Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#424481 Dec 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you are no longer a christian?
You realize many of your regulars are atheists or were never Christians right? I am asking because even if you dont understand how Topix works it still would be a stupid comment. Besides it seems like most of your posts are to believers.You seem generally confused. In hopes of clearing up one small area for you, one does not need to qualify under the title of a room to post there. That should help you in other rooms as well:)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#424482 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I just think it is funny that my day comes and goes and I never think of any of the people that seem like they cant get thru a day without think of me. When is the last time I have in8iated a post to any of you? Yet you, Karl, Nympth and a few others just cant stop posting to me can you? Yes it comes off as pathetic and obsessive. See if you can go two days without writing me first or about me. I promise I wont write you first. Although admittedly I wont have to change a thing and you will have to change everything
good persons stand against immorality

Location hidden

#424483 Dec 4, 2012
@Tide...have to respond here for space. I am going from memory as I cant see your post while replying but will try to address the major points. I was talking about someone who was called a witch. As to whether someone would qualify as one to God only he knows. I am not saying the Bible was not inspired by God simply because man did not understand some of it. What I am saying is the lack of understanding isnt a blanket excuse. Some of the stuff simply is what it is which is brutal. And no I dont think it is mindless obedience but yes it is obedience. And no I dont think it is a cop out for man to feel he is in no position to judge God. I think it is pure hubris to think he can. But to go further I need an answer to my question which i will detail further here. Would you kill a 100 yr old pedophile that you knew would act on his desires to ensure the life and safety of a child if it was within the law?

Location hidden

#424484 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are changing your story. Is it because you lied before? You said Christians have gotten in your face and told you to go to hell and if it were up to you that would be considered assault with mandatory jail time. So Karl, what were the circumstances in which these Christians "got in your face"?
it is your children that I am concerned about
the indoctrination of a minor child into a hate cult needs be sanctioned by Law

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#424485 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Wow that was like an entire page of posts from you to me abd before you even saw my response to mac! You are someone I would liken to a prostitute or stripper but without the sex appeal. You are quite frankly one of the lowest human beings I have come across on Topix. In life there will always be people who lie and manipulate for their own advantage and use anything at their disposal to do so. while it is always a shame to see someone caught up in it that one would prefer not to at some point one has to just realize that person is an adult and is still responsible for their choices. You are a fraud..as a Christian (when u claimed to be one) as a friend, a girlfriend, and as a person in general. Many people know u well and were sorry to see who you took down with you.
Hi Skom.

What the Hell is wrong with you?

Location hidden

#424486 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@Tide...have to respond here for space. I am going from memory as I cant see your post while replying but will try to address the major points. I was talking about someone who was called a witch. As to whether someone would qualify as one to God only he knows. I am not saying the Bible was not inspired by God simply because man did not understand some of it. What I am saying is the lack of understanding isnt a blanket excuse. Some of the stuff simply is what it is which is brutal. And no I dont think it is mindless obedience but yes it is obedience. And no I dont think it is a cop out for man to feel he is in no position to judge God. I think it is pure hubris to think he can. But to go further I need an answer to my question which i will detail further here. Would you kill a 100 yr old pedophile that you knew would act on his desires to ensure the life and safety of a child if it was within the law?
no deity needs apologetic for his morality from a follower of such low intellect.

the morality of the god is evidenced by his actions.

while the god you advance is certainly imaginary, the actions you attribute to that god marks him as a moral failure.

which is certainly evidence against his existence.

you are certainly a christian, no doubt at all,

Location hidden

#424487 Dec 4, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is your children that I am concerned about
the indoctrination of a minor child into a hate cult needs be sanctioned by Law
That isnt what you said before. You are changing your story. Is it because you lied before and no Christians had ever gotten in your face in real life or is it because you wanted to be able to put people in jail for how they responded to you on Topix? Why cant you stand behind your own words?
Steve

Melville, NY

#424488 Dec 4, 2012
to huf cd

Location hidden

#424489 Dec 4, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom.
What the Hell is wrong with you?
Hi Tide. There are quite a few people who know all parties involved quite well that would say absolutely nothing. Like you have stated yourself before, the truth is not always pretty.(or in so many words).Just ask some of Nymphs good "friends". Oh wait she didnt really backstab a bunch of them and try to play one against another for her own gain...someone hacked her Topix account!I call it like I see it. All anyone really has to do though is just watch for a while. The pattern repeats itself. Say whatever some want to hear, ask disingenous questions, play one against the other, pretend to morally outraged, and try to get support from whoever by whatever means possible. nymph really is quite entertainin...if u like that sort of thing. I personally do not. Id suggest you dont know the whole story . jmo
Steve

Bridgeport, CT

#424490 Dec 4, 2012
i ude sza

Location hidden

#424491 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@Tide...have to respond here for space. I am going from memory as I cant see your post while replying but will try to address the major points. I was talking about someone who was called a witch. As to whether someone would qualify as one to God only he knows.
Or, alternatively, and more likely, there is no God or supernatural witchery. Killing someone with faith as a component of the reasoning is unethical.
Skombolis wrote:
I am not saying the Bible was not inspired by God simply because man did not understand some of it.
Understanding wouldn't have been a big issue had the Bible been written by competent authors.
Skombolis wrote:
What I am saying is the lack of understanding isnt a blanket excuse. Some of the stuff simply is what it is which is brutal. And no I dont think it is mindless obedience but yes it is obedience.
How would you define mindless obedience?
Skombolis wrote:
And no I dont think it is a cop out for man to feel he is in no position to judge God.
Where did you get the idea that you are in no position to judge God?

