what is going on with u on Topix as i dont care. But if you cant say the same then keep doing what u do i guess..not like u have a business u r trying to get off the ground;)
You still don't understand the concept of a public message board, do you?

Somehow you have missed the point that you are as obsessed as any poster on Topix. Remember when I t-mailed you on WSJLM and told you it wasn't worth keeping an argument going for weeks on weeks on weeks? Did you listen? Nope. You just kept right on just as you have here.

You got pissed at me because I kept questioning you. That's fine. But then you went on the same tangent you've been on here. You called me and Mac every nasty thing you could think of, indicating he is nothing but a controlled wuss. This just goes to show you know nothing at all about Mac. He's an intelligent person who needs no one to help him make decisions. Likewise, I don't need anyone to help me make decisions. The fact that we each take up for each other when we see the other as being right doesn't even register in your arrogant brain.

I understand that you are upset that one of the few people who would put up with your arrogant, ego-filled diatribe has abandoned you. But I think it goes deeper than that.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424566 Dec 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing I need to justify mac. I openly admit I have met you insuslt for insult. That came after trying to give you some leeway because of our past friendship and because you entered the fray on Nymph behalf. You used up any grace period I was willing to give. It is what it is. But dont pretend its anything but what it is. You got into with me cus of her p, stopped when she stopped, and started when she started back. i understand the reality why and dont even harbor a grude. If anything I feel sorry for you. She betrayed her faith for internet friends. when she betrayed them she said her computer was hacked. she will betray you and at some point you may come to ur senses. In the meantime do what u gotta do. But I wont take it lying down
I don't have any need to 'betray my faith for internet friends', Skom.

I abandoned something that was no longer valid, moral and ethical for me. You will never understand the strength it takes to walk away because you don't have that strength. You disagree with the Bible but you just rewrite it to make it more palatable so you can hang onto it. That's not searching. That's not seeking truth.

Truth sometimes mean being faced with giving up a lifelong belief. It takes more strength to admit error than it does to continue living in it just so you aren't afraid.

You can judge me in any way you like. You can console yourself by saying I was never a Christian, that I walked away to gain friendships of people I didn't even know, or anything else that soothes that nagging beast inside you. But the nagging beast will never die until you actually face it.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424567 Dec 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah mac that time you apparently gave me too much credit just by coincidence spanned years prior to Nymph and I having a falling out and then again when we patched things up for a day. If it makes you feel better to believe you are acting of your own accord for your own reasons instead of her doing everything but asking you publicly to jump in on her side then tell yourself what you have to. If you recall my biggest problem when i tmailed her was the shameful way she couldnt keep it between her and i and insisted u throw down with her. You prob would have anyway but that she did all she could to get u to says loads about her and she has a history of doing this with others. Believe what you want. I remember it clearly
Okay, everyone gets it. You're an imaginary spurned lover.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424568 Dec 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't sis. Maybe I didn't convey what I was thinking properly, and you took it as an insult rather than an invitation to the future of unity. If that's the case, I will offer you apology also.
Sincerely
BT42
The only way I took it is that I really didn't understand your remark in respect to the post you answered and the manner in which you wrote it.

Since I don't know what you believe, I would of course not understand it.

Unity among humans is a good thing. However, I think it's rather useless to think that there will be unity on Topix. Ever. Even if you and I and everyone else here tried that, it still wouldn't happen. In fact, sometimes the nicer you are the more you get slammed. Look at the Christians who come here actually trying to practice the love Jesus taught and how they are treated and I think you'll understand what I'm saying.

No apology needed but the offer of one is appreciated.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424569 Dec 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Wow that was like an entire page of posts from you to me abd before you even saw my response to mac! You are someone I would liken to a prostitute or stripper but without the sex appeal. You are quite frankly one of the lowest human beings I have come across on Topix. In life there will always be people who lie and manipulate for their own advantage and use anything at their disposal to do so. while it is always a shame to see someone caught up in it that one would prefer not to at some point one has to just realize that person is an adult and is still responsible for their choices. You are a fraud..as a Christian (when u claimed to be one) as a friend, a girlfriend, and as a person in general. Many people know u well and were sorry to see who you took down with you.
Your childish attempts at insult do not work on me, Skom.

And, your opinion of me is none of my business.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#424570 Dec 5, 2012
To much joy on this thread!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424571 Dec 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You realize many of your regulars are atheists or were never Christians right? I am asking because even if you dont understand how Topix works it still would be a stupid comment. Besides it seems like most of your posts are to believers.You seem generally confused. In hopes of clearing up one small area for you, one does not need to qualify under the title of a room to post there. That should help you in other rooms as well:)
Then you should also realize that one doesn't have to be the one addressed in order to answer a post. But that somehow totally escapes you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#424572 Dec 5, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're actually arguing, based upon a reasoned historical and cultural analysis, that a dead man arose and walked from the scene?
Would you honor a similar argument for, say, the divinity of Amelia Earhart? I suspect not.
You're quite correct that I wouldn't honor an argument for the divinity of Amelia Earhart because she never claimed to be anything other than an enthusiastic pilot. She never performed any miracles other than flying which in itself isn't miraculous. Manned flight isn't a miracle. It's imitation of flying creatures.

