Comments
399,681 - 399,700 of 441,192 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#423242 Nov 28, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
AnnieJ is pure gold, as is NoStress4me and several other people here who have very little in common with me.
I suspect, Grace, that you and I would be able to find very little to agree over but I don't see why that should trouble either of us. I hope that you will always find yourself welcome here, and that you will stay as long as you like.
<<hugs>> Thank You for that DoC, and back at you. I enjoy what we do not have in common, just as much as (if not more than) the few things we do.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#423243 Nov 28, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>See, there's the rub. It is not goodness, personified. It is not even real. The entire concept is immoral garbage and it destroys its adherents. You are implicit proof of that if you are anything at all like your presented persona. You are disturbing. Your religion has destroyed your humanity.
Nope, I have had a good life. Stress free. Obviously, unlike you. You have been molested by your dogma. Raped. Destroyed. You need to seek professional help. Immediately. And, no, I would never have a conversation with someone so mentally disturbed in private. Your sickness needs the disinfectant of he light.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your religion has destroyed your humanity" - EXACTLY!!!
And you're *PROUD* of that??
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>the destruction of the fallen human nature is signified in the ceremony of....
You are insane.

You refuse to be reasoned with. You live in your own little world, far divorced from reality. You are a waste of time.

Location hidden

#423244 Nov 28, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
But it doesn't answer the question; it merely frames it.
I don't know the answer

But considering there is a difference between proscribing behavior and forcing someone to pay for it and that we are the last industrialized nation in the world without universal healthcare, we may not have any precedent on-point. This may be setting a new one

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423246 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not afraid to talk about specific behaviors as it's obvious to anyone who's objective who it is who's being nasty to who on this thread
That's your typical reaction to having your lies and hypocrisy pointed out. You just hate that, don't you?

Location hidden

#423247 Nov 28, 2012
Edit Hip

Meant to say "you kept saying" not "you keep saying"

Although I may be hair splitting and you are still implying quotes can basically be manipulated to make it look like someone has a position they don't and someone needs to do more in-depth research because it would be a mistake to rely on the quotes. Well in some cases that may be true, do you have any reason to think it is the case with these quotes?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#423248 Nov 28, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the answer
But considering there is a difference between proscribing behavior and forcing someone to pay for it and that we are the last industrialized nation in the world without universal healthcare, we may not have any precedent on-point. This may be setting a new one
I don't have an answer either.

I rarely do.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#423249 Nov 28, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
Edit New Age
Sorry, mneant to say if your business is run solely by those of faith AND all their employess are of the same faith as well. Obviously just cause the owner does or doesn't believe something he shouldn't be able to force his beliefs on others or withhold benefits from those who don't share his beliefs.
But at the same if an entire group feels a certain way for religious reasons then I don't think the government should be able to force them to do something they feel is against their beliefs. Within reason of course. Obviously someone can't say, well my religion tells me it is wrong to pay my employees their salary is something like that which is in violation of law and contract.
But if I owed a business put together for religious reasons and with people who shared my beliefs or said they did then no way would I pay for women to get ru40 or any other 'morning after' pill as I am against abortion and I think it is only fair I wouldn't have to if. But I understand why I would be opening myself up to the liability if I didn't hire based on belief but then tried not to pay for something claiming belief
(T0 Peace
I understand what you are saying, and I think those "details" will be applied accordingly.

The scenario I posited was just that - speculation if a court will look at the details in that regard.

As we can see - there are many mitigating factors involved.

It will be interesting on how it all plays out.

Cheers!

