Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#424470 Dec 4, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I worship Jesus Christ as resurrected Messiah and not atrocity and i don't know why folks cannot comprehend that distinction.
Then all you have to do is openly reject the OT and revise your doctrine to be positive toward the society in which you reside, and all will be good.
Simple as that.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#424471 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, what an obsessed lunatic. 7 responses to posts not to you? Why is is I seem to bring out the lunatics of all ages? Karl now I told you before i have nothing to say to you until you come clean on your lies. You that Christians kept "getting in your face" and telling you to go to hell and you not only want that to be considered assault but that it should require automatic incarceration. I couldn't imagine how one could keep finding themself in such a combative situation in real life unless they sought it out and if you wanted someone to go to jail over posting to you on Topix than you are just insane. So did you make up these stories Karl? I say you are a liar? What say you? Why won't you answer?
I do not need protection from you.

it is your children that I am concerned about

the indoctrination of a minor child into a hate cult needs be sanctioned by Law

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#424472 Dec 4, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, now butt out.
Butt out of what mac? i havent posted to you or about you in a year and a half. while others are simply beneath my notice with you i do it because it gives me no particular pleasure to rub your nose in anything. But like i said your free pass expired. Come looking for me and you will find me, its that simple. I asked W-N how her son was cause others wanted to know and asked ppl pray for him. she decided to start a fight. i stopped responding to her. Yet days later you decided to take a shot at me. I am not complaining, it is easy enough to handle, but dont get confused as to the facts and who is butting in.

Location hidden

#424474 Dec 4, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I would personally recommend a good cleansing breath my friend. There is no proof in faith. Most see this, the ones that don’t….I would personally recommend a good cleansing breath my friend, believe it or not… I do find that it helps.
Are you saying that my anger with idiots has made me irrational?

Location hidden

#424476 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Butt out of what mac? i havent posted to you or about you in a year and a half. while others are simply beneath my notice with you i do it because it gives me no particular pleasure to rub your nose in anything. But like i said your free pass expired. Come looking for me and you will find me, its that simple. I asked W-N how her son was cause others wanted to know and asked ppl pray for him. she decided to start a fight. i stopped responding to her. Yet days later you decided to take a shot at me. I am not complaining, it is easy enough to handle, but dont get confused as to the facts and who is butting in.
Is that why you are no longer a christian?

Location hidden

#424478 Dec 4, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Didn't you say that you have nothing to say to Karl? Hahaha.
I expect any time now to see 'na na na boo boo' at the end of your posts, you childish, arrogant little boy.
Wow that was like an entire page of posts from you to me abd before you even saw my response to mac! You are someone I would liken to a prostitute or stripper but without the sex appeal. You are quite frankly one of the lowest human beings I have come across on Topix. In life there will always be people who lie and manipulate for their own advantage and use anything at their disposal to do so. while it is always a shame to see someone caught up in it that one would prefer not to at some point one has to just realize that person is an adult and is still responsible for their choices. You are a fraud..as a Christian (when u claimed to be one) as a friend, a girlfriend, and as a person in general. Many people know u well and were sorry to see who you took down with you.

Location hidden

#424479 Dec 4, 2012
Merideth the Lazy Liar wrote:
I gots me a wonder dog! Its big. It saved me from space aliens. Three of them was eyeballin me at da drugstore. Followed me home and attaxed me. Marlowe took a ray gun to the chest. Me safe.
works better than a bible

Location hidden

#424480 Dec 4, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need protection from you.
You are changing your story. Is it because you lied before? You said Christians have gotten in your face and told you to go to hell and if it were up to you that would be considered assault with mandatory jail time. So Karl, what were the circumstances in which these Christians "got in your face"?

Location hidden

#424481 Dec 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you are no longer a christian?
You realize many of your regulars are atheists or were never Christians right? I am asking because even if you dont understand how Topix works it still would be a stupid comment. Besides it seems like most of your posts are to believers.You seem generally confused. In hopes of clearing up one small area for you, one does not need to qualify under the title of a room to post there. That should help you in other rooms as well:)

Location hidden

#424482 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I just think it is funny that my day comes and goes and I never think of any of the people that seem like they cant get thru a day without think of me. When is the last time I have in8iated a post to any of you? Yet you, Karl, Nympth and a few others just cant stop posting to me can you? Yes it comes off as pathetic and obsessive. See if you can go two days without writing me first or about me. I promise I wont write you first. Although admittedly I wont have to change a thing and you will have to change everything
good persons stand against immorality

Location hidden

#424483 Dec 4, 2012
@Tide...have to respond here for space. I am going from memory as I cant see your post while replying but will try to address the major points. I was talking about someone who was called a witch. As to whether someone would qualify as one to God only he knows. I am not saying the Bible was not inspired by God simply because man did not understand some of it. What I am saying is the lack of understanding isnt a blanket excuse. Some of the stuff simply is what it is which is brutal. And no I dont think it is mindless obedience but yes it is obedience. And no I dont think it is a cop out for man to feel he is in no position to judge God. I think it is pure hubris to think he can. But to go further I need an answer to my question which i will detail further here. Would you kill a 100 yr old pedophile that you knew would act on his desires to ensure the life and safety of a child if it was within the law?