Jesus claimed to be the Son of God. Whether he was and is or not, he at least believed that he was during his own lifetime. Now we can agree that dead people just don't get up and start walking around all on their own. Such an event is inconsistent with what is observed in nature. The argument of resurrection has many aspects to it. Some say it's a literal event. Others claim it is an allegory.
I say that it's a literal event because nobody alive in the middle of the first century would expect it, and if nobody would expect it, then what reason is there to write about it unless there is some truth to it?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#424573 Dec 5, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>All due respect but gimme a break.Are the posts by Nymph saying I attack women or by Larrt saying Imj an ex con who cant keep a job or by mac saying im on the top of his fecal meter any better? The difference is my posts pack a punch cause they are the truth. Is some of it rough? Yes. But dont come looking in my direction with that level of crap unless you can handle the return serve. I can and quite eaily...it is why these people stalk me for years, it drives them crazy needing some imagined internet "win".But call it all or dont call any of it otherwise it is hypocritical. I dont deny what it is. But I see no reason to sugarcoat the truth under the circumstances. and dont tell me you would.
Pack a punch because they are the truth? Come on Skom, its all built around your insecurities and paranoia.

1'st lie, my business is failing. It's not, to say anything else is a lie. Its alright though, you can continue saying it, it certainly has no effect on me or the business but it says alot about you and your insecurity issues.

What about the girl from Africa who you repeatedly slander by insinuating she's out to con people to get their money? You know who I'm talking about, one of the many you've chased off the other thread. Lie #2.

What about the woman from New Mexico who others have talked with personally and have her personal info but who is to strong willed to let you and the other mysoginist RA push her off the thread.

What about Blind man who was kind and respectful to everyone that you also pushed off the thread.

Truth? You no nothing about the truth..........

“What do I know?”

Since: Apr 08

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424574 Dec 5, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite correct that I wouldn't honor an argument for the divinity of Amelia Earhart because she never claimed to be anything other than an enthusiastic pilot. She never performed any miracles other than flying which in itself isn't miraculous. Manned flight isn't a miracle. It's imitation of flying creatures.
Jesus claimed to be the Son of God. Whether he was and is or not, he at least believed that he was during his own lifetime. Now we can agree that dead people just don't get up and start walking around all on their own. Such an event is inconsistent with what is observed in nature. The argument of resurrection has many aspects to it. Some say it's a literal event. Others claim it is an allegory.
I say that it's a literal event because nobody alive in the middle of the first century would expect it, and if nobody would expect it, then what reason is there to write about it unless there is some truth to it?
Here's what I think happened:

Jesus -- if he ever existed -- was an itinerant young Rabbi wandering about first century Palestine, preaching some sort of new doctrine to Jews. The authorities perceived him to be a threat so they put his lights out.

Next, a diverse gaggle of cranks, shamans, spiritualists and one opportunistic Roman emperor cobbled together a makeshift, elaborate fable based upon local folklore, creative theology, pagan myths and old Jewish texts, packaged it all up and sold the whole bundle for political purposes. Rather successfully, it turns out.

Over the centuries the mythology has been enhanced with new inventions like the Holy Trinity and "Little Drummer Boy."

And people like you, for reasons that I do not claim to understand, hear these stories and find the whole thing perfectly reasonable and acceptable.

Unlike you, I claim no special insight into any of these matters and could well be mistaken about all of this. But that's what I think.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#424575 Dec 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not "atheist" either. I apologize for being so blatantly blunt Annie.
These fundamentalist "black holes" are really beginning to push my tolerance beyond fubar, and it causes insult where it should not on my part. If you have read what I posted cincerning my belief, you might understand where I am coming from...again-I apologize...I never intended to extend that toward you...and probably some others here.
There is no need to apologize BT.

For me it is not one's beliefs that I am concerned with...it is how they display it...how they use it to berate others...

That control of others can come from both sides however and it blurs the lines for me at times. I have found myself at times standing on that blurred line...not my finest moments.

I love this and many quotes by Nietzsche...

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
&#8213; Friedrich Nietzsche

There are times that I have found myself no better than those that I stand up against...again...not my finest moments.

Like this quote of his...I am probably often seen as insane...but oh well...

