Why I’m no longer a Christian
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424280 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you're a moron and a liar. You are using the "your a hater" crap just like the fundies do.
I'm not going anywhere. There are too many clowns like you to watch make asses of themselves on both sides. Better than Comedy Central.
Again with the sides. OK.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#424281 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you react in this way? What do you hope to gain by lashing out in anger on the internet?
What do you hope to gain by replying me over someone you claim not to know ?

I am getting the feeling you are a sockpuppet.

Let's see, Kate says goodnye and two posters magically appear to defend her.

You will slip up soon.$100 says those who kissed her ass will deny it.

Friggin game players and clowns on both sides. Pretty pathetic.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#424282 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>....I wanted to ensure that you knew I don't believe there are sides ....
You can;t possibly be that ignorant and not still be a christian.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424283 Dec 3, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Viking is a fundamentalist Fred Phelps type of born-again christian who values self-righteous hate in the name of his god above all else. He goes as far as to falsify posts from other people here just so he can have something to knock down.
Much the same way I've read "G_O_D's" lies about Kaitlin.
I had an associate like that once. He still available himself of the many easily influenced female parishioners that he can while he preaches piety. Fortunately, they were all of a certain age and not illegal. I would not have hesitated to pit an end to such activities. Now, he laughs all the way to the boudoir and the bank. The rampant hypocrisy among my peers was the first sign that what I was providing was nothing more than thin air at a cost, a major cost to the people I was allegedly charged with helping.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424284 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. I think you are a POS troll.
Is there any way we can get back on point here?
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424285 Dec 3, 2012
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she's a strong-willed woman who beat you at your own game? I know this is way off-topic, but the more I read of you, the less I like you.
Can we get back on point here, please?
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424286 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Whom did I defend? I asked you why you were so angry. You have now responded with further anger and baseless accusations. I did nothing to deserve this from you. I have never had a conversation with anyone named Kate. Your paranoia is confusing me. How would one collect on a Topix bet? What is with this sides thing? The way you lash out, do you have a side? A side of one? Is there any way to steer this conversation back to those who are no longer Christian from those who seemingly have a vendetta?

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#424287 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>Will I groan or will I enjoy it? Or perhaps both?
Also: Atheism Requires as Much Faith as Religion (or something like that).

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424288 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you're a moron and a liar. You are using the "your a hater" crap just like the fundies do.
And you are using the "you're a moron and a liar" crap, just like the fundies do.

You read more like viking with every post; petulant, flatulent, abhorrent.

You don't like having your obvious traits pointed out, do you? Have you ever considered trying a little self-improvement?

You -do- have a god complex; you think everyone is supposed to believe, love, admire and respect you. Your desperate need for validation even drove you to post your alleged credentials. You're a legend in your own mind.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going anywhere....
Right; you have staked out your pile of crap, and you will staunchly defend it. Bully for you.

Your Lilliputian intellect is...well, self-describing.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424289 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can;t possibly be that ignorant and not still be a christian.
We are all humans. Why do you desire to fit us into little boxes and what is your intent at lashing out at me. I wanted to discuss why I left Christianity. What is your quest? Unless you deign to answer with something rational, I may just let out a final chuckle at you and scroll past your tantrums.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#424290 Dec 3, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Party on the 22nd!
going to start buying property, on the 15th
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424291 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
i asked you why you were so angry on the Internet. Specific personalities, other than yours, were not involved. You are quite the curious character. Have you considered perhaps meeting with a counselor to discuss why you would lash out at strangers on the Internet?
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424292 Dec 3, 2012
Well, I guess I have been berated and accused enough for one evening for simply trying to direct the conversation to the title of the thread. Goodnight and don't go to bed angry.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#424293 Dec 3, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
Football or basketball?
Curling.

Location hidden

#424294 Dec 3, 2012
the bible
gnadir wrote:
<quoted text>that is just offal
indeed

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424295 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>This has the appearance of a downhill slide.
Actually, you're right. I really should address the issue of "Why I'm No Longer A Christian."

Wellsir, my mom wanted me to become a Catholic and my dad wanted me to be a Mormon. I'm no longer a christian of -any- persuasion because when I was fifteen I read the Bible for myself. Between the self-contradictions, blood and gore of the OT and the war-mongering, bs and self-contradictions of the NT, I pretty much threw the whole thing out, and later turned to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism. The candles, incense and chanting all aid in meditation and relaxation. And the weed my friends and I smoked on the way to the local meetings was nice, too.

Whatever happened to the ten dollar lid?(sad sigh)

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424296 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Viking? I have no dog in this hunt. Your response seemed unnecessarily petty. Your motivations are unimportant to me. This is not night court.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment was directed at Kate, not you. Why are you shoving your nose in something you claim to have no stake in ?
Note the increased hostilitly toward someone who wasn't even hostile toward you; very, very christian.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, my comment was pettey. It was constrained though based on the contempt I have for Kate's constant vile trolling and dishonesty.
If there's anyone here who's dishonest, it's you. I read your post to her where you told her that you knew her family's strega traditions better than she did.

You read more like viking with every post.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#424297 Dec 3, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I watched every moment of it and have Campbell's speeches on tape.
Magnificent, isn't he?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424298 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say that you did. I wanted to ensure that you knew I don't believe there are sides and that I do not have a side. We are all humans. Why do you put so much stock in the motivations of others or what their online behavior is? Why are you concerned if you appear intelligent? Why would anyone hate you? This seems like much ado about nothing.
Apparently he needs validation. Insecure christians are like that. Maybe he should become an ex-christian, and purge all that need for validation.

Location hidden

#424299 Dec 3, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I would honestly like to know how a rational discussion starts with an irrational stance? Could any of you involved explain to me how is it thinking clearly to state that the logical outcome of Christianity, is killing our children at birth to keep them from harm? Someone even saw fit to question hickup for being a literalist…. No matter how I try to look at this discussion, it simply reads extreme to me.
the logic follows the christians claims.

One must believe in the god, to obtain eternal bliss, minor children are not capable of honest belief, so the apologists invented an exception for children, if they die before they attain the age of reason/responsibility, they are granted eternal bliss.

The question to ask is: do christians believe (have faith) in the system they advance? If they do, then they should kill their children before the children are mature enough to sin. Doing so would guarantee the child's way to heaven, and would cost the parent nothing, because they would merely pray for forgiveness.

It can be observed that the christians do not kill their children (often), from this we may conclude, that : either they do not believe in their holy book, or they do not love their children.

The reaction is of aghast, but that is morally wrong! But this reaction lacks explanation and credibility.

and

when did immorality ever bother a christian

you should read their book sometime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min Catcher1 101,231
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 670,552
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,310
hurricane hyjinks by yin katz 6 hr yin katz 4
lsexting 7 hr splashshane 1
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 8 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 91
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr btcmacroecon 286,473
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr Joe Fortuna 980,324
More from around the web