Location hidden

#424484 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are changing your story. Is it because you lied before? You said Christians have gotten in your face and told you to go to hell and if it were up to you that would be considered assault with mandatory jail time. So Karl, what were the circumstances in which these Christians "got in your face"?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#424485 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Wow that was like an entire page of posts from you to me abd before you even saw my response to mac! You are someone I would liken to a prostitute or stripper but without the sex appeal. You are quite frankly one of the lowest human beings I have come across on Topix. In life there will always be people who lie and manipulate for their own advantage and use anything at their disposal to do so. while it is always a shame to see someone caught up in it that one would prefer not to at some point one has to just realize that person is an adult and is still responsible for their choices. You are a fraud..as a Christian (when u claimed to be one) as a friend, a girlfriend, and as a person in general. Many people know u well and were sorry to see who you took down with you.
Hi Skom.

What the Hell is wrong with you?

Location hidden

#424486 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@Tide...have to respond here for space. I am going from memory as I cant see your post while replying but will try to address the major points. I was talking about someone who was called a witch. As to whether someone would qualify as one to God only he knows. I am not saying the Bible was not inspired by God simply because man did not understand some of it. What I am saying is the lack of understanding isnt a blanket excuse. Some of the stuff simply is what it is which is brutal. And no I dont think it is mindless obedience but yes it is obedience. And no I dont think it is a cop out for man to feel he is in no position to judge God. I think it is pure hubris to think he can. But to go further I need an answer to my question which i will detail further here. Would you kill a 100 yr old pedophile that you knew would act on his desires to ensure the life and safety of a child if it was within the law?
no deity needs apologetic for his morality from a follower of such low intellect.

the morality of the god is evidenced by his actions.

while the god you advance is certainly imaginary, the actions you attribute to that god marks him as a moral failure.

which is certainly evidence against his existence.

you are certainly a christian, no doubt at all,

Location hidden

#424487 Dec 4, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
That isnt what you said before. You are changing your story. Is it because you lied before and no Christians had ever gotten in your face in real life or is it because you wanted to be able to put people in jail for how they responded to you on Topix? Why cant you stand behind your own words?
Steve

Melville, NY

#424488 Dec 4, 2012
to huf cd

Location hidden

#424489 Dec 4, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Skom.
What the Hell is wrong with you?
Hi Tide. There are quite a few people who know all parties involved quite well that would say absolutely nothing. Like you have stated yourself before, the truth is not always pretty.(or in so many words).Just ask some of Nymphs good "friends". Oh wait she didnt really backstab a bunch of them and try to play one against another for her own gain...someone hacked her Topix account!I call it like I see it. All anyone really has to do though is just watch for a while. The pattern repeats itself. Say whatever some want to hear, ask disingenous questions, play one against the other, pretend to morally outraged, and try to get support from whoever by whatever means possible. nymph really is quite entertainin...if u like that sort of thing. I personally do not. Id suggest you dont know the whole story . jmo
Steve

Bridgeport, CT

#424490 Dec 4, 2012
i ude sza

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#424491 Dec 4, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
@Tide...have to respond here for space. I am going from memory as I cant see your post while replying but will try to address the major points. I was talking about someone who was called a witch. As to whether someone would qualify as one to God only he knows.
Or, alternatively, and more likely, there is no God or supernatural witchery. Killing someone with faith as a component of the reasoning is unethical.
Skombolis wrote:
I am not saying the Bible was not inspired by God simply because man did not understand some of it.
Understanding wouldn't have been a big issue had the Bible been written by competent authors.
Skombolis wrote:
What I am saying is the lack of understanding isnt a blanket excuse. Some of the stuff simply is what it is which is brutal. And no I dont think it is mindless obedience but yes it is obedience.
How would you define mindless obedience?
Skombolis wrote:
And no I dont think it is a cop out for man to feel he is in no position to judge God.
Where did you get the idea that you are in no position to judge God?

It would be prudent, for someone inventing a god, to instruct believers to not judge that god, so they don't have to make the god perfect, which is impossible. Perfection is subjective. So is morality.
Skombolis wrote:
I think it is pure hubris to think he can. But to go further I need an answer to my question which i will detail further here. Would you kill a 100 yr old pedophile that you knew would act on his desires to ensure the life and safety of a child if it was within the law?
I would protect a human victim from a predator, even if it meant killing the predator. Killing the predator won't always be necessary.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#424492 Dec 4, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
works better than a bible
Bibles make good door stops and fire starters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min WiseMan3 45,809
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Just Think 691,912
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 36 min Classic 4,396
__POPE & ISRAEL to SIGN Historic Agreement__ 54 min Dec 2017 News 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 6,687
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Exposing Devil Lies 368
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Tellthetruth 990,656
More from around the web