Why I’m no longer a Christian

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#423167 Nov 28, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>See, there's the rub. It is not goodness, personified. It is not even real. The entire concept is immoral garbage and it destroys its adherents. You are implicit proof of that if you are anything at all like your presented persona. You are disturbing. Your religion has destroyed your humanity.
Nope, I have had a good life. Stress free. Obviously, unlike you. You have been molested by your dogma. Raped. Destroyed. You need to seek professional help. Immediately. And, no, I would never have a conversation with someone so mentally disturbed in private. Your sickness needs the disinfectant of he light.
BTW - "I have had a good life. Stress free"

i'm sincerely glad that you do have a good life and i wish you an eternally good one as well!

can you say the same for me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#423168 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
no - rather, i think that YOU have just proven that you think you're morally superior/self-righteous!
yeah, you never met a cowboy quite like me, no, not in all of tejas;)
All of us women have met cowboys like you wasup...the world has it's fair share of men just like you...your type of cowboy is a dime a dozen.

Fortunately...the world also has it's fair share of men who will treat us like equals and can still give us women what we want and what we need. You obviously just aren't one of them.

Men with your mentality toward women only appeal to those women that can not think for themselves nor take care of themselves if they need to. Fortunately...the number of these women is decreasing all the time.

Actually...upon thinking about it...I know no women that need a cowboy like you.
Bilko

Oak Grove, KY

#423169 Nov 28, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That’s just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my “baptism” and I will never forget it.
I’m free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I’ve made and the actions I’ve taken, then I will. But I won’t again lie to anyone that I’m feeling something or sensing something when I’m not. I won’t try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won’t lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
I have my own reasons for my belief,I'm glad your one of the few that can voice theirs.Took alot of thought and soul searching,thanks...Bilko

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423170 Nov 28, 2012
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I do not think all christians are like him however, you keep harping about being forgiven for your sins and guess what...SO WILL HE. He murdered 2 people, almost 3, and claims to be a christian.
You don't and/or won't condemn him to your hell place will ya? If he prays away his sins your god-being might forgive him and everything will be OK again.
Tell me, is he going to your heaven or your hell?? Don't tell me you don't know because you have judged myself and others as heading to your hell place and I've not committed murder once, let alone twice.
So where's he headed??
"You don't and/or won't condemn him to your hell place will ya?"

that, of course, is not for me to decide. just like you, he needs to repent and believe Jesus in order to be free from the bondage of sin & death. it seems obvious that he hasn't a clue what that means, based on his blatant disobedience to the Spirit of God. however, it seems equally obvious that you don't either even though you haven't physically killed anyone (i hope).

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#423171 Nov 28, 2012
DearthOfCouth wrote:
<quoted text>
AnnieJ is pure gold, as is NoStress4me and several other people here who have very little in common with me.
I suspect, Grace, that you and I would be able to find very little to agree over but I don't see why that should trouble either of us. I hope that you will always find yourself welcome here, and that you will stay as long as you like.
Aaaaw

I think sometimes my gold gets a little tarnished! LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#423172 Nov 28, 2012
Bilko wrote:
<quoted text>I have my own reasons for my belief,I'm glad your one of the few that can voice theirs.Took alot of thought and soul searching,thanks...Bilko
Hey Bilko! I see your ISP says Cadiz, KY. I grew up not far from there in the middle of the sticks. I called home the Iuka, Lake City, Grand Rivers, Smithland area home.

I went back there recently for about a year. That old saying is true...you can't go back home. It hadn't changed but I had.