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

I am like that song by Mama Cass...Make Your Own Kind of Music! LOL

Okay...one last one...I promise...though there are a couple more that I just love.:-)

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#424576 Dec 5, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I think happened:
Jesus -- if he ever existed -- was an itinerant young Rabbi wandering about first century Palestine, preaching some sort of new doctrine to Jews. The authorities perceived him to be a threat so they put his lights out.
Next, a diverse gaggle of cranks, shamans, spiritualists and one opportunistic Roman emperor cobbled together a makeshift, elaborate fable based upon local folklore, creative theology, pagan myths and old Jewish texts, packaged it all up and sold the whole bundle for political purposes. Rather successfully, it turns out.
Over the centuries the mythology has been enhanced with new inventions like the Holy Trinity and "Little Drummer Boy."
And people like you, for reasons that I do not claim to understand, hear these stories and find the whole thing perfectly reasonable and acceptable.
Unlike you, I claim no special insight into any of these matters and could well be mistaken about all of this. But that's what I think.
My insight in to that "Little Drummer Boy"...

First thing...I always found him a bit creepy...just pa rum pum pum pumming all day.

Second thing...I get bored before his is through pa rum pum pum pumming.

Something about that Little Drummer Boy is just not quite right.

Besides...did they even have Little Drummer Boys back then...I don't remember him being at the manger with the Wise Men...the sheep...the donkeys...

If he was...how did he get there...did he too follow the star?

He makes me uneasy.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#424577 Dec 5, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Like this quote of his...I am probably often seen as insane...but oh well...
“
I've always been crazy, but its kept me from goin insane........

Waylon Jennings

Just in case you want to hear it:

;0)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#424578 Dec 5, 2012
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been crazy, but its kept me from goin insane........
Waylon Jennings
Just in case you want to hear it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8ecE1UML1q8XX
;0)
LOL

My personal motto this year has been...I know I am strange and I am okay with that!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#424579 Dec 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, so this whole thing is over Mac 'breaking up' with you?
I didn't ask stupid questions with hidden insults. I asked questions about what you claimed to believe and then you went off the deep end because you saw you didn't have any answers to those questions. I kept pushing you because you were inconsistent in what you were saying. And yes, I have a penchant for questioning over and over when there are inconsistencies in what someone posts.
You think you should be able to repeatedly insult a woman Mac cares for and have it be okey dokey with him. Most men I know would never think it was okay. Real men stand up for others they care about in their lives, but you think Mac should take your side simply because that's what you want. What kind of craziness is that?
You're acting like a freaking jilted lover. So I'll tell ya what. If you want Mac, and he agrees, he's all yours. Why would I stand in the way of true love?
Apparently he misjudged me as badly as I did him, only in the other direction.
Thank you for the compliment, and you're right - I will not stand by while anyone assaults a woman I care about. Skom should have known that.

I wonder why he didn't?

Now excuse me while I go pour bleach in my ear - I need to get that last image of yours outta my mind! LOL.

The Borderland of Sol

#424580 Dec 5, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Great.
Hehehe.

The Borderland of Sol

#424581 Dec 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You still don't understand the concept of a public message board, do you?
Somehow you have missed the point that you are as obsessed as any poster on Topix. Remember when I t-mailed you on WSJLM and told you it wasn't worth keeping an argument going for weeks on weeks on weeks? Did you listen? Nope. You just kept right on just as you have here.
You got pissed at me because I kept questioning you. That's fine. But then you went on the same tangent you've been on here. You called me and Mac every nasty thing you could think of, indicating he is nothing but a controlled wuss. This just goes to show you know nothing at all about Mac. He's an intelligent person who needs no one to help him make decisions. Likewise, I don't need anyone to help me make decisions. The fact that we each take up for each other when we see the other as being right doesn't even register in your arrogant brain.
I understand that you are upset that one of the few people who would put up with your arrogant, ego-filled diatribe has abandoned you. But I think it goes deeper than that.
*blush*

Seriously, I do not understand people who don't grasp simple "equality".
The concept seems as obvious as daylight to me.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#424582 Dec 5, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Great.
Well, like I said, he's acting like a jilted lover because Mac doesn't see things the way he does and doesn't like the way he talks to me.

It's a petty thing to say someone broke up your friendship when you can't see that insulting a person someone cares about is tantamount to insulting that person. But frankly, I don't think Skom has ever had a successful relationship, one that included true caring and equality. He has made the nastiest remarks possible to Mac every time Mac gets fed up with his behavior. Yet, he blames Mac for his own abuse of others. Then he cries that I made him lose Mac's friendship.

This all sounds like a teenage crush gone wrong to me.

The Borderland of Sol

#424583 Dec 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, everyone gets it. You're an imaginary spurned lover.
As meltdown go, that one was fairly intense.

As an aside, I note that the Icon Fairy is burning up mouse wheels. Wonder what that's all about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 49,462
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 646,960
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 27 min KellyP in Jersey 2,111
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,724
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,290
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,565
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr karl44 105,685
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr The Hangman 971,805
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web