Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#424230 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>Honor? Hmmmm. Interesting. I find the entire exercise dishonorable, from the inefficient, pious charity to the blatant "scamanism" and political shenanigans.
The same often applies to both sides.

As for 'honor among theives", I suggest you look up "sarcasm".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#424231 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, by the way.
1. Which god?
2. That you phrase it "my god" says it all.
Agreed.

By their own apologetics that would mean that they recognize the existence of other gods. Further, in doing so it damns them beyond 'their own god's' salvation.

Theology often digs its own grave.

"Leave the dead to bury their own and follow me." - Jesus

^^^^ Something few of them ever grasp let alone do.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#424233 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>No, I said some. What do I have to go on but their word? You make an absolute statement with no citation to back it up. I don't hate Christians. I think the religion is immoral and silly and the major players are extraordinary scam artists, but hate is not involved. Your assertion is just silly and childish.
Your entire post is a non sequitur. You have yet to address the fundamental flaw in the dogma as posed by many Christians which was the impetus for my response. Instead you resort to vague, unsubstantiated assertions that do not address the immoral flaws in your religion. Why?
I am reminded of the epithets of a child who is told that Santa isn't real:

"You don't love me!"
"Why do youu hate Christmas ?"
"You don't love Santa!"
"You're a liar!"
"I hate you!"
"I hope you die!"
etc. & etc.

Now one could be cruel and after deer hunting, with a clever application of red paint, drop 'Rudolph' on the livingroom floor and tell the kids, "It's over!"

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#424234 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
No, I said some. What do I have to go on but their word? You make an absolute statement with no citation to back it up. I don't hate Christians.
I think you do. Your posts says it all.
I think the religion is immoral and silly and the major players are extraordinary scam artists, but hate is not involved.
No, that is hate speech. No different in principle than defing blacks as stupid and inferior. Your assertion is just silly and childish.
Your entire post is a non sequitur. You have yet to address the fundamental flaw in the dogma as posed by many Christians which was the impetus for my response. Instead you resort to vague, unsubstantiated assertions that do not address the immoral flaws in your religion. Why?
The only flaw is in your thinking. I have responded to this subject time and again only to be ignored. Why ask questions when you will not accept answers? You are just dead wrong and at some level you know you are. You need help.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#424235 Dec 3, 2012
Who is dash riprock.....huh?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#424236 Dec 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
A breath of fresh air.

Dash, register and stay!

“B. Hussein Obama---”

Since: Nov 09

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424237 Dec 3, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the commandments are good; only problem is that no one has been able to keep them without fail.
Judging by the content of your posts, you don't even bother to try. I guess that 'divine forgiveness' routine really works for you.

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>that's why the world needs an A T O N E M E N T!
you may think you're a good enough person without an Atonement, but the laws says you're not
Atheists don't answer to your 'laws.' Haven't you figured that out by now?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424238 Dec 3, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
the eternal promise is & was always 'justification by faith', not by the works of a law. Jesus is the specific object of saving faith.
c'mon pal, quit being so obstinant about the obvious; otherwise you're being a natural jew and not a son of Abraham by faith.
Too bad it's a false promise, isn't it?

No one in their right mind would ever believe such utter crap.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424239 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is a pagan Germanic Myth. I am not a pagan like yourself.
You are more like viking than anyone on this thread.
Good riddance.
Speaking as someone who really doesn't have a dog in this hunt, I gotta say as an objective observer that's pretty harsh, and totally false. Is that how you serve your christian cause?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424240 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no respect the clueless troll.
Many of us have no respect for you.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I find it a shame that so many that bemoan viking's behavior patted her on the back for doing the same thing. Not much difference between the either side.
"The same thing?" Hardly.

I have read many of your posts; I'd be more inclined to compare *you* to viking in your rabid and hateful accusations.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424241 Dec 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I think you do. Your posts says it all. <quoted text> No, that is hate speech. No different in principle than defing blacks as stupid and inferior. Your assertion is just silly and childish.
<quoted text> The only flaw is in your thinking. I have responded to this subject time and again only to be ignored. Why ask questions when you will not accept answers? You are just dead wrong and at some level you know you are. You need help.
Why do christians always scream "Hate speech!" whenever they're proven wrong?