Nice to meet you.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#423173 Nov 28, 2012
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
So the Los Angeles Zoo received a female of this really rare species of gorilla one day. It seemed really agitated and irritable, though, and eventually the zoo's vets determined it was in heat. Worse yet, they had no male of the species to...erm, satisfy her.
But they did have their groundskeeper / cage cleaner T-Town Clown, who (according to rumor) was hung like a race horse. So the zoo staff approached him with a proposition: Would he be willing to have sex with the gorilla for, say,$500?
T-Town immediately leaped at the opportunity. "Sure!" he said, without a moment's hesitation. "But only under three conditions. First off, you can't ever tell anyone about this."
"Okay, done," said the zoo director.
"Second, I don't wanna have to kiss her. That's yucky."
"Okay, fine," said the zoo director. "What's your third condition?"
"Well," T-Town said thoughtfully as he rubbed his chin, "you're gonna have to give me about a week to come up with that five hundred dollars."
I came up with the $$$$ it was fun

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423174 Nov 28, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but that is not what made the pharisee's "self righteous"
Lets start by understanding the definition of "righteous" Definition: Made RIGHT with God
Righteousness is the state of moral perfection required by God to enter heaven. However, the Bible clearly states that human beings cannot achieve righteousness through their own efforts: "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin." The pharisee's knew the Law of Moses like the back of their hand and thought that BECAUSE they kept the law, THEY were righteous...THAT made them SELF RIGHTEOUS..They tried to achieve righteousness by their own efforts...
People receive righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior. Christ, the sinless Son of God, took humanity's sin upon himself and became the willing, perfect sacrifice, suffering the punishment mankind deserved. God the Father accepted Jesus' sacrifice, through which human beings can become justified.
In turn, believers receive righteousness from Christ. This doctrine is called imputation. Christ's perfect righteousness is applied to imperfect humans.
http://christianity.about.com/od/glossary/a/R...
Jesus told the scribes and pharisee's to their faces, "Verily I say unto you, the Publicans and the harlots will go into the Kingdom of God before you!" (Matthew 21:31) And He told His disciples, "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of Heaven!" (Matthew 5:20)--
The ONLY way to EXCEED their "self righteousness" is to accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ...There is none righteous, no, not one!" "For by grace are ye saved through faith and that NOT of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of WORKS lest any man should boast!" Does That sounds like a "cheap" way out?? I have heard this a 1000's times and I simply say NO..It wasn't CHEAP, It cost Jesus His LIFE.
http://christianity.about.com/od/glossary/a/R...
hi grace!

i essentially said that the pharisees were self righteous because they didn't receive Jesus as the Son of God/The Messiah = their righteousness.

you said "Excuse me, but that is not what made the pharisee's "self righteous"

then you went on to say many things like "People receive righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior..." and "The ONLY way to EXCEED their "self righteousness" is to accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ" etc...

you essentially said the same thing as i did, but you seem to feel the need to instruct and rebuke me. why???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423176 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Why is it that you believe it's your place to talk to non-christians about behaving like christians, while a self-avowed christian like yourself doesn't behave like one?
<quoted text>
Who cleans up *your* self-righteous backyard? Obviously it isn't *you.*
Waaasssuuup: "You do as I *say,* not as I *do*--I'm forgiven, and you're not!"
i'm not afraid to talk about specific behaviors as it's obvious to anyone who's objective who it is who's being nasty to who on this thread

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423177 Nov 28, 2012
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
already have, several times.
you mean how unless i'm conformed into the skeptic's way of thinking i won't be accepted by you?

as much as i like you, that's a deal-breaker for me:(

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#423178 Nov 28, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I'm a Christian fighting against the abuse and stench of atheism which you practice so well.
Our abuse? You need a mirror, because christians are responsible for the most abuse in this country, almost all of it.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#423179 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi grace!
i essentially said that the pharisees were self righteous because they didn't receive Jesus as the Son of God/The Messiah = their righteousness.
then you went on to say many things like "People receive righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior..." and "The ONLY way to EXCEED their "self righteousness" is to accept the righteousness of Jesus Christ" etc...
you essentially said the same thing as i did, but you seem to feel the need to instruct and rebuke me. why???
Hi wassupp..
I had to go back and re-read your post. You didn't say "Receive Jesus"..you said...

