Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#423180 Nov 28, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
So, You understood exactly why I was calling some of the Christians on here a "Pharisee".. To be completly honest, I use to be just like that a few years ago...Someone called me a pharisee...I didn't understand why, so I started searching, AND she was exactly right..Thats when I started really searching the scriptures and found the Grace Message. It changed everything that I ever thought was true..Sometimes, words may hurt but they can also help..Thanks again for posting it. Maybe it will open someone else's eyes.:)
"I use to be just like that a few years ago..."

so did it help you to come out from being a pharisee when people returned evil for evil/phariseeism for phariseeism back to you, or did the goodness/grace of God lead you to repentance?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423181 Nov 28, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>it is sexist and misogynistic, but, then again, that is your shtick, Jerry. Just for you: Lonely Planet. Bwahahahahahaha. You and wasssuup have so much in common. Silly theology. A hatred of women. Using the Internet to pick up the babes! But, failing miserably and tossing off into,a tube sock. Lonely, lonely planet.
hold on thar for a minute!
i've NEVER picked up a woman thru the internet or any other way since i've been married. if you're referring to my sense of humor, i reserve the right to keep it, thank you very much and it's much less malicious and blatantly insulting than yours!

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#423182 Nov 28, 2012
Hello gang! I'm almost done with finals for this semester and I needed something to occupy my time during the break. Here are some tidbits for the Christians to chew on:
Original sin, sometimes called ancestral sin, according to a doctrine proposed in Christian theology, is humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man. It is regarded as the general condition of sinfulness into which humans are born, distinct from the actual sins that a person commits. This teaching explicitly states that original sin does not have the character of a personal fault in any individual, but human beings bear the "original guilt" from Adam and Eve's particular sin. The prevailing view held in Eastern Orthodoxy is that human beings bear no guilt for the sin of Adam and Eve. The doctrine of original sin exists only in the Western Christian church.
The doctrine was first developed in 2nd-century by Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon and codified at the council of Nicea in 325 AD. Prior to this the doctrine did not exist. It is actually in direct conflict to Torah. Deuteronomy 24:16 specifically states:
“Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin.“
If God’s law forbids children being held accountable for the sins of the fathers, this would apply equally to the sins committed by Adam. The doctrine of original sin is false.
Not only that, but God never cursed Adam’s flesh, he cursed the ground:
“Then to Adam He said,“Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying,‘You shall not eat of it’:“Cursed is the ground for your sake; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, and you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread ‘till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for dust you are, and to dust you shall return.”
- Genesis 3:18-19
He later rescinded that curse in Genesis 8:21:
“…Then the LORD said in His heart,“I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake.”
This also conflicts with the Christian doctrine which teaches the Messiah could not be born from the seed of a man because his flesh was corrupt, since God did not curse Adam’s flesh. However he did curse Eve’s flesh:
To the woman He said:
“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”
Eve’s curse was a curse of the flesh, and if anything, the Messiah could not have been born of a woman because HER FLESH was cursed.
_

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423183 Nov 28, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no truth; all you have is lies, which I will continue to refute with the truth.
<quoted text>
Okay, fine; start taking baby steps in agreeing with *me.*
"Okay, fine; start taking baby steps in agreeing with *me*"

okay, let's do it!

we ain't gonna talk about that evolution fantasy that can't be proven in several billion years, are we?

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#423184 Nov 28, 2012
More tidbits:

God Lied: The Serpent Told the Truth

Genesis 2:16-17(KJV):
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,“Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

I had to use the New King James Version of the bible for this passage because to scholars, this passage is so blatantly wrong that in subsequent versions it was changed to cover the fact that God lied. For instance, in the NIV the passage reads:

“You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.” Genesis 2:16-17(NIV)

Notice the the phrase “for in the day that you eat “was changed to “for when you eat from it “. The word “day” has been omitted because, contrary to what God said, Adam did NOT die the DAY he ate the fruit, just as the serpent said in Genesis 3:1-5:

“Has God indeed said,‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent,“We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said,‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’” Then the serpent said to the woman,“You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

First notice the woman did not relay Gods exact words. She omitted then added. She omitted by saying “God has said,‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’” when God actually said “…for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” Then she added by saying “nor shall you touch it, lest you die” which God did not say. At any rate, God’s warning that “…for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” did not come to pass. Adam lived for 930 years (Genesis 5:5). So in this sense God lied because Adam did not die the day he ate of the fruit, and the serpent told the truth because not only did Adam live well beyond the day he ate, he also acquired the knowledge of good and evil just as the serpent said he would. In fact God himself later gave this same knowledge of good and evil to man in the form of the Torah.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#423185 Nov 28, 2012
And more:

Genesis 6:1-2:
“When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.“

Who were the “sons of God”? This passage has mystified Christians for ages. However it was explained very clearly in The Book of Enoch (chapters 6-7), a book the council of Nicea banned in 325 AD under penalty of death because it exposed the Christian Church as apostate (chapter 93, v.7-9)[1], as well as other errors, omissions, and distortions in church dogma.