Are you also one of those Bill O'Reilly pinheads who screams about the "atheists' war on christmas"--a false issue made up by christians themselves in order to have something to feel persecuted for?

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424242 Dec 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
That would be me.

Or maybe not.

“B. Hussein Obama---”

---CHINA'S BEST FRIEND

#424243 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is a pagan Germanic Myth. I am not a pagan like yourself.
You are more like viking than anyone on this thread.
Good riddance.
A Former Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking as someone who really doesn't have a dog in this hunt, I gotta say as an objective observer that's pretty harsh, and totally false. Is that how you serve your christian cause?
Addendum:
"You are more like viking than anyone on this thread.
Good riddance."

Pretty hateful for someone who claims, as you do, to "love Jesus." I think you're a lot closer to viking than KTWW.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#424244 Dec 3, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
he keeps re-painting the target on his back
Looks like you should be answering the question:"When will I ever be happy and kind as an atheist?"
Marlowe the Wonder Dog

Charlotte, NC

#424245 Dec 3, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
I've got ten minutes left in my lunch break, so I gotta make this quick.
Final post to this thread; Stephie's kind of angry with me because it seems I spend more of my down time here than with her. I think she might be right. Arguing with fundies is a waste of time anyway, considering their hatred of and resistance to simple logic and reason, not to mention compassion and caring.
I'm gonna miss you, DoC; and macumazahn, W_N, Double Fine, Tide With Beach, Catcher, Hip Gnosis and all you other free thinkers whose names do not immediately come to mind; I'll miss you, Grace, because even though we stand at opposite ends of the religious spectrum you have always been tolerant, kind and polite. I will miss you guys a lot. Blessed Be, and Merry Meet and Merry part; and, hopefully, perhaps Merry Meet Again some day. Ciao a tutti, miei buoni amici.
Waaasssuuup, G_O_D, viking and your various socks & other intolerant, goose-stepping Taliban christian cohorts; to you I say, It's *your* hell--*you* burn in it.
Good riddance, stupid ass. You were as phony and fake as your imaginary dog.

Har har har.
Marlowe the Wonder Dog

Charlotte, NC

#424246 Dec 3, 2012
Dash Riprock wrote:
Betty Bowers Republican Science Curriculum Guide:
Using Intelligent Design to fool slightly less credulous students into believing in Creationism, because facts are Satan's sneakiest weapons.
1. Give equal time to competing ideas
Evolution, slavery, the Holocaust, and Gravity: There are two equally reasonable sides to every issue! Make sure you give them equal attention.
2. Don't take sides
Well Jenny, this is one theory, that the Earth is round. The other equally valid theory is that it is flat as a pancake. You need to decide what is right for you. I am just a geography teacher.
3. Teach absolutely any idea that competes with Evolution that explains the diversity of life on Earth.
* The totally awesome supercomputer on Mars theory.
*. The Vulcan love child teleported to Africa theory.
*. The enormous underground unrefrigerated rub of cultured yogurt theory.
*. The talking snake theory from the historical Garden of Eden
4. Make superstition sound super-scientific!
What scientists observe plus a bunch of invisible stuff minus logic equals whatever you want to believe!
The rest of the universe had 14 billion years, too. So far, evolution only seemed to work on earth. What are the odds of that?
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424247 Dec 3, 2012
Marlowe the Wonder Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
The rest of the universe had 14 billion years, too. So far, evolution only seemed to work on earth. What are the odds of that?
1:1. Yet, you create a false dichotomy. Evolution is peaks nothing to origin, only diversity.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424248 Dec 3, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A breath of fresh air.
Dash, register and stay!
Thank you. Does registering proffer any benefits?
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424249 Dec 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
I wouldn't be foolish enough to give my real name on a public forum, even if it is a common one and the Valley is a large place. Your sentence structure is strange.
Dash Riprock

Los Angeles, CA

#424250 Dec 3, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you should be answering the question:"When will I ever be happy and kind as an atheist?"
I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Mirrormirorwall 683,635
Kyrie makes it OFFICIAL: he's SICK of LeBron!!! 16 min Mirrormirorwall 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 983,094
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr River Tam 15,724
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 22
What did O.J. Simpson do with the murder weapon... 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 16
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Jake999 619,689
More from around the web