Comments
400,041 - 400,060 of 441,187 Comments Last updated 19 hrs ago

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423612 Nov 30, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit x....thought of something else I wanted to ask. Also is there any way someone could remain under Mosaic Law and still follow the teachings of Christ such as turn the other cheek, do not judge or condemn, forgive to be forgiven, and love and pray for your enemy? That is why I think His death had to usher in a new age.(T) PEACE
Many Jews do it every day of their lives, and some Christians do. Most Christians do not. So what good did it do for Jesus to die other than to give a few people on the earth an escape route?

And before you get on your high horse and reprimand me for answering a post not addressed to me...

You're on an open forum. If you want a private conversation you have to do it by some other means.
nachash

Williamsburg, KY

#423613 Nov 30, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>There ya go.
hmmm, even stranger because the whole chapter of genesis 49 is an astrological prophecy.
monai

Williamsburg, KY

#423614 Nov 30, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure someone will soon correct this and say what Jesus 'actually said' wasn't what he meant.
He came to fulfill the law of the Torah, but the Torah has been butchered in order to make him the Christ and therefore nullifies his own teachings.
ya got to read the entrails/innard workings

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

everbody has a darkside

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

hehehehe

daddy's home!!!

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#423615 Nov 30, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Hey dude! How are things with the rich and famous?
Yo Lightbeam!

Going like a boeing, and you's?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423616 Nov 30, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Sanhedrin records in the Talmud, Jesus, Matthew and three other disciples were "witches" and executed by the Romans.
Interesting. I hadn't seen this before. Do you have a resource you can give me for these records?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#423617 Nov 30, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure someone will soon correct this and say what Jesus 'actually said' wasn't what he meant.
He came to fulfill the law of the Torah, but the Torah has been butchered in order to make him the Christ and therefore nullifies his own teachings.
Exactly.

Nostrodamian apologetics, nothing more.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#423618 Nov 30, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. I hadn't seen this before. Do you have a resource you can give me for these records?
Babylonian Talmud:
Tractate Sanhedrin
Folio 43a

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#423619 Nov 30, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Hey Tide...gonna respond here for space. Now I have no idea what your orientation is and am totally confused! If straight I can see why others were offended. Me personally I was not. I think humor is an effective weapon when combatting bigotry. I agree with you........there was never a biblical justification to kill witches either. The Bible says "vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord" and tells us it rains on the just and un just alike and dont worry about who is getting punished for their sins as that is God's job as only God can see what's in the heart and our job is to love everyone. People have been twisting and isusing the Bible for a very long time. But that doesnt mean they were right or that the Bible actually gives them any reason to think those actions would be justified.(T) PEACE
so, in your opinion, is it ok for these employers to deny payment for this medication if prescribed by a doctor to do things, other than prevent pregnancy? just curious.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#423620 Nov 30, 2012
stoorworm wrote:
<quoted text>....why would romans execute witches for the sanhedrin?.....
The Romans executed them for being troublemakers. They just happened to be considered "witches" by the Jews.

Just like Jeffrey Dahmer was a Homosexual executed by the State. Not for being gay but for being a murderer.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#423621 Nov 30, 2012
nachash wrote:
<quoted text>hmmm, even stranger because the whole chapter of genesis 49 is an astrological prophecy.
1. Genesis is retelling ofthe Sumerian Mythos.
2. Exodus is the Hebrew national Mythos.
3. Neither has much in common with the other.
4. The Bible is full of contradictions.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#423622 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey - speaking from a woman's point of view, how do you know she's not using him?
First, you don't think young women can manipulate older men, you don't know young women :p
Second, you think young men are good in bed? You don't know young men :p
Third, you think young men are interested conversants? You don't know old men :p
In defense of older men and younger women ~ so there!
three tongues
:p
Hehehe.

I like my own "raspberry":
:-Ģ

“Love much, trust none”

There

#423623 Nov 30, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
so, in your opinion, is it ok for these employers to deny payment for this medication if prescribed by a doctor to do things, other than prevent pregnancy? just curious.
I have never had an employer pay for any medical products. Most use insurance companies.

Employers rarely get to dictate to insurance companies what will or won't be covered.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#423624 Nov 30, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no strong objections to any of that.
So I'll just ask, was killing people as witches ever not unethical?
My point is, if I may make one, and get a concession on record if there is one to be had, that killing people as witches, under any religious law, new or old, is and was completely unjustifiable and unethical. Whether you agree with me, or disagree with me, I would like you to do so emphatically and explicitly, and celebrate if we are on the same page.
Good morning Tide...

I think that I over reacted to your post to Steve about being his gay lover. For that I apologize.

So often gays become the brunt of jokes...belittlement...condemn ation. There are some that will claim that they are not homophobic but will use homosexuality to hurl insults at others...in my opinion...to say that the person is no better than someone that is gay.

Steve has had his run ins lately with a few and the exchanges have not always been pleasant...insults thrown on both sides. I had just assumed that you were another one of his fans out to see who could come up with the best one-liner.

So...I apologize for the insult that I threw at you...I should know better than to assume!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#423625 Nov 30, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
I like my own "raspberry":
:-Ģ
Ok, but don't you sit there perfectly still!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#423626 Nov 30, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
Through the hellfire, steps Double Fine.
Hi all.
Good morning DF! Good to "see" you here.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#423627 Nov 30, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Babylonian Talmud:
Tractate Sanhedrin
Folio 43a
Sorry, had to find a decent link for you:

Here is a decent place to start:

http://www.tyndale.cam.ac.uk/Tyndale/staff/In...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#423628 Nov 30, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Ooops! You're in deep doo-doo.
*sigh*

Bound for Hell, I expect.

Although I do have this Nomex© suit...

Hehehe.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#423629 Nov 30, 2012
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you learned anything yet? You don't have any history or "prophecy" on your side; all you have is the bible. And everyone knows what crap that is.
In his "Age of Reason," Thomas Paine stated that the bible is a "book of lies." He was right.
LOL! have you ever heard of this people group called Israel and/or the Jews??? you can read all about both their history and how the prophecy concerning them is being fulfilled as we speak!

the THEY-SAY cult is HUGE now, but so was it in the days of Noah!
please consider my personal invite to come out of 'they-say' and come in the ark, so-to-speak, of Jesus the Christ!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#423630 Nov 30, 2012
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity deserves to be condemned, it must be condemned, and it will be condemned.
that's what 'THEY-SAY', but yet here we are, the few (relatively) and the very very STRONG!;)
ladon

Winchester, KY

#423631 Nov 30, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Genesis is retelling ofthe Sumerian Mythos.
don't have a problem with that given the egyptian influence.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>2. Exodus is the Hebrew national Mythos.
don't have a problem with that given the decrease of egyptian influence.
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>3. Neither has much in common with the other.
beg to differ given mosaic influence of the egyptians and solomon's marriage to the pharoahs daughter and egyptian gnostic influence
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>4. The Bible is full of contradictions.
most humans are and language is often a poor conveyor of thought; especially across cultural and language differences and multiple authors on the same subject.

once an idea is grasped words are no longer necessary.

kind of like an old chinese saying: friendship is two bodies having one mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 min BBS 744
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min JUDEletePete 117,974
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min It aint necessari... 733,053
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 28 min yon 2,424
rock n roll ain't noise pollution 33 min pusherman_ 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min River Tam 226,359
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 258,001
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 538,995
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 599,943
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Blck 106