Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#424361 Dec 4, 2012
Edit:

In the interest of full disclosure Karl's claim were that the Christians that "get in his face" and tell him he is going to hell should be arrested for assault and put in jail and would be if it were up to him. Presumably it is the hell part he considered assault?

Hopefully he will take the opportunity to explain if he was verbally accosted in real life and how many times and under what circumstances or if he is talking about the Internet. I think it will be fascinating to find out under what circumstances Karl thinks others should be jailed for free speech, especially if he means online after repeatedly badgering someone.

Karl, do you have the integrity to finally answer? After all, you would take a man's freedom from him yet you can't even be bothered to explain why?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#424362 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, it is Cathcer, coming in to defend a poster ina conversation he wasn't part of...who could have predicted that??
And I actually missed a post of his. So yes EIGHT posts to someone when none of the posts they made are to you makes someone an obsessed lunatic. Especially when they have a pattern of doing it. ONE post back which is a REPLY to part of the gaggle of posts to me does not make someone obsessed
This has been today's lesson in numbers for Cather
8 is much more than 1
I will let you figure out the difference between a reply to a post made to someone when making that many posts. You need to have everything spelled out for you but quite frankly I don't have the interest.
Since you bring up spelling, it's Catcher--not Cathcer or Cather.

And thanks for your interest.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#424363 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And btw, I am reminding him why I won't proceed further. I think the man is a liar. I have said flat out I think he lied. Someone with integrity would be offended by that I would presume while a liar would simply ignore it.
Karl made a bold claim that all these Christians that "get in his face" should be arrested and put in jail and would be if it were up to him. I think it is important to flush out the insane bigots on your side as well. If you didn't agree why you would just be a hypocrite..again.
I think KArl either made that story up and is a liar or here is a guy so insane that despite posting to Christians as anyone can see, 5-6-7-8 times ina row even though they have not written to him, he would have them arrested and jailed for their response OVER THE INTERNET
So that is what's up with that. I will keep bringing it up every time he posts to me until we get to the bottom of it. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain this. Sometimes your ass-kissing others actually helps me clarify my positions:)
My pleasure.

As you know, my purpose here is to help.

Location hidden

#424364 Dec 4, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no strong objections to any of that.
So I'll just ask, was killing people as witches ever not unethical?
My point is, if I may make one, and get a concession on record if there is one to be had, that killing people as witches, under any religious law, new or old, is and was completely unjustifiable and unethical. Whether you agree with me, or disagree with me, I would like you to do so emphatically and explicitly, and celebrate if we are on the same page.
No it was never ethical IMO to kill a witch

Listen, this is a complicated issue. I am not going to simply blame it on man's understanding as some things seem pretty clear. At the same time we had things terribly wrong as the blood of bulls and goats never forgave sins and we needed the New testament because basically everything we were doing in the first one was wrong.

As a man I would never presume to judge God. Some may think this is a cop-out but it really isn't. If God knew a soul would live for eternity, would he have much hesitation snuffing out one that would live for 70 years if it endangered another soul's immortality? Would you if out in the same situation knowing it also had to do with right or wrong? Maybe a similar situation might be would you kill a 100 year old pedophile if it meant saving the life of a child?

The OT is rough, no doubt. If that was the only part of the Bible it is quite possible I never would have been a Christian. Some Christians don't like me saying that but its the truth. But I also know man's morality and God's morality aren't and don't have to be the same thing because God sees things we can not.

But for me, as a man, was it always wrong to kill witches? Yes

Location hidden

#424365 Dec 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you bring up spelling, it's Catcher--not Cathcer or Cather.
And thanks for your interest.
I didn't bring up spelling, I brought up numbers

And I see in spell check when I spell your name incorrectly as I type fast and sometimes it leads to errors, I simply don't care enough to correct it:)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#424366 Dec 4, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I think of it, they did.
That explains it....
Just clean it up if they crap in Cassini's Divide. It confuses astronomers.

Location hidden

#424367 Dec 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My pleasure.
As you know, my purpose here is to help.
And sometimes, by complete accident, you actually do:)

The Borderland of Sol

#424368 Dec 4, 2012
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that WN moved back in with you so I will back off!
You can come to visit anytime you want though...and bring the dogs...I have one of my own.
What Nymph said.

The Borderland of Sol

#424369 Dec 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if I have this straight.
Karl is an obsessed lunatic.
And you have nothing to say to him.
But you proceed to say stuff to him.
What's up with that?
Dissociative Personality Disorder.

Not a bad diagnosis for any fundie - on some level, they have to know that they're dealing in fantasy.

Location hidden

#424370 Dec 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution doesn't produce "better" offspring, only more likely to have survivung offspring. In a sense, crocodiles are "better" than humans as they have lasted millions of years longer than humans without changing much.
Evolution does not produce human intelligence. Pur intelligence is simply the result that in the given situations of our ancestors it helped them keep from becoming extinct.
Rule ONE of evolution:
If your parents didn't have children, you won't either.
<smile> Peace, Skom!
Thanks G

Will try to catch up with you somewhere. Think I am done for now until I go in.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#424371 Dec 4, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Dissociative Personality Disorder.
Not a bad diagnosis for any fundie - on some level, they have to know that they're dealing in fantasy.
Oh mac

Nobody thinks i am a fundie

If your head was any further up W_N's ass you could eat with the same fork

As it is I see you continued to make more posts to me. Why don't you try getting your obsessed "girlfriend" to figure out there is no point in posting to me because I won't be replying. Just put it in the memo line when you send her a check. I have seen guitars get played less than you.