It was also banned because it has God blaming all sin on a messenger named Azazel, and not the church’s invention (Satan):

“And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.'
Book of Enoch, chapter 10, verse 8-9

[1]“And after that in the seventh week shall an apostate generation arise, and many shall be its deeds,And all its deeds shall be apostate.” The Book of Enoch, chapter 93, v.7-9

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423186 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I push nothing on others; I don't demand that people join in *my* spiritual beliefs. I don't use childish scare tactics in a lame attempt to sway people's opinions, or to seek recruits; that is exclusively yours.
<quoted text>
You don't have any paradise to offer.
You have the mindset of a rapist.
i don't DEMAND anything from anybody! i'm here debating just like you and you can't bully me away from it;)

"I don't use childish scare tactics"

you don't call eternal annhilation hopeless, depressing and terrifying??? "mommy where did daddy go when he just died? will we ever see him again?" "no darling, he's just worm food now and you'll never ever ever ever get to see him again. nighty night!"

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#423187 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi grace!
i essentially said that the pharisees were self righteous because they didn't receive Jesus as the Son of God/The Messiah = their righteousness.
you said "Excuse me, but that is not what made the pharisee's "self righteous"
then you went on to say many things like "People receive righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior..." and "The ONLY way to EXCEED their "self righteousness" is to accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ" etc...
you essentially said the same thing as i did, but you seem to feel the need to instruct and rebuke me. why???
Do you even know who or what the Pharisee and Sadducee were? Please explain.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423188 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
The myth of Hercules--the son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--is several thousand years older than your jesus and his alleged twelve apostles.
Where do you think the jesus idea came from?
<quoted text>
I repeat: The myth of Hercules--the son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--is several thousand years older than your jesus and his alleged twelve apostles. Are you attempting to deny what you know is real and true?
It sure looks like it!
<quoted text>
And your ignorance is indescribable.
its' funny how the Bible remains on the best seller list ALWAYS but books about zeus don't! in fact, i can't even find a church of zeus in my city, but i can't swing a dead cat & not hit one that teaches about Jesus!

no excuses, kait, and i'm just prepping you for your day in court.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#423189 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I use to be just like that a few years ago..."
so did it help you to come out from being a pharisee when people returned evil for evil/phariseeism for phariseeism back to you, or did the goodness/grace of God lead you to repentance?:)
I started searching for answers once I realized that something had to be wrong. I loved my Pastor, However, After 3 years of listening to him go on and on about how Christians were to be "Christ-Like" in EVERY thing that we do and how we would NEVER get to heaven if we had just ONE sin that we didn't ask forgiveness for and even IF we sinned unintentionally, then we should re-dedicate our lives to God.....The next Sunday, he would be preaching on the Love of God and how Jesus died to save us...I finally just stood up in the middle of his sermon and ASK.."."IF, we could possibly be so perfect as you keep telling us that we have to be...Then WHY did Jesus have to die?? I mean, We can do it ourself with enough willpower..right? Isnt that what you keep telling us??" End Quote... He didnt have an answer, SO, I decided it was time to go to the source..God!! I started doing what we are told to do..I searched for truth...and found it the Grace Message..I had to study the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant..Grace and Law..AND the rest is history... I heard Joseph Prince say it best!! Obediance to Gods Law is the FRUIT of Christianity..NOT the ROOT..I found it to be true..Its funny how human nature is..If we are forced to do something, we rebel..but if you are not, then we want to..lol..The Grace Message made more sence about Jesus than anything I have ever heard or believed about Christianity..

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423190 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
What are you buying your wife for la festa dell' inverno--the winter solstice?
<quoted text>
Actually, you do; you just don't realize it. Celebration of the Winter Solstice--Dec. 21-22--came long, long, long before the catholics invented Christmas.
I don't celebrate "christmas," and neither does anyone in my family. I choose to spend it working, and making a positive difference in my community.
we're having a 'Testify of Christ' day right up in here now! EVERY day is a Holy day in God:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423191 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I know; christianity has "borrowed" much from other religions, including the idea of Karma from the Buddhists.
<quoted text>
Yet you don't live by that yourself; you just expect others to, because it really doesn't apply to you since you claim that you're "forgiven" and all.
Besides, jesus never said anything; he never existed.
<quoted text>
Pagans were around long before you christians. "Karma"--the idea that what goes around eventually comes asround--is a Buddhist concept, far older than christianity.
<quoted text>
And naturally, since you're losing the argument, this is where you drag out your old buddy Satan--your favorite whipping boy, who lives only inside the sick and hateful imaginations of those who believe in it.
"Yet you don't live by that yourself"

huh??? how many times now have i told you that i like you, i think you're funny, beautiful, cool, that i wish you eternal blessing...etc only to have you return evil for good?