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423250 Nov 28, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no truth; all you have is lies, which I will continue to refute with the truth.
<quoted text>
Okay, fine; start taking baby steps in agreeing with *me.*
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Okay, fine; start taking baby steps in agreeing with *me*"
okay, let's do it!
we ain't gonna talk about that evolution fantasy that can't be proven in several billion years, are we?
You have to agree with me that evolution is a proven fact while your buybull is a book of lies and your jesus is a myth; otherwise we have nothing to discuss.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423251 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I push nothing on others; I don't demand that people join in *my* spiritual beliefs. I don't use childish scare tactics in a lame attempt to sway people's opinions, or to seek recruits; that is exclusively yours.
<quoted text>
You don't have any paradise to offer.
You have the mindset of a rapist.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't DEMAND anything from anybody!
You demand that everyone accept your false hypothesis that the bible is god's word and that science is satanic and anti-christian.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> i'm here debating just like you and you can't bully me away from it;)
You don't know what the word "debate" means.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>"I don't use childish scare tactics"
you don't call eternal annhilation hopeless, depressing and terrifying???
Those are childish scare tactics. Thanks for proving my point.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423252 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
The myth of Hercules--the son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--is several thousand years older than your jesus and his alleged twelve apostles.
Where do you think the jesus idea came from?
<quoted text>
I repeat: The myth of Hercules--the son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--is several thousand years older than your jesus and his alleged twelve apostles. Are you attempting to deny what you know is real and true?
It sure looks like it!
<quoted text>
And your ignorance is indescribable.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
its' funny how the Bible remains on the best seller list ALWAYS but books about zeus don't!
How 'bout you address what I posted? Oh, wait; you don't *want* to, because you know I'm right and you can't bring your misogynistic self to admit it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> in fact, i can't even find a church of zeus in my city, but i can't swing a dead cat & not hit one that teaches about Jesus!
Your religion reminds me of that old magician's saying: "People *want* to be fooled, so let's fool 'em."
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> no excuses, kait, and i'm just prepping you for your day in court.
I don't answer to your kangaroo court.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423253 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
What are you buying your wife for la festa dell' inverno--the winter solstice?
<quoted text>
Actually, you do; you just don't realize it. Celebration of the Winter Solstice--Dec. 21-22--came long, long, long before the catholics invented Christmas.
I don't celebrate "christmas," and neither does anyone in my family. I choose to spend it working, and making a positive difference in my community.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
we're having a 'Testify of Christ' day right up in here now! EVERY day is a Holy day in God:)
In your world, maybe, but not in the real one.

Ann Arbor, MI

#423254 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
to be a Christian to me means to be justified by faith in Jesus.

i'm afraid that to be a 'christian' to most of christendom means to follow Jesus' teachings, as if Jesus was only a great teacher/person.

please consider how abel, abraham, isaac, jacob, david...etc obtained favor from God, whether it came through their own goodness/works or by believing God, which was accounted to them as righteousness:)
OK. So in your own opinion, what does it mean to be justified by faith in Jesus?

Have you heard the saying that works are the fruit of faith? They are not the means to God, but the outcome of a faith based life in my honest opinion. Jesus did not simply preach his message, he lived it, and by doing so in my opinion he became (as intended) the living example of what faith and God’s love can do in and for our own lives. To me receiving Christ as your Savior and placing your faith in God is only one part of what it is to be a Christian.

I do not think that faith alone put the above examples(…etc) in God‘s favor. I believe that it was the actions they chose to take based on their personal faith in God, that earned his favor. Let me explain my own view from a different direction if I may. The Bible says that faith is a gift from God, so why would God favor us for simply having a gift given to us? I believe that what we personally choose do with our gift, is just as important as the receiving of it.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423255 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I know; christianity has "borrowed" much from other religions, including the idea of Karma from the Buddhists.
<quoted text>
Yet you don't live by that yourself; you just expect others to, because it really doesn't apply to you since you claim that you're "forgiven" and all.
Besides, jesus never said anything; he never existed.
<quoted text>
Pagans were around long before you christians. "Karma"--the idea that what goes around eventually comes asround--is a Buddhist concept, far older than christianity.
<quoted text>
And naturally, since you're losing the argument, this is where you drag out your old buddy Satan--your favorite whipping boy, who lives only inside the sick and hateful imaginations of those who believe in it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yet you don't live by that yourself"
huh??? how many times now have i told you that i like you,
What's that got to do with anything?

You claim you follow the christian path, yet you demonstrate your contempt for it by violating it continuously. Stealing from your boss, hiding your "secret Topix life" from your wife and family because you want to pick up women here, and you get to forgive yourself for it. That's christianity for you.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>i think you're funny, beautiful, cool,
Really? What does your *wife* think? Why do you sneak around here behind her back?

Why don't you wish your *wife* eternal blessing"
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> "Pagans were around long before you christians"
pagans were around since adam & eve turned pagan,
Adam and Eve never existed. That's one of your buybull lies.