You should have stayed out of it mac.

Location hidden

#424372 Dec 4, 2012
edit mac

I see "W_N" continued to make more posts to me, not "you"

Although you really should have stayed on the sidelines considering I was doing her the courtesy of not responding. If you want to get embarrassed again because of her be my guest. I am done coddling you out of respect for a past friendship.

Let's talk real talk. How many times a year do you see W-N? One or two? Yet you guys claim to be dating. Interesting. Based on what? And I wonder who benefits most from allowing you to think that?

And you say I am living in fantasy?

Hilarious

Location hidden

#424373 Dec 4, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>What Nymph said.
That could be your byline

“Gettin Up At The Crack of Noon”

Since: Aug 09

Seattle, WA

#424374 Dec 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is a pagan Germanic Myth. I am not a pagan like yourself.
You are more like viking than anyone on this thread.
Good riddance.
wow, dude. you ARE a hater. must be from being a christian.

Seattle, WA

#424375 Dec 4, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no respect the clueless troll.
I find it a shame that so many that bemoan viking's behavior patted her on the back for doing the same thing.
Not much difference between the either side.
can i be a kate sock too? can i? huh? can i, can i, can i?? pleeeeeeze??

HAR HAR HAR!!

your dumb. Boo!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Seattle, WA

#424376 Dec 4, 2012
o shit, what did i just do???

The Borderland of Sol

#424377 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh mac
As it is I see you continued to make more posts to me. Why don't you try getting your obsessed "girlfriend" to figure out there is no point in posting to me because I won't be replying. Just put it in the memo line when you send her a check. I have seen guitars get played less than you.
No, Skom, I stopped speaking to you some time ago.

My post was to someone else, and you're butting in.

I seem to have noticed - could it have been just earlier today?- that you berated others for doing that.

Now I'm back to not talking to you. I just wanted to clear that up.

The Borderland of Sol

#424378 Dec 4, 2012
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
o shit, what did i just do???
I'll pretend you didn't, if you promise not to do it again...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#424379 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh mac
Its funny how everyone is obsessed with you Skom....

Some ex-con from MI. that can't cant hold down a job and spends every waking moment on topix talking about the bible.... Hmmmmmm. Who wouldn't be obsessed with someone like you. LMAO

I see you've got the goods on yet another topix poster. Amazing how you got all these anonymous posters private lives figured out......

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#424380 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No it was never ethical IMO to kill a witch
Do you actually mean "to kill a witch", or do you mean "to kill a person as a witch"?

This becomes an important distinction if you are going to jump from a plausible reality to a faith based subjective reality.
Skombolis wrote:
Listen, this is a complicated issue.
Is it? I'll attempt to streamline it for you.
Skombolis wrote:
I am not going to simply blame it on man's understanding as some things seem pretty clear.
The responsibility can be placed with all the determining factors that lead to the events. If we can do a good job of divvying up the responsibility, we can learn from that and decrease "negative events".

Killing people as witches were negative events, correct? The responsibility for these events lies with those that wrote the command, those that believed it was justifiable, those that perpetuated the belief that it was justifiable, and those that shared the beliefs but did nothing to point out that it wasn't justifiable. There are probably overlaps and extenuating circumstances, individual motivations, stuff like that, but we can notice the big factors and learn from that. The belief was unethical, the perpetuating of it was unethical, the justification was unethical.

Nothing about killing people as witches, as policy, can be considered ethical, considering the definition of witchcraft in the Bible, and the mindless obedience of some of its adherents. There is no justification.
Skombolis wrote:
At the same time we had things terribly wrong as the blood of bulls and goats never forgave sins and we needed the New testament because basically everything we were doing in the first one was wrong.
Are you saying that the OT was not inspired by a god, or your god, or a moral god, or a perfect god?

If the OT is what I think it is, a cultural product, with no divine inspiration, the errors, inconsistencies, and archaic morals are expected and explainable.
Skombolis wrote:
As a man I would never presume to judge God.
That's what a slave owner would want from a slave; mindless obedience.

If you had bothered to evaluate "God" prior to adopting faith in it, you might have seen what I and many other skeptics have, that it isn't any better a god than the men that created it.
Skombolis wrote:
Some may think this is a cop-out but it really isn't.
It really is. "God works in mysterious ways." is the number one Christian cop-out.
Skombolis wrote:
If God knew a soul would live for eternity, would he have much hesitation snuffing out one that would live for 70 years if it endangered another soul's immortality? Would you if out in the same situation knowing it also had to do with right or wrong? Maybe a similar situation might be would you kill a 100 year old pedophile if it meant saving the life of a child?
The OT is rough, no doubt. If that was the only part of the Bible it is quite possible I never would have been a Christian. Some Christians don't like me saying that but its the truth. But I also know man's morality and God's morality aren't and don't have to be the same thing because God sees things we can not.
But for me, as a man, was it always wrong to kill witches? Yes
I doubt Christianity would exist had they not used Judaism and the OT as a spring board. Even though the NT and OT don't really belong together, they are married.

Perhaps you should file for a divorce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 765,117
I wish homosexuals never existed...... 16 min Rosa_Winkel 77
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min AussieBobby 263,625
4 Powerful Steps to Permanently Dissolve Panic ... 23 min Dissolve Panic 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min Roberta G 175,050
Bacterial Vaginosis No More Review 33 min Bacterial Vaginosis 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min Black Thunder 42 603,706
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Oxbow 555,079
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 11 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search