"Pagans were around long before you christians"

pagans were around since adam & eve turned pagan, hid from God and wore the first pagan costume, the fig leaf! your point?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423192 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution naturally delivers
<quoted text>
You know as well as everyone else that evolution is a scientific fact and an occurrence of Nature. What makes you want to call it a religion? Is it just your own stupidity and childishness?
<quoted text>
Translation: "I have no fucking idea of how the evolutionary process works, and I refuse to be educated."
"Billions of years," aaasssuuuup? The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old.
hon (you call me asssuup, i (get to) call you hon:),

"The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old"

you of course were able to witness this transformation yourself and that's why, a skeptic like you, believes this stuff???

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#423193 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hon (you call me asssuup, i (get to) call you hon:),
"The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old"
you of course were able to witness this transformation yourself and that's why, a skeptic like you, believes this stuff???
4.5 billion years makes logical sense considering the evidence presented. You just swallowed a random number generated by people who thought pi was 3. 6K doesn't make any sense, it doesn't fit anything, it defies logic, and has no evidence, zero evidence, supporting it.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423194 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
You clearly condone the antisocial behavior of your fellow christians coward viking, just results, no-knowledge and lord ha ha.
You approve of anything done by your fellow christians; after all, they're all forgiven, aren't they? Just like you.
<quoted text>
Once again, you don't have the balls to answer my question.
As for sins, I have none; I have plenty of *faults,* but no sins. I am not of your imaginary god, I am not of your sick and hateful religion. Your jesusgod didn't create me or anything else. I don't answer to a fictional character.
Get it in your head.
"I don't answer to a fictional character"

and you're sure that God is a fictional character, how???

could one of your *faults* be that you're defensively closed to the idea because of pride & prejudice?

Jesus has you covered for those too, kait:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423195 Nov 28, 2012
We expect you to own up to your own standards; you refuse. You claim to be exempt from the standards you would impose on us because you're a christian and you tell yourself you're forgiven, so you can be as irresponsible and hypocritical as you want.
<quoted text>
Yet you tell yourself that does not apply to you because of your "divinge forgiveness."
Cazzo stronzo.
<quoted text>
Not living up to your own standards, that you claim a to have a right to impose on us. "Thou shalt not steal," yet you steal from your boss. "Thou shalt not lie," yet you lie to your wife by not informing her of your Topix life, while you hit on women here.
You refuse to take "no" as an answer, which clearly demonstrates your rapist mentality.
How does it feel to get his with your own measuring stick?
"But I'm forgiven by jesus, so I can keep on doing it!" I can hear you telling yourself.
you're funny! i've told you many times that it's my prerogative how i use my time when working on projects. working on-line is not like working at a vets clinic - end of story! also, my wife knows that i talk on these threads and she's very familiar with my sense of humor - end of story!

now, do the right thing by not lying and slandering me over this anymore or you're being a deceitful brat!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423196 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"your overt misogyny"?!
why do i seem disrespectful to women, cuz i don't condone female superiority like the rest of our culture does? is that why you feel the need to slander me with gay remarks?
this cowboy knows how to treat a woman and understands that male leadership is deep-down what a woman is looking for in a man;)
Your wires are crossed. It's not about female superiority. It's about equality for all human beings, both male and female.

You have a problem but it's yours alone. You want to be the 'man', but have no idea how to do so. A real man is not afraid of women like you are.

You must have had a very bad experience with some woman early in life.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423197 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
It was okay with you christians when you burned a million innocent people at the stake, and tortured millions more.
huh??? you seem to believe some history when it's antichrist, but not objective history! you're only hurting yourself, kait, and your negativity is coming across loud & clear:(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423198 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Aaasssuuup refers to brains as "gray goo," so he cleaned his out.
now ladies, there's no need to fight over me cuz there's enough of wsup to go around;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423199 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hold on thar for a minute!
i've NEVER picked up a woman thru the internet or any other way since i've been married. if you're referring to my sense of humor, i reserve the right to keep it, thank you very much and it's much less malicious and blatantly insulting than yours!
If you haven't picked up any woman on the internet, it's not because you haven't tried. You have, time and time again. It's just that you got no takers because every female here knows they wouldn't want to even be in the same city with you, much less on a date of any sort.

You have no sense of humor. All you have is your misogyny. Don't confuse the two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Robert F 673,407
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min trifecta1 981,407
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 14 min Lonestar 104,828
News Judge allows Oregon resident to be genderless 39 min East Coast Larry 2
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 41 min Mojo Hojo 1,562
News Continue reading O'Reilly wig comment just the ... 54 min slick willie expl... 3
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 2 hr Pizza Delivery 2
More from around the web