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie - the self-righteousness of the pharisees was that they didn't believe that Jesus was the Son of God/the Messiah.
do you believe that Jesus is the Savior of the world, <Unquote>

I wasn't rebuking you..I was trying to help you. Thats what we are suppose to do..right? You are correct in saying that they didn't believe Jesus was the son of God..Thats why they killed Him, but they were self-righteous because they tried to earn their way to to God by their "performance" or works of the Law. You believe just as I do..Thats obvious enough. I just know from past experiance that when we try to tell people of the "Grace Message", they have to be willing to listen and have an open mind..not a religious mindset. It's hard enough to explain this to someone who believes in God...almost impossible to explain this to someone who tells you that they don't want no part of God and doesn't believe a Word of the Bible..I am sorry if you read more into my reply than there actually was, but thats ok..I was really trying to help you. The mystery of the gospel is God’s message of salvation for the dispensation of the grace of God. The mystery of the gospel included revelation referred to as the “mystery of godliness”(I Tim. 3:15-16). The gospel message is the good news of salvation. Keep in mind that salvation includes three tenses: past (justification) present (sanctification) and future (glorification). Of course the message of justification by faith is very different from the message of sanctification by faith. One relates to BECOMING a Christian, while the other relates to LIVING the Christian life. I believe that you have good intentions and sometimes you may try to hard..God Bless

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423180 Nov 28, 2012
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
So, You understood exactly why I was calling some of the Christians on here a "Pharisee".. To be completly honest, I use to be just like that a few years ago...Someone called me a pharisee...I didn't understand why, so I started searching, AND she was exactly right..Thats when I started really searching the scriptures and found the Grace Message. It changed everything that I ever thought was true..Sometimes, words may hurt but they can also help..Thanks again for posting it. Maybe it will open someone else's eyes.:)
"I use to be just like that a few years ago..."

so did it help you to come out from being a pharisee when people returned evil for evil/phariseeism for phariseeism back to you, or did the goodness/grace of God lead you to repentance?:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423181 Nov 28, 2012
Mary Palm wrote:
<quoted text>it is sexist and misogynistic, but, then again, that is your shtick, Jerry. Just for you: Lonely Planet. Bwahahahahahaha. You and wasssuup have so much in common. Silly theology. A hatred of women. Using the Internet to pick up the babes! But, failing miserably and tossing off into,a tube sock. Lonely, lonely planet.
hold on thar for a minute!
i've NEVER picked up a woman thru the internet or any other way since i've been married. if you're referring to my sense of humor, i reserve the right to keep it, thank you very much and it's much less malicious and blatantly insulting than yours!

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#423182 Nov 28, 2012
Hello gang! I'm almost done with finals for this semester and I needed something to occupy my time during the break. Here are some tidbits for the Christians to chew on:
Original sin, sometimes called ancestral sin, according to a doctrine proposed in Christian theology, is humanity's state of sin resulting from the Fall of Man. It is regarded as the general condition of sinfulness into which humans are born, distinct from the actual sins that a person commits. This teaching explicitly states that original sin does not have the character of a personal fault in any individual, but human beings bear the "original guilt" from Adam and Eve's particular sin. The prevailing view held in Eastern Orthodoxy is that human beings bear no guilt for the sin of Adam and Eve. The doctrine of original sin exists only in the Western Christian church.
The doctrine was first developed in 2nd-century by Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon and codified at the council of Nicea in 325 AD. Prior to this the doctrine did not exist. It is actually in direct conflict to Torah. Deuteronomy 24:16 specifically states:
“Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin.“
If God’s law forbids children being held accountable for the sins of the fathers, this would apply equally to the sins committed by Adam. The doctrine of original sin is false.
Not only that, but God never cursed Adam’s flesh, he cursed the ground:
“Then to Adam He said,“Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying,‘You shall not eat of it’:“Cursed is the ground for your sake; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, and you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread ‘till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for dust you are, and to dust you shall return.”
- Genesis 3:18-19
He later rescinded that curse in Genesis 8:21:
“…Then the LORD said in His heart,“I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake.”
This also conflicts with the Christian doctrine which teaches the Messiah could not be born from the seed of a man because his flesh was corrupt, since God did not curse Adam’s flesh. However he did curse Eve’s flesh:
To the woman He said:
“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”
Eve’s curse was a curse of the flesh, and if anything, the Messiah could not have been born of a woman because HER FLESH was cursed.
_