Why do you want to build "our relationship" on a bunch of lies?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423256 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution naturally delivers
<quoted text>
You know as well as everyone else that evolution is a scientific fact and an occurrence of Nature. What makes you want to call it a religion? Is it just your own stupidity and childishness?
<quoted text>
Translation: "I have no fucking idea of how the evolutionary process works, and I refuse to be educated."
"Billions of years," aaasssuuuup? The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hon (you call me asssuup, i (get to) call you hon:),
"The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old"
you of course were able to witness this transformation yourself
Did you see Adam and Eve for yourself? The Flood? The "resurrection?" No--yet you claim these fairytales to be real.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> and that's why, a skeptic like you, believes this stuff???
I understand science, I understand the scientific method, and I understand your bullshit religion.5320

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423257 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
You clearly condone the antisocial behavior of your fellow christians coward viking, just results, no-knowledge and lord ha ha.
You approve of anything done by your fellow christians; after all, they're all forgiven, aren't they? Just like you.
<quoted text>
Once again, you don't have the balls to answer my question.
As for sins, I have none; I have plenty of *faults,* but no sins. I am not of your imaginary god, I am not of your sick and hateful religion. Your jesusgod didn't create me or anything else. I don't answer to a fictional character.
Get it in your head.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't answer to a fictional character"
and you're sure that God is a fictional character, how???
I read your buybull; it convinced me that your god is a fictional character.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>could one of your *faults* be that you're defensively closed to the idea because of pride & prejudice?
Says the proud christian who refuses to recognize the legitimacy of any other religion or religions.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus has you covered for those too, kait:)
Your jesus is a fictional character. I do not answer to fictional characters.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423258 Nov 28, 2012
We expect you to own up to your own standards; you refuse. You claim to be exempt from the standards you would impose on us because you're a christian and you tell yourself you're forgiven, so you can be as irresponsible and hypocritical as you want.
<quoted text>
Yet you tell yourself that does not apply to you because of your "divinge forgiveness."
Cazzo stronzo.
<quoted text>
Not living up to your own standards, that you claim a to have a right to impose on us. "Thou shalt not steal," yet you steal from your boss. "Thou shalt not lie," yet you lie to your wife by not informing her of your Topix life, while you hit on women here.
You refuse to take "no" as an answer, which clearly demonstrates your rapist mentality.
How does it feel to get his with your own measuring stick?
"But I'm forgiven by jesus, so I can keep on doing it!" I can hear you telling yourself.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're funny! i've told you many times that it's my prerogative how i use my time when working on projects.
Translation: "No, I *don't* have to live up to the standards that I would impose on everyone else."
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> working on-line is not like working at a vets clinic - end of story!
Translation: "I *can* steal from my boss, because jesus forgives me--end of story!"

You're god damned right it's the end of the story. Fuck off, hypocrite.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423260 Nov 28, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like it was more of a test to see if they (Adam and Eve) would step forward and come clean voluntarily. As we all know that we can't hide from God according to the Bible.
Hi, Al!!

What brings *you* to this wretched hell-hole--I mean, this delightful little hell-hole?

{*hug! smooch!!*}

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#423261 Nov 28, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
There is no such thing as 'USED to be' a christian. If you're not a christian today...you were NEVER a REAL christan to begin with.
*You* don't get to make that call.

Ann Arbor, MI

#423264 Nov 28, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I think we are going to go out for Christmas dinner this year. It's just so much easier on everyone and we get to spend more time talking and less time cooking and washing dishes/cleaning kitchen. We'll make desserts and homemade breads to make sandwiches while sitting up late watching movies.
Hey Water, good to read you! We went out the Christmas prior to our youngest son being born. He was an early January baby and we had a major upheaval that year due to all the hurricanes. I was feeling fat and happy that holiday season….but I had very little energy for some reason LOL! Family members liked to visit us from the North for some reason when we lived in Orlando, so as usual the gang was all there. Wait a second….. I think I remember saying afterwards, that we should do it every year!!

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#423265 Nov 28, 2012
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Employers pay the health-care premiums, in total or in part, for their employees. So they are paying for it too. And if they don't comply they are fined
"Church-affiliated universities, hospitals and charities would not have to provide or pay for such coverage. Instead, the White House said, coverage for birth control could be offered to women directly by their employers’ insurance companies,“with no role for religious employers who oppose contraception.”
I'm sure I read a survey that showed 98% of Catholic women reported utilizing birth control goods and services in their lifetime.

So.....really, it's just a gaggle of pious men of the Lord that's been offended, and this is one way o'keepin' them wanton daughters of Eve in check.

I wonder if they'd cover burkas? To prevent sunburn, of course........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min seriously the ori... 539,240
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tide with Beach 733,273
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min dirty white boy- 600,021
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 1 hr Don 91
Alicia Yarbrough Bippus! (Apr '12) 1 hr Suzie-C 4
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr playful 756
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 2 hr meme 477
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr religionislies 226,397
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr MUQ1 258,090
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••