It would be prudent, for someone inventing a god, to instruct believers to not judge that god, so they don't have to make the god perfect, which is impossible. Perfection is subjective. So is morality.
Skombolis wrote:
I think it is pure hubris to think he can. But to go further I need an answer to my question which i will detail further here. Would you kill a 100 yr old pedophile that you knew would act on his desires to ensure the life and safety of a child if it was within the law?
I would protect a human victim from a predator, even if it meant killing the predator. Killing the predator won't always be necessary.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#424492 Dec 4, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
works better than a bible
Bibles make good door stops and fire starters.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#424493 Dec 4, 2012
Hell I even wiped my ass with the Book of Leviticus. Next I'll use Romans.

Location hidden

#424494 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Tide. There are quite a few people who know all parties involved quite well that would say absolutely nothing. Like you have stated yourself before, the truth is not always pretty.(or in so many words).Just ask some of Nymphs good "friends". Oh wait she didnt really backstab a bunch of them and try to play one against another for her own gain...someone hacked her Topix account!I call it like I see it. All anyone really has to do though is just watch for a while. The pattern repeats itself. Say whatever some want to hear, ask disingenous questions, play one against the other, pretend to morally outraged, and try to get support from whoever by whatever means possible. nymph really is quite entertainin...if u like that sort of thing. I personally do not. Id suggest you dont know the whole story . jmo
Is your horrible behavior justifiable?

Are you able to see what you are doing?

It won't be pretty, for you, to have ANOTHER person pointing it out.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#424495 Dec 4, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I volunteer to be another person to point it out: Skom's behavior is unacceptable.

Location hidden

#424496 Dec 4, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, alternatively, and more likely, there is no God or supernatural witchery. Killing someone with faith as a component of the reasoning is unethical.
<quoted text>
Deleted 4 space. Well almost nobody could read back then but I cant really speak to how ppl came to misunderstand as I dont know the details, just that they did. Mindless obedience to me does not question. I question all the time and with answers came understanding and faith. Some things I still question but now there is also trust. Yes I agree it would be prudent say if it was a scam to tell ppl they cant judge although at the same time how would i not believe a being capable of knowing the hearts and minds of men and all there is to know this life and the next wouldnt be in a position to make decisions that I cant judge w/o the same info? And iyou would kill to save (i would too). Some might say that is what God does. It isnt always pretty but may have been neccessary

Location hidden

#424497 Dec 4, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
All due respect but gimme a break.Are the posts by Nymph saying I attack women or by Larrt saying Imj an ex con who cant keep a job or by mac saying im on the top of his fecal meter any better? The difference is my posts pack a punch cause they are the truth. Is some of it rough? Yes. But dont come looking in my direction with that level of crap unless you can handle the return serve. I can and quite eaily...it is why these people stalk me for years, it drives them crazy needing some imagined internet "win".But call it all or dont call any of it otherwise it is hypocritical. I dont deny what it is. But I see no reason to sugarcoat the truth under the circumstances. and dont tell me you would.

Location hidden

#424498 Dec 4, 2012
Edit tide...and since i am going from memory and skimmed it I will just add one more which was an inference from nympyh i want mac up my ass cusw thats how i like it. I am sure if i went back and actually read it there would be a lot more.again..the only difference is what i say is centered around the truth even if just as nasty. but ppl shouldnt bring it to me if they cant handle it. can u say in the short time u have known me that u dont see me basically try to respond in kind, however it goes? it is what it is

Location hidden

#424499 Dec 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I volunteer to be another person to point it out: Skom's behavior is unacceptable.
Wow i cant believe you decided to weigh in Catcher! That came as quite a shock!

Location hidden

#424500 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Deleted 4 space. Well almost nobody could read back then but I cant really speak to how ppl came to misunderstand as I dont know the details, just that they did.
At least one of us is lost. Who? What? When? Where? Why?
Skombolis wrote:
Mindless obedience to me does not question.
That's not necessarily true. Having questions, or asking them, doesn't necessarily lead to a rigorous evaluation. It could simply be a path to further commitment, satisfying the nagging doubt that is all but unavoidable. There's no guarantee that you'll see anything different no matter how many times you question something. If you really want to seek the truth, you need to improve your tools.
Skombolis wrote:
I question all the time and with answers came understanding and faith.
Do you have an example?
Skombolis wrote:
Some things I still question but now there is also trust. Yes I agree it would be prudent say if it was a scam to tell ppl they cant judge although at the same time how would i not believe a being capable of knowing the hearts and minds of men and all there is to know this life and the next wouldnt be in a position to make decisions that I cant judge w/o the same info?
Why would a god fear being judged? Why would it not welcome an honest evaluation, if that evaluation would reveal its "perfection"?

It's too late for me. I've already looked behind the curtain. I've seen the Great and Powerful Wizard. It's a scam. There's no reason to believe that any of the gods people have written about actually exist. They (gods) are all so human, so flawed. What is the point in describing a god, and believing in it that way, if that image is so terribly flawed, and horribly dangerous?
Skombolis wrote:
And iyou would kill to save (i would too). Some might say that is what God does. It isnt always pretty but may have been neccessary
Some might say it was goblins.

Faith should never enter into decisions that affect other people's well being. Do you get that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Genius 106,582
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min The Top Gun 45,265
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Buck Crick 64,380
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Just Think 654,303
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min here 281,945
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min The Hangman 973,915
You are of your father......THE DEVIL. 1 hr andet1987 32
More from around the web