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423183 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
You have no truth; all you have is lies, which I will continue to refute with the truth.
<quoted text>
Okay, fine; start taking baby steps in agreeing with *me.*
"Okay, fine; start taking baby steps in agreeing with *me*"

okay, let's do it!

we ain't gonna talk about that evolution fantasy that can't be proven in several billion years, are we?

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#423184 Nov 28, 2012
More tidbits:

God Lied: The Serpent Told the Truth

Genesis 2:16-17(KJV):
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,“Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”

I had to use the New King James Version of the bible for this passage because to scholars, this passage is so blatantly wrong that in subsequent versions it was changed to cover the fact that God lied. For instance, in the NIV the passage reads:

“You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.” Genesis 2:16-17(NIV)

Notice the the phrase “for in the day that you eat “was changed to “for when you eat from it “. The word “day” has been omitted because, contrary to what God said, Adam did NOT die the DAY he ate the fruit, just as the serpent said in Genesis 3:1-5:

“Has God indeed said,‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent,“We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said,‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’” Then the serpent said to the woman,“You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

First notice the woman did not relay Gods exact words. She omitted then added. She omitted by saying “God has said,‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’” when God actually said “…for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” Then she added by saying “nor shall you touch it, lest you die” which God did not say. At any rate, God’s warning that “…for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” did not come to pass. Adam lived for 930 years (Genesis 5:5). So in this sense God lied because Adam did not die the day he ate of the fruit, and the serpent told the truth because not only did Adam live well beyond the day he ate, he also acquired the knowledge of good and evil just as the serpent said he would. In fact God himself later gave this same knowledge of good and evil to man in the form of the Torah.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#423185 Nov 28, 2012
And more:

Genesis 6:1-2:
“When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.“

Who were the “sons of God”? This passage has mystified Christians for ages. However it was explained very clearly in The Book of Enoch (chapters 6-7), a book the council of Nicea banned in 325 AD under penalty of death because it exposed the Christian Church as apostate (chapter 93, v.7-9)[1], as well as other errors, omissions, and distortions in church dogma.

It was also banned because it has God blaming all sin on a messenger named Azazel, and not the church’s invention (Satan):

“And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.'
Book of Enoch, chapter 10, verse 8-9

[1]“And after that in the seventh week shall an apostate generation arise, and many shall be its deeds,And all its deeds shall be apostate.” The Book of Enoch, chapter 93, v.7-9

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#423186 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I push nothing on others; I don't demand that people join in *my* spiritual beliefs. I don't use childish scare tactics in a lame attempt to sway people's opinions, or to seek recruits; that is exclusively yours.
<quoted text>
You don't have any paradise to offer.
You have the mindset of a rapist.
i don't DEMAND anything from anybody! i'm here debating just like you and you can't bully me away from it;)

"I don't use childish scare tactics"

you don't call eternal annhilation hopeless, depressing and terrifying??? "mommy where did daddy go when he just died? will we ever see him again?" "no darling, he's just worm food now and you'll never ever ever ever get to see him again. nighty night!"

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#423187 Nov 28, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi grace!
Do you even know who or what the Pharisee and Sadducee were? Please explain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Riverside Rednek 60,395
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min another viewer 994,110
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min Tony 6,787
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 21 min Laughing Out Loud... 19
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min kent 695,748
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 1 hr pooyoda 40
Prove there is No God 3 hr Andre_Ron 1
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web