Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

edit mac

I see "W_N" continued to make more posts to me, not "you"

Although you really should have stayed on the sidelines considering I was doing her the courtesy of not responding. If you want to get embarrassed again because of her be my guest. I am done coddling you out of respect for a past friendship.

Let's talk real talk. How many times a year do you see W-N? One or two? Yet you guys claim to be dating. Interesting. Based on what? And I wonder who benefits most from allowing you to think that?

And you say I am living in fantasy?

Hilarious

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>What Nymph said.
That could be your byline

“Gettin Up At The Crack of Noon”

Since: Aug 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is a pagan Germanic Myth. I am not a pagan like yourself.
You are more like viking than anyone on this thread.
Good riddance.
wow, dude. you ARE a hater. must be from being a christian.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no respect the clueless troll.
I find it a shame that so many that bemoan viking's behavior patted her on the back for doing the same thing.
Not much difference between the either side.
can i be a kate sock too? can i? huh? can i, can i, can i?? pleeeeeeze??

HAR HAR HAR!!

your dumb. Boo!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

o shit, what did i just do???

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh mac
Nobody thinks i am a fundie
If your head was any further up W_N's ass you could eat with the same fork
As it is I see you continued to make more posts to me. Why don't you try getting your obsessed "girlfriend" to figure out there is no point in posting to me because I won't be replying. Just put it in the memo line when you send her a check. I have seen guitars get played less than you.
You should have stayed out of it mac.
No, Skom, I stopped speaking to you some time ago.

My post was to someone else, and you're butting in.

I seem to have noticed - could it have been just earlier today?- that you berated others for doing that.

Now I'm back to not talking to you. I just wanted to clear that up.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Some Stoner Dude wrote:
o shit, what did i just do???
I'll pretend you didn't, if you promise not to do it again...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh mac
As it is I see you continued to make more posts to me. Why don't you try getting your obsessed "girlfriend" to figure out there is no point in posting to me because I won't be replying. Just put it in the memo line when you send her a check. I have seen guitars get played less than you.
Its funny how everyone is obsessed with you Skom....

Some ex-con from MI. that can't cant hold down a job and spends every waking moment on topix talking about the bible.... Hmmmmmm. Who wouldn't be obsessed with someone like you. LMAO

I see you've got the goods on yet another topix poster. Amazing how you got all these anonymous posters private lives figured out......

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No it was never ethical IMO to kill a witch
Do you actually mean "to kill a witch", or do you mean "to kill a person as a witch"?

This becomes an important distinction if you are going to jump from a plausible reality to a faith based subjective reality.
Skombolis wrote:
Listen, this is a complicated issue.
Is it? I'll attempt to streamline it for you.
Skombolis wrote:
I am not going to simply blame it on man's understanding as some things seem pretty clear.
The responsibility can be placed with all the determining factors that lead to the events. If we can do a good job of divvying up the responsibility, we can learn from that and decrease "negative events".

Killing people as witches were negative events, correct? The responsibility for these events lies with those that wrote the command, those that believed it was justifiable, those that perpetuated the belief that it was justifiable, and those that shared the beliefs but did nothing to point out that it wasn't justifiable. There are probably overlaps and extenuating circumstances, individual motivations, stuff like that, but we can notice the big factors and learn from that. The belief was unethical, the perpetuating of it was unethical, the justification was unethical.

Nothing about killing people as witches, as policy, can be considered ethical, considering the definition of witchcraft in the Bible, and the mindless obedience of some of its adherents. There is no justification.
Skombolis wrote:
At the same time we had things terribly wrong as the blood of bulls and goats never forgave sins and we needed the New testament because basically everything we were doing in the first one was wrong.
Are you saying that the OT was not inspired by a god, or your god, or a moral god, or a perfect god?

If the OT is what I think it is, a cultural product, with no divine inspiration, the errors, inconsistencies, and archaic morals are expected and explainable.
Skombolis wrote:
As a man I would never presume to judge God.
That's what a slave owner would want from a slave; mindless obedience.

If you had bothered to evaluate "God" prior to adopting faith in it, you might have seen what I and many other skeptics have, that it isn't any better a god than the men that created it.
Skombolis wrote:
Some may think this is a cop-out but it really isn't.
It really is. "God works in mysterious ways." is the number one Christian cop-out.
Skombolis wrote:
If God knew a soul would live for eternity, would he have much hesitation snuffing out one that would live for 70 years if it endangered another soul's immortality? Would you if out in the same situation knowing it also had to do with right or wrong? Maybe a similar situation might be would you kill a 100 year old pedophile if it meant saving the life of a child?
The OT is rough, no doubt. If that was the only part of the Bible it is quite possible I never would have been a Christian. Some Christians don't like me saying that but its the truth. But I also know man's morality and God's morality aren't and don't have to be the same thing because God sees things we can not.
But for me, as a man, was it always wrong to kill witches? Yes
I doubt Christianity would exist had they not used Judaism and the OT as a spring board. Even though the NT and OT don't really belong together, they are married.

Perhaps you should file for a divorce.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, what an obsessed lunatic. 7 responses to posts not to you? Why is is I seem to bring out the lunatics of all ages? Karl now I told you before i have nothing to say to you until you come clean on your lies. You that Christians kept "getting in your face" and telling you to go to hell and you not only want that to be considered assault but that it should require automatic incarceration. I couldn't imagine how one could keep finding themself in such a combative situation in real life unless they sought it out and if you wanted someone to go to jail over posting to you on Topix than you are just insane. So did you make up these stories Karl? I say you are a liar? What say you? Why won't you answer?
Just in case you don't have what it takes to realize it..this is not your private message board. It is a public discussion board. If you want a private conversation where no one responds to your posts except the person to whom you addressed a post, then you need to go to text, t-mail, e-mail, snail mail, or carrier pidgeon.

You should be able to figure out how someone is in a combative situation. You come here with your combat gear on and then cry when others don't agree with you. No persecution points are available for that.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if I have this straight.
Karl is an obsessed lunatic.
And you have nothing to say to him.
But you proceed to say stuff to him.
What's up with that?
Watch him come back with a long, drawn out explanation of why he was speaking to him though he had nothing to say. He always has something to say, but denies that he's saying something.

Actually, it's very entertaining.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, it is Cathcer, coming in to defend a poster ina conversation he wasn't part of...who could have predicted that??
And I actually missed a post of his. So yes EIGHT posts to someone when none of the posts they made are to you makes someone an obsessed lunatic. Especially when they have a pattern of doing it. ONE post back which is a REPLY to part of the gaggle of posts to me does not make someone obsessed
This has been today's lesson in numbers for Cather
8 is much more than 1
I will let you figure out the difference between a reply to a post made to someone when making that many posts. You need to have everything spelled out for you but quite frankly I don't have the interest.
Oh, poor little Skombie. He can't control everything and everyone and now has his panties all in a wad because people actually answer posts on a *public* discussion board.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And btw, I am reminding him why I won't proceed further. I think the man is a liar. I have said flat out I think he lied. Someone with integrity would be offended by that I would presume while a liar would simply ignore it.
Karl made a bold claim that all these Christians that "get in his face" should be arrested and put in jail and would be if it were up to him. I think it is important to flush out the insane bigots on your side as well. If you didn't agree why you would just be a hypocrite..again.
I think KArl either made that story up and is a liar or here is a guy so insane that despite posting to Christians as anyone can see, 5-6-7-8 times ina row even though they have not written to him, he would have them arrested and jailed for their response OVER THE INTERNET
So that is what's up with that. I will keep bringing it up every time he posts to me until we get to the bottom of it. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain this. Sometimes your ass-kissing others actually helps me clarify my positions:)
What did I tell you? Here is Skom explaining why he was talking to Karl while saying he had nothing to say to him. Evidently, he has a great deal to say to Karl.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
Edit:
In the interest of full disclosure Karl's claim were that the Christians that "get in his face" and tell him he is going to hell should be arrested for assault and put in jail and would be if it were up to him. Presumably it is the hell part he considered assault?
Hopefully he will take the opportunity to explain if he was verbally accosted in real life and how many times and under what circumstances or if he is talking about the Internet. I think it will be fascinating to find out under what circumstances Karl thinks others should be jailed for free speech, especially if he means online after repeatedly badgering someone.
Karl, do you have the integrity to finally answer? After all, you would take a man's freedom from him yet you can't even be bothered to explain why?
Talking to Karl through someone else still means you have something to say to him. But you just can't help yourself.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't bring up spelling, I brought up numbers
And I see in spell check when I spell your name incorrectly as I type fast and sometimes it leads to errors, I simply don't care enough to correct it:)
I'm sure your pettiness upsets Catcher ever so much.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh mac
I know that it's hard for you to believe that Mac dislikes you all on his own, but he has to have no help from me to see what kind of person you are.

I imagine posts like this one are one of the reasons he dislikes you, but you'd have to ask him about that.

Your cheap shots at Mac because he will not take up for you when you're being an asshole, and for agreeing with my point of view because that's the way HE also feels, tells much more about you than it does anyone else.

So you keep trying to insult both of us if it makes you feel better about yourself.

I'll see if I can find you a boyfriend who agrees with your point of view and will come to Topix to write hate messages to those you don't like. See? I'm a good egg after all.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
edit mac
I see "W_N" continued to make more posts to me, not "you"
Although you really should have stayed on the sidelines considering I was doing her the courtesy of not responding. If you want to get embarrassed again because of her be my guest. I am done coddling you out of respect for a past friendship.
Let's talk real talk. How many times a year do you see W-N? One or two? Yet you guys claim to be dating. Interesting. Based on what? And I wonder who benefits most from allowing you to think that?
And you say I am living in fantasy?
Hilarious
Like I said before, this is not your personal message board. It's really entertaining to see you tell people what they should do, who they should answer and who they shouldn't, and try your best to have complete control of everyone here. What a freakin' arrogant ego.

You're just a funny guy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Skombolis wrote:
Edit:
In the interest of full disclosure Karl's claim were that the Christians that "get in his face" and tell him he is going to hell should be arrested for assault and put in jail and would be if it were up to him. Presumably it is the hell part he considered assault?
Hopefully he will take the opportunity to explain if he was verbally accosted in real life and how many times and under what circumstances or if he is talking about the Internet. I think it will be fascinating to find out under what circumstances Karl thinks others should be jailed for free speech, especially if he means online after repeatedly badgering someone.
Karl, do you have the integrity to finally answer? After all, you would take a man's freedom from him yet you can't even be bothered to explain why?
Didn't you say that you have nothing to say to Karl? Hahaha.

I expect any time now to see 'na na na boo boo' at the end of your posts, you childish, arrogant little boy.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how everyone is obsessed with you Skom....
Some ex-con from MI. that can't cant hold down a job and spends every waking moment on topix talking about the bible.... Hmmmmmm. Who wouldn't be obsessed with someone like you. LMAO
I see you've got the goods on yet another topix poster. Amazing how you got all these anonymous posters private lives figured out......
Oh, everyone who tells him what a jackass he is, is a lunatic or is obsessed with him. Funny how that works, right?

Skom gets nasty when people disagree with him. He thinks he's God, evidently, and can't have people disagreeing with him.

Notice how he spoke to Mac. Notice how he speaks to others, especially the women. Women DARE NOT disagree with him! Why, he's a man!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually mean "to kill a witch", or do you mean "to kill a person as a witch"?
This becomes an important distinction if you are going to jump from a plausible reality to a faith based subjective reality.
<quoted text>
Is it? I'll attempt to streamline it for you.
<quoted text>
The responsibility can be placed with all the determining factors that lead to the events. If we can do a good job of divvying up the responsibility, we can learn from that and decrease "negative events".
Killing people as witches were negative events, correct? The responsibility for these events lies with those that wrote the command, those that believed it was justifiable, those that perpetuated the belief that it was justifiable, and those that shared the beliefs but did nothing to point out that it wasn't justifiable. There are probably overlaps and extenuating circumstances, individual motivations, stuff like that, but we can notice the big factors and learn from that. The belief was unethical, the perpetuating of it was unethical, the justification was unethical.
Nothing about killing people as witches, as policy, can be considered ethical, considering the definition of witchcraft in the Bible, and the mindless obedience of some of its adherents. There is no justification.
<quoted text>
Are you saying that the OT was not inspired by a god, or your god, or a moral god, or a perfect god?
If the OT is what I think it is, a cultural product, with no divine inspiration, the errors, inconsistencies, and archaic morals are expected and explainable.
<quoted text>
That's what a slave owner would want from a slave; mindless obedience.
If you had bothered to evaluate "God" prior to adopting faith in it, you might have seen what I and many other skeptics have, that it isn't any better a god than the men that created it.
<quoted text>
It really is. "God works in mysterious ways." is the number one Christian cop-out.
<quoted text>
I doubt Christianity would exist had they not used Judaism and the OT as a spring board. Even though the NT and OT don't really belong together, they are married.
Perhaps you should file for a divorce.
Brilliant post.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 400,781 - 400,800 of440,796
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

466 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 530,180
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min dirty white boy- 716,816
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min scirocco 114,670
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min andet1987 3,882
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min Hidingfromyou 93,240
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 17 min andet1987 1,483
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 20 min andet1987 5,169
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min HipGnosis 171,470
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 255,737
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr SimmerExtreme 64
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000