Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#423188 Nov 28, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth of Hercules--the son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--is several thousand years older than your jesus and his alleged twelve apostles.
Where do you think the jesus idea came from?
<quoted text>
I repeat: The myth of Hercules--the son of Zeus and his Twelve Labors--is several thousand years older than your jesus and his alleged twelve apostles. Are you attempting to deny what you know is real and true?
It sure looks like it!
<quoted text>
And your ignorance is indescribable.
its' funny how the Bible remains on the best seller list ALWAYS but books about zeus don't! in fact, i can't even find a church of zeus in my city, but i can't swing a dead cat & not hit one that teaches about Jesus!

no excuses, kait, and i'm just prepping you for your day in court.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#423189 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I use to be just like that a few years ago..."
so did it help you to come out from being a pharisee when people returned evil for evil/phariseeism for phariseeism back to you, or did the goodness/grace of God lead you to repentance?:)
I started searching for answers once I realized that something had to be wrong. I loved my Pastor, However, After 3 years of listening to him go on and on about how Christians were to be "Christ-Like" in EVERY thing that we do and how we would NEVER get to heaven if we had just ONE sin that we didn't ask forgiveness for and even IF we sinned unintentionally, then we should re-dedicate our lives to God.....The next Sunday, he would be preaching on the Love of God and how Jesus died to save us...I finally just stood up in the middle of his sermon and ASK.."."IF, we could possibly be so perfect as you keep telling us that we have to be...Then WHY did Jesus have to die?? I mean, We can do it ourself with enough willpower..right? Isnt that what you keep telling us??" End Quote... He didnt have an answer, SO, I decided it was time to go to the source..God!! I started doing what we are told to do..I searched for truth...and found it the Grace Message..I had to study the difference between the Old Covenant and the New Covenant..Grace and Law..AND the rest is history... I heard Joseph Prince say it best!! Obediance to Gods Law is the FRUIT of Christianity..NOT the ROOT..I found it to be true..Its funny how human nature is..If we are forced to do something, we rebel..but if you are not, then we want to..lol..The Grace Message made more sence about Jesus than anything I have ever heard or believed about Christianity..

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423190 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
What are you buying your wife for la festa dell' inverno--the winter solstice?
<quoted text>
Actually, you do; you just don't realize it. Celebration of the Winter Solstice--Dec. 21-22--came long, long, long before the catholics invented Christmas.
I don't celebrate "christmas," and neither does anyone in my family. I choose to spend it working, and making a positive difference in my community.
we're having a 'Testify of Christ' day right up in here now! EVERY day is a Holy day in God:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423191 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I know; christianity has "borrowed" much from other religions, including the idea of Karma from the Buddhists.
<quoted text>
Yet you don't live by that yourself; you just expect others to, because it really doesn't apply to you since you claim that you're "forgiven" and all.
Besides, jesus never said anything; he never existed.
<quoted text>
Pagans were around long before you christians. "Karma"--the idea that what goes around eventually comes asround--is a Buddhist concept, far older than christianity.
<quoted text>
And naturally, since you're losing the argument, this is where you drag out your old buddy Satan--your favorite whipping boy, who lives only inside the sick and hateful imaginations of those who believe in it.
"Yet you don't live by that yourself"

huh??? how many times now have i told you that i like you, i think you're funny, beautiful, cool, that i wish you eternal blessing...etc only to have you return evil for good?

"Pagans were around long before you christians"

pagans were around since adam & eve turned pagan, hid from God and wore the first pagan costume, the fig leaf! your point?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423192 Nov 28, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution naturally delivers
<quoted text>
You know as well as everyone else that evolution is a scientific fact and an occurrence of Nature. What makes you want to call it a religion? Is it just your own stupidity and childishness?
<quoted text>
Translation: "I have no fucking idea of how the evolutionary process works, and I refuse to be educated."
"Billions of years," aaasssuuuup? The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old.
hon (you call me asssuup, i (get to) call you hon:),

"The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old"

you of course were able to witness this transformation yourself and that's why, a skeptic like you, believes this stuff???

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#423193 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hon (you call me asssuup, i (get to) call you hon:),
"The earth itself is only about 4.5 billion years old"
you of course were able to witness this transformation yourself and that's why, a skeptic like you, believes this stuff???
4.5 billion years makes logical sense considering the evidence presented. You just swallowed a random number generated by people who thought pi was 3. 6K doesn't make any sense, it doesn't fit anything, it defies logic, and has no evidence, zero evidence, supporting it.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423194 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
You clearly condone the antisocial behavior of your fellow christians coward viking, just results, no-knowledge and lord ha ha.
You approve of anything done by your fellow christians; after all, they're all forgiven, aren't they? Just like you.
<quoted text>
Once again, you don't have the balls to answer my question.
As for sins, I have none; I have plenty of *faults,* but no sins. I am not of your imaginary god, I am not of your sick and hateful religion. Your jesusgod didn't create me or anything else. I don't answer to a fictional character.
Get it in your head.
"I don't answer to a fictional character"

and you're sure that God is a fictional character, how???

could one of your *faults* be that you're defensively closed to the idea because of pride & prejudice?

Jesus has you covered for those too, kait:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423195 Nov 28, 2012
We expect you to own up to your own standards; you refuse. You claim to be exempt from the standards you would impose on us because you're a christian and you tell yourself you're forgiven, so you can be as irresponsible and hypocritical as you want.
<quoted text>
Yet you tell yourself that does not apply to you because of your "divinge forgiveness."
Cazzo stronzo.
<quoted text>
Not living up to your own standards, that you claim a to have a right to impose on us. "Thou shalt not steal," yet you steal from your boss. "Thou shalt not lie," yet you lie to your wife by not informing her of your Topix life, while you hit on women here.
You refuse to take "no" as an answer, which clearly demonstrates your rapist mentality.
How does it feel to get his with your own measuring stick?
"But I'm forgiven by jesus, so I can keep on doing it!" I can hear you telling yourself.
you're funny! i've told you many times that it's my prerogative how i use my time when working on projects. working on-line is not like working at a vets clinic - end of story! also, my wife knows that i talk on these threads and she's very familiar with my sense of humor - end of story!

now, do the right thing by not lying and slandering me over this anymore or you're being a deceitful brat!

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423196 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"your overt misogyny"?!
why do i seem disrespectful to women, cuz i don't condone female superiority like the rest of our culture does? is that why you feel the need to slander me with gay remarks?
this cowboy knows how to treat a woman and understands that male leadership is deep-down what a woman is looking for in a man;)
Your wires are crossed. It's not about female superiority. It's about equality for all human beings, both male and female.

You have a problem but it's yours alone. You want to be the 'man', but have no idea how to do so. A real man is not afraid of women like you are.

You must have had a very bad experience with some woman early in life.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423197 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
It was okay with you christians when you burned a million innocent people at the stake, and tortured millions more.
huh??? you seem to believe some history when it's antichrist, but not objective history! you're only hurting yourself, kait, and your negativity is coming across loud & clear:(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423198 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Aaasssuuup refers to brains as "gray goo," so he cleaned his out.
now ladies, there's no need to fight over me cuz there's enough of wsup to go around;)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423199 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hold on thar for a minute!
i've NEVER picked up a woman thru the internet or any other way since i've been married. if you're referring to my sense of humor, i reserve the right to keep it, thank you very much and it's much less malicious and blatantly insulting than yours!
If you haven't picked up any woman on the internet, it's not because you haven't tried. You have, time and time again. It's just that you got no takers because every female here knows they wouldn't want to even be in the same city with you, much less on a date of any sort.

You have no sense of humor. All you have is your misogyny. Don't confuse the two.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#423200 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
4.5 billion years makes logical sense considering the evidence presented. You just swallowed a random number generated by people who thought pi was 3. 6K doesn't make any sense, it doesn't fit anything, it defies logic, and has no evidence, zero evidence, supporting it.
are you a man? A woman? or a Hermaprodite?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423201 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No he didn't. He's a myth.
history and prophecy says you're wrong. but, what do you care, you belong to the religion of 'THEY-SAY'; whatever 'they' say, you'll believe!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#423202 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
now ladies, there's no need to fight over me cuz there's enough of wsup to go around;)
they wants you waaasssuuup

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423203 Nov 28, 2012
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know who or what the Pharisee and Sadducee were? Please explain.
I would suggest you just go ahead and give him the information as I don't think he really knows anything about the Bible at all.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423204 Nov 28, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
So is this christian pastor (John White) that reads from the same bible as you, believes in the same god-being as you, prays like you do, believes in a heaven and a hell like you do, and on and on...is he forgiven by your god-being and saved by your christ-being? That is of course if he prays and begs for forgiveness from your god-being.
<quoted text>
Yeah; exactly like you.
<quoted text>
Sins do not exist for those outside of your cult.
all i can say is that i admire your tenacity; little to no logic involved, but very cute tenacity - lol:)

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423205 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
its' funny how the Bible remains on the best seller list ALWAYS but books about zeus don't! in fact, i can't even find a church of zeus in my city, but i can't swing a dead cat & not hit one that teaches about Jesus!
no excuses, kait, and i'm just prepping you for your day in court.
The Bible stays on the 'best seller' list because so many churches purchase copies to give away and no other reason.

Using book sales as a reason to believe is rather inane, don't you think?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#423206 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yet you don't live by that yourself"
huh??? how many times now have i told you that i like you, i think you're funny, beautiful, cool, that i wish you eternal blessing...etc only to have you return evil for good?
"Pagans were around long before you christians"
pagans were around since adam & eve turned pagan, hid from God and wore the first pagan costume, the fig leaf! your point?
How can someone hide from an all-knowing deity? That's crazy stuff right there.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423207 Nov 28, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you are. There is no brain to separate them.
<quoted text>
YOu are the one who denigrates people who use their brains; you should be proud not to have that "gray mush," as you call it, between your ears.
<quoted text>
You don't believe in honest communication; all you believe in is your jesus/ego.
lmao:)

you like that 'lil grey blob' analogy huh?

the brain is just a vehicle for sending & reading impulses through our body, storing memory and for some cognative thinking. the mind & soul, however, determine our character and how we act.

brain function deteriorates with the body, but the soul can get stronger and brighter as time goes on.

which do you think we should put more stock in?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Shadowman 71,227
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Big Al 994,974
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min hojo 699,329
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 1 hr Joe Fortuna 54
Are black people descendents of Cain from the l... (Feb '11) 1 hr DragpmKiller5566 85
After 2 years of being together, we broke up. 2 hr waaasssuuup 5
Beware carrots sold at Walmart and Kroger 5 hr Real Change